Formulas within Cell References #2

I tried to do that but it will not work in the actual cell reference
I'm stumped.

humejap Wrote:
> Have you tried the formula
>
> =Concatenate("$J$",H1)
>

> --
> humejap
> humejap's Profile
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5506
> View this thread

jhockstr

I missed the original question, but whilst
=Concatenate("$J$",H1)
will join to give $J$ joined to the contents of H1 you might need
=Indirect("$J$"&H1)
if you want to pick up the value in the cell indicated by the concat
statement.

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

Hours and minutes within/outside interval
I have a spreadsheet with three columns, In colum A I have Start time in hours and minutes and in column B I have the End time in hours and minutes. In column C I calculate Spend time. This works perfectly OK. Now I need a fourthand fifth column. In this I need to calculate how much of my Spend time, lies with in the interval 06:00 to 17:00 (six AM to 5 PM). and how much lies outside Start time can be anywhere between 00:00 ands 23:59, and the same goes for End time. Examples Start time: End time: Spend time Within the interval ...

VB Macro #2

Reference Book
I'm a Win32 programmer, and I'm trying to get into some MFC. I've read a little about MFC, but the books lack a lot of quality and descriptive text about the structure of MFC. Can I ask whose book is the Charles Petzold of MFC? Thank you I haven't seen a bad MFC book in a long time, but then again, I haven't bought a new MFC book in many years. My presonal perference are the MFC books published by Wrox Press http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=1861000855&itm=31 You can't go wrong with the Microsoft Press ones either. Al...

VCR to DVD Part 2

Separating Date and Time in a cell

set print area #2

Help With Margin Formula

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Automatic changes in cells

Missing Reference
Argh! There was a missing reference, " Microsft DAO2.5/3.5 Compact ..." I unselected it and backed out - now, every date field is filled with today's date and several other fields have gone to the 'dark side'. The $ field shows $0.00 for everyone and another field is blank. I went back into the dialog box and I can't find that reference in the list to reselect it. Thank goodness I experimented using a copy, eh? >-----Original Message----- >Your references are probably messed up. >If any of the selected references have "MISSING:" in front ...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2