Formulas not calculating???

My excel is no longer calculating formulas, when referencing other cells.
How can I correct this?

Hi
maybe: Tools - Options - Calculate and enable automatic calculation

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
> My excel is no longer calculating formulas, when referencing other cells.
> How can I correct this?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

use displayed value in calculation
quick question - if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? michae What values are in cells A1 and B1? A small number, showing two decimal places, could display as 0.00 michael wrote: > quick question - > > if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then > need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell > =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? > > > > michae > -- ...

HELP WITH FORMULA #15
I have 3 columns. C -I=J These columns are continuous and I keep adding amounts to cells in column C and deducting amounts from I column and need to end up with a total in column J. Could someone please help me with a formula that will continually give me a total to column J as I enter information into column C and deducting from column I. -- Thank you in advance for your assistance HankL =SUM(J1:J100) Adjust range of cells to your need....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Hank Laskin" wrote: > I have 3 columns. > C -I=J > These columns are continuous and I ...

Using a formula to fill a field
I am ery new to Access and was wondering, is there anyway to make a field fill automaticaly with a formula? Like in excel for example if you have a fromula on a cell and the arguments change the cell changes. I have a table with a field of invoice amounts and then a table with account info, i want to know if there is a way for the account table (ie: Balance field) to update automaticaly when you add an invoice with that accountID. Access is a relational database. An Access table may look like a spreadsheet, but it is really just a "bucket o' data". No, you can't ad...

Formula needed 01-22-10
Hi I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! Krissy wrote: > Hi > I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and > for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the > same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Omit the "values to be summed". =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2...

VBA to select formula cells OK -but want certain cells with ColorI
Using XL 2003 & 97 The following subroutine works. That said, how can I fine formula cells with a "!" in the cell. (In short, probably a cell formula referring to another sheet) With the following code I would like all formula cells set to colorindex 6 (yellow) but all formula cells with "!" set to a color index of 3 (red) I tried to use an If statement but to no avail. Sub SelectFormulaColor() Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23).Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 .Pattern = xlSolid End With ActiveWindow.Dis...

Numeric content in one cell ( implicit formula ) and the result in another one
Hi, I made some search before, but too much information at the same time. So I post this question: In cell D2 , I have the following content : 10002/(14971213 - 37375) /1000000) In cell E2, I would like to have the result value of data in cell D2 : 669,754 I would not work with "left...len... search... right.." as the format ( then formula ) in cell D2 may change. Is there a function giving the computed result of a cell and put the result in another one? Best regards Pierre In cell E2, will the formula "=D2" do it for you? Or is that too simplistic and I don'...

Calculating Time Difference
Hi, I am trying to develop a query where my client wants to track how much time in minutes does a nurse spend in various activities (staff education, patient/family education, answering drug relation questions etc. etc.) to assist nurses in other units. What query type should I use? How do I write the query? There is a start time (when the nurse recieves the call) and completion time (when the nurse hangs up). Thanks Mrinalini <drmrinalini@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176645431.981118.294870@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to develop a query wher...

what tab for calculating percent and decimal?
I want to find the percent for each column. Which tab do I click to get the drop down choice for percent. I found it once and forgot to remember it. I also remember seeing the dropdown had decimal as well. I am just starting to explore using this for my grading system at school. Today is my first day exploring this site. try format>cells or right click>format>>>> -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BBF5660-5CD7-4756-9972-D980105...

Calculate meeting timings
Hi, I had one requirement. I want to calculate my total meetings time i spent througout the week, month or year. This will help how to manage my time between my work and meeting. Any solution to this??? ...

Calculating dates & creating reports
I need to design a database that will calculate due dates for evaluations. It will have 5 dates. 4 are calculated. These dates need to be on a form along with the employee's name and other vital info. The user should be able to enter that Start Date and have all the other dates calculate automatically. There are approximately 55 employees! The first date (Start Date) is entered by the user. Example: User enters Start Date: 2/01/07. #2 Next Date is 91 days from 2/1/07, which calculates to 5/03/07. #3 Six Month Date is 182 days from Start Date, which calculates to 8/02...

YTD calculation
I run spreadsheets with monthly columns for actual, budget, and variance. I have final YTD columns. I currently go in and add the latest month to get this total. It would be simpler if I could have a YTD cell with a value like 3 for March. If I then had text in column 1 it would sum 2,5 and 8 for actual, 3,6 and 9 for budget and 4,7 and 10 for variance. Changing just the YTD cell value to 4 for April would change this calculation. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks. Michael =MONTH(TODAY()) will return 11 for November or 4 for April -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Michael" <...

what does it mean -- in formulas
what does this -- sign do in formulas -- Nawaz5 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nawaz50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53714 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html for a detailed explanation. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Nawaz50" <Nawaz50.26yzbm_1146219908.114@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Nawaz50.26yzbm_1146219908.114@excelforum-nosp...

Formula For Monthly Date
Hello, I have a worksheet that has products listed that are on sale at different times of the year. My question is what formula to use to get all Jan products,codes,prices etc on to new worksheet, Feb on another worksheet etc. Thanks Mare Use Autofilter. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html -- Gary's Student "Mare" wrote: > Hello, > I have a worksheet that has products listed that are on sale at different > times of the year. My question is what formula to use to get all Jan > products,codes,prices etc on to new worksheet, Feb on another works...

formula question #7
Is there a formula that can change the color of cells if revenues drop three months in a row and if so what should the formula be? Hi, Assuming that your data is in row 1, columns A,B,C, with C being the latest data, Try using conditional formatting in cell C1 with the "Formula Is" =IF(AND(C1<B1,B1<A1),1,0) HTH >-----Original Message----- >Is there a formula that can change the color of cells if >revenues drop three months in a row and if so what should >the formula be? >. > Formula only needs =AND(D1<C1,C1<B1,B1<A1) you don't need t...

"IF" Formulae
I'm trying to create a formula causing one of three answers. The object being any one of 0, 1 or >1. I need 0 an >1 to answer "years" and 1 to answer "year". My efforts below. =IF(G8>1,"years","year")*IF(G8<1,"years") My problem is that I can't override the first false conclusion. Any suggestions? Seems to me that you really only have two options (1 or Not 1). Try this: =if(G8=1,"year","years") HTH, Elkar "Libby" wrote: > I'm trying to create a formula causing one of three ...

day of the week and date formula
Hello I am looking to write a formula that gives me the difference in hours between a logged date and time and a closed date and time eg -27/11/2009 09:23:26 and 30/11/2009 10:34:20. Once I have this I need to calculate the working hours used to resolve the issue. If the duration of the time includes a weekend, a saturday would equate to 4 hours working and a sunday would be 0 hours working time, a week day equates to 11.5 hours working. Any suggestions?? Thanks -- Sarah Hi, we need to know what hours during any day are considered working - ie, do all hours...

What formula to use?
I have a list of teams in column B. In a tab called Division I have 6 division names with the teams listed in their respective division. I want column C to enter the appropriate division name for the division the team is in. For example, I want column C to be labelled as AL EAST when column B has BOS in it. How do I do this? Thank you. =INDEX(Division!A:A,MATCH(B1,Division!B:B,0)) etc. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jambruins" <Jambruins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3100394C-BF57-470D-A218-BCA9C85D8D54@mi...

Excel VBA
Hi, Is there any way to freeze (prevent) a number of worksheets from recalculating when a VBA macro is running? I have a spreadsheet with about 10 worksheets, most of which are linked to each other in some way. One of my macros only needs to use the formulas (and related results) from about 7 of these, so the other 3 are updating all the time but since the results from these are not needed then they are slowing down my code. Is there some VBA function for temporarily disabling a worksheets calculation function? I would need my code to look something like this: Code: -------------------- ...

Percentage tax calculation 07-01-05
Hi all, i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see this features in crm. any suggestion? Thanks in advance, Joe On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:37:17 +0200, "Joe Fischietti" <joefischietti@removemelibero.it> wrote: >Hi all, >i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see >this features in crm. >any suggestion? We have an add in that will do this. It allows tax rates to be set by percentage on quotes, orders and invoices. The tax rate is set for each product with a configurable default and may be over...

Text and Formula in the Same Cell
Good Morning, Everyone - Here's what I'm trying to do: I have a cell that has text - "Vendo Name" - and I also want that cell to contain a formula (counta). I this possible? Thankx, C -- theboatdud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- theboatdude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27525 Here's an example: ="Vendor Name: "&COUNTA(B:B) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >Goo...

Help with copying formula
Hi I run Excel 2K I have typed the following formulas in three consecutive cells. =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z10:Z12)+BP10 =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z13:Z15)+BP11 =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z16:Z18)+BP12 You will note that the Z colum ranges take in 3 cells each time. The problem is that when I drag or copy these formulas down the column I dont get the reltive ranges that I need. That is the next one down should read =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z19:Z21)+BP13 However I get =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z17:Z19)+BP13 How can I write the formula so that when I drag it down it maintai...

Formula help #12
Hi All, I'm trying to create a formula but can't work it out. We've decided that were going to class each month from the 20th to the 21st, rather than the 1st of the 1st. So 21/05/05 to 20/06/05 (dd/mm/yy) will all be classed as May, and from 21/06/05 it will be classed as June. I have a list of dates and would like a formula in the column next to it that will work out what month were classing the date in and put the month in an MMM format .i.e May So (dd/mm/yy) (mm) 21/05/05 May 22/05/05 May 20/06/05 May 21/06/05 June 30/06/05 June 21/07/05 Aug I should be able t...

Logical formulas
I think I got this in the wrong Discussion group. I put it General Discussion before but I think it belongs here. Original Message below: I must admit. I am horrible at logical functions. I am trying to compose a formula that will return a value of "1" if number is greater than 1, less than 4, greater than 949, and less than 991. Here is what I have now but it is not working: =IF(AND(G7>0,G7<4,G7>949,G7<991),1,0) Any help would be awesome! -- -CRM Try this: =IF(OR(AND(G7>0,G7<4),AND(G7>949,G7<991)),1,0) Does that help? ------------------------...

Calculate the total overlapping time of multiple tasks, excluding non-working times
I am developing a tracking calculator for an overall process. Within the overall process, there are 3 steps which are completed. These steps can be completed independently from one another, but can also (sometimes) overlap. I am trying to determine the total time for the overall process (from beginning to end), without counting the duplicated times where the steps are running parallel to one another, or times when some steps may be completed and are waiting for another to start. I have outlined the basic design of the worksheet below, with times in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format. S...