Formula Too Long #2

I am not sure what you are talking about with creating a
name for the link.  Could you please define a little
more.  Thanks.

try creating a name for the link
>then =Joe*bill
>
>"Todd" <todd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is there anyway to expand the amount of characters that
>> formula will allow?  I am trying to link 14 different
>> spreadsheets to one and I keep getting the formula is
too
>> long error.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks in
>> advance.
0
todd8660 (10)

If you are simply adding cell A1 in all the sheets then you could use
the formula =SUM(FirstSheet:LastSheet!A1).

Is this any help?
Stuart

ING Direct #2
I am trying to set up an ING Direct account in Ms Money 2003 following the directions on the ING web site. After completing step 12 which is "make sure ING DIRECT is selected" in the Online setup window, click next. When I do this it prompts me for a username and password. This is not what the instructions say should happen. They say Money should connect to the internet and download information for ING DIRECT. If I try to enter my customer # and PIN as the user name and password it tells me the password must not contain any numeric characters. Upon close inspection, under the passwor...

Managed User #2
Testing to see if this setup allows me to be properly identified as a managed user. ...

Problems inserting pictures in Excel 2002 sp-2
When inserting a picture into a work sheet, nothing shows up but the outline/edit box. If you grab the box and move it on the sheet, the picture will appear. If you scroll up or down, the portion of the picture that goes off screen will not show up when you scroll back to the center of the screen. Grab and move it again and it shows up again.... HELP?????? My IT guy is lost on this one! It sounds more like a windows display problem to me. Do you have the zoom factor set to 100%? (It may help.) But maybe you could try closing other applications or changing the display settings. I use...

lock formulas
Is there a way to lock the formulas on a series of linked excel spreadsheets so the formulas can't accidentally be deleted? I have it set up so that 4 identical spreadsheets with 12 tabs feed into one other spreadsheet and want to lock all the formulas. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks! Dooma You can select which cells to lock and then enable worksheet protection. By default all cells on a sheet are locked when sheet protection is enabled. Hit CRTL + A(twice for 2003 users) to select all cells. Format>Cells>Protection. Uncheck "locked" and OK out. Now s...

Counting how many different names in a long list
I have a list of 332 names many of them are duplicated. I am looking for a formula or function that can count how many unique names there are in the list. Can anyone help? -- Quaisne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Quaisne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28052 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501357 This'll count the number of distinct values in a range: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A99<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A99,A1:A99&"")) (adjust the range to matc...

need help with formula #2
how to write a formula? if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply difference by 33 add together -- Kerri Where do I find the difference "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply > difference by 33 add together > -- > Kerri See Help for "IF worksheet function" I can't be more specific without a better description of the alternative calculations. Jerry "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell ...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

Click on link problems #2
When I click on a url link in email---a box opens saying "Open Link Browser". And also a browser window. How do I get rid of the smaller link browser? Read your reply on your post of the 17th? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Robin" <robinhood2@juno.com> wrote in message news:atmnk0pgs4m272iunkegt0rvq4ssjqisig@4ax.com... > When I click on a url link in email---a box opens saying "Open Link > Browser". A...

Formula Help 02-02-10
How do I enter a formula to look at a number and based on calculation round up or down to nearest hundreth? For example 421 would round down to 400 while 573 would round up to 600. try =round(a1,-2) where A1 has the number you want to round to the 100's "Jackie Morin" wrote: > How do I enter a formula to look at a number and based on calculation round > up or down to nearest hundreth? For example 421 would round down to 400 while > 573 would round up to 600. You could look up ROUND in Excel help. Try =ROUND(A2,-2) -- David Biddulph Jackie Morin wr...

Inserting rows into sheet that contains a formula
I have a typical financial sheet where the columns sum (sum(a5:a15)) and the rows sum (sum(a5:h5)). The summation columns are locked and the sheet protected. Is there a technique whereby I can have the user insert a row which will keep the formats and row sum as well as changing the formula in the column sums? Thanks. Rick Hi Rick, The following method is not foolproof but generally it works OK. Insert a blank row between the bottom of data to be summed and the row with the sum formulas. Include the blank row in the sum formula. Protect the blank row along with the formulas and what...

Socket relared problem (getting free port number dynamically) #2
Hi all, i have one problem related to thread. i am having my main thread running which will on some event create a thread for validation purpose and then will start working. and now this validator thread will create a socket and it will bind to port 20111. and then will wait for client to connect. but before waiting for client to connect it will send a message to the main thread that validation is done. but in this way i need to stick with port 20111.which i really don't want. Is it possible for me to get a free port from operating system or from winsock library and then i should bind t...

graphic deleting #2
I have made myself a simple macro that copy a cell and paste it 50 cells below. It work fine with text and numbers but I have tried it with graphic recently and strangly enough it is adding a other graphic the same as the first one each time it copies. I have discover that because when I tried to correct my graphic and want to erase the others there was one more graphic to erase each cell down below, very long process and I would like to know why it is doing that and if there is a command to erase all the selected cells contents all at once like the text contents. Thank you very much Show th...

How long does it take?
How long does it take before my thread appears? I posted something Yeesterday but I can't see it. Have I done something wrong? hi i doubt you did anything wrong. the MS interface to discussions groups was having problems going back to the 9th. i would guess if you scroll down to yesterdays date, you might find it.....key word....'might'. sometimes when MS is having these problems, posts "dissapear" as some have reported. Regards FSt1 "Under Pressure" wrote: > How long does it take before my thread appears? > > I posted someth...

Formula Help
I have first names in one column and last names in a second column and I need to combine them in one column for an import. The formula I usually use is =A1&" "&B1 but for some reason it doesn't want to work for this spreadsheet. It's Office 2007 and I've saved the file as a regular worksheet. Any ideas? Never mind, it's just something with this particular spreadsheet. I copied and pasted the columns into a new one and it worked. "Brittany" wrote: > I have first names in one column and last names in a second column and I need >...

How to succesfully sort column of formulas?
I am trying to sort a column of formulas that consist of cel references. Example: Column: Cell 1 holds: =D10 Cell 2 holds: =D11 Cell 3 holds: =D12 Data: D10=1 D11=2 D12=3 When I try to sort the column of formulas, the formulas change cel references to other cells and mess up the data. How can I sort a column of cells of which all of them contain formula and have the cells keep the references to the right place -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi- If you write your formulae with absolute references rather tha relative references, you can sort them. Formulae should look ...

Hide/Unhide #2
I have two questions regarding Excel 2007 hide features: 1. What caused my entire Excel worksheet to disappear from view? When I tried to reopen the file, Excel kept saying the file was already open, but I saw NOTHING. A colleague finally told me what he did to solve the problem, but in what situations will selecting Hide hide the entire worksheet? 2. I have a split in my worksheet and when I point to the double arrows, the pop-up message reads "Hide White Space." I have no idea what that means; how do I get rid of the split? Nothing in the Help feature assists me with my ques...

Tax withholding 2 states
We have a client that wishes to have correct state tax withholding for two states - for example, they have employees that work in IL and live in MA. The Massachusetts state income tax is 5.3% of wages. The difference between the residential rate of 5.3% and the actual Illinois state income tax needs to be withheld as an additional tax attached and remitted to Massachusetts. Thanks ...

AUTO NUMBERING #2
hi all,i have made an invoice template for my work.how can i get these invoices to sequentially number each time i use the invoice and save as iun the customers name?any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks wyn. -- WYN Hi one way (using the Windows registry for storing the last number). Put the following code in the workbook module (not in a standard module) of your template: - It changes cell A1 of the first sheet - you may change the key identifiert according to your needs (e.g. DEFAULTSTART, MYLOCATION, etc.) Private Sub Workbook_Open() Const DEFAULTSTART As Int...

Customization guide #2
Anyone out there want to give up a copy of the developers guide? My store is on a very tight budget, and has a hard time calling support everytime we want to see what can be done with RMS. If you want to email it anonymously, I won't say anything..... Thanks! Is there a developer's guide? Every time I called MS about development information all I get is routed to a salesperson or told we can put you in touch with "a partner" I even went thru the route of trying to become a partner in order to have more dev materials... No luck so far. "New RMS User" <N...

I can't install the 12.2.1 update on Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I guarantee a legitimate copy of Office 2008 for Mac is on my iMac. Any suggestions? On 9/30/09 3:43 PM, in article 59b7d9fc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kpainte1@officeformac.com" <kpainte1@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the > software required to install this update was n...

File format is not valid #2
Can anyone help me with this. I tried to open an existing file (which a number of people have access to) and it has come up with this error. Can it be fixed? Thanks heaps. Is it an xls file? "FB" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this. I tried to open an existing file (which a > number of people have access to) and it has come up with this error. > Can it be fixed? > Thanks heaps. Yes. And it worked just fine a week ago prior to someone doing something to the file. "exceluserforeman" wrote: > Is it an xls file? > > "FB" wrote: >...

How do I save a worsheet from Excel 2002, for a user with Excel 2.
I know to use save as, I just don't know which one to save as. Hi excel 2000 will read version 2002 or 2003 files without any problems, so just a normal save should do it. BTW your question got trucated in the subject line, so it's a good idea to repeat the full question in the message body. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "vkirkman" <vkirkman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99074D3E-1F9D-4B17-A474-FE22A5E6C81C@microsoft.com... >I know to use save as, I just don't know which one to save as. ...

copy exact formulas
Is there a way to copy formulas EXACTLY as they appear, without the cell references moving around? I mean, if I have the following formula in cell A1: =5+A5+A6 I want to copy it to the cell C1, but I want it to be the exact formula =5+A5+A6, not to change the reference to the C column I know a way to do it is to go in the cell, select the formulas "text" and then paste it, but that doesnt work in case of multiple cells.. guillermo "Guillermo" <gmozavala@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eB5zIdsuEHA.1712@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy...

How 2 separate column of addresses into a colum of names and numb
Hi! I would like advice on how to separate the names and the numbers of an address written in one column into the name and the number in two separate columns. In otherwords "Kingstreet 23" must become "Kingstreet" and "23." Can anyone help with a function that can do this? Thanks in advance, Rochelle Hi Rochelle if all your names & numbers are similar to your example, then data / text to columns will probably work for you ensure that you have a couple of blank columns to the right of your current column (note, this process will split up your origin...