Formula Subtracting dates to come up with number of days

HELP - does anyone have a formula that I can use to put a
date in a colume to subtract it from a date in another
column for the purpose of determining the number of days
between the two dates?  Thank you

Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Katherine wrote:
> HELP - does anyone have a formula that I can use to put a
> date in a colume to subtract it from a date in another
> column for the purpose of determining the number of days
> between the two dates?  Thank you
0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/16/2004 1:51:15 PM
XL stores dates as integer offsets from a base date, so if your dates
are in A1 and B1 then

C1:     =B1 - A1

Format C1 as General or another number format.

In article <6e8101c48396$d68c52b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Katherine" <funny_face01@hotmail.com> wrote:

> HELP - does anyone have a formula that I can use to put a
> date in a colume to subtract it from a date in another
> column for the purpose of determining the number of days
> between the two dates?  Thank you
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
8/16/2004 1:53:58 PM
subtracting one cell from another.  go the the cell w/
your dates, click on format / cells / number tab /
general, then make sure you see a number.  This should be
the number of days since 01/01/01.
0
anonymous (74722)