Formula to eliminate zeros

I have a column of values that is 200 rows tall.  The values are eithe
a five digit option number or a zero.  (I can change the formula tha
generates this column to put anything in place of the zeros of tha
helps)  I need to transfer those option numbers to Work Order in
concise list without 175 to 200 zeros.  I need to do this automaticall
with a formula when the data is imported so my purchasing dept. doe
not have to filter the numerous lists with each job with a drop dow
menu.  I could have all of the zeros on the bottom if I can get all o
the five digit option numbers to appear at the top of the list.  I kee
getting NUM errors when I use an =LARGE(range,ROW()) formula.  My lis
looks like the following example:
etc.

I am very greatfull for any help.

Ro

If the list is a constant length from run to run (always
200 rows), you could add a macro button that sorts the
list descending.
Just a thought.

values are either
>a five digit option number or a zero.  (I can change the
formula that
>generates this column to put anything in place of the
zeros of that
>helps)  I need to transfer those option numbers to Work
Order in a
>concise list without 175 to 200 zeros.  I need to do this
automatically
>with a formula when the data is imported so my purchasing
dept. does
>not have to filter the numerous lists with each job with
a drop down
>menu.  I could have all of the zeros on the bottom if I
can get all of
>the five digit option numbers to appear at the top of the
list.  I keep
>getting NUM errors when I use an =LARGE(range,ROW())
formula.  My list
>looks like the following example:
>0
>0
>45214
>0
>0
>0
>12685
>0
>0
>22355
>22356
>0
>0
>etc.
>
>I am very greatfull for any help.
>
>Rod
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/3/2004 2:06:30 PM
Actually, the list doesn't have to be a constant length as
long as it always starts in the same cell and is
continuous (no intervening blank rows)

0
anonymous (74722)

problem: formula appears as text
Hello...I'm stumped.... I am entering a simple formula: =RIGHT(A2,2) in a cell. The sheet has data on it but not a whole lot going on. I have tried formatting the cell itself, the column, and the entire sheet a number of ways...however, the formula appears in the cell as =RIGHT(A2,2)...as if were a text entry...it won't actually just turn into a formula and do it's thing. Thanks in advance for response.... -- couriced ------------------------------------------------------------------------ couriced's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

Text in formula?
What a pain in the neck to come back home after being away and not being able to access the newsgroups via my newsreader (http:// www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm). Anyway ... <g> I have this formula in cell A16: ="Don't take today: " &+A15+1 I got it from googling for text and formulas in same cell. I've tried formatting cell as general and text but nothing comes out right. The result in A16 should say: Don't take today: Tue.Sep.14.2010 but instead it says: Don't take today: 40435 Can anyone advise how to fix this? Thanks! :oD On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 ...

Eliminate rows in a worksheet
I need to do a comparison of 2000 records from 1 month to the next. I brought in each months 4 columns of financials. I created formulas to subtract 1 month from the next for all 4 columns. Now I only want to show the rows of records that have financial changes. Data>Filter>Autofilter? Or Advanced Filter? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:39:01 -0700, Deedle <Deedle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to do a comparison of 2000 records from 1 month to the next. I >brought in each months 4 columns of financials. I created ...

How can formulas be used to create another formula?
This is probaby very simple, but I really don't know a lot aout formulars. When I have created formulas to work out the percentage of each sales type that we have, I then need to use this % as a part of another formula, Ie Sales type A is 50% of our overall sales "=sum(B1/B3)*100", I am am then trying use this 50% to apportion our wages bill to a sales type. When I create another formula "=sum(B10/B13)*the cell reference of the formula I previously calculated" it is throwing out the incorrect answer. Can anyone give me a simple answer to a very simple question a...

problem with formula #2
I have one column with increasing standard time (hr:min:sec). I put a formula in the first cell of the first row of a second column to convert the same cell of the first column to a value of decimel based upon minutes. The result is correct in the first cell of the first line (row) where the the formula was placed in the second column, but when I copy the formula throughout the rows of the second column, the results shown are always the answer for the first line - even though when I klick on the cell the formula in the lower rows/cells shows it referring to the correct later time ...

Lotus 123 print, formula, format, ect
How can I get Excel to emulate Lotus 123 commands such as: print range, + - (formula) range, move information and calulatons. ...

How to apply a formula accross all the rows when the total rows are too much in no. ?
Hi, guyz i know you can drag the formula accross the rows in that column t have that formula in effect in every cell. but i have some data lik 5000 rows then how to get that formula accross each cell, its painfu holding the mouse and dragging the formula accross the rows. please advise thanks in advance sorab -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi after inserting this formula in the first row double click on the lower right corner of your cell selection -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > guyz i know you can drag the formula accross the rows in that col...

Does Excel support mixed formatting of a string in a formula cell, yet?
Excel is one of the most spectacular apps ever created. But one feature I really need is mixed formatting of a string whose cell is a formula. By mixed formatting I mean, you know, making selected (as opposed to all) character(s) of the string bold, italic, a different color, sub- or superscripted, etc. In Excel 2002 you cannot do that in a formula cell (right?). In edit mode, the user would, say, press F9 to display the calc'ed string, selectively format it as usual, then cancel edit. Excel would save the formatting as a separate mask. What could be easier? The user would ...

Formulas #43
I have a cell with a simple currency formula in it. I want to add a specific dollar amount to the formula result IF a single value from a group of 5 values appears in another cell. -- Thank you. John Q. Without more details, maybe something like: =A1+IF(OR(B1={"a","b","c","d","e"}),22,0) John Q wrote: > > I have a cell with a simple currency formula in it. I want to add a specific > dollar amount to the formula result IF a single value from a group of 5 > values appears in another cell. > -- > Thank you. John Q. -...

Syncronise zero values
I have seven columns of data to chart. Columns A & B have values aroun 500,000 to 600,000 and I wish to show them against the right hand axe as a line chart. The remaining columns have values from -50,000 t +200,000 and I wish to show them against the left hand axes as colum chart. Is it possible to get their zero values on the same level? Is this making sense to anyone? Thanks for any hel -- Brisbane Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2509 View this thread...

Losing last zero while formating numbers to text
Ok, the situation is following .. i have text in csv format(comm delimited) ... (for example in cell A1 I have following text string 1.3456,1.5467,1.3559), and i need to change some number values include in this text. I extracted these numbers from text with mid() function converted to numbers format, and then made my changes. Now number look like 1.345(A1 cell), 1.5461(A2), 1.3553(A3).Then I need to conver these numbers back to the text and merge them in one text string an save as CSV FORMAT. The problem is when i try to convert for exampl number 1.345 to the text it converts like 1.345, bu...

Scorekeeping Formula
Does anyone have a formula set up scorekeeping in Excel for the game Rummikub. We have tournaments and want to use the computer to keep track of scores, with minus scores added to the winners' scores. Thanks DocT ...

need help with Index, Match and Countif in the same complicated formula
Hi, I have a spreadsheet Expense Journal designed for entering expenses in two currencies, one for Dollar and one for a local currency. It has two sections of rows, the top is for Dollar Expenses and uses no exchange figures because the spreadsheet converts everything to Dollars. This Dollar section has five columns: Date Project # Account # Description Dollar Amount In the blank spreadsheet that they start anew each quarter, there are only two rows setup for Dollar expenses because most of their expenses will be in Local currency. Below the Dollar secti...

in formula a range cell reference eg) $A1:$A20 that is static when filling
if i want a cell reference to not increment when filling i put a dollar sign in front of it i noticed this does not work when you specify a range of cells eg ) $A1:$A20 although it is not an error when i fill in a formula it still increments the cell reference in each row but if i specify a single cell it does not. does anyone know the syntax for this, it's hard to word so i havent been able to find anything on google. thanks for your help! cheers, /sh You mean like this: =SUM($A$1:$A$20) ? -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- P...

Formula for counting cells with value 'x' provided Col U = 'y'
Hi guys, Need some help with a formula please. Have tried myself and know that the answer is straightforward but going through a mental block! Col Q Col R A01 58 A01 62 P02 62 Both columns data starts in cell 14 and runs down to cell 10000. I need to count the entries in Column Q that = A01 ONLY IF Col R = 62. Then do the same for Q = A01 ONLY IF R = 58, and so on. The worksheet is a year-to-date file and will be updated weekly with many entries in both columns with varying values. Many thanks. Hi, =SUMPRODUCT((Q1:Q10000="A01")*(R1:R1000...

Formulas to run offline in 3.0?
Hi CRM Pros I have a prospective 3.0 customer. Basically they have a not too complex Excel sheet, that they would like to replace with CRM functionalty instead, in order to run it offline with automatic sync to the CRM server. I know that I can customize CRM 3.0 with extra fields on the oppertunity entity and with custom exchange rate and freight rate tables. But what are the possibilities in 3.0 of creating calculations to run automatically, e.g., tallying the sum of some of the custom fields, or for multiplying some of them together with the exhange rate from a separate table? These calcula...

Count formulas
I am trying to do a set of 3 counts between 1-100. Under 80 Between 80-90 and 90+. I have 2 formulas that are working and can't seem to figure the 3rd, could anyone help? 1st =COUNTIF(G4:K22,">89.99") 2nd =COUNTIF (G4:K22,"<79.99") It is the middle one that I am not able to figure out. count all -those two or =sumproduct((g4:k22>=80)*(f4:k22<90)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045801c3d85f$f193bdb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to do a set of...

How do I eliminate duplicate numbers in a column?
I have duplicate personnel numbers in a column. How do I quickly get rid of the duplicates? Hi Bea, You can hide them with a filter, Debra Dalgleish has pages on filters at http://www.contextures.com. Chip Pearson has some pages on dealing with duplicates, check his topic.htm index http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "bea" <bea@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Formula?
Hi, I have my data set up the following way - the columns refer to th month and the rows are the different projects I'm tracking. Projec "A" has data in months Jan-Oct (10 values), while Project "B" has dat in months Jan, March, July, August & Sept (5 values)-the missing month are blank. Is there a way get the average of the last 4 values fo each project? Maybe using a count function? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if your values are in A1:J1 use the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) =AVERAGE(OFFSET(J1,0,0,1,-...

formula #59
i am trying to do this:: =IF(J48<25,"",K48) just insert the info from I48 into K48 BUT =IF(J48>25) then add J48 info to I48 and place the total in K48. is this possible and how is it done =if(j48<25,"",if(j48>25,j48+i48)) -- y_not ------------------------------------------------------------------------ y_not's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19947 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394739 A formula can only enter values into the cell in which it resides, it cannot enter data int...

if and formula
hi i am trying to check if a time value is greater that 2am and smaller than 2.30 am if it is put 1:59:30 in the cell if it the time value is smaller or bigger put cel value into cell i am using the formula below =IF(AND(C73>="02:00:00",C73<="02:30:00"),"01:59:30",C73) i am checking the formula with 02:01:00 (should put 1:59:30 ) actuall puts 02:01:00 i am checking the formula with 01:01:29(should put 01:01:29) actuall puts 01:01:29 but i can't get it working correctly any ideas thanks kevin By enclosing those times within quotes you are conve...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Duplicate a chart with relative formulas
If I have several sheets, each with data for a particular year, how can I copy a chart from 1 year to all the others, making sure the data references are to the respective year? Duplicate the sheet that has the chart, then replace the data on the copied sheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 3/23/2010 9:29 PM, Bobhoe wrote: > If I have several sheets, each with data for a particular year, how can I > copy a chart from 1 year to all the others, making sure the data references > are to the respective year? ...

Dropdown choice eliminated from selections
I have a simple scenario... We have a list of 20 items and I'd like people to identify the top 10 to them. I created a dropdown but was wondering if I can make it so that when they used one of the rankings if it can be removed from the choices. Erinayn wrote: >I have a simple scenario... > >We have a list of 20 items and I'd like people to identify the top 10 to >them. I created a dropdown but was wondering if I can make it so that when >they used one of the rankings if it can be removed from the choices. Say you have two tables tblItems(ItemName) ...

IF Formula 01-13-10
I am trying to compare two cells to eachother and populate a third cell with the number that is the GREATER of the two. (IF f26 is greater than G34, populate m22 with value in f26; BUT if g34 is greater than f26, populate m22 with value in g34). Any suggestions? On Jan 13, 10:17=A0am, CrazyConfused <CrazyConfu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to compare two cells to eachother and populate a third cell w= ith > the number that is the GREATER of the two. =A0(IF f26 is greater than G34= , > populate m22 with value in f26; BUT if g34 is greater than...