Function to control how data displayed

I have 2 columns that I exported from Access to Excel. In Access th
columns were Yes or No.  In excel they display as True or False. I wan
them to show as Yes or No what is the function to make this happen?

Thank you!

--
LOgle531
LOgle5318's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2659

LOgle5318,

Assuming your True and False are in columns A & B then
In C1 put
 =IF(A1="True","Yes")
and in D1 put
=IF(B1 ="False","No")
Copy these down the columns as far as you need to.
Hide columns A & B.

Henry

"LOgle5318" <LOgle5318.1u9xmh_1124895934.8578@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:LOgle5318.1u9xmh_1124895934.8578@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have 2 columns that I exported from Access to Excel. In Access the
> columns were Yes or No.  In excel they display as True or False. I want
> them to show as Yes or No what is the function to make this happen?
>
> Thank you!!
>

> --
> LOgle5318
> LOgle5318's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26591
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398606

Trouble with Tab Control
I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or "normal" i've selected botha nd nothing changes. Any ideas on how to solve this. thanks On Jan 25, 9:32 am, tsla...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab > appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I > saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or > ...

Transferring control of CClientDC to CDC
Hi, I have a class MSWinDisplayManager which I want to take a CClientDC device context so that it's member functions can perform drawing routines on it. I want the class to have it's own CClientDC member which all the methods have access to draw on. My constructor looks like this: MSWinDisplayManager::MSWinDisplayManager(CClientDC& win) { private_win.attach(win); } This is called by the user like: CClientDC dlg(this); MSWinDisplayManager wdm(dlg); then I want to do things like: wdm.drawCars(); The problem I have is that private_win isn't getting control of the device ...

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

Qrp Date functions

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Controlling NDR's sent to Originator
Hi, I have a scenario: An Exchange2k User sets up an Auto Forward Rule to forward all inbound mail to a personal email account. This person recieves email into his Inbox and the Rule fires off forwarding the email to their personal account. His personal account is not reachable and Exchange sends a NDR to the original sender. Example: Step 1: john23@example.com sends email to corpuser7@corp14.com Step 2: corpuser7@corp14.com has an Inbox rule that forwards this email to his personal account at homeacct@isporg.com Step 3: exchangeserver.corp14.com recieves an NDR from pubmailer.isporg.c...

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

Macro

macros entering data

Using INDIRECT within functions

Date function quit working

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...