Formulas don't work in certain cells #2

nope, the cells are formatted as numbers.  I simply cannot figure thi
out.

-Jorda

--
kalik24
kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594

Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers.

Copy an empty cell formatted to General.

Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247
<kalik247.1f20dz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>nope, the cells are formatted as numbers.  I simply cannot figure this
>out.
>
>-Jordan

0
Gord
11/1/2004 7:51:11 PM
Kalik, check and see if your data is a "real" number like this
=ISNUMBER(A1), will return true or false
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003

"kalik247" <kalik247.1f20dz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> nope, the cells are formatted as numbers.  I simply cannot figure this
> out.
>
> -Jordan
>

> --
> kalik247
> kalik247's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15946
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274238

Highlighting cells #2
Excel 2007 sp1 with vista 32 business sp1 Background: When you highlight multiple non-contigious cells (i.e. hold the control key down and select several cells that are not connected) Excel highlights the selected cells in light blue. Problem: This light blue does not show at all on many projectors. In some case you can adjust the color temp and this helps. We do hundreds of presentation in North America each year and can not control what projection equipment we will be using. Requested solution: I would change the light blue background that is applied to selected cells to some other colo...

Store Operations crashes when viewing journal (F4) on register 2.
We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database is located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message just before closing: Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)': Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just something like the print to fax or MS Office Document...

if cell starts with characters formula
Hi I need to count cells in a column starting with certain characters. each cell's data varies in length. I have tried with @countif( but does not work if the cell contains other characters after the "prefix". eg. row 20 cell 5 apples row 21 cell 5 apples red row 22 cell 5 apples green row 23 cell 5 plums green row 23 cell 5 plums purple totals required for apples = 3 (regardless of colour) total required for plums = 2 (regardless of colour) @countif(C20:c30,"plums") gives answer of 1 require answer of 2 @countif(C20:c30,&quo...

Rewriting a formula...
I have a spreadsheet that calculates totals and has formulas in certain columns. Is is possible to have the formulas work, but not have any numbers in the cells before I input them? For example, in column D, I have the simple formula =D9+E9, and so on and so forth down to =D25+E25. I may only put itmes in until D11. So in D12 thru D25, I have $0.00. Can I rewrite this formula, possible an IF/THEN statement to add the two columns, but not show the $0.00 in D12 thru D25, since I did not have to do any addition? My main goal is to not have this info in D12 thru D25 print to make the sheet ...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

move cell contents

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

formula based on format

Grammar check not working

Custom Headings in Work Order and Sales Receipts
Where can I edit the headings of receipt formats so that when they are printed instead of "Work Order" in the right corner, I want it to say "Delivery Note" Instead of "Sales Receipt" I want it to say "Invoice" Also, how can I make a Work order print without each item taking up 3 lines... ie: I need it to print just like a quote or regular receipt, but be a work order? The receipts in RMS are saved as a .XML file. If you are somewhat familular with programming you will be able to navigate your way around the template and make some edits. typic...

Please ignore #2

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...

matching contents #2

This formula doesn't work: = day(today())
This formula doesn't work: = day(today()) Except from spreading one formula into 2, is it possible to make it workable in 1 formula? If so, how? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP ���H����O�D�`����. �p��������B, ���Ѫ̤��[�祿!! My ability is very limited. Hope you will not mind to enlighten me if I do wrongly. What doesn't work? For today (7 May 2004) =DAY(TODAY()) returns 7. In article <eYuAXhDNEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote: > This formula doesn't work: = day...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...