formula Problem #18

{=SUM(IF(Info!$J$13:$J$562=H53,Info!$T$13:$T$562,0))}  This is what I see in
the formula box. When I change the range to make the cell range longer ....
(change cell 562 to 1000) the formula either zeros out on me. Acctually, it
zeros out on me if I change the cell range at all. Not sure what is wrong??

Also, why is excel putting "{}" those symbols around my formula.

Thanks,
TS
0
willie (20)

Those squiqqly brackets ({}) are indicative of an array.  You should be
pressing Ctrl-Shift Enter when finished with your edits, this is why your
formula adjustments are not working.
--
http://HelpExcel.com
1-888-INGENIO

"Little Willie" wrote:

> {=SUM(IF(Info!$J$13:$J$562=H53,Info!$T$13:$T$562,0))}  This is what I see in
> the formula box. When I change the range to make the cell range longer ....
> (change cell 562 to 1000) the formula either zeros out on me. Acctually, it
> zeros out on me if I change the cell range at all. Not sure what is wrong??
>
> Also, why is excel putting "{}" those symbols around my formula.
>
> Thanks,
> TS
0
galimi (74)
8/16/2005 11:26:04 PM
Hi!

Use this instead and you won't have to worry about those { } braces:

=SUMIF(Info!$J$13:$J$562,H53,Info!$T$13:$T$562)

Biff

"Little Willie" <Little Willie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> {=SUM(IF(Info!$J$13:$J$562=H53,Info!$T$13:$T$562,0))}  This is what I see
> in
> the formula box. When I change the range to make the cell range longer
> (change cell 562 to 1000) the formula either zeros out on me. Acctually,
> it
> zeros out on me if I change the cell range at all. Not sure what is
> wrong??
>
> Also, why is excel putting "{}" those symbols around my formula.
>
> Thanks,
> TS

0
biffinpitt (3172)

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Offline folder problems #2

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

Problem with Database Wizard

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

Need to add to current formula

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

publisher #18
if you have a small business with several computers that are on a network, do you have to purchase a seperate copy of ms office for each computer in the same office? We need to know this because we need it on all the computers but can not afford to pay 2000.00 for software. thanks! Publisher doesn't like being used on a network. Have you tried contacting MS and asking about multi-seat licenses? Also, didn't you say you belong to an NPO? If so, you could ask if MS has a special rate. The worst that they will say is no. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "April"...

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...