Free MS Excel/Access Video Tutorials and Articles

Hey All,

There are a whole bunch of free articles and video tutorials at
http://www.davidbase.com.  There's no cost to sign up and there are
lots of articles and videos to check out.

Some of the topics are Access VBA, Excel, Database Design, Reporting,
Union Queries and more.

Some recent articles:

Access Parameter Queries
Union Queries
Excel VBA Random Numbers
Relationships and Joins
� and plenty more.

Sign up (it's free) right on the home page and see if it suits you.

Thanks,

AppTrix Staff
http://www.davidbase.com

Print an Excel document directly without starting Excel
Hello I like to print an Excel-sheet directly. The sheet is an phone-list, and has to be printed directly, so that bad- schooled users can use that button too. I guess that there are some parameters or so that send a document directly to the default printer. Straingely I can't find them anywhere. Greetings, Pieter Palsma Pieter If you find the file in Windows Explorer, for example, you can right-click on it and print it from there. This opens Excel, loads the workbook, prints it and then closes Excel. Andy "Pieter Palsma" <pieter.palsma@corusgroup.com> wrote in mes...

MS CRM on the web
Dear All, I have a client that want to use the MS CRM Knowledge base section on the Intranet and also on the internet. He wants that his clients access a section of the Knowledge base from the web and the employees access another section from the company intarnet. can i do that? How? Thanks. There are 2 problems with this: 1) There is no way to restrict access to a section of the knowledgebase. 2) This would require that your client purchase a license for each of the clients. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------...

Old Old MS Money
I have a client with an old Windows 98 SE system and some version of MS Money. Will Money 2007 migrate data files from previous versions that old? Thanks, Bill In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >I have a client with an old Windows 98 SE >system and some version of MS Money. >Will Money 2007 migrate data files from >previous versions that old? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us for discussion of how to do that. Thanks Cal. I'll proceed with the conversion once I determine what my client has. Maybe I'll luck out and find he's at 2004. Bill &qu...

Embed Excel Spreadsheet in Word ?
I have created a Gantt Chart with Excel. I would like to embed that spreadsheet in Word for a report. I have used "Paste Special" --> "MS Excel Object" However, there is 2 problems 1) Part of the Excel Spreadsheet is not shown in Word (Even though I have chosen A3 as paper size for the Word Document). Is there any way to include the whole spreadsheet ? 2) Is it possible to paste in such a way that the gridlines are shown ? (Like the one that I print with gridline shown) Your advice is sought. Peter It depends on the size of the data that you are pasting. If...

Convert text to number
Hi guys, I receive a workbook that contains unformatted text and need to wor with numbers. I have MS Excel 2000 and can not convert text to number Just do not know how. P.S. Select Range - Format to number does not work. Thanks a lot to everybody who has any advice. Irina -- Irin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Irina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26345 Hi what type of text does your range contain. Could you post an example? ...

want Know Excel deeply
Hi, I am prince, n i want to know some commend in excel EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic GetXmlReader Data Access Method http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4b9d6e1c-abe2-4f4d-9abd-b6ebb3575e5e/generic-getxmlreader-data.aspx Here's a few websites that you can work your way through: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.aspx http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.html http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/index.html http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm There are ...

Excel Spreadsheets Reformat Question
I have a disk full of Excel files; I suspect they were created by exporting from an accounting program to Excel to share the financial information with others. Each of these files needs to be PDFd and Bates stamped for production in a legal matter. The problem is this: every single one of these Excel files is not formatted to display all of the information - in order to get a readable page, the columns need to be reformatted to display all of the information contained in each of them, then saved. There are literally hundreds of these files; would there be an easier way of gett...

Macros in Excel
I am trying to automate two function for multiple users of a series of microsoft files. While running a macro to create a new file for archiving specific data, I would like the user to be able to assign a filename while running the macro that creates the file. Is this possible? If so, how? Second, for the above mentioned file I would like to create a macro the automatically launches the send to mail recipient function, but allows the user to select the recipients from a corporate mail list while running the macro. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Take a look at Appl...

Program trying to access address book
I am running Outlook 2002(XP) and there is a small window that is continuing to pop up on my screen asking me if I will allow access to my address book? It just started this about 3 weeks ago and I have run all of the McAfee virus protection sofware out there and cannot find out why it is happening. I am also running a Dell Axim 5 PDA and would like to know if there is a way to check the PDA for a virus. Please help! Jimmy It's probably your PDA sync software. If you use Chapura's PocketMirror (supplied with Palm's), go to www.chapura.com and get the required update for ...

Maintaining the size of the excel tables
I have been trying to insert tables from excel into my publisher file. I tried to insert them as an object and they didnt look good. I used pase sepcial and inserted them as enhanced pictures and other time as an excel sheet. However, no matter what I do I cant get these tables to look the same as they are in the excel sheet. They dont maintain the size and neither the look. Either the table looks too loose or the letters and numbers looks bigger than the orginal. Any tips or advices please ? Maybe the solution would be to create a table in Publisher, copy the cells in Excel, p...

After 10.1.5 update, word entoruage ok. Excel and Powerpoint crash
Hello All, Previously running Office v.x 10.1.3 and decided to download and install 10.1.4 and 10.1.5. Things seemed ok but then Excel and PowerPoint will unexpectedly quit after the splash screen and seeing the menu options. Word and Entourage work just fine. I've rebooted and also run First Aid to repair permissions. Still the same. I even reinstalled 10.1.5. Please help! This is driving me crazy! In article <_vubb.122055$mp.62781@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>, "Tech Guy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > Hello All, > > Previously running Office v.x 1...

Data Access Pages Data Source
I have several data access pages I created with tables as the source. The tables are in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express. I have since created queries and copied them into the database as a View. How do you change the data source from the linked tables to the Views? Thank you. it's not good idea to uase data access pages - they are not supported in latest Access versions. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "Arturo" wrote: > I have several data access pages I created with...

Excel Date
want to be able to have a cell auto fill the first time the sheet i saved so i have the creation date. Then if poss - never let them chang the cell so it keeps record of when the file was first created. Thanks - any help will get some free chocolate! ;-) Arie Astor Chocolate Corp. www.astorchocolate.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try some code in the workbook module ; e.g. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If Range("Sheet1!A1") = "" Then Range("Sheet1!A1") = Date End If End Sub Then set Sheet1...

# NEW CHALLENGE: HOW TO PRODUCE COMBINATIONS OF DIFFERENT RANDOM NUMBERS AND DO NOT FULLY single repeatable in Excel 2003?
# NEW CHALLENGE: HOW TO PRODUCE combinations of different random numbers AND DO NOT FULLY single repeatable in Excel 2003? Well I found a function that produces random numbers different each other. The only problem is that since they need to apply function repeatedly through a cycle of VBA macro (DO. ... LOOP) it (a function that returns random numbers different from each other) combinations can produce duplicate (eg 1,2,3,4,5) (, (7, 10, 11, 4), [1.2.3.4.5) ...<-- COMBINATION DUPLICATE!) And I would like to know how to do that is avoid this and produze randomly all the different possible ...

Excel Reference?
I get a tooltip telling me that: Name 'EXL' is not declared and EXL has a squiggle line under it. I went to Project > Add Reference > COM > Microsoft 10.0 Object Library and still get that tooltip popping up. Code below: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim WSheet As New Excel.Worksheet() WSheet = EXL.Workbooks.Open("C:\TEST.XLS").Worksheets.Item(1) EXL.Range("A2:E3").Select() Dim CData As Excel.Range CData = EXL.Selection ...

Updating SQL Queries in Excel
Hi, as a newbie I have created queries on several work sheets of a work book. Each one is saved with a different name. This is all working fine. However, when I want to update each query I have to log on individually to each one. I really wanted to log on to the database only once and then have all the queries run and update similtaniously and to avoid have to log on to each one. Can anyone help me with that? You need to create stored procedures. What database is it? HTH Bob "Laura" <lvlandmark@gmail.com> wrote in message news:03c96f3c-8b14-49ef-9ab8-0cf...

free / busy question
I am just wondering what the expected behaviour is when using outlook 2003 to schedule a meeting & viewing the "scheduling" tab,as far as the info that is displayed when I hover my mouse over an invitee's time block. If I hover over my own appointments, I see the details of the appointment (unless it's marked private - then I just see "private appointment". If I hover over an invitee's appointment, I do not see any details at all (no pop-up box). I am just trying to find out if this is normal behaviour, or should I be able to see details of other u...

Import or link a Label from Word to Access
How do I import or link a Label created in MS Off 2007 Word to a MS Off 2007 Access in order to to link it to a Table. My Label in Word contains more lines to the Label in Access. -- Roger You can't import the Word label. You will need to recreate the label in Access by using the label wizard. You will see it when you press New on the Report tab of the database window. "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DE7F240-F56C-4188-A754-A3C49AC10C5B@microsoft.com... > How do I import or link a Label created in MS Off 2007 Word to a MS Off &...

Free upgrade from office 204 to 2008
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I bought Microsoft office 2004 for mac on 12/21/07 and there was a promotion that I could upgrade this one to 2008 when this one was out. It is out already but I have not got my upgrade yet. I cal mac store and they told me that there is a upgrade download in windows web side but I do not find it. "dapol0525@officeformac.com" wrote: > I bought Microsoft office 2004 for mac on 12/21/07 and there was a promotion > that I could upgrade this one to 2008 when this one was out. It is out already > but I have not got my upg...

howtofix excel 2000 says invalid AddIn for valid excel97 AddIn
how do i repair/fix/load my excel 97 AddIn into excel 2000 e.g. upon load of MYEAD.xlaEx2000 says: c:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.....\AddIn\MYEAD.xla is an invalid AddIn TIA rob ...

MI5 Persecution: Toronto Freenet supports free speech (4359)
Despite an orchestrated campaign of attempted censorship by UK-resident newsgroup readers, TFN did not bow to demands for a suppression of freedom of speech. TFN general policy on the matter is as follows; Draft Policy on Account Deactivations due to News Group Postings ================================================================ News group postings occasionally take the form of a message which goes against the "topic" of the conference. For example, a derogatory message about Canadians in the soc.culture.canada. Members of such news groups then may send a message to the s...

Converting a 2003 Access Database to a 2007 Version
At my work, we have an Access database that was created in 2003 version. And now we have a new employee with Microsoft 2007 on her computer and she is unable to use the Access Program. I am guessing because it is an old version. Is there an easy way to either convert the database or do i need to do something else? Any advise is appreciated!! thanks She should be able to use the 2003 Access program. What happens when she tries? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Bonnie" wrote: >...

date problem--excel changing entry
I want date to show as 11/05/03 and not have to enter the / or a -. Have formatted cells to date and that but excel ix changing to a totally different date----7/19/06? You could use a macro that converts numeric entries to dates. Chip Pearson has shared his: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Or if you're consistent (leading 0's for days and months), you could format the column(s) as text, do your data entry and then use data|text to columns to convert them to real dates (choose mdy as the field type). D Blount wrote: > > I want date to show as 11/05/03 and...

Free Class to get and set Font Smoothing
#define FE_FONTSMOOTHINGSTANDARD 1 #define FE_FONTSMOOTHINGCLEARTYPE 2 #define SPI_GETFONTSMOOTHINGTYPE 0x200A #define SPI_SETFONTSMOOTHINGTYPE 0X200B #define SPI_GETFONTSMOOTHINGCONTRAST 0X200C #define SPI_SETFONTSMOOTHINGCONTRAST 0X200D class FontSmoothingType { private: BOOL FontSmoothingEnabled; UINT TypeOfFontSmoothing; void GetFontSmoothing(); void ResetFontSmoothing(); public: FontSmoothingType(){ GetFontSmoothing(); }; ~FontSmoothingType(){ ResetFontSmoothing(); }; void SetClearType(); void SetNoSmoothing(); }; void FontSmooth...

ms money not start after new year
anyone encounter the same problem with mine that, my money 2003 not start after the new year. it keeps popup the widows to ask me send the error to microsoft. of course i didn't. i tried upgrade to 2004 and the problem still happen so. i tried to run installation setup check inside money system folder, it said something CLSID_CallSummery not register .... anyone can help? thanks. In microsoft.public.money, belinck wrote: > >anyone encounter the same problem with mine that, my money 2003 not start >after the new year. it keeps popup the widows to ask me send the error to &...