Formula for weeks

I was wondering if there is a formula to calculate how many weeks it is from
today to a certain date

This formula will calculate how many days
=DATEDIF(Date1,Date2,"d")

or =DATEDIF(A1, B1,"d") with dates in A1 and B1

If by week you mean any seven days (not a Sun to Sat) then
=DATEDIF(A1, B1,"d") /7

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"Shihachi" <Shihachi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if there is a formula to calculate how many weeks it is
> from
> today to a certain date

0
Bernard
12/18/2009 3:58:38 PM
Hi,

Try this which wil return whole wee and a decimal for the part week

=ABS((DATE(2009,1,2)-TODAY())/7)

or this to return whole weeks rounded down

=INT(ABS((DATE(2009,1,5)-TODAY())/7))

You can use cell references for the dates

Mike

"Shihachi" wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a formula to calculate how many weeks it is from
> today to a certain date
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:58:38 -0400, "Bernard Liengme"
<bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote:

>This formula will calculate how many days
>=DATEDIF(Date1,Date2,"d")
>
>or =DATEDIF(A1, B1,"d") with dates in A1 and B1
>
>If by week you mean any seven days (not a Sun to Sat) then
>=DATEDIF(A1, B1,"d") /7

Or you could use:

=B1-A1

or

=(B1-A1)/7
--ron
0
Ron
12/18/2009 5:45:16 PM
Ah but that would be too simple for me after 3 hours tutoring calculus!
Yes, my answer was stupid!
Bernard

"Ron Rosenfeld" <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:58:38 -0400, "Bernard Liengme"
> <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote:
>
>>This formula will calculate how many days
>>=DATEDIF(Date1,Date2,"d")
>>
>>or =DATEDIF(A1, B1,"d") with dates in A1 and B1
>>
>>If by week you mean any seven days (not a Sun to Sat) then
>>=DATEDIF(A1, B1,"d") /7
>
> Or you could use:
>
> =B1-A1
>
> or
>
> =(B1-A1)/7
> --ron

0
Bernard
12/18/2009 9:05:10 PM
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:05:10 -0400, "Bernard Liengme"
<bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote:

>Ah but that would be too simple for me after 3 hours tutoring calculus!
>Yes, my answer was stupid!
>Bernard

I always wondered by "they" bothered with the "d" option in DATEDIF.  But the
function is apparently broken in 2007 SP2 so I've generally stopped
recommending it for anything.

Now I have to edit my various sheets that use it <sigh>.

--ron
0
Ron

problem: formula appears as text
Hello...I'm stumped.... I am entering a simple formula: =RIGHT(A2,2) in a cell. The sheet has data on it but not a whole lot going on. I have tried formatting the cell itself, the column, and the entire sheet a number of ways...however, the formula appears in the cell as =RIGHT(A2,2)...as if were a text entry...it won't actually just turn into a formula and do it's thing. Thanks in advance for response.... -- couriced ------------------------------------------------------------------------ couriced's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

Text in formula?
What a pain in the neck to come back home after being away and not being able to access the newsgroups via my newsreader (http:// www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm). Anyway ... <g> I have this formula in cell A16: ="Don't take today: " &+A15+1 I got it from googling for text and formulas in same cell. I've tried formatting cell as general and text but nothing comes out right. The result in A16 should say: Don't take today: Tue.Sep.14.2010 but instead it says: Don't take today: 40435 Can anyone advise how to fix this? Thanks! :oD On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 ...

problem with formula #2
I have one column with increasing standard time (hr:min:sec). I put a formula in the first cell of the first row of a second column to convert the same cell of the first column to a value of decimel based upon minutes. The result is correct in the first cell of the first line (row) where the the formula was placed in the second column, but when I copy the formula throughout the rows of the second column, the results shown are always the answer for the first line - even though when I klick on the cell the formula in the lower rows/cells shows it referring to the correct later time ...

How can formulas be used to create another formula?
This is probaby very simple, but I really don't know a lot aout formulars. When I have created formulas to work out the percentage of each sales type that we have, I then need to use this % as a part of another formula, Ie Sales type A is 50% of our overall sales "=sum(B1/B3)*100", I am am then trying use this 50% to apportion our wages bill to a sales type. When I create another formula "=sum(B10/B13)*the cell reference of the formula I previously calculated" it is throwing out the incorrect answer. Can anyone give me a simple answer to a very simple question a...

Lotus 123 print, formula, format, ect
How can I get Excel to emulate Lotus 123 commands such as: print range, + - (formula) range, move information and calulatons. ...

How to apply a formula accross all the rows when the total rows are too much in no. ?
Hi, guyz i know you can drag the formula accross the rows in that column t have that formula in effect in every cell. but i have some data lik 5000 rows then how to get that formula accross each cell, its painfu holding the mouse and dragging the formula accross the rows. please advise thanks in advance sorab -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi after inserting this formula in the first row double click on the lower right corner of your cell selection -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > guyz i know you can drag the formula accross the rows in that col...

Does Excel support mixed formatting of a string in a formula cell, yet?
Excel is one of the most spectacular apps ever created. But one feature I really need is mixed formatting of a string whose cell is a formula. By mixed formatting I mean, you know, making selected (as opposed to all) character(s) of the string bold, italic, a different color, sub- or superscripted, etc. In Excel 2002 you cannot do that in a formula cell (right?). In edit mode, the user would, say, press F9 to display the calc'ed string, selectively format it as usual, then cancel edit. Excel would save the formatting as a separate mask. What could be easier? The user would ...

Formulas #43
I have a cell with a simple currency formula in it. I want to add a specific dollar amount to the formula result IF a single value from a group of 5 values appears in another cell. -- Thank you. John Q. Without more details, maybe something like: =A1+IF(OR(B1={"a","b","c","d","e"}),22,0) John Q wrote: > > I have a cell with a simple currency formula in it. I want to add a specific > dollar amount to the formula result IF a single value from a group of 5 > values appears in another cell. > -- > Thank you. John Q. -...

Scorekeeping Formula
Does anyone have a formula set up scorekeeping in Excel for the game Rummikub. We have tournaments and want to use the computer to keep track of scores, with minus scores added to the winners' scores. Thanks DocT ...

need help with Index, Match and Countif in the same complicated formula
Hi, I have a spreadsheet Expense Journal designed for entering expenses in two currencies, one for Dollar and one for a local currency. It has two sections of rows, the top is for Dollar Expenses and uses no exchange figures because the spreadsheet converts everything to Dollars. This Dollar section has five columns: Date Project # Account # Description Dollar Amount In the blank spreadsheet that they start anew each quarter, there are only two rows setup for Dollar expenses because most of their expenses will be in Local currency. Below the Dollar secti...

calculating Week numbers in a time table
I have a weekly timetable table for school terms with the following fields WeekID (automatic number), WkbeginDate (date), WkNo ( number 1 or 2). The WkNo can be either 1 or 2 . How can I get the Wkno field to automatically update with the correct week number for each new record ie if a record has week value 2 the next record will have a WkNo value of 1? I would prefer to do this using a query rather than a form. The timetable is not for the whole year and has 'holiday' breaks, sometimes restarting on a week 2, sometimes on a week 1. Hope this makes sense! Hilarys =?Utf-8?B?SGls...

How do I change the day a week starts on in a publisher calendar
In the Control Panel open the Regional and Language Options, change to your region. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F81FC52-ED0D-4FC3-BCED-05F72495DF61@microsoft.com... > ...

in formula a range cell reference eg) $A1:$A20 that is static when filling
if i want a cell reference to not increment when filling i put a dollar sign in front of it i noticed this does not work when you specify a range of cells eg ) $A1:$A20 although it is not an error when i fill in a formula it still increments the cell reference in each row but if i specify a single cell it does not. does anyone know the syntax for this, it's hard to word so i havent been able to find anything on google. thanks for your help! cheers, /sh You mean like this: =SUM($A$1:$A$20) ? -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- P...

How do I get the weeks numbered?
I need to create worksheets for the managers at my job and I need to list the work weeks by numbers. Example April 4 - April 10 was the 15th week of the year, I need to know how to get the numbered week on my calender. Tools-> Options-> Calendar Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "smwhiten" <smwhiten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92478EC4-CB77-4329-B6A8-F2BA1D4034B9@microsoft.com... &g...

Formula for counting cells with value 'x' provided Col U = 'y'
Hi guys, Need some help with a formula please. Have tried myself and know that the answer is straightforward but going through a mental block! Col Q Col R A01 58 A01 62 P02 62 Both columns data starts in cell 14 and runs down to cell 10000. I need to count the entries in Column Q that = A01 ONLY IF Col R = 62. Then do the same for Q = A01 ONLY IF R = 58, and so on. The worksheet is a year-to-date file and will be updated weekly with many entries in both columns with varying values. Many thanks. Hi, =SUMPRODUCT((Q1:Q10000="A01")*(R1:R1000...

Formulas to run offline in 3.0?
Hi CRM Pros I have a prospective 3.0 customer. Basically they have a not too complex Excel sheet, that they would like to replace with CRM functionalty instead, in order to run it offline with automatic sync to the CRM server. I know that I can customize CRM 3.0 with extra fields on the oppertunity entity and with custom exchange rate and freight rate tables. But what are the possibilities in 3.0 of creating calculations to run automatically, e.g., tallying the sum of some of the custom fields, or for multiplying some of them together with the exhange rate from a separate table? These calcula...

Count formulas
I am trying to do a set of 3 counts between 1-100. Under 80 Between 80-90 and 90+. I have 2 formulas that are working and can't seem to figure the 3rd, could anyone help? 1st =COUNTIF(G4:K22,">89.99") 2nd =COUNTIF (G4:K22,"<79.99") It is the middle one that I am not able to figure out. count all -those two or =sumproduct((g4:k22>=80)*(f4:k22<90)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045801c3d85f$f193bdb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to do a set of...

Formula?
Hi, I have my data set up the following way - the columns refer to th month and the rows are the different projects I'm tracking. Projec "A" has data in months Jan-Oct (10 values), while Project "B" has dat in months Jan, March, July, August & Sept (5 values)-the missing month are blank. Is there a way get the average of the last 4 values fo each project? Maybe using a count function? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if your values are in A1:J1 use the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) =AVERAGE(OFFSET(J1,0,0,1,-...

formula #59
i am trying to do this:: =IF(J48<25,"",K48) just insert the info from I48 into K48 BUT =IF(J48>25) then add J48 info to I48 and place the total in K48. is this possible and how is it done =if(j48<25,"",if(j48>25,j48+i48)) -- y_not ------------------------------------------------------------------------ y_not's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19947 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394739 A formula can only enter values into the cell in which it resides, it cannot enter data int...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

if and formula
hi i am trying to check if a time value is greater that 2am and smaller than 2.30 am if it is put 1:59:30 in the cell if it the time value is smaller or bigger put cel value into cell i am using the formula below =IF(AND(C73>="02:00:00",C73<="02:30:00"),"01:59:30",C73) i am checking the formula with 02:01:00 (should put 1:59:30 ) actuall puts 02:01:00 i am checking the formula with 01:01:29(should put 01:01:29) actuall puts 01:01:29 but i can't get it working correctly any ideas thanks kevin By enclosing those times within quotes you are conve...

Duplicate a chart with relative formulas
If I have several sheets, each with data for a particular year, how can I copy a chart from 1 year to all the others, making sure the data references are to the respective year? Duplicate the sheet that has the chart, then replace the data on the copied sheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 3/23/2010 9:29 PM, Bobhoe wrote: > If I have several sheets, each with data for a particular year, how can I > copy a chart from 1 year to all the others, making sure the data references > are to the respective year? ...

IF Formula 01-13-10
I am trying to compare two cells to eachother and populate a third cell with the number that is the GREATER of the two. (IF f26 is greater than G34, populate m22 with value in f26; BUT if g34 is greater than f26, populate m22 with value in g34). Any suggestions? On Jan 13, 10:17=A0am, CrazyConfused <CrazyConfu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to compare two cells to eachother and populate a third cell w= ith > the number that is the GREATER of the two. =A0(IF f26 is greater than G34= , > populate m22 with value in f26; BUT if g34 is greater than...

orden en los operadores de las formulas
deseo saber cual es el orden correcto para generar formulas en una hoja de excel -- Excel "angies" <angiemarbella27@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E03784BA-F3E8-4E54-84EA-00D151DD939A@microsoft.com... > deseo saber cual es el orden correcto para generar formulas en una hoja de > excel > -- > Excel La multiplicación y la división antes de la adición y de la substracción. Por ejemplo, si usted escribe =5+2*3, el resultado será 11. Si quiere 21 por el resultado , tiene que usar parentesis: =(5+2)*3 ...

date format into day of week
I have column in excel which show date in format 2009-08-21. Is it possible in new column to get day of week from this data? Is this what you are looking for? -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Steve" <Steve@ggmmaaiill.com> wrote in message news:euX0IfIJKHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have column in excel which show date in format 2009-08-21. Is it possible >in new column to get day of week from this data? > > > Is this what you are looking for? =TEXT(A1,"dddd") -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Steve" <Steve@ggmmaaiill.com> wrote in me...