Formula to count no. of months between 2 dates

What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates?

Thanks,
Melissa

Have a look at this site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx

--
Regards!
Stefi

„Melissa” ezt írta:

> What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates?
>
> Thanks,
> Melissa
=DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m")

On 23 Mar, 08:27, Melissa <Meli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates?
>
> Thanks,
> Melissa
0
Jarek
3/23/2010 7:50:24 AM
I forgot to mention I am using Excel 2000.
I used this formula: dateif(A3,A2,"m") and got a #NAME? result.
My dates are all in column A (in ascending order).

"Stefi" wrote:

> Have a look at this site:
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx
>
> --
> Regards!
> Stefi
>

> „Melissa” ezt írta:
>
> > What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Melissa
There is no function DATEIF, so that is why you got the #NAME? result.
Try DATEDIF.
--
David Biddulph

"Melissa" <Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I forgot to mention I am using Excel 2000.
> I used this formula: dateif(A3,A2,"m") and got a #NAME? result.
> My dates are all in column A (in ascending order).
>
> "Stefi" wrote:
>
>> Have a look at this site:
>>
>> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx
>>
>> --
>> Regards!
>> Stefi
>>

>> "Melissa" ezt �rta:
>>
>> > What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Melissa

0
David
3/23/2010 8:08:28 AM
Thanks!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> There is no function DATEIF, so that is why you got the #NAME? result.
> Try DATEDIF.
> --
> David Biddulph
>

> "Melissa" <Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I forgot to mention I am using Excel 2000.
> > I used this formula: dateif(A3,A2,"m") and got a #NAME? result.
> > My dates are all in column A (in ascending order).
> >
> > "Stefi" wrote:
> >
> >> Have a look at this site:
> >>
> >> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards!
> >> Stefi

> .

Sharing a Workbook #2
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I designed a finance matri for the company I work for so that the phone reps are able to decid whether or not an applicant qualifies for a credit card. The spreadsheet has a bunch of macros, drop down lists, and such. I is important that I track every 'set' of information that is keyed in. Right now, I have a button called "Submit" and it takes the info tha was keyed in, and stores it in another 'hidden' sheet in the workbook. I have 20 copies of the workbook, one for each employee. The proble arises when I need to make...

Running sum by contract nbr and Date
I have a table with the following fields: Contract_nbr Draw_date Draw_Amt What I'd like is to have a running sum of the Draw_Amt by Date for each contract_nbr. In other words I don't want the running sum to be cumulative for the entire table but start afresh with each new contract nbr. I've tried using Dsum, but I haven't had any luck. basically I'm trying to find a point in time when a contract reached an amount drawn. Any help would be appreciated! Any help would be appreciated. One approach might be to use a query to return the values, but use a report ba...

Pivot
Hi, I have a pivot with Sales information. The data has multiple columns by various product category. I have added a count column next to each product column representing the dollar amount. Is there a way in Pivot to get a calculated field of Total amount / Count for each product to arrive at Average value per deal. Excel does not allow me to use Calculated Item to get the average number. Any suggestion is welcome. Regards Sandip. If you are unable to create the formula in the pivot table, have yo considered placing it in a row next to the table? Just a thought... -- SHMUNC ---------...

Trendline values #2
I used the function "LOGEST" to get an exponential fit of a series of numbers, which gives me a value of 1.0610. I also used "RSQ" function to get the R-square, which is 0.9442. Then I made a chart based on the same series of numbers and add trendline to the curve. I selected "Exponential" under "Type" and checked "Display equation on chart" and "Display R-Squared value on chart". The value shown on the chart is "y=3928.8e^0.0592x" and "R^2=0.9104". I expected to see "y=3928.8e^0.0610x" and "R^...

Looking For Sales Projections Run-Off Formula
I regularly do sales run-offs where in I have an assumption of how many sales are made in a month (say 10 per month) and each customer subscribes to my services for another assumed figure (say 10 months). Currently, i do an array manually, like this, then sum the total sales for the month. Sales: Sum Sum Sum Month 1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Month 2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Month 3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I would like to be able to "play" with the assumptions (in this case 10 sales per month with each client subscribing for 10 months) and need a formula to fill in the arra...

Outlook 2003 email #2
i am new to the outlook software; currently beginning to use outlook 2003. i am receiving duplicate emails in my in-box; including all the emails i imported from my web based email, yahoo. how do i fix this problem? many thanks for any and every ones helpful guidance. happy new year, technot -- "the world will not solve it''s current problems with like-minded thinking." -Albert Einstein Not a techie here but I have had the same problem. I think that your Outlook profile is corrupt. You can create a new one and import the messages again from your backup. To create a ...

Counting occurences of codes in cells
I have a spreadsheet with various codes separated by periods, in a single cell. Like: C T C,R T,C,R R and so forth. It's easy to count the single codes but how do I cound the "C" when it's with another character? There must be a simple way, without writing code, to do this. Is there? Thanks! maybe... =countif(a1:a10,"*" & "c" & "*") or =countif(a1:a10,"*c*") or if x99 contained the letter c. =countif(a1:a10,"*" & x99 & "*") salgud wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet with various codes separa...

No date fields appear when exporting/importing CSV file?
Hello All, I need to convert some legacy emails from another system to a format that can be read by Outlook. The preferred format is CSV text, which we plan to import into Outlook. I noticed when playing with the export/import that the following seem to be the standard fields that get exported into an Outlook generated CSV file: "Subject", "Body (text)", "From: (Name)", "From: (Address)", "From: (Type)", "To:(Name)", "To: (Address)", "To: (Type)", "CC: (Name)", "CC: (Address)", "CC: (...

MS Money 2003 #2
I am trying to load MS Money on my PC running Win 2000. All I get is a menu bar that is minimized in the bottom of my screen. Nothing else. I have close virus check and zonealarm, but I can't get the software to install. ...

2 year Lifespan?---
I understand that MSMoney has some sort of built in lifespan of 2 years. What stops working after this date? Do I just buy the next version or is there a way round this? It is mainly the stuff related to online working which stops working, ie quote downloads and bank imports. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email r...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

qry for dates in 1st 2nd 3rd and forth quarters of current year!
Hello i am looking to write a query which returns values for the current year only! DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i dont need! any ideas please!!! thanks in advance hi, smason wrote: > DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) > is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i > dont need! any ideas please!!! You need to filter for the current year, e.g. SELECT DatePart("q",[Start Date]) FROM [yourT...

XML TreeNode.Parent property when using 2.0 TreeView?
How do I get a TreeNode.Parent property when using the 2.0 TreeView control? When the data source is an XML file there may be redundant names in the tree. For example, when a child node with the value of 'name' is selected I don't have a clue how to get the name of its parent which may be 'person' or 'school.' <%= Clinton Gallagher "clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> wrote in message news:%23erL6WOXFHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I get a TreeNode.Parent property when using the 2.0 TreeView > control? &...

CRM 1.2 unable to add users in OU but domain root OK.
Hello. I am having trouble adding users to CRM 1.2. If I try to add a CRM user from an OU in the domain with deployment manager or the web GUI it fails. If I add a user to CRM from the root of the domain the user is added fine to CRM. In our test environment I was able to add users to CRM that are in OU's in a test domain without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks!! Mike ...

Adding on to a formula across rows and columns
I need to add a second section of a formula onto an existing formul across rows and columns. The problems are: -Not all cells currently contain formulas (some are blank) -Not all the formulas are the same (there are at least 2 different formulas among all the existing formulas that I want to add that secon formula or section to)...and the different formulas are somewha interspersed. -Some of the existing formulas contain relative references (I want t change them to absolute references) -If I use relative references to somehow copy a portion of a formul across all remaining rows and columns,...

COUNTIF query #2
Hey all Hopefully a nice easy one.... We have a logging system, and the spreadsheet basically has the person name doing a call, what the call is and how long it took. This is use all day so loads of calls get logged by various people. Say column A is Persons name and Column B is time spent. I need calulation that checks how much time 'person 1', 'person 2', 'person 3 etc has spent on calls during the day and add's it all up. Please can someone show me how to do this, i have tried a COUNTIF bu cant quite get it to work. Many thanks in advance. Darren (digital_life...

Formula to return a formula

Align Line Charts By Milestone Dates?
I'm a chart neophyte. I have a worksheet with multiple line charts, each line depicting total hours per month per project. I would like to align the lines to a common milestone, like "start of detailed design". Each project of course has a different date for this milestone. Other than knowing that somewhere I'll have to specify the dates of the milestone for each project, I have no idea of what to do. Any help/insight will be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Each data series has a column of dates and a column of percent complete values. I'll use columns A and B in...

Link Error #2
I was able to use CL.exe to compile and link .cpp or .c file in a command line. But all in a sudden, I can not do this any more, as I always got such an error message: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents' I didn't do complicated compiling. e.g. I even tested with the "hello word" thing. cl hello.c where hello.c is just this: #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("hello world!\n"); } But again, this LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents' happens too! It seems something wrong with the path that CL....

Restoring and backup of Business Portal 2.5 feature pack
how can i backup and restore my business portal site(2.5 feature pack). The objective is to move it to a different location. I have tried using stsadm.exe tool but it is not successfull. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Formula to find text and count it within an entire workbook
I have a workbook where there is nothing consistent or any named ranges. I need to make a summary sheet and count everytime I have the word cable in the entire workbook in column B. I have tried different variations of countif, lookups and find but have not come up with a combination that works. My restraint is that I can't have a macro for this workbook. I really need some help, example below. A B 1 Cable 2 FSR 3 FRK 4 Wind Meter 5 Laptop Thanks in advance, Carrie -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi, =COUNTIF($a$1:$H$5000,"*Cable*&q...

changing date range for budget
I need for an annual budget to be from September to September not for the calendar year. Is there any way to do this? I have money 2002. Thanks! Unfortunately, the Annual Budget report appears to only display information for the year selected. However, you can customize the Monthly Budget report to cover 9/1 to 8/30 and report summary information. It won't be broken down by month, however. Derrick "Shari" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49a801c3e43d$901d1970$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need for an annual budget to be from September to &g...

formulas when there may/may not be a value
What formula do you use when there may not be a value there? Like: ITEM QTY SOLD T0887 50 1 T0887 100 T0887 200 2 T0992 50 3 T0992 100 To get: # of sold items for each item? -- Nicki Taylor =SUMIF(A:A,"T0887",C:C) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "NTaylor" <NTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E22EEF1-44E5-4C5B-AFBD-B8053172702F@microsoft.com... > What formula do you use when there may not be a value there? Like: > > ITEM QTY SOLD > T0887 50...

Installing Money 2007 #2
I have Money 2003 on my computer and I just purchased Money 2007 Deluxe. Do I need to have the latest version and where can I find them so that i can use Money 2007. Everytime I try to install, I get a message telling me that I need the latest version or the Service Pack. Can someone tell me what I need to get this Deluxe installed. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, JMacon wrote: >I have Money 2003 on my computer and I just purchased Money 2007 Deluxe. Do >I need to have the latest version and where can I find them so that i can use >Money 2007. Everytime I try to inst...

Calendar Appointments #2
I enter a new appointment and nothing shows up on the screen. Anything I add to try to schedule anything doesnt show up.. just a blank calendar. This is Outlook 2003. Anyone have any ideas? ...