Formula help #67

I want to drag the formula that exists in d3 (i.e. =d2/d130) to a column of
rows.   The problem is that by dragging the formula, it increments the d130
to d131, d132, etc.  How can I make the formula stop incrementing the second
variable?
0
sdmccabe (13)

$d$130

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"sdmccabe" <sdmccabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to drag the formula that exists in d3 (i.e. =d2/d130) to a column of
> rows.   The problem is that by dragging the formula, it increments the
> d130
> to d131, d132, etc.  How can I make the formula stop incrementing the
> second
> variable?

0
Don

Help getting SheetName into a cell
I need to refer to the sheet name in a formula and can't figure out how to do it. I can't find a Function which will do this. I did discover ActiveSheet.Name but I have been unsuccessful in getting it work in a function. Specifically I have sheets named "1.a" , "1.b" , "1.c" . . . "99.a" , "99.b" , "99.c" and need to get these names into cell C3 of each sheet. The sheets may not be in order and there may be missing sheets. Thanks in advance for any help. Omar Hi You could put somthing like this in a macro or attatch ...

Help with SQL Query 06-30-10
We have a distinct list of email addresses in alpha order and we need to transform it from a single column into a grid of three columns maintaining the alpha order. The list is contained in a temp table inside of our query. We then use the temp table list and perform case statement with a mod on the row_number in a select statement to columnze the data. However, the columnar data contains a null value in two of the three columns and we are needing to remove the nulls and have the actual values on each row in the output. Here is our current sql: CREATE TABLE #tmpTable ( Email_Add...

Formula In Crystal Reports
Hi All, I'm just starting to learn Crystal right now but it's all very new to me so I was just curious if anyone knows if you can do formulas in it. I'd like to take a custom CRM field called setup cost on a product and add all the values of this field up in a quote. Ie if there are 3 products all with seperate setup costs I want to add those together. Or will this have to be done a different way? Thanks all Tom Hi, Crystal supports both VB and Crystal Reports formulas. the help files are quite good regarding formulas, and the 9.2.2 CR with enhanced edition has an excel...

Excel Formula #6
Is there a way to set a formula to calculate how many rows above (COUNT) with no text or numbers in the column? try =COUNTBLANK(F3:F9) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "deniseS" <dstafiej@dykema.com> wrote in message news:150b101c3c3fa$68119950$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to set a formula to calculate how many rows > above (COUNT) with no text or numbers in the column? > =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"") -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "deniseS" <dstafiej@dykema.com> wrote in message news:15...

Messages not delivered to another Routing Group HELP NEEDED
I have three routing groups ( exchange in the 3 of them are Exch 2k sp3 ). Mail from one server ( in my headquarter routing group ) to another ( in one branch office routing group ) is getting stucked in MESSAGES WITH UNREACHABLE DESTINATION and not routed to that server. Connectors seems to be working just fine. After add my other exchange server from my headqurter group to the connector to be albe to send mail it shows the queue now in the connector but does not sends anything. Otherwise, mail from my branch office to my headquarter correctly sends mail. Any help would be gre...

Broken links don't show old data. Help!
I have a spreadsheet in an email attachment that no longer shows old data from broken links after upgrading to Office XP. The data is there, and displays while the "Update links" dialog box is up, but no matter what I choose the data then disappears into a sea of #REF when I dismiss the dialog box. How can I get the old data to show again? Thanks. -Mark ...

Need help with Combo Box?
I would appreciate any help with this. I currently have a form with two combo boxes and a subform. The first combo box lists counties and the second box lists doctors in selected county. After selecting county, doc the subform lists pts for this doc. All this works fine. However, I need to add a couple of more filters. I am stuck and would like to know how to do this. I don't want to mess up what I already have. How can I incorporate a couple more filters? I thought maybe adding an option box to the form????? Can someone please help me to accomplish this? Thank you. Sure...

Formula too long error...
Hello all. I have the following formula in a cell that works just fine. However, I need to add one more SUMIF statement but I get an error stating that the formula is too long. Is there an easy way around this - thank you. NWO =SUM(IF(GoodBoth!$F$2:$F10000="ME",IF(GoodBoth!$R$2:$R10000="E11",IF(GoodBoth!$Q$2:$Q$10000<=20011231,IF(GoodBoth!$S$2:$S$10000<>"110",IF(GoodBoth!$S$2:$S$10000<>"115",1,0))))))+SUM(IF(GoodBoth!$F$2:$F10000="ME",IF(GoodBoth!$R$2:$R10000="E12",IF(GoodBoth!$Q$2:$Q$10000<=20011231,IF(GoodBo...

Insert Row Under current row (with formulas/formatting)
I've got a sheet that gets appended to regularly but have to do a lot of fiddling to make sure the formatting is correct, calculated fields get added and chart series ranges collect all the data every time I add a new row. The insert (row) command seems to take care of all of this but it inserts the empty row above the current row. As I'm always appending data to the sheet, I would prefer this to be below the current row. I've tried adding a dummy row under all the data containing the formulas and formatting I need but unfortunately I get formula errors and it screws up my chart....

How do I stop 'template help' from opening in a worksheet?
When I open a workbook, I do not want to see 'Template Help.' 2003 version Help>Online Content. Uncheck "show template help when available" 2007 version.....no idea but willing to learn. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 29 May 2010 08:08:01 -0700, Goldenbarstewart <Goldenbarstewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I open a workbook, I do not want to see 'Template Help.' ...

Help making BINGO cards

Calculating Averages
Hi, I am using the newest version of Excel on Windows 7, and I need some help with a complex calculation. In cells A1-A100, I have dollar amounts ranging from $1-$1000. In cells B1-B100, I have percentages ranging from 0%-100%. I want to break out the cells in A1-A100 in several groups, like follows: $1-$99, $100-$199, $200-$299, and so on up to $1000. Then, I need to calculate the average percentage for jobs in those categories. So, for the category of $1-$99, lets say there are two cells with amounts in that range, A1 and A2. Their percentages in B1 and B2 are 40% and 6...

REALLY NEED HELP
Hi guys, i'm hoping someone could lend me a hand. I'm setting up an excel file to input our fees received from our customers sent to collections. I have a main page with all the customers names, and each name is a hyper link to that customers separate worksheet - where a running tab is kept. I have a button called "update" and i've assigned the following macro (also called UPDATE) move the info over to the respective customers worksheet. I'm trying to get a loop going. A# is the customers name (first name will be starting at A4. B# to F# (first transaction...

Formula #2
I am trying ot put in a formula. I have a two columns with Revenue listed. One is the Estimate, one is the actual. If there is not an amount in the Actual amount column, I added the cell that was in the Estimate cell. I color coded the cell because I am breakingit out by Sales Person. I have 3 Sales People. I went in and did the SUM and went into each cell that is colored coded to each person. I am getting an error. Please help. Thanks, Vanessa Not enough information to more than guess at what you might be doing wrong. How are you going into SUM? Are you clicking on the sum icon? ...

Formula question 03-03-10
I am trying to complete the following. In s141 i have a drop list with 'yes' and 'no' as possiblities. In x141 i have a drop list with 3 possible choices, .02 , .04 , or .08 g141 is the originating cell p159 is the answer cell. if s141 remains empty or has 'no' chosen from the drop list i need p159 to remain blank, however if 'yes' is in s141 then i need the answer from g141 multiplied by .02 or .04 or .08 (which ever one is chosen from the drop list in x141) to be displayed in p159. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Scoob...

Workbook there but not visible! Help!
I was working on some VBA code for an excel application I am writing. I switched between the VBE and the spreadsheet and all of a sudden my workbook is no longer visible! In the VBE project explorer window it shows my project and my code but in the excel window...no workbook! Nothing! Ran a test procedure calling IsAddin to see if somehow I accidentally clicked a button/box telling Excel to make this file an addin but it returned false. I did close the file and re-open it. Any ideas? Maybe it's just off the visible screen: Window|Arrange|tiled (and resize manually) or maybe y...

Help with "base unit" in chart axis
I have two charts. In one, when I go to "format axis" I can enter the min and max scale as dates and the entry remains as dates when I come back. I can also set the "base unit" a major and minor grid line in days, weeks, months, etc. The second chart, I do not have a base unit drop down box, and although I can enter dates in the max and min in date format and they work, when I come back the entries are in days since the start of time (38353 in 1/1/2005) And I cannot specify the units of major and minor grid lines, they are just units. Which makes it awkward for minor gi...

Formula involving different sheets
Hi Using Excel 2003. In sheet 1, cell A1: =200/1200 In sheet 2, cell B2: =300/1200 In sheet 3 in a cell, I want to do =200/1200 + 300/1200 by cell reference. How do I do so? Thanks. Your formula would be: =sheet1!a1+sheet2!b2 The best way to create these formulae is to get Excel to do it. 1: Type = into your cell 2: Navigate to your sheet1!a1 cell. You will notice in the formula bar that Excel is adding its address to your formula 3: Type + 4: Navigate to your sheet2!b2 cell. 5: Hit enter Once you learn this, you will never type a cell address again. Regar...

Please help....
I have a question regarding bank reconciliations that I am hoping someone can help me with. It concerns a USD bank account that I use. At the end of the month I prepare the bank reconciliation in GP. After completing the reconciliation I get a print-out called the "Reconciliation Posting Journal". This print-out provides me with the folowing: Bank Statement Balance Oustanding Cheques(-) Depoits in Transit(+) =Adjusted Bank Balance All of these amounts are in USD. Then I go to "Financial - Inquiry - Summary" and pull the summary balance for this GL ...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

Help! New to Publisher
What is the A...at the bottom of a page inside a small box? I am typing a newsletter. Shouldn't one page flow to the next like in Microsoft Office? If it is text overflow, I cannot retrieve. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. That indicates that there is more text inside that area that cannot be seen. If you stretch that text box down, you'll see the rest of your text. To make it flow from one box to another, you need to set it up for that. (I will admit that I break mine manually because I've never taken the time to learn how to do it correctly.) -- The problem with ...

Please help Password Trouble
I am using outlook 2000 on a DSL line on XP Home. I have chosen to not save my password, and the problem that I am having is that everytime I go to check my mail it makes me type in my password. There must be a way (like in express) that allows you to just type in your password the first time you log into outlook and keeps you logged in until you decide to log out?? Thanks for your help!!!! -- Virtualliance, Inc. Mark Needham 7 Kimball Lane Bldg A Lynnfield, Ma 01940 T 001-781-224-4700 F 001-781-224-2414 C 001-617-799-4597 www.virtuallianceinc.com mneedham@virtuallianceinc.com im: vaincmar...

Help! Lost all email from inbox
Hi, hoping someone can advise me. Somehow my fingers fumbled when reaching for mouse to open an email and every email in my inbox disappeared. I have outlook 2000 and do have it set to automatically delete when i highlight and press delete key. But in this case, i didnt highlight anything and must have hit some combination of keys and poof - over 100 emails from inbox disappeared. They are not in deleted items folder and many were not even opened yet. tia kate <kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, hoping someone can advise me. Somehow my fingers fumbled when >...

Outlook 2002 backup question...please help!
Hi all, I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I cannot get into outlook (2002) via windows, but I can access files from dos. Can someone please tell me where the data files for outlook 2002 are stored, and which ones I'd need to copy? Thanks in advance for any help. Jim See if this info helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Jim" <lakerfan426@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OUhIH0oTGHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I >...

Need Help Using A Custom Session Manager
Hi. I have some questions about session management. I have decided to use a custom session manager class to have more control over session state in my web site. I have started out by using Stephan Prodan's Session Class here: http://stefanprodan.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=cat%3DC%2523 You'll need to take a look (which I appreciate immensely) to get a sense of what I am talking about. 1) My first question pertains to how I persist and access my session information after a user authenticates (or doesn't). In his exam...