Frank! - (Insert 'x' No. of Rows)

Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an example of how to insert 'x' no. of
rows into an excel doc.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Al
0
AlBlakie (6)

You could have waited more than 2 minutes to re-post. Frank is still
sleeping which is unusual but this will insert 3 rows at the active cell

Sub insert3rows()
ActiveCell.Resize(3, 1).EntireRow.Insert
End Sub
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Al-Blakie" <AlBlakie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an example of how to insert 'x' no.
of
> rows into an excel doc.
> Any help would be much appreciated.
> Al

0
Don
8/9/2004 12:59:18 PM
Sorry about re-post, my explorer crashed....should have waited.

Thanks for the example... works a treat.
Al

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> You could have waited more than 2 minutes to re-post. Frank is still
> sleeping which is unusual but this will insert 3 rows at the active cell
>
> Sub insert3rows()
> ActiveCell.Resize(3, 1).EntireRow.Insert
> End Sub
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "Al-Blakie" <AlBlakie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an example of how to insert 'x' no.
> of
> > rows into an excel doc.
> > Any help would be much appreciated.
> > Al

0
AlBlakie (6)
8/9/2004 1:30:08 PM
Hi Don
not sleeping but working :-)
for me it's 3:45 pm (and definetly too hot outside!)

Frank

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/9/2004 1:41:35 PM
glad to help

--
> Sorry about re-post, my explorer crashed....should have waited.
>
> Thanks for the example... works a treat.
> Al
>
> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
> > You could have waited more than 2 minutes to re-post. Frank is still
> > sleeping which is unusual but this will insert 3 rows at the active cell
> >
> > Sub insert3rows()
> > ActiveCell.Resize(3, 1).EntireRow.Insert
> > End Sub
> > --
> > Don Guillett
> > SalesAid Software
> > donaldb@281.com
> > "Al-Blakie" <AlBlakie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an example of how to insert 'x'
no.
> > of
> > > rows into an excel doc.
> > > Any help would be much appreciated.
> > > Al

0
Don
8/9/2004 1:54:09 PM
8:45 Am in Texas. Will only be 92F today.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
> Hi Don
> not sleeping but working :-)
> for me it's 3:45 pm (and definetly too hot outside!)
>
> Frank

0
Don

dynamically calculated row number
In my worksheet, I have nine rows that have formulas that refer to value in the tenth row. I would normally make that cell referenc absolute, however, I need to copy the formulas from those ten rows ove several hundred rows. I'd rather not have to edit the absolut reference over and over again. Is there any way to do dynamicall calculate the row number for a cell reference? For example, here's the formula in cell B10 (($D$3*$A10) + $A$19) an the formula in cell B11 (($D$3*$A11) + $A$19) and so on. But if I cop the formulas from B10 - B19 to B20 - B29, I want the fixed reference...

Insert from Table A to Table B with criteria
Hi, I need to create a schedule for teachers to proctor finals. I have 2 tables: Table A has the classrooms that need proctors and the times of the test. Table B has a list of teachers and the times that they work in the school. I need to write a program to fill Table A, using the teachers in Table B. But for each row in Table A, I need to check: 1) does the teacher work during the time period of the test, 2) are they already slated to proctor in a different room at that time. This isn't a difficult algorithm, I think. I just need to iterate through each row of Tab...

Outlook dies after installing QuickTime Active X
I updated Quicktime Active X on Window ME. I have not able to start the Outlook (came with Office 2000) ever since. Only the Splash screen comes up and then it hung up. I de-installed all Quicktime software. I de- installed Office and re-installed Office (several times). Everything else (Excel, words, Outlook Express)works fine, but the Outlook will not come up. Please help if you know of a solution. Thank you. ...

Login failed for user 'x', Error: 18456
hi I've installed sql server 2005 express on my winxp machine (sp3). And created a login and restored a database and created a database user based on that login. When I from my asp.net app tryes to connect I get a Login failed for user 'x' error. Also I get this error when login into the sql servre management studio, so the error isn't all about asp.net. Think this is related to the configuration of remote connections, I've enabled remote connections ("using both TCP/IP and named pipes") These services are running on my computer: Sql Server ...

Row headings on BOTH sides of spreadsheet
I know how to display row headings on the left side of a spreadsheet Is there a way to display row headings also on the right side Thank you for your assistance! No. You could, of course, enter a series of numbers in your rightmost column and shade the cells to match the left row heading. Or, as a real kluge, you could use Window/New Window to create a second window, aligning it with the first and use event macros to keep the rows synchronized (post back, or look in the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* ). Hiding the vertical scroll bar (Tools/Opti...

Pivot table sum of rows
In a table I have 2 columns with many rows of data. The data can be grouped to 4 types. I need to get the count of each type in the data space. I am unable to get the count for the two columns together in one pivot table. Please can you give any suggestions? Thanks and Regards, Sushma ...

X,Z,ZZ REPORT
Hi, ANy way to get a shorter form of x,z,zz report for RMS? Does Anyone know how to customise the z report? Regards kase Hi Mickie, I don't see any attachement as mentioned, where can I get one ? may be you can email me the report to kase4c@yahoo.com Thanks. kase "Mickie" wrote: > kase wrote: > > Hi, > > ANy way to get a shorter form of x,z,zz report for RMS? > > Does Anyone know how to customise the z report? > > > > Regards > > kase > > I attached my SHORT report. I only having IN/OUT and over/short. I > deleted all the ...

Sum formulas do NOT expand when rows added !
Is there a simple way to make a SUM formula expand to include a new row if the row is added as the first or last row of the SUM range? For years we have been frustrated that rows added to the extremes of a range included in a SUM formula are not automatically included in the range used in the formula. This is also true of many other functions. It seems logical to us, that if we select any row within a range, and insert a new row, the new row should be included in any formula addressing the original range. On the other hand, if we select a row contingent to, but outside a range, and a...

Last row query
I have several formulas that work correctly by referencing the data in a column as $A$100 as 100 is the last row with data in Column A. Is there a way that will work in any formulas of the above type, where I can replace $A$100 with some other expression that will access all the rows in Column A without me having to check for the last row number and changing the formula? Thanks Brian Tozer take a look at dynamic ranges: http://cpearson.com/excel/named.htm#Dynamic In article <cho6j9$5ij$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>, "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > I ...

Hid rows in a hidden sheet.
Hi, I would like to hide few rows in range name created in a hidded sheet. I'm using this code: Sheets("ABC").Range("XYZ").Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(5, 1)).EntireRow.Hidden = False This code work until the sheet ABC is Visible and Active. Is there a way to hide rows on a hidden sheet. I don't want to use: Sheets("ABC").Range("A1":"A5").EntireRow.Hidden = False Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. you have some references to unqualified ranges (cells(1,1) and cells(5,1) refer to the activesheet. You could use something like: with ...

combBox row limit Changed on me
I have a several combo boxes in my app doing various things. Over the last week, several behave differently. The users are calling saying that they can no longer find their entry. The ones that I have checked on have values being returned by either a stored proc, or the table they are bound to, but they don't return all of them any more. They did last week, so I don't think I hit the limit. What have I done that altered their behavior? Thanks, Steve ...

how can I generate a chart for each row of data in my spreadsheet.
Is it possible for automatic generation of charts for each row of data in a spreadsheet after establishing a template? Patrick, Did you ever get a reply to your post? I hve the same question and cannot find an answer. Li "Patrick" wrote: > Is it possible for automatic generation of charts for each row of data in a > spreadsheet after establishing a template? ...

Insert Text
A manager of a department wants to setup some canned responses for emails coming into a public folder. Her team would view the email and, based on the nature of the request, insert a predetermined response. She would also like to insert an Excel sheet. What would be the best way to do this? http://www.activewords.com/ -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, JohnR asked: | A manager of a department wants to setup s...

Date and Time on X-Axis, Measurement on Y?
I have collected performance monitor data in .csv format. I can't seem to get any chart to display the date AND time at the bottom and the percent utilization as the line (using a line graph). Time series does not include minutes/seconds, but I want to show how utilization varies across a day or so. Best I can get is utilization as the line and just the row number on the x-axis. Is my goal possible? Thanks for any info. Dave K. Dave - In a line chart, you can only get resolution as fine as the day. Excel stores date-time data as a whole number for the day (the number of day...

Can I insert a word document into a new excel file ?
I have a 117 page word document that I need to change to an excel document. Is there any way I can do this without re-doing the whole document ? If it's in tables, or if you can convert it to tables, you can easily copy and paste, though with 117 pages, you might want to do a quarter or half at a time. If it's a table, click inside it and hit Table-->Select-->Table, then copy. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Robyn78" <Robyn78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DFD5F61-5404-4FFB-BEDF-EC9756C55474@microsoft.com... > I h...

3 x 5 card format
I want to format a 3 x5 card in Word and be able to print 3 cards on each heavystock paper. And you are posting in a Publisher group for what reason? May I suggest you post your question in the proper group? I'm sure someone there can help you with whatever the issue. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57D82EF1-E3CB-4E6F-9BC5-1CC54E2D91DD@microsoft.com... >I want to format a 3 x5 card in Word and be able to print 3 cards on each > heavystock paper. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Fr...

locking/protecting rows?
Is there a way to lock or protect certain rows or columns withou protecting the whole sheet? Thanks for any help in advance! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rocks, You can unprotect all the other cells (Format - Cells - Protection - Locked), then protect the workbook (Tools - Protection - Protect worksheet. With Excel 2002 (and maybe 2000, but not XL 97), you have additional choices as to what the user can and can't do). -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "erocks5 >" <<erocks5.1b...

Tab control with a close (x) button at the end
Hi, This is in continuation of a previous post of mine in which I was looking for a way to have a close button in each tab. Since I haven't got any leads on that, I'm thinking of another approach which might be easier to implement. As in the Visual Studio .NET IDE, when multiple windows are opened, the close (x) button at the end of the tab control gets enabled. Clicking on it closes the active window. How can I do something similar? Are any samples of such tab controls available? TIA, SD ...

How to edit row height with conditional formatting?
I want to edit row height with conditional formatting. I have a query behind my spreadsheet and there are 3 types of products it returns (X, Y, Z). When it returns a Z product (product is a column heading), I want the row height to be much smaller than if it returns a X or Y product. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks. Cannot be done without code -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "CDAK" <CDAK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0422DA3A-B7F2-4F37-87BD-4D071A7F7C48@microsoft....

Listbox row source and record locking?
I'm setting up my first true multi user database and I have a question on record locking. If I set a list box row source type to "table/query" and specify a select query for it, does Access lock those records? In the past I have always used "value/list" and loaded the records with code but it would be much easier to use ""table/query" if it does not lock the records. In most cases, Access only locks an editable record. The select statements in list and combo boxes do not lock the table because you aren't editing those records. ...

How do I link data in Excel 2000 from a column to a row?
I am trying to paste link of data on a sheet organized in a column to another sheet organized in a row. It does not seem to work by just copying and pasting link. Any help? Rich When your ready to paste, Right Click in the new location and choose "Paste Special", Then click on "Transpose", then <OK>. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "rbenedict" <rbenedict@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Stacked column charts that cross the X Axis
Hello I need to show a stacked chart for the budgets of companies A, B, C & D. As you can see, I have both positive and negative numbers. My graph starts both the negative and positive data at zero. I'm not an expert at graphs so the simpler the better. A B C D Budget =A30.313 -=A31.179 -=A32.055 =A31.1 Thank you very much for your time. Valerie http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StackedColumnsAboveAndBelow.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "valerie&...

Datasheet Report rows are double height ?
All of a sudden my Datasheet report rows are two lines high... Text that doesn't fit in a column width wraps to the second line and is fully visible. Normally the text runs out of view on the 'same line' if it doesn't fit in the column width. The rows are not double height. How can I get back to my normal view ? Thanks for any help. Woops! Should have said Datasheet FORM... not report... and to fix it just right-click the upper left corner then click row height and click the "standard Height" box... that does it... it seems. "Will" <Will@so...

Column chart with both value x and y-axis
I was wondering if it is possible to define the x and y axes from two columns of data for a column chart. For example, I want the x-axis to be "Days Past Due" and the y-axis to be "Quantity" for a bar chart. When I try to do it now, it plots both sets of data as separate bar series and I want it similar to XY scatter but with colums instead. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions you may have. -- chris46521 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chris46521's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35909 ...

Custom publication size does not work for 72 x 36
I am trying to get my banner to print on my plotter at a paper size of 72" wide by 36" tall, but it geeps cutting the size to two 48" wide sheets. Following the instructions: File => Page Setup => Custom and input the dimensions, but it reverts back to banner. What's up? Check out the following KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288201/en-us -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "PaleoJoe" <PaleoJoe@discussions.microsoft.c...