Hi
I have a text file of football results.
i.e.

utd|3|rovers|3
city|2|town|2
etc.
Delimited into Columns

This file is imported in excel.

Now i want to create a results grid from that data

utd rovers city town etc AWAY

utd         X   2-2   3-3
rovers   1-2
city        2-3
town
etc
HOME....

Where the results are 3-3 2-2 etc.. I need (here it comes) a formula.(
I hope)
that uses the data in the imported text file

I think this should be possible but I can't get it right.
I'm sure someone with more experience than myself may
find a solution.

Cheers
Peter
:confused:

---

Proper formula
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I have a product list that was typed in uppercase I used the proper formula to change this. I now need to edit the new list but it just gives me the formula not he text in the cell. <br><br>Have tried formatting cells to txt. Any ideas? In article <59bb04bc.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, Sands@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > > I have a product list that was typed in uppercase I used the proper formula > to change this. I now need to edit t...

new "you must be connected to the internet to sign in online" erro
Hi. I've got the Microsoft Money Plus trial and have only had it for about 2 weeks. It was working fine last time I ran it a few days ago and today when I ran it, it won't log me in. It says, "You must be connected to the internet to sign in online." Nothing interesting has changed on my computer other than: - A new version of zone alarm, which I've tried turning off and running MsMoney, but I still get the same error. - Whatever random updates Microsoft has decided to do. Is anyone else seeing this? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks, mike In microsoft.public.m...

two checking accounts data downloads to just one of the accts
I have two checking accounts with our bank and when I download transactions into Microsoft Money for either account, all the transactions go to only one of the accounts set up in Money. I was prompted for the first download to our "main" account. Then when I went to download for the other account, I wasn't prompted where to download to... and all the transactions went into the first account. Did that make sense? My bank required we switch to Money from Quicken, so I am new to this. Tried to search in users guide and online for help. Help would be much appreciated - ...

summarizing worksheet data
Hi, I want to create what should be a relatively simple spreadsheet with, say, fifty worksheets in the workbook. Each worksheet would be identical in terms of number of rows & columns, as well as the type of data those columns contain. On the first worksheet, however, I'd like to be able to summarize the cumulative totals of all the other sheets. So, for instance, if cell a20 on worksheets 2 through 50 contained a formula that calculated a sum of the figures in a1:a19, I'd like to put a formula in a cell in the first worksheet that will total the cell a20 in all the other w...

Gathering and adding data from different rows
Hi all, I run a report at work every day that tells me how many shares of a company have been sold and from what year these shares were granted to the participant. The year and the amount of shares are on different lines. For instance, the year would be on D5 and the share amount would be on D10. This is a daily function and the data changes every day. I am required to manually scan these reports and add up the shares for each year separately. I have to separate the amounts for 2003, 1997 and 1996. I want to create a spreadsheeet that I can dump this data into and have the spreadsheet find...

array formula woes
Greetings all, I have found this group of such extreme value over the past 6 months as I take the first steps in learning the wonders of excel... so thank you to all who have offered wisdom. This, however is my first time posting a question so forgive me if I require some feedback on the proper way to ask a question! I am using an array formula which reads a value in one cell then finds the closest match to that value in a range of cells. I use: {=INDEX($AG$5:$AG$53,MATCH(MIN(ABS($AG$5:$AG$53-AA5)),ABS($AG$5:$AG$53-AA5),0))} works great! Next step: I have a formula which reads the resul...

date formulas #5
Please help! I have given an example of part of the spreadsheet i am creating to outline my queery: Report in / Reply due / 1 Sept 2005 / 1 Sept 05 4 Sept 2005 / 18 Sept 05 / 14 Jan 00 / etc, / etc, I have entered the following formula in the 'reply due' column: B1 = A1 + 14 which calculates the date two weeks after the date in the 'report in' column. When i drag the formula down so it applies the entire 'reply due' column the cells aut...

Pivot table and it's macro
I am creating a table and from the table a pivot table using a macro. When I run the macro the table gets created without a problem but when it goes to create the pivot table I get an error and the debugger highlights this section: ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "Table8", Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12).CreatePivotTable TableDestination _ :="Perf Tables!R2C8", TableName:="PivotTable1", DefaultVersion:= _ xlPivotTableVersion12 Can anyone see where the problem is happening? My ...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

Macro to pull every Nth row of data
I have a spreadsheet of data and I need to pull every 60th row out onto another sheet. Any simple macros? Thanks. Amy How about Sub Test() Source_Sheet = "Sheet1" Target_Sheet = "Sheet2" n = 5000 ' your last line of data on Sheet1 Target_Row = 1 Sheets(Target_Sheet).Select For nCount = 1 To n Step 60 Worksheets(Source_Sheet).Cells(nCount, 1).EntireRow.Copy Worksheets(Target_Sheet).Cells(Target_Row, 1).Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ F...

Better formula
Looking for a short cut for this formula. I need to repeat this for ever 5th pair of rows up to row 81. =SUMIF(C10,"he",E10)+SUMIF(C11,"he",E11)+SUMIF(C15,"he",E15)+ ...... Any way to make this quicker formula so I am not making a insanely long formula? One guess ... Try: =SUMPRODUCT((C10:C81="he")*(OR(MOD(ROW(E10:E81),5)={0;1})),E10:E81) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "B.B" <me@mail.com> wrote in message news:Z3T%g.197211$R63.31057@pd7urf1no... > Looking for a short cut for this formula. ...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Pivot Table % of
I have a pivot table like the followng: Joe Trans Ct A 5 B 3 C 2 Total Joe 10 Kelly A 6 B 1 C 4 Total Kelly 11 I added another Count of Trans shown as a "% of column", but it gives me the percent of the entire column when what I really want is the % of Total Joe, % of Total Kelly, etc. In this instance I simply made the names go across instead of down which solved the problem, but there are instances where I don't want to do that. Any suggestions for getting the percent per item rather than pe...

Last cell with data in a range
I enter weekly data into a spreadsheet with a summary page at the front. After every week, when new data is entered, I want the formula at the front to use the cell with the new data instead of me having to change the existing formula. For example, my data looks like this: A B C 276 300 421 175 0 0 0 I need a formula that will automatically detect the last number >0 in column C. Thank you for your assistance! =Countif(C2:C1000,">0") so your main page formula might be something like: =...

Data Validation in XL2007 suddenly stops functioning
I created a workbook in XL2003 that included some named ranges on Sheet2 that fed some data validation lists on Sheet1. Everything worked as expected. My colleague opened up the workbook in XL2007 and used it several times, and everything worked as expected. Then she called me, saying that it was broken. Of the 6 named ranges and related data validation columns on the other sheet, none of them were working anymore. I went over to her PC, and checked everything I could think of- I could set up working data validation test cells on Sheet2, but could not get the ones on Sheet1 to...

create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function
Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table result in a formula and copy that formula as a relative reference. In Excel 2003 a GETPIVOTDATA fromula is created and uses an absolute reference. Is there a way in Excel 2003 to either make it arelative reference (without editing the formula) or revert to the method used in all prior releases? There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html ebergkes wrote: > Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table resu...

Problem moving mailbox between administrative groups
Hi there, We have a big problem. We need to move mailboxes from one adm group to other, and at ramdom we receive a MAPI Error Error moving messages CN=testuser,CN=users,dc=machine,dc=company,dc=com The MAPI call failed MAPI or an unspecified service provicer ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000 The Exchange 2000 organization is in native mode (All E2K) Any thoughts. Thanks in advance -- Gabriel N Argentina ...

Ability to merge windows into tabs and move a tab into a new windo
I often find myself wishing that I could do two things with IE: 1) Take two IE windows, each with one or more tabs, and merge them together into a single window with the tabs from both. This would help reduce clutter in my taskbar. 2) Take a tab and convert it into an IE window of its own as often times I want to be able to see two web sites at the same time (side by side), which I can't seem to do if they are tabs in the same window. Either that or some sort of 2 page view where you can see two tabs side by side and can navigate each separately. Would like to se...

Pivot table row header
Hi, In a pivot table, I have 2 fields in the row section. How can I have the value on the first fields to repeat in every row instead of just showing once? Thanks!! Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html Fill Blank Cells Fill Blank Cells Programmatically* [*Sub FillColBlanks() 'by Dave Peterson 2004-01-06] -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08549CBC-68A7-442E-BABF-D48B11E29479@microsoft.co...

Pivot Table Updates Issue
My Data had a coloum containing stuff like Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department I built a bunch of pivot tables on this data. Then I changed the data to read: Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept and performed a Refresh Data. Now, on the filter pulldowns on any of the Pivot tables, I see Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept The first three option no longer exist in any of the data, and I do not want them in the list. How to fix this problem without recreating and reformatting 38 seperate Pivot table...

My synchronized emails disappeared after adding a new account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CB5135.56C7EAD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I created first an account and I synchronized everything on my local = machine, meaning all messages not only the headers. After doing this I checked if those messages were in my local computer = and they were all there. I added a new live account and I did not even synchronized it. Just = logged in it. To my surprise when I clicked on the first account which was a Hotmail = one, I...

Using color to ignore cells in a formula?????
Is it possible to set up a formula in excel to ingore certain cells if you should change the color of that cell to a color. Example: =sum(a1:a50) if cell A25 was blue how can I ignore it so that it is not calculated? Mike A. Hi only with VBA. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm and http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mike A." <MikeA@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:65C99320-9FE3-4E11-81C2-C262B82B565B@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to set up a formula in excel to ingore cer...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

Importing vcalendar data to multiple users
I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's calendar with pertinent calendar events. Is there a way to import this type of data in batch mode? See if http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company helps. ME wrote: > I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a > large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's > calendar with pertinent calendar events. > > Is there a way to import this type of data in batch...

Using Excel error #N/A in a formula
I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the correct syntax to capture the #N/A error message and display "OK" instead of #N/A? =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C1,Range,0)),"OK","STOP") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement. > >Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the...