Function to caculate date

Is there a function that will add one or two months to a date in another cell?
Example: January 30,2005 in cell A1 in cell A2 March 30,2005

Also is there a function that will add a specific number of days?
Example: January 30, 2005 in cell A1 , would like to add 60 days to that

Thank you in advance

0
Jen9392 (11)

Try this, Jen:
=DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+1, DAY(A1))
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a function that will add one or two months to a date in another
cell?
> Example: January 30,2005 in cell A1 in cell A2 March 30,2005
>

> Also is there a function that will add a specific number of days?
> Example: January 30, 2005 in cell A1 , would like to add 60 days to that
>
> Thank you in advance

0
ng1 (1444)
7/18/2005 2:28:54 AM
"Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsft.com> wrote
> Is there a function that will add one or two months to a date in another
cell?
> Example: January 30,2005 in cell A1 in cell A2 March 30,2005

Try in A2: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,DAY(A1))
(add 2 months)

> Also is there a function that will add a specific number of days?
> Example: January 30, 2005 in cell A1 , would like to add 60 days to that

Try in A2: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+60)

--
Rgds
Max

0
demechanik (4694)
7/18/2005 2:36:42 AM
=a1+60
(Format it as a date)

For the second question.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

Function doesn't run
In my spreadsheet, I have the following function =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the cell. How do I fix this problem? Format the cell as General and re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Justin" <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote in message news:1165596899.059148.31580@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... | In my spreadsheet, I have the following function | =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) | However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the | cell. How do I fix th...

date/time formatting

Adding a button with a function on protected sheets.
How do i add a button to 'reset/clear' the data on a worksheet that is protected and uses VLookup data (from another worksheet). Everyday this table will have data chosen from combo boxes or manually entered in allowable editable fields and at the end of the day after the files is saved, I need to clear that data for use on the next day. How is this Reset button applied with allowable edit ranges, VLookup data and a protected worksheet? Thanks There's several ways to do this. 1. Instead of straight vlookups, use =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) wher...

Today Function
how is this function called in the code? I want to use in in an update query that is coded to a button. thanks Hey Dave, I hope I'm understanding what your asking for but I think this is what you are looking for: Today() HTH, Shane Dave wrote: >how is this function called in the code? >I want to use in in an update query that is coded to a button. > >thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 Well I think it is either Today() or Date() not sure which and not sure how to use it in the code. I ...

how can I asign printscreen to a function key or key combination?
My key board has no printscreen key. What can I do? That seems unlikely, but it is hardly a Word issue. The PrtScn button is usually a dual function button somewhere on the top row of your keyboard. If it is not then you need to ask the keyboard manufacturer. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...

Calculate age as of a date certain
Employee benefit enrollment requires the age of each employee as of a specific date, such as 1/1/2005. Given the date of birth, how would this be calculated? -- Joe S. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0EC4F9E5-2E60-448A-A107-7B085BC764C5@microsoft.com... > Employee benefit enrollment requires the age of each employee as of a > specific date, such as 1/1/2005. Given the date of birth, how would this be > calculated? > -- > Joe ...

Conditional formatting a date range
If I have a column of dates that are manual entered what is the formula to conditionally format them based on a date range of three months before the current date to the current date and another three months after the current date to the current date? Assume the dates are in column A, starting with A1. Highlight all the dates, with A1 as the active cell, and click on Format | Conditional Formatting. In the dialogue box you should select Formula Is rather than Cell Value Is and then enter this formula: =3DAND(A1>=3DTODAY()-91,A1<=3DTODAY()) Click on the Format button and choose the ...

gst/vat caculation problem
Can anybody tell me if the caculation is supposed to be correct, or how to fix it if it appears not to be working. I have 12.5 entered as gst/vat but for exapmle I put in 10.00 and it shows an amount of 1.11. Money 2005. This is the way it has always worked. With A VAT/GST rateof 12.5%, 8.89 is the amount which would generate the VAT of 1.11 - which sums up to a total of 10.00, so yes, it's correct -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS...

Date/Time stamp in Memo Field
Hi all..is it possible to programmatically insert Now() when text in a Memo field becomes edited? Thanks for all help! If it has to be entered directly in the memo field tetxbox: Private Sub MemoFieldName_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue) Then Me.MemoFieldName = Now & " " & Me.MemoFieldName Else Me.MemoFieldName = Left(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue)) & " " & Now & " " & Right(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName) - Len(Me. MemoFieldName.OldValue)) End If Me.Dirty = False End...

Capturing the ItemID from the Add function.
Can anyone tell me how to capture the ItemID (referenced by the Add function): Dim objAdded As Object set objAdded = Session.Transaction.Entries.Add(ItemID, ItemLookUpCode, Qty, 0, False, 0). I tried the following and am getting an error: Dim itemid as Long itemid = Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(entrynumber).Item.ID The itemID referenced in the add function seems to be the itemID from the database and not the entry ID on the pos screen. Thanks, Robert -- rshuptrine armsys You can do a query on the Database using the ItemLookupCode. Use the code I posted a couple of days ago then ...

Add Actual End Date to Resolved Cases view
Hi We would like to add the actual end date to the Case General Tab or possibly to the Resolved Cases and/or My Resolved Cases view. I know that the Actual End Date is available on the Service Activity and Case Resolution but this field is not available for the Case. Any workaround for this? Thanks Mark ...

due dates #5
thanks alot guys I have it working now this will save me a ton of scanning over dates with a visual que I have 8 pages with 6 rows of due dates on each pag -- canma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- canman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1459 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26223 Glad to hear that, canman ! Thanks for the feedback -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "canman" <canman.1czh20@excelforum-n...

Update cell based on date range
Hey guys! I was wondering if I could get some help here. I would lik to update a cell based on a date range. For example, I would like t update the value of a cell to the value of another cell if the curren date is between July 1st and July 10th. However, if the date i outside the date range, I want the value for that cell to not b updated, and be the previous value. Can anyone give me an example a to how I would do this? Thanks!! -- deversol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- deversole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=geti...