I have a formula that derives the answer from a figure with a decimal.  I
don't want to use the figures after the decimal.  Is there a way to just use
the whole number and omit the numbers after the decimal without having to
manually key in all these numbers manually?

Thanks,
Mustang
0
Mustang (2)

You can use the INT function.  This 'rounds down' any number to th
nearest integer, e.g.  if A1=2.567, a formula in B2 of =INT(A1) return
2

HTH

Bruc

--
swatsp0

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46820

You are correct.  It is much easier to fix a formula and copy it than to
re-type piles of numbers.

Say you have 123.456 in A1 and your formula looks like

=A1+.......

replace A1 with FIXED(A1,0)  and copy it anywhre you want.
--
Gary''s Student

"Mustang" wrote:

> I have a formula that derives the answer from a figure with a decimal.  I
> don't want to use the figures after the decimal.  Is there a way to just use
> the whole number and omit the numbers after the decimal without having to
> manually key in all these numbers manually?
>
> Thanks,
> Mustang
0
GarysStudent (1572)
9/16/2005 3:02:04 PM
To change a number as it's being used in a formula:

A1 = 10.25
B1 = 10
=A1*B1
Returns - 102.5

Revise to:
=INT(A1)*B1
Returns - 100

To change the return of a formula:
=INT(A1*B1)
Returns - 102
--

HTH,

RD

HTH,

RD

"Mustang" <Mustang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have a formula that derives the answer from a figure with a decimal.  I
don't want to use the figures after the decimal.  Is there a way to just use
the whole number and omit the numbers after the decimal without having to
manually key in all these numbers manually?

Thanks,
Mustang

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
9/16/2005 3:02:04 PM
That worked!  Thanks!!!!!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> You are correct.  It is much easier to fix a formula and copy it than to
> re-type piles of numbers.
>
> Say you have 123.456 in A1 and your formula looks like
>
> =A1+.......
>
> replace A1 with FIXED(A1,0)  and copy it anywhre you want.
> --
> Gary''s Student
>

> "Mustang" wrote:
>
> > I have a formula that derives the answer from a figure with a decimal.  I
> > don't want to use the figures after the decimal.  Is there a way to just use
> > the whole number and omit the numbers after the decimal without having to
> > manually key in all these numbers manually?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mustang
0
Mustang (2)
9/16/2005 3:15:03 PM
You *are* aware, that the return of the FIXED() function is *text*, and
*not* a number.
--

Regards,

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Mustang" <Mustang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
That worked!  Thanks!!!!!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> You are correct.  It is much easier to fix a formula and copy it than to
> re-type piles of numbers.
>
> Say you have 123.456 in A1 and your formula looks like
>
> =A1+.......
>
> replace A1 with FIXED(A1,0)  and copy it anywhre you want.
> --
> Gary''s Student
>

> "Mustang" wrote:
>
> > I have a formula that derives the answer from a figure with a decimal.
> > don't want to use the figures after the decimal.  Is there a way to just
use
> > the whole number and omit the numbers after the decimal without having
> > manually key in all these numbers manually?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mustang

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

number rounding in MS Excel

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

Phone Number Filtering

Fractions Number format

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Rounding Numbers #3

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Need to add to current formula

Using INDIRECT within functions

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...

How to use count for calls per hour

Formula Problem?
I am using Excel 2000 with Windows XP. I am having a problem. I am on Sheet 2 of my workbook. I have SSN on a sheet named Employees in the same workbook. I need to take the numbers on the Employees Sheet and transfer it to the sheet 2. I know how to do this. It just won't work. This is a copy of my formula. =SUM(Employees!C3) This should take the SSN that is in the C3 cell on the employees sheet and place it at the cell where the formula is typed. When I put this formula in the cell I am getting just a "0". Please help. =Employees!C3 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...

formula auditing/macro
Can anyone give me the sytax to goto - special - precedents so I can create a macro so I can assign to a hotkey and dont have to go through 4 steps ? Thanks, Yosef With A1=1 and D2=2*A1, and D1 as active cell: I recorded a macro for these steps: Edit|GoTo->Special->Precedence And the macro contained just one line: Selection.DirectPrecedents.Select best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA544BDE-3717-4953-A5E3-06191BC28373@microsoft.com... > Can anyone...