Formula result shows as zero Excel 2003

Formula as shown =IF(C12<>"",+C11-C12,"") appears in D12.  This is the same
formula as rows above but rows above show correct result whereas D12 and
subsequent rows show only zero.

If I do an F2 and F9, the correct result shows in the Formula Editing bar so
formula is working correctly.  I have tried copying both formula and cell
formatting from previous rows which do display their result correctly but
still doesn't fix the problem.

Any assistance would be much appreciated
0
Serena (3)

Hi
maybe automatic calculation is disabled. Check 'Tools - Options -
Calculate'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Serena wrote:
> Formula as shown =IF(C12<>"",+C11-C12,"") appears in D12.  This is
> the same formula as rows above but rows above show correct result
> whereas D12 and subsequent rows show only zero.
>
> If I do an F2 and F9, the correct result shows in the Formula Editing
> bar so formula is working correctly.  I have tried copying both
> formula and cell formatting from previous rows which do display their
> result correctly but still doesn't fix the problem.
>
> Any assistance would be much appreciated

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/7/2004 9:26:17 PM
Hi!

You say it shows zero. But the formula is asking it to show a number o
a blank (""). Is it actually 0?

Al

--
Alf
AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478

No, calculation is set on, but it doesn't make any difference anyway, I can
manually calculate till I'm blue in the face and it doesn't make a difference.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> maybe automatic calculation is disabled. Check 'Tools - Options -
> Calculate'
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> Serena wrote:
> > Formula as shown =IF(C12<>"",+C11-C12,"") appears in D12.  This is
> > the same formula as rows above but rows above show correct result
> > whereas D12 and subsequent rows show only zero.
> >
> > If I do an F2 and F9, the correct result shows in the Formula Editing
> > bar so formula is working correctly.  I have tried copying both
> > formula and cell formatting from previous rows which do display their
> > result correctly but still doesn't fix the problem.
> >
> > Any assistance would be much appreciated

0
Serena (3)
11/8/2004 6:54:03 PM
Hi!

Sometimes a worksheet can be corrupted. Perhaps add another ne
worksheet: copy onto it the working rows: copy them down : paste in an
data piece by piece.

See if it hangs together or if a source of trouble shows itself. Plent
of precautionary backups!

Al

--
Alf
AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27608

This is happening on all my spreadsheets so not just corruption of a single
sheet.  I have one sheet which seemed to fix itself after I closed and
reopened it, another is fine for a certain number of rows and then is a
problem thereafter.  Another colleague thinks the problem is familiar but
can't remember what caused it or where they found the solution - thinks it's
a setting somewhere - wonder if it could be related to when I have deleted
rows in the spreadsheet at all ?

"AlfD" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sometimes a worksheet can be corrupted. Perhaps add another new
> worksheet: copy onto it the working rows: copy them down : paste in any
> data piece by piece.
>
> See if it hangs together or if a source of trouble shows itself. Plenty
> of precautionary backups!
>
> Alf
>

> --
> AlfD
> AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4785
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276083

0
Serena (3)

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

"View Image Slide Show"

Count If Formula #4

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

learning Excel #3

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

get a result of an sql into a field

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails