Formulas in a paragraph???HELP!!!

How would the formulas go in the below paragraph?

This letter will confirm that Vision Financial Corp will accept  =c9 as full
payment of debt; you may take advantage of this special offer immediately by
contacting us at .  Once credit or check payment by phone is taken, processed
and applied to the account, the account will be considered settled in full.
=A9  will be released of any further financial liability converning repayment
of this account.

How many times are you going to ask this question? What is wrong with the

Regards,
Fred

"krissy" <krissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How would the formulas go in the below paragraph?
>
> This letter will confirm that Vision Financial Corp will accept  =c9 as
> full
> payment of debt; you may take advantage of this special offer immediately
> by
> contacting us at .  Once credit or check payment by phone is taken,
> processed
> and applied to the account, the account will be considered settled in
> full.
> =A9  will be released of any further financial liability converning
> repayment
> of this account.

0
Fred

Removing protections that prevent me from editing formulas.
I am trying to modify an Excel Workbook that I received from my company. When I try to change formulas in the workbook I get the following error: "The cell you are trying to type into contains a formula and should not be edited." The workbook prevents me from editing any of its formulas. I thought the problem might be that the workbook is protected, but it is not. Tom, somebody has probably protected a specific range of cells with a password: the whole Workbook itself does not have to be protected. "Tom" wrote: > I am trying to modify an Excel Workboo...

Count if formula with two variables
Hello, Am trying to figure out a formula in a cell to analyse data in tw columns. One column will have a referance and the frequency of th corresspomnding data in the other column need to be counted -- shrikan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shrikant's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=474 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=123405 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i attach an example. "shrikant" wrote: > > Hello, > > Am trying to figure out a formula in a cell to analyse dat...

need help using named range in chart
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with about 10 columns of data. The number of rows can vary but its ussually less than 20. I've got a set of 'index' fields that define which data is in which column and what range of rows I want to act on. Then I've defined some named ranges that vary based on the contents of the index fields. For example: Stats!TotalC==OFFSET(INDIRECT(stats!$O$3&FIXED(stats!$P$2,0,0)),0,0,stats! $Q$2-stats!$P$2+1,1) where O3 contains the column name, P2 is the first row, and P3 is the last row I want to consider. I've also defined them as follows: ...

How to hide "Help" button of a property sheet?
I implemented a wizard by using property sheet. I try to hide the "Help" button through the following code: CWnd btn = GetDlgItem(ID_HELP); btn.ShowWindow(FALSE); But it does not work. Could you help me? Thanks. Use: btn.ShowWindow( SW_HIDE ); HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ I've not used the wizard style of property sheets but I'll assume that a lot of the coding is similar, in which case :- 1) For each property page for which you don't want a functional help button, add the following in the page's constructor :- m_ps...

Find Next Row With No Value In It
I've got this nextrow = Cells.Find(what:="*", searchdirection:=xlPrevious, searchorder:=xlByRows).Row + 1 Cells(nextrow, 1).Select which will find nextrow with nothing in it and select cell in Col A, but now I've got formulas in the cells, so instead of finding the next row with nothing in it, I want to find the next row with no value - even if it's got a formula in it. Can I do this by amending what's in the what:="*" part of this code? It's always better to include all the parms for .find(). If you don't, then you're at ...

To copy a formula
How I can copy the formula T3-M3 into AA3 . The formula should be copied upto the end of the cell where the data ends from T3 cell. So please help to find out the lastrow from T3...Tn where data ends in that column With thanks and regards Pol I don't understand what it is that you are asking. Would you care to re-state your request with some sample data? -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "pol" <pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Help with query
if field1 is greater than zero and less than 1 than 1 otherwise 0 Whats the right way to write that expression? QASPEC, NewCalculatedField: IIF([Field1] > 0 and [Field1] < 1, 1, 0) HTH, Conan "Qaspec" <Qaspec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E8E2C7E-F5A6-417F-A2EF-1E832CBC0F1D@microsoft.com... > if field1 is greater than zero and less than 1 than 1 otherwise 0 > > Whats the right way to write that expression? > ...

Routing Engine not starting, please help ASAP
Exchange and Windows 2003 I cannot get the Exchange Routing engine to start up. Upon startup I get an event ID 7023 telling me that the path is not found. Everything else works and starts up just fine, people can open mailboxes, but cannot send/receive emails. I read online that it sounds like the metabase.bin file is corrupted. I uninstalled/reinstalled IIS, reinstalled Exchange 2003, and have reinstalled Exchange 2003 SP1, everything works except that I still cannot get the routing engine to kick back on. Any suggestions! Thanks! Was this an OEM preinstall? I recently bought a ser...

Help Microsoft Office 2003
After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply back. The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols. I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show on my keys. Help?! Thanks! Kim it's caused by character encoding. What email client and...

.pst folder help
How do I put a .pst folder in My Documents for constant up to date copying? Mine seems to be in a folder called Office Data File which I cannot open but do not see any pst file...can someone kindly help me out here? Thanks! Right click the pst in outlook and select properties and then click Advanced You will see the location of the file. Depending on your view settings it may be hidden. Close the pst, (right click it, close) Move the file to the location you desire. Open Outlook select File - Open - Outlook Data File Browse to the file and select it. OK Done Regards Mark Dormer &quo...

Hidden Formulas
I have been given an Excel file that has a hidden formula and I can't get it to display. I have tried the various options found on this site (select entire sheet & check format tab for hidden cells, did a search by formula for the cell that is changing, checked named ranges [not sure what to look for on these but didn't see anything unusual], checked VB code for hidden worksheets, etc.) but to no avail. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!!! Jani If the worksheet is protected and that cell is locked, then you won't be able to see the formula in that cell. If ...

Help With Macro
I have data all structured in the same way (same column headings) across multiple sheets within the same workbook. Is there an easy way to concatenate all of the data, without any empty rows, into one summary sheet in the workbook? Thanks in advance. Kevin What do you mean by concatenate in this context? Do you want the summary sheet to contain all of the not-empty rows of data from all of the other sheets? Or are you somehow wanting some kind of actual summary of the data on the others? If you do want all data from all other sheets, then the code below should help. ...

Shared files losing data! Help!
I have several excel 2000 files (they were originally created in excel 97) which are shared, by several users (5-8) and they all have permission to change the cells. The track changes is setup to keep history for 365 days. These files have been working fine since 2001. In the last few months, the users have reported missing data sporadically, and recently is occuring more often and now they are reporting that some times when they hit the save button, they see a worksheet disappeared. FACT 1: I have discovered that the users have never "accepted or rejected Changes" since t...

Help with macro to choose printer
Hi, I am new to macros in Excel and this is what I did to print a worksheet: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Range("A1:W35").Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$W$35" Selection.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Works great except that I want to select the printer to use and the macro won't stop at the point to choose printer. Any way to work around this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Emilio Emilio,this wil...

lock formula in excel
Is it possible to lock a formula in Excel so that it cannot be changed, but still allow the cell content to be changed? A cell can contain a formula or a value. If you type in that value, then you've lost the formula. Are you saying you want to let the user override the results of the formula, but not use a different formula? If yes, then how about an alternative: Use 3 cells (say A2, B2 and C2): Put your formula in A2 (with the label Default in A1) put the label Override in B1 Then use a formula in C2: =if(b2="",a2,b2) And put "Use this Value" in C1. Then lock ...

Help for all types of Macros
Hi, Is there any site where different macros are listed out in detail fo copying them. Such a site will be a great help for all like me who d not know how to make new macros -- mohitmahaja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mohitmahajan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=813 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26841 Hi mohitmahajan, The best and largest source is the microsoft.public.excel.programming newsgroup. Being new to macros, you might wish to first look at David McRi...

Form/Subform Coding
I have a form with a subform using both Master and Linked Child fields. I want to change the Linked Child Field based on a value in a checkbox (0 or -1). Any CODING ideas would be appreciated. "New Guy" wrote: > I have a form with a subform using both Master and Linked Child fields. I > want to change the Linked Child Field based on a value in a checkbox (0 or > -1). Any CODING ideas would be appreciated. Retrieve the checkbox value then the following code could be useful: Public Function displayVarform(strmainform, strSubformcontrol, strControlname, strChildF...

Help! Excel 2007, chart come out blank!
I just had the home and student 2007 installed few weeks ago... I went in that excel… I had the data in there then I need to have the chart set up. I clicked the one in design and it come out blank!! Anyone? Can you help me solve that plm? Your time with respond back will be very much appreciative. Thank you. -- Kira Updike ...

Help with an expression to calculate a profit from one of three fi
Using Access 2003 SP3 - in Forms I know I'm probably asking a very complex question, so a very big THANK YOU to whomever can help. I am doing a detailed inventory and need help with an expression in my form that will calculate my profit based on one of three fields. Only one field would have the end data. To clarify what I am working with: Most stock items come by the "unit" and contain multiple "subunits" which, in turn, contain smaller "pieces." However, some "units" only come with "subunits" and some only come as &quo...

Changing this formula?
=IF(L2<>"",IF(M2=0,"OKAY!",IF(M2<>0,"RE-VERITY (or M1 needs a value in it!)!!!","")),"") I'm stuck and am probably going 'round in loops, but I need to add one more condition. If L2 is blank, there needs to be no text. The other 2 conditions, if M2 = 0 and if M2 is not 0, work just fine, it's just L2 that needs fixing. Can someone help pls? Thank you!! :oD One way: =IF(L2="","",IF(M2=0,"OKAY","RE-VERIFY (or M1 needs a value in it)!!!")) Note that you don't n...

coping results not formulas
I want to make a macro that pulls a column from one wrkshhet to another. The data i want to copy is gotten from a formula f4/4 i just want to copy the results not the formula...how do i do that? thanks Barb Hi use 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Barb wrote: > I want to make a macro that pulls a column from one > wrkshhet to another. The data i want to copy is gotten > from a formula f4/4 i just want to copy the results not > the formula...how do i do that? > > thanks > Barb ...

formula to retrieve the count of a certain value over a range of cells
Need to do some simple stats, and thought it should be easier. Looking for a function to give me a count of all the cells that equal certain value in a certain range. ie.. Give me a count of the number of cells that equal the number 1 i the range a1:a25. Help -- trev ----------------------------------------------------------------------- trevc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1683 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32022 =countif(a1:a25,1 -- Gromi -----------------------------------------------------------...

formula to subtract from inventory total
Hello, I would like to set up a spreadsheet where I have a call with a total number of paqs that I have in inventory. I have a column called Units where I enter the units a customer orders. I would like to have excel subtract the number of units in the Units column from the cell where I have the total number of paqs. For instance, I have a cell that says I have 100 paqs in stock. Each time I sell a paq to a customer I add their name and the number of units sold Customer Units Date Name 1 02/10/10 Name 3 ...

how do you formula's but leave the value.
hi,how do you formula's but leave the value. if a1=1 and b1=2 and you have a code in c1 that says =a1+b1 c1 value would = 3 but how do you then delete the formula so that is stays as 3. i hope you understand what i mean. Hi Craig copy (don't cut) C1 and then click on C1 again and choose Edit / Paste Special now choose values and click Ok this should give you what you want Regards julie "craig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:386401c4013b$71f004b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > hi,how do you formula's but leave the value. > if a1=1 ...

Help with Lookup #2
I have an excel worksheet that has approximately 20,000+ records. I would like to classify these recorded based on two columns. The first column's name is "YB Description" and the other is "Sold Date". The YB column mainly contains 4 digit numerical values, with approximately 300-400 records that are text, ie. "classified", "not verified", "public use". The Sold Date column is pretty self-explanatory, all the records are dates with the following formatting - M/D/Y. What I would like to do is create a third column called YB/Sold that classi...