formula for money additions & subtractions

I am trying to get a formula to calculate payroll deduction for cas
register +/-.  When an employee is over by $10 or under by $24, th
difference comes out of thier check.

Example: if somone is -25.00 for the month $1.00 would come out of th
check.  If someone is +11.00 then $1.00 would come out of the chec
also.

the +/- for the month is in one cell so i would like the formula to b
able to read that cell and figure out if it is too much or little fo
the deduction.

this is the greatest sight that i have ever found and i hope someon
can help me

Thank you,
Mik

Try

=IF(OR(A2<-24,A2>10),1,"")

Assuming A2 contains the over or under amount.

Charlie O'Neill
deduction for cash
>register +/-.  When an employee is over by $10 or under
by $24, the
>difference comes out of thier check.
>
>Example: if somone is -25.00 for the month $1.00 would
come out of the
>check.  If someone is +11.00 then $1.00 would come out of
the check
>also.
>
>the +/- for the month is in one cell so i would like the
formula to be
>able to read that cell and figure out if it is too much
or little for
>the deduction.
>
>this is the greatest sight that i have ever found and i
hope someone
>can help me
>
>Thank you,
>Mike
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/10/2004 8:00:45 PM
Mike, if the +/- is in A2, then =IF(A2>10,A2-10,IF(A2<-24,ABS(A2)-24,0)).

--
DDM
"DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"
Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com

"manickmj >" <<manickmj.17ngb8@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to get a formula to calculate payroll deduction for cash
> register +/-.  When an employee is over by $10 or under by $24, the
> difference comes out of thier check.
>
> Example: if somone is -25.00 for the month $1.00 would come out of the
> check.  If someone is +11.00 then $1.00 would come out of the check
> also.
>
> the +/- for the month is in one cell so i would like the formula to be
> able to read that cell and figure out if it is too much or little for
> the deduction.
>
> this is the greatest sight that i have ever found and i hope someone
> can help me
>
> Thank you,
> Mike
>

> ---

DDMara (266)

Opening additional mailbox
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and my clients are all running Outlook 2003. A supervisor has requested access to a suboordinates e-mail box, so I added her (supervisor) with rights to that mailbox, and now inside of Outlook I can specify it to open the additional mailbox. The thing is, it is diplayed as so "Mailbox - User Name", and because these people work in an open workgroup type environment this box may be visible to people that look at her desktop. Can that be renamed? Named to display something else, or am I going about this all wrong. You cannot do that through Outlook...

Money Invoices
Installed IE6 SP1 as instructed by article, Invoice Designer still locks up computer on save. Attempts to use existing templates results in various script errors. ...

Money Changes Transaction Dates
Hi all, How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have already entered into the register? This happens when I accept/match downloaded transactions from my bank. Thanks! Well, I think I just answered my own question. I found a check box to untick under online options to fix this, but I will post back if necessary. "rustyfender04" <rustyfender1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eY3zaLITHHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have > already entered into t...

Using formulas to filter
Is there a way to filter a list by formulas the same way the Data->Filter option works? I'd like to take the matrix: Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== Smith 30 $104.2 Yes 52 Jones 31 $155.3 No 51 Jones 31 $422.2 Yes 49 Freer 31 $424.3 Yes 42 Waylan 30 $322.5 No 50 Smith 31 $288.3 Yes 49 etc. And, using a formula, filter on Col B = 31 to produce: Col AA Col AB ...

MS Money 2004 Canadian ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C9_01C3C037.D277B2A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Money 2004 Canadian, does not recognize the Royal Bank of Canada. = Who do I contact to have the RBC Royal Bank Canada added? When I go the my Online Bank and copy my Checking account to MS Money, = in the left pane of the register it tells me my last download time and = date etc. This was from 2 days ago, consequently I can't download = today's account details meaning the register is NOT up...

Subtracting value from main form
I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I have get the structure of returning it separately. In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed quantity (will be calculated). In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity owed. But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form and the other is in subform? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-fo...

Using cell text in a formula
I am trying to use derived cell references in a VLOOKUP formula to matc data in several tables. For example, A1 contains the cell reference fo the top left of my array (A3) whilst cell A2 contains the cel reference for the bottom right of my array (D14). The array I' checking against starts in column E3. However, when I use the formula =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:A2,4,FALSE) I get a #N/ error. I need to use the cell references in each VLOOKUP as the arra sizes may vary in each case. (PS, I've used =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A1,A2) to derive the cell references. Ji -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

Using two conditions in a formula
How do I write the following formula: I am in cell I6 If g6 AND h6 is blank, then blank, else I5 minus g6 plus h -- Richard Pit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Richard Pitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 Richard, In cell I6, enter the formula: =IF(AND(G6="",H6=""),"",I5-G6-H6) Though you don't check for case when G6 is blank and H6 isn't, etc. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Richard ...

What could keep formulas from recalculating?
I have a workbook that I received from a company with which I do business. On it are several worksheets (tabs). On one sheet, if I go to enter a formula in a cell, it displays it as text instead of calculating a value. For example, if I type =A1+A2 it will display that exact text in the cell as opposed to displaying the sum of cells A1 and A2. On other worksheets in the same workbook, entering formulas seems to work just fine. I have checked in Options, and auto-calc is checked (pressing F9 also has no effect). I can only assume that there is some setting of which I am unaware that is prev...

Money 2005 which Australian Version
I currently have Quicken Plus 2002 and it does everything I want and I am used to it's quirks. BUT, I am looking to upgrade if and only if, I can find a version of the Money product, for Australia, that allows me to sync with my PDA. This is the last frontier as far as I'm concerned with these products. I am amazed this is not a standard feature already as it is usually time poor people who wish to manage there finances with these products and being able to keep transactions up to date when in transit and travelling would be the ultimate for me. Quicken also doesn't handle ...

Tries MS Money 2004 Trial.
I downloaded and tried Money 2004 from the Microsoft site. It was an upgrade from MS Money 2002. I installed it beside my MS Money 2002. I converted the file, and it said it created a backup file with ".Mnn" where nn is a version number. It said that if I went back to money 2002 I would need to open this backup file. After testing it a little, I did a system restore to a checkpoint of a week ago (still trying to fix another problem with MS Money 2002). Now when I run MS Money 2002 and I open that backup file, it asks me for a password. The original file was not passwo...

New to Money 2006
I was using Money 2004 and upgraded it to 2006 last night (God only knows, why :)). I started to hate the idea of Passport and Web Publishing my account details and so did not choose the Passport option. I was able to install with regular Money stand alone password and still update all my accounts by downloading them from the respective financial institutions (as I used to do with 2004). The problem is with MBNA America. I want to download the credit card transactions. But the online setup process is asking me for passport setup. I looked at the description of this bank on Microsoft site...

Update from Money 2007 Premium
I currently use Money 2007 Premium. I plan on installing Money Plus Deluxe. They look to be pretty much the same. Will anything be lost going from 2007 Premium to Plus Deluxe? Thanks, Bob K The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) "Bob K" <BobK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C34A6-F03E-49AC-8B54-BAFF63BC538A@microsoft.com... > Will anything be lost going from 2007 > Premium to Plus Deluxe? "Dick Watson" wrote: > The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) > > "Bob K" <BobK@discus...

R-squared formula
I was just wondering if anybody knows the formula for the r-squared value for a power curve. Excel states that it uses a transformed r-squared value. I am trying to calculate the value by doing the mathematical calculations in the spreadsheet. I have gotten the correct equation that the chart shows, but I can't seem to get the correct r-squared value. The formulas that they give are: R^2 = 1-(SSE/SST) SSE = E(Yi-Yi^)^2 SST = (EYi^2)-(EYi)^2/n E is the best I can get to a sigma in this. Sigma is the sign to sum up all the indicated values. Yi is the original Y values. Yi^ ...

Money 2004 files to back to Money 2000 program
My computer in Florida has Money 2004. When returning to Wisconsin I tried using the Money 2004 files with my Money 2000 in Wisconsin but the program would not open because it asked for my "Password". I have never used a password before and don't have a password. I have been using Money programs for 5 years and this is the first time I have had any problems. Any ideas? JoeinWisconsin -- -------------------------------------------- Joseph R. Ferris (Joe) E-mail: jferris@tponet.com URL: www.jferris.com ---------------------------------------- In microsoft.public.money...

Money 98 to 2004
I have a similar problem to Heath 12/22. I am trying to transfer files from Money 98 to Money 2004. Successfully did the small file, but the large (compressed) file gives the error message of: "Money can not locate c:\( . . . )\my documents\ my money or can not open it, possibly because it is read only, or you have no permission to change it, or drive is write protected." Try navigating to wherever your .mny file is on your hard disk and double click on it. That will fire up Money and it will remember where it found the file for the future. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft ...

Excel formula #9
I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? Description of what I want.: if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but if cell is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell Can some one help Please. I am new with excel and am not sure how to do this.. Thanks Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:04:06 -0800 from David franklin <DavidF@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? > > if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but > if cell is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell ...

Increasing Month only in formula
Kindly i need help on below: i have a formula as "=Jan!G$2" in Cell "A1", i'm looking to have "=Feb!G$2" in Cell "A2" and "=Mar!G$2" in Cell "A3" and so on by simple dragging. is that possible? On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:53:01 -0800, Malla <Malla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Kindly i need help on below: > >i have a formula as "=Jan!G$2" in Cell "A1", i'm looking to have "=Feb!G$2" >in Cell "A2" and "=Mar!G$2" in Cell "A3" and so o...

Help: Seting the value of another cell with a formula
I know that there's a way to make a cell a particular value based on the entries of a range, or array of cells, but is it possible to do the reverse, using only one formula in a cell. Here's what I'm trying to do: What I would like to do is set one of a range of cell to have a value based on the value in A2. Example: Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2007. I want A10 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2008. I want A11 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2009. I want A12 to equal...

Money 2002/ Money 2003
Have money 2003 installed on windows XP. Trying to import money 2002. Can someone walk me through it. I would reload money 2002 but I can't find my disk. It should pull in directly for you when you load 2003. If not, copy the .mny file and open it after you install 2003. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >Have money 2003 installed on windows XP. Trying to import >money 2002. Can someone walk me through it. I would reload >money 2002 but I can't find my disk. >. > In microsoft.public.money, Richard Conley wrote: >Have money 2003 installed on ...

Money Express does not show all my upcoming bills
I noticed Money Express only shows a few of my upcoming transactions, such as deposits or automatic withdrawals, but it will not show upcoming transactions such as credit card payments that need to be sent within a couple of days. Any ideas? I believe there is a limit of 5 bills that can be displayed in Money Express. <req@req.com> wrote in message news:btodh0puhe0d1jer6mt4s1vhqd99a54i81@4ax.com... > I noticed Money Express only shows a few of my upcoming transactions, > such as deposits or automatic withdrawals, but it will not show > upcoming transactions such as credit ca...

money 2002
In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I keep getting the error message "there are no accounts with checks to be printed" - I printed microsoft knowledge ase article 313373 with gives me a resolution that is either incorrect or that I'm not going correctly. Help! If you have more checks to print does it want to print them? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91. "Marcia R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019701c3b14a$bc496a10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I > keep get...

Ganhar umas massas/Earn real money !!! #6
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

How Many Days Since... Formula -Help
Hi, can anyone help? I have a spreadsheet tracking several different Departments in our company and how often they have an accident. I need to track how many days they go without an accident. So if Dept A had their latest accident yesterday. And if someone opens the spreadsheet in 3 days, it should say "4 days w/o an accident for Dept A. I'm sure this can be done, I just have no idea how :roll: Thanks in advance, Scotty Assuming 8/5/2003 is the start date... =TODAY()-"8/8/2003"&" Days w/o an accident for Dept A" Lance >-----Original Message----- &...

How do I keep a formula from changing if a row is added or deleted
I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is deleted. Regardless of what happens in the worksheet I want the formulas to remain the same. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwolt wrote: > I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows > are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either > changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is >...