formulas changing when emailed

At work, I have created a spreadsheet that has links to workbooks in a
user drive..called the "U: drive."
When I transfer this excel project to others via email, I make sure
that the other workbooks also have the same name in their U: drive as
well.
However, whenever I email it... I have to change many of the formulas
at their computers bc the references in my formulas change to a really
long string.
I have tried using "CNTL+H" to replace the "=" to a "+" but it doesn't
work for me bc I have "+"  "=" elsewhere in my formulas.
Is there a better way to have my excel spreadsheet formulas remain
exactly the same even when I email it?

---

Hi

Use replace  "="   to  " =" (see the space before =)
Without quotes

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"pikapika13 >" <<pikapika13.18d2w0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:pikapika13.18d2w0@excelforum-nospam.com...
> At work, I have created a spreadsheet that has links to workbooks in a
> user drive..called the "U: drive."
> When I transfer this excel project to others via email, I make sure
> that the other workbooks also have the same name in their U: drive as
> well.
> However, whenever I email it... I have to change many of the formulas
> at their computers bc the references in my formulas change to a really
> long string.
> I have tried using "CNTL+H" to replace the "=" to a "+" but it doesn't
> work for me bc I have "+"  "=" elsewhere in my formulas.
> Is there a better way to have my excel spreadsheet formulas remain
> exactly the same even when I email it?
>

> ---

rondebruin (3790)
6/24/2004 3:47:05 PM
simple but genius!
Thanks! Works beautifull

Why do I keep getting repeated copies of the same incoming email
I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new separate emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at last count. Does anyone know why this is happening? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 04:41:03 -1000, tcav80 <tcav80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new > separate > emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at > last > count. Does anyone know why this is happening? Do you have rules set up that make copies? What anti-virus software ...

Email open underneath Outlook (2002) window
When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, but places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this new window to open on top of the Outlook window? see if updating your display drivers helps. "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:636AB801-7D0D-46C8-B6D9-3F891C25B8A8@microsoft.com... > When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, > but > places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this > new window to open on ...

CRM E-mail editor
Hello, When you are in a client record in CRM and click the 'Send E-Mail' button to send them an email, is there any way to get this to open in Outlook? My colleague has asked as there is no spell checker in the editor and his signature is not attached etc. Thanks, Katherine ...

Cannot send emails 03-10-10
Hello, I recently converted from using the standard webmail email platforms to windows mail. After countless hours of updating contacts, filing, and restless typing I proceed to construct my first email. Only to the suprise it cannot send it! My error message is as follows: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: Thank you again from Peyton Trent', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, P...

Draging Formula
hi Please Please help me!!!!! I have a formula that relates to different sheets and cells in a sumary sheet. what i want to do is drag the cells and instead of the cell reference increasing i want the sheet reference to increase i.e. =Sheet2!A2 draged to; =Sheet3!A2 =Sheet4!A2 et thank you Daniel Daniel Entered in row 2 of a column. =INDIRECT("Sheet" & (ROW()) & "!A2") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:56:07 -0800, "Daniel Morgan" <Daniel1morgan@aol.com> wrote: >hi > >Please Please help me!!!!!! >I have a formula ...

Help with formula please.
Hi, I have the following formula set up on a sheet called 'Wow' =IF(Wow!A1="90 / 63 reducer", Wow!B1) What I would like to add (in plain speak) is if on Wow sheet, cell A1 says 90 / 75 reducer, enter B1 into sheet 4 cell A4. At the end of the day, what im after is the following: If on Wow sheet, cell A1 says '90 / 75 reducer', enter Wow sheet B1 figure into sheet 4 cell A20, but if on Wow sheet, cell A1 says 'sleeve', enter B1 figure into sheet 4 cell A50, but if on Wow sheet, cell A1 says 'outlet', enter B1 figure into sheet 4 cell A100. I hope ...

1 email fill my queue!!!!
Hi, I'm testing a deployment of the CRM 1.2. I test the exchange filter to get email sent to support@company.com. This works fine... but... every 30minutes the same email is added to the queue again!!!! I have done 2 tests, and these 2 emails are copied every 30minutes... what's wrong??? thanks Jerome ok its corrected I have omit to check the "associated external account" option in the Exchange advanced options. "J�j�" <willgart_A_@hotmail_A_.com> wrote in message news:%23AviAQxgFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'm testing a...

setting up a second email account for one user.
Hello; I'm new to Exchange Server so I apologize for the newbie question. I need to set up an email address/account to send email to clients that is different than my myname@domain.com account. For example webadmin@domain.com that so I can send email to clients about general project updates. Outlook will only allow 1 exchange account per user, so how do I set up a second account so I can send email from that account rather than my regular myname@domain.com? One way of doing it: - Setup the second user as webadmin, so the user gets the email address webadmin@domain.com generate...

Email Template for Tasks and Phone Calls
I would like to have all activities on my Cases sent as email updates to the respective account contact. When a new task or phone call is made or attempted I want the case contact to be notified via email. Is this possible in 3.0?? I'm in the same boat as you. I want to know the same thing. In addition, I was hoping to have the same thing happen for opportunities. -- Sue "Jason Lang" wrote: > I would like to have all activities on my Cases sent as email updates to the > respective account contact. When a new task or phone call is made or > attempted I want the...

Restore Emails After Crash
My computer wouldn't start anymore so I re-installed the OS. Then Outlook 2003 didn't start anymore so I re-installed it, too. I can now start it (thought it has some problems) but it doesn't see my emails anymore. So how can I either: 1) Make Outlook see my email again 2) or make a backup of my emails without Outlook (to generate a pst file) and reload them after a complete new re-install. Where to the emails get stored anyways? Any help is greatly appreciated. Rob The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc ar...

Cannot change Gantt ownership to a user with Deny on New Project
Hi, Our system is Project Server 2007 with SP2. For a division with a PMO department – all project managers can edit Gantts and create new Gantts. We want to change it so that only project managers which are PMO members can create Gantts. The PMO members will create the Gantts, change ownership to the rest of the project managers, and the project managers will continue from there. The change is to deny the single permission of creating a new Gantt from the project managers, which are not PMO members. I don’t want to create two separate and almost identical project mangers ...

spam email-not spam
Some emails I receive are classified as spam, but they are not spam, sometimes it is from a friend. When I try to open the email, I can not read it, it seems to be all in codes. How can I change this spam to a friendly email? I am using:"Windows Live Mail." I would really appreciate your help. "Lost & Found" <LostFound@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99195C9C-700D-42AB-94E2-0664D675E849@microsoft.com... > Some emails I receive are classified as spam, but they are not spam, > sometimes it is from a friend. When I try to open t...

Problem sending large email
Hi, I have a customer who needs to send a large file in an email. Now I have changed the default limit to accomodate this mail and she still gets a NDR, so I tried no limit and still she gets an NDR. It is not the recipient causing the problem as she gets the same result if she tries to send it to another address which we know can receive large emails. The error she gets is ... This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again. Tacking the message show the ...

Change IP address of exchange server
Hi , Thought this would be an easy question to get an answer to, but had no luck with my searches... I need to change the ip address of my exchange server, but want to make sure that won't screw anything up... I thought that its ok to do that, but because the server is also a dc I want to make sure. Thanks for any help on this. Art -- Art Feel free to change the address. While possibly not required, I'd recommend rebooting afterward. Make sure that there are no hardcoded host files or WINS or DNS entries for the server. After the change, clients might not be able to connect fo...

Unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server)
Hi. I don't know whether this is possible or not, but I would like to set up an unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server) on a remote computer. Right now, I have to wait until both the remote users and I are available, log on the remote computer using GoToMyPC, and set up the email accounts. If there was a way to set this up so that Outlook email accounts would be configured automatically the first time the user logs on (or the first time they use Outlook), that would simplify things a bit. If anyone knows how (or if) this can be done and has an example of how to do...

Cant move .pst email folder on server
For some reason when I try to move my emails from the inbox to my .pst folder I receive this error...cant move items I dont have the approiate permissions. I have 75GB free space on server, the email size is is only one or two lines. This happend on another users laptop and I was able to fix by moving ..pst to desktop and back then rebooting. For some reason this does not work. I emptied delete box also. Ideas? "TKM" <TKM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B16DC7A4-61E3-4A3A-81C8-86B953E0507F@microsoft.com... > For some reason when I try to...

Some email recipients get corrupted or garbled attachments
G'day, I have a user in my office that sends emails with attachments from Outlook 2003 SP1. Most of his clients get the emails and can open the attachments (word, excel and pdf) without problems. About 10% of his clients receive the email but when they attempt to open the attachment, all the content is garbled text with a lot of page breaks, etc.. (like when you open a file using the wrong program). I checked his settings under Tools>Options>Mail Format> and he is composing his messages in HTML. Under 'Internet Format...' Outlook Rich Text options is set to 'convert ...

Slow Performance switching between Emails
I am using Outlook 2002 and running Nortin Antivirus. The same setup as my Dad. It take me 4 times longer to switch between Emails then it does for my dad. Any sugestions. What else is different between this computer and your Dad's? A lot more info is required in order for us to help. Jeff wrote: > I am using Outlook 2002 and running Nortin Antivirus. > The same setup as my Dad. It take me 4 times longer to > switch between Emails then it does for my dad. Any > sugestions. If you have instant messaging turned on in Outlook, either turn it off or set it to run in t...

email cell phone not going thru
We have used our contact list to email our members for a long time. We upgraded to Office XP, now when I send messages to my verizon cell @ vtext.com it doesn't go thru. It works from their web site. There is a setting or something in Outlook that will not allow the message to go. Can anyone help? What exactly happens when you try to send to this address? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Santa Fe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

how to disbale outbound emails on specific accounts
hello everyone, i need to block specifc accounts/users from sending outbound emails on different domains. can anyone help me on this? i'm using Exchange Server 2003. Best regards, Farooq Khan A combination of a SMTP connector and delivery restrictions should do the trick. On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:18:38 +0500, "Farooq Khan" <farooq.khan@pk.softechww.com> wrote: >hello everyone, >i need to block specifc accounts/users from sending outbound emails on >different domains. can anyone help me on this? i'm using Exchange Server >2003. > >Best regard...

Auto-Forward Rule Changes Sender to Me
I work part-time at a college that just upgraded to Exchange. With their old mail system, I set up a rule to auto-forward all my mail to my main POP account, which I monitor using Outlook. With Exchange, the auto-forwarding rule changes the sender to my email address. This means that when I hit reply, the response gets sent to me. This is not what I want. The school help desk people tell me that's the way it is and they can't do anything about it. This seems like such a common situation that someone would have developed a fix for it. If anyone is familiar with this situation, I ...

Email shows HTML code
I am getting some messages from two senders which are shown in HTML code. I tried to change my settings to RTF, pain text, etc. but still the same. Other messages I receive in HTML show fine but only from these two senders. Maybe to say that they both use Mac Mail. I am using Windows 7 and Outlook 2003. Any idea how I can fix this problem. Changing your formatting settings only applies to mails that you are composing and not to the ones that you are receiving. It sounds like your message got broken somehow. Assuming this has happened at your end; Do you have a virus scanne...

Change Permissions
I have changed some of the user roles and permissions in my Exchange 5.5 Administrator, however the permissions do not take effect until I stop and restart the Exchange services or reboot the machine. Does anyone know a solution for this? In the past this has not been a problem and the changes became immediate. Thanx From what you describe, I suspect you are falling foul of the 2 hour cached permissions issue. See the KB article link below. Note that the article only references the Primary NT Account - it applies to all permissions, though. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=179065 --...

How can I change word spacing in an entire document at once
here is what my word docs do.... They may be looking at the same thing, but they each h ave very different interests. Jenny is studying it closely. She is telling herself that her interest is academic, but that might n ot be the whole story here is what it should look like: thirty five years old with sandy hair that just might be starting to thin at the back and a waist that is just a bit thicker than he would like I want to fix the entire doc at once It looks like you're saying you want to replace one text with an entirely differen...

I can't open any Emailed "LINKS" in Outlook 2003
Can anyone help me please dvs2000@bellsouth.net Diamond Dave <dvs2000@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Can anyone help me please What symptoms do you see? What error messages do you get? -- Brian Tillman ...