Full cell not printing

I have a cell with 1370 characters.  It shows all the text in the formula
bar, but when I print preview or print, only the first 1060 (I think)
characters are shown.

Is this a known limitation, and is there any way around it?

Thanks in advance
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The Excel help somewhere states a maximum of 32,767 characters per
cell but only 1,024 'visible'.

Solution perhaps: split your story over multiple cells by using Left, Mid
and
Right functions.

Frans

"Daniel Bonallack" <DanielBonallack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D3002EB3-1F91-4EA2-B965-A2887DE3C1D1@microsoft.com...
> I have a cell with 1370 characters.  It shows all the text in the formula
> bar, but when I print preview or print, only the first 1060 (I think)
> characters are shown.
>
> Is this a known limitation, and is there any way around it?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Daniel

0
fhvzelm (53)
1/13/2005 11:55:27 PM
Excel only puts about 1000 characters on one line. Use ALT + Enter to
create line breaks as you type and make sure the cell is formatted to
allow multiple lines.

Bill

"Daniel Bonallack" <DanielBonallack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D3002EB3-1F91-4EA2-B965-A2887DE3C1D1@microsoft.com...
I have a cell with 1370 characters.  It shows all the text in the
formula
bar, but when I print preview or print, only the first 1060 (I think)
characters are shown.

Is this a known limitation, and is there any way around it?

Thanks in advance
Daniel

0
bsharpe (111)

Change in Cell Value
Hi All, I have a excel sheet contains different values in following format: Col. A 0101 0101 10 0101 10 10 0101 10 20 0101 10 30 and so on. Results need in two separate formats in following manner: 1. Col. B 01.01 0101.10 010110.10 010110.20 010110.30 2. Col. C 0101 010110 01011010 01011020 01011030 How can I do this with a code? Thanks in advance. You'll have to...

Print multiple copies in Publisher
I am trying to print a program in Publisher. It is two-sided with a single fold (landscape). My Compaq A4000 (not duplex - I need to print one side, manually flip the paper and print the other side) printer allows me to select multiple copies, but only one prints. I have tried to print with collate checked and unchecked. I also tried printing multiple copies in Word and it worked fine. I have checked troubleshooting the printer and came up empty. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks... ...

SQL Error when printing checks
I get the following error message when trying to print a check (for a temp vendor) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'mlcChkLyt'. Can anyone suggest a soulution, before I have to bring in a consultant. Thanks Kevin Had same problem. There is a hot fix for this. Check out KB Article # 933035. Thanks. Girish "Rob" wrote: > I get the following error message when trying to print a check (for a temp > vendor) > > [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name > 'mlcChkLyt'. > > Can anyo...

account segment not printing on reports
Hello: A client of ours added an additional segment to his chart of accounts. It's a long story, but he used a tool to change the format of his chart of accounts to allow for an additional segment. Then, he told the system to use the main account for this last segment. Now, when he prints reports (trial balances I think), that last segment is not printing. It gets cut off. Any thoughts on how to combat this? Thanks! childofthe1980s Have the reports and forms dictionaries been synchronized with the new account framework? "childothe1980s" <childothe1980s@discuss...

crystal report printing problem
Help! I have a W2k CRM1.2 environment that I have created a custom quote report following Mr. yourshaws document. The report opens and displays correctly, but when I click the print button, it errors with "Information is needed before this report can be processed. I have found KB862881 which tells to have both the save server address and connect to local computer unchecked, but when I do and, I receive an error when the report tries to open. It looks if neither boxes are checked, it defaults to connect to local computer. To get the report to at least display, I have to check the save...

Insert cells 02-09-10
I hope I can explain this. My macro takes a record list that starts on A9 of one sheet and pastes it to another sheet. The record list goes from column A-H w/varying number of rows. I need the macro to copy the blank cells in columns I-N because I am pasting this above a separate record list that goes from column A-N. I thought by doing "Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select" twice it would always copy & insert the blank cells, but it doesn't work. When I run the macro it ignores the blank column I-N cells & the secondary record list becom...

Problem with Publisher to pdf after printing a booklet
I create many documents that are used in two ways, one is a print version and of course the second is electronic version. My print versions are typically 40+pages, and I print them in booklet format on 11X17 paper, double sided. My problem comes into play when I try and pdf my document, first I format to single page view and change the paper size so when viewed or printed I get a single sided 8.5X11 document, then when I choose save as pdf the pdf document still comes out as a booklet. I have tried what I think is everything from choosing print as a pdf, closing the document and trying ...

automatically updating cells in other files
An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. Is there anyway in which he can update the data by only keyboarding it into one file and have it automatically update the rest of files? Any help is appreciated. You can link cells by referencing them to a cell in another sheet or workbook. eg =[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1 -- Ian -- "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3TdK25vFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. > Is there anyway in which he can update the ...

update a date cell only when worksheet is edited
Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you This might help http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html Regards Rowan Joe Black wrote: > Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when > the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you ...

How do I count nonblank cells in rows within Excel?
I want to create a spreadsheet in Excel, inwhich entries are ticks or blanks. I then want to count the number of ticks in each row. How do I do this? The help function only describes counting columns, and I haven't found that these instructions work with rows. See if either the COUNTA or COUNTIF function gets you where you want to be. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "JoJo" wrote: > I want to create a spreadsheet in Excel, inwhich entries are ticks or blanks. > I then want to count the number of ticks in each row. How do I do this? The ...

pattern in half of the cell
Is it possible to color one (diagonal) half of an Excel sheet cell instead of the whole cell? thanks, roland Maybe you could add a triangle shape over the cell (from the Drawing toolbar), then shade that the way you want???? Roland wrote: > > Is it possible to color one (diagonal) half of an Excel sheet cell instead of > the whole cell? > thanks, roland -- Dave Peterson ...

How do I delete cell formats but not the content...
I am trying to copy data from Excel to use in Word and would love to get rid of the cells but not the data that is stored within the cells. What did you try? And what happened when you tried it? I usually select the range, edit|copy and Edit|paste into MSWord (using Office 2003 menus). On 05/17/2010 10:27, Penndaryl wrote: > I am trying to copy data from Excel to use in Word and would love to get rid > of the cells but not the data that is stored within the cells. ...

Macro to copy value in empty cells
I have a macro that insert a line every time the value in C changes. Now I want to add that it must put in the new row in A the text that is in C in the row just under this row. So This would be like a heading. Hope I am not too fuzzy. Esrei, Post your old code. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Esrei" <Esrei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF4BC70C-4635-417C-BD48-88CB07F0CAB6@microsoft.com... > I have a macro that insert a line every time the value in C changes. Now I > want to add that it must put in the new row in A the text that is in C in > the r...

what is mixed cell referencing
what is mixed cell referencing and what is the difference between mixed, absolute and relative? Yathin, Mixed cell referencing is when you have an absolute row and relative column reference, or vice-versa. This really comes into play when you copy a cell's formula. For instance, assume that the cell C1 has the formula =A1+B1. If you copy C1 to C2, you will get the formula =A2+B2. This is fully relative referencing. However, if you use an absolute reference, you fix that part of the formula. For example, in C1 use =A$1+B$1, copy that to C2 and you get the same formula, namely =A$1+B$1...

Resize Excel Cells
Is there a way to resize the height of Excel cells so that they fit tightly around data? I know how to select a range and use the cursor "hair" to change all the cells ot the same height. But i hate the idea of going to each cell just to make sure all the text is visible. Thanks! Not sure if this is any help but double clicking between the row and column headers resizes the row/column to fit the text. Matthew Its too many rows about 200 or so. I don't want to have to do it manually. Thanks Matthew! It does work!!! I have to wait until it turns into a double headed...

Format "only" dates withing text in a cell.
I want all dates to be come bold whenever they appear in a cell with other text, for example. Today is 04/12/03, tomorrow will be 05/12/03. 04/12/03 & 05/12/03 should appear in a cell as bold text. I know how to use conditional formatting, but not to pick out certain words/dates withing text. Hope this makes sense. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks Dathi Grimmur "dave" <dathi@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message news:11fe6d38.0312040739.780f2e47@posting.google.com... > I want all dates to be come bold whenever they appear in a cell with > other text, for examp...

Cell formulas that expire after a month
I have a spreadsheet that I'm using to track progress over the period of a year. One sheet is raw data that is manually entered daily and one sheet is monthly statistics based on that data. In the statistics worksheet are cell formulas calculating statistics relating to each month based on the raw data. If I change the data in March, I don't want January's or February's statistics to be changed. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, PaulH On Mar 7, 11:52=A0am, PaulH <paul.h...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that I'm using to track progress over the perio...

Bad visbility off a cell
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, i am new here. I have a question, when I click in a cell in an excelsheet then this is obscured. I mean the square of the cell is almost invisible. So if there is a lot of figures in this sheet you can not find back the cell where u was working. Has anyone a solution how to change in a better visibiliy? Thanks in advance. Thijs On 3/3/10 8:04 AM, Thijs@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Hi, i am new here. I have a question, when...

sum based on content of other cells
Cells A7:A49 have pull downs with 20 categories to pick from. Cells H7:H49 has the value in hours spent on that category. I would like to get the sum of hours based on each category, and put this value in another cell. Can someone please help me with this ? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You want to use the Sumif function. >-----Original Message----- >Cells A7:A49 have pull downs with 20 categories to pick from. >Cells H7:H49 has th...

Font enlarges when cell is linked to email
When I enter an email, the font enlarges from 8 to 10 and underlines itself. I can live with the auto underline if I must, but I need to find a way to prevent the change of font size. Are there any remedies? Thanks for your help. Michael In the AutoCorrect>Autoformat as you type turn off "internet and network path etc." I have never found a way to prevent the hyperlink from defaulting to 10 point font. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:09:52 -0700 (PDT), Michael Lanier <michaelrlanier@gmail.com> wrote: >When I enter an email, the font enlarges fro...

publisher print preview
I have Publisher 2003 edition. When I select 'print preview', the program opens a new window to show the preview, and there is a delay before it opens. On my last computer, the preview opened in the same window, in just a couple seconds--how do I make Publisher do this? Thanks. My Pub 2003 opens Print Previews in a separate window -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "PabS" <PabS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41DC5329-3800-4E4A-B0F9-940B70BA2236@microsoft.com... |I have Publisher 2003 edition. When I select '...

powerpoint prints bakwords/defaults to the right
Hello. I have a PP pptx presentation that is defaultign to the right and prints as handouts from last slide to first slide. When I turn bullets on, the bullets appear to the right of the text. When I view "NORMAL VIEW" the outline pane is to the right of the slide pane. THen when I go to print as handouts, the last slide comes out on top right and the first slide comes out at the bottom. I wish I could attach it! Pleaes help! Hi Steve Rindsberg and myself were mystified by this for a while when we first saw it but the answer is simple with hindsight! The p...

Need to Print Large Format w/out page breaks
Using Pub 2000 on WXP. Have 42" wide HP Designjet 5000. I can't set page size greater than 49" in length (height) without having it automatically tile it. I'm using roll feed, but it still tiles it. I get the full 42" width no problem. I even set up Custom Paper size to fit the publication. I tried ZoomSmart, no help. ANYTHING greater than 49" long gets tiled. Where does this number come from? Is there a maximum page size Publisher wants to deal with? I would think it'd be printer dependent. I've tried every setting and every paper size an...

AutoShapes not printing
Hi all, I haven't worked with Publisher before, and my boss is asking me to troubleshoot his. It's the 2003 version, running on a new HP system with Vista. As stated in the subject, AutoShapes don't seem to be printing. There's a line with fancy ends (changed begin- and end-style) at the top and bottom of each page, as well as boxes around photos, that just don't show up on paper even though they do in Print Preview. I tried changing the "Wrapping Style" of the lines under (right click) --> Format AutoShape --> Layout tab, to no avail. I also...

print a single postcard-not 2 or 4/page
I am attempting to print on a postcard 4.25x5.5" - I already have the postcards and they are single - not 2 or 4 on a page and can't figure out how to do it. flower lady <flower lady@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am attempting to print on a postcard 4.25x5.5" - I already have the > postcards and they are single - not 2 or 4 on a page and can't figure > out how to do it. File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper. Set your paper size there before setting your page size in the Layout tab of the Page Setup dialog. -- E...