Full path name in footer

I'm using 2000 which doesn't seem to have the option of
putting the full path name in the footer. Someone gave me
the code

Sub PathInFooter()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
End Sub

which gives me the full path name but doesn't give me the
sheet name. Should FullName give me the sheet name also or
do I need to add something. The name is really long.
Thanks. Michael
0
mlkpied (9)

Substitute:
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName & _
    " " & ActiveSheet.Name

"Michael" <mlkpied@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm using 2000 which doesn't seem to have the option of
> putting the full path name in the footer. Someone gave me
> the code
>
> Sub PathInFooter()
> ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
> End Sub
>
> which gives me the full path name but doesn't give me the
> sheet name. Should FullName give me the sheet name also or
> do I need to add something. The name is really long.
> Thanks. Michael

0
jmay (696)

Word 2003/Vista style names mystery
I am working on a 200+-page doc, using styles. For no reason I can identify, new style names have begun spontaneously populating the list of Styles and Formatting. All are numeric--403056801z0 or similar, followed by a group of Wingding symbols or text in Greek, and all are based on "underlying properties." The numbers differ but the phrases following the entries are the same throughout. The new styles seem to have no influence on actual text, though the Document Map list makes a little jump when one of the numeric style names is clicked. I have done nothing deliberate with...

Sent To name disappears / missing after email is sent
My company uses Exchange Server and I am using Outlook 2003. It seems that after I send an email, sometimes the "Sent To" name/email address disappears or is missing. It appears that the email messages are being received by the receipient, but I cannot go back to my Outlook later to seee "who" I sent an email to or able to sort by name (just a blank line). How can this be corrected? Thanks. ...

Path in formula
Hello, I discovered something quite disturbing about the way Excel handles paths in formulas. I have a few directories/sub-directories with Excel files in them, with external links in formulas between them. If I move them to another place : - the "external links" remain correct for the formulas containing paths that go "down" (= pointing to sub-directories) - all external links pointing "up" (to the directory above the file) are broken !!! How can I fix that ?!? Thanks ! "myname" <lslfkjs@sdfmsflmk.com> wrote in message news:43cbf3cf$0$196...

550 relaying to <name@???.com> prohibited by administrator
Since updating Outlook 2003 I keep getting "550 relaying to <name@???.com> prohibited by administrator". I thought it was originally some security setting which checked my contacts to see if the address is in my contacts as some email addresses work and some didn't. After adding them into my contacts it seemed to work for a while and now its intermittent. One day I would reply to the email and its sends o.k. next time it fails with the above error message. Other colleges in the office are not getting this problem but they haven't updated outlook. I have search...

Named Cells
Hello, I was hoping someone could answer my question. I've used this group before with great success: In older versions of Excel, if a spreadsheet had named cells in it, those named cells could be inserted into a formula simply by selecting the name from a drop down list. The down arrow for the list is beside the formula line immediately above the spreadsheet grid. In the newer versions of Excel, if a spreadsheet has named cells in it, those named cells do appear in the drop down list. HOWEVER, once you begin to enter a formula into a cell (i.e. entering the =93=3D=94 sign)= , the dr...

Sorting songs by real names?
Is there a way, without using a leading space, to be able to sort songs with their real names. By that I mean not ignoring the words "A" or "The" for exmaples. Sometimes these words are an integral part of a title. Any ideas out there? David Michaud A work around can be - WMP has a lot of tags you probably don't use - find one accepting text and not doing 'intelligent' sorting - use a tool like MP3tag to copy the titles to this tag - do the sorting on this tag -- http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com "David" wrote: > I...

Display Name sorting issue
I have a need to sort a bunch of users and groups to the bottom of the Address List in Exchange. I can prefix the Display Name with an underscore to force an item to the top of the list, but what can I do to sort them to the end of the list. there are two situations where I need this. One is schedulable resources (we are using AutoAcceptAgent) which I need to see in the address list, but I want them below all the general users, not above. If I hide them from Exchange Address Lists then they don't show up in the Resources list either. And because they are Users, they show up in the ...

OL 2002 Lists Multiple Names per Contact When Addressing Emails
Sorry if this question has been asked before but I have not been able to resolve or find relevant solution. When addressing an email in IMO OL 2002 its lists multiple instances per contact when the contact has more than one email address. Fax numbers are also some how liste but don't know why. IN IMO OL 2000 only the default email address was listed when addressing emails. Is there a setting somewhere or software that I could buy for OL 2002 to make it behave like 2000? The following information is an excerpt from 289467 User Profiles and Information Services http://support.micr...

Exporting Names and Addresses to Outlook
Hey there. From Outlook, I have tried to import data from Excel into a Contacts list...but when I go to do so, an error message in the Outlook Import/Export Wizard pops up telling me to name the range of data in Excel I'd like to import. When I go to Excel and search the help menu, nothing works.... Help help! Cindy > Hey there. Hello. > > From Outlook, I have tried to import data from Excel into > a Contacts list...but when I go to do so, an error message > in the Outlook Import/Export Wizard pops up telling me to > name the range of data in Excel I'd like...

Opening CRM 3.0 in full screen browser
Hi, When I am opening the CRM in browser mode it is opening as a site in the browser (I can see the address bar) and not as an web application (full screen). Why is it happening in some clients and how it can be fixed ? Thanks in advance, Eddie This is controlled in the web.config on the web server. There is a setting for app mode that needs to be set to On/ -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD80F65E-A047-4BFB-8079-B4FF45A7F0BE@microsoft.com... Hi, When I am opening the CRM in browser mode it is op...

How to force the critical path through a milestone
I have a project with a few long duration non-critical task which define the ultimate duration of the entire project. However, I have a few critical intermediate milestones which are critical. Does anyone know if there is a way to force the critical path through specific milestones without date constraining them? Many Thanks. What you're doing doesn't sound like good practice. Basically, you have long tasks which don't define the duration of the project but short tasks that do? Sounds like you've turned Critical Path scheduling on its head. That disclaim...

POP3/SMTP server name
Anyone lnow the server name for a POP3 account? If you mean for a Live.com account, see http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Post32" <Legionpost32@live.com> wrote in message = news:edxBF3UcKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Anyone lnow the server name for a POP3 account? The server is named Janice. Post32 wrote: > Anyone lnow the server name for a POP3 ac...

XY Scatter Chart with X-axis displays the Category Name
Hi, i am having data like this Code - Qty X - 100 Y - 500 Z - 700, i would like to plot xy scatter graph like in which, X axis shows, all code name i.e X,Y,Z and Y axis shows the values, is it possible ? You've described a line chart. Line charts can use arbitrary labels as X values, while an XY chart requires numeric values. In either type of chart, the series formatting can be the same (e.g., XY charts with lines connecting the points and Line charts with no lines). In this respect, the terminology is confusing. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Cus...

Domain Trust to 2 domains with the same NetBIOS name
Hi, I am banging my head against the wall with this one and really need some help.... Scenario:- I have 3 AD domains as follows:- Domain 1 AD namespace - uk.company.local netbios domain name = ukcompany 2003 finctional forest and domain Domain 2 AD namespace - france.company.local netbios domain name = company **same as domain 3 2000 finctional forest and domain Domain 3 AD namespace - spain.company.local netbios domain name - company **same as domain 2 2000 finctional forest and domain Is there any way that Domain 1 can create a Trust to domain 2 and domain 3 ...

Can I alphabetize by sheet name in an excel workbook?
I have a lot of sheets in my workbook. I would like to alphabetize the sheets by name. Is that possible? Thanks! Take a look here: http://cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm In article <A991DEB6-5907-45B1-B1C2-F02C77139677@microsoft.com>, "sunrosemom" <sunrosemom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a lot of sheets in my workbook. I would like to alphabetize the > sheets by name. Is that possible? ...

Domain names up for grabs, earn on the net .
Go to www.movie.ws/streamsofwealth ...

Exchange 2010 period in netbios domain name
Hello, we just try to upgrade to Exchange 2010 and after installing the first client access server we notice that the EMC failed initializing with the following error (with admin account of course): ------------------ The following error occurred when getting user information for 'netbios domain\username': The operation couldn't be performed because the object 'netbios domain\username' couldn't be found on 'domain controller'. It was running the command 'Get-LogonUser. The username it is looking up is mine and I have full administrative ...

Client Protection Path selection
I've just started using the RC of DPM 2010 and I am really impressed.. I looked at the first release of DPM years ago and found it took more management time than our old Backup solution, but so far this week I have been able to backup all my servers with only a few teething problems (read my lack of reading the manual)... One question I have relates to Client Protection... in the dialog asking for what directories to include/exclude there is a list of common directories, is there a list of what physically directories are included in each of these groups... I could of cours...

How to correct path to "missing" Personal .pst in OL98?
OL98 and Win98se. Is there a way to correct the <path> to a personal .pst file that is no longer where it was in the past? A number of personal .pst's were on a separate HD. The drive died. I was able to get them off a backup CD and put them to a different partition/folder on the working drive. When I open OL the previously opened personal folders are listed (from the last open before the drive died). When I try to access any one of them I get a "Unable to expand folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The file: <old-path>.pst could not be found." error messa...

Distance between Form Detail and Footer
I have a textbox sitting in a form footer to show the sum of the controls on the form. I have reduced the height of the footer itself to the absolute minimum (the textbox is 0.423cm high so I have the footer itself at 0.45cm. However, the textbox still "stands off" too much below the controls on the form. It's as if there's some kind of no-man's land that's in the way there, other than the depth of the footer itself - i.e. an invisible strip between the Form Detail and the Form Footer? If so how can I shrink this so that the textbox will sit nice and tight up u...

event log error
Every now and then (roughly every 4 or so hours) i'm getting three event log errors in a row. They all refer to a problem with a mailbox but unfortunately where it should say the mailbox name it's blank. i.e. "Event ID: 8231 Calendar agent failed to determine the primary calendar for mailbox: . " note the full stop and gap where the mailbox name is. then "Event ID: 1022 Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (BILBO)" - Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /O=AMT/OU=LondonExc/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=BILBO/cn=Mi...

Contacting \\<server name>\<local profile> for information Press
I currently use Office 2007 both at home and at work. When at work, Office performs just fine, but when I am at home I am constantly getting a message stating "Contacting \\<server name>\<local profile> (work network server name, local home profile) Press ESC to cancel" The message shows up mainly when I go to save a document (either a brand new document or one created previously), or when I go to change any of the settings in Word (I've not tried it with the other applications). I'm not sure if this is an issue with Office, or with my local profi...

How will the Footer div stick to bottom of screen?

Populate cell with Worksheet name
Is there a way to automatically populate a cell with the Worksheet ta name? Thank -- jimbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jimbob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2910 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48841 jimbob, try this, =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) file must be saved first You may also want to have a look here http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- Paul B Always backup your data befo...

Files opening with different file names
Good afternoon/morning. Having a strange issue with Excel at present. If a file is sitting on my desktop, called invoices.xls, I click on it to open, and it opens as invoices1 The same happens if I 'explore' to the file. However, if I open excel and then click 'file''open' then click on the file, it opens as invoices.xls. When trying to save invoices1 it will save as invoices1.xls, then if I open this it will open it as invoices11 I'm running Windows 2000 with Excel 2000. Any help/guesswork would be appreciated! It sounds like the default behavior when you ...