formula doesn't work

Hi,

I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the numbers.
I try to enter a formula into  column D, it keeps give me C1/B1*100 in cell
D1. Why it won't give me the numbers in D1? Is this my Exel's setting problem?
--
JJ
0

Hi JJ

Instead of
C1/B1*100
try
=C1/B1*100

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> Hi,
>
> I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the
numbers.
> I try to enter a formula into  column D, it keeps give me C1/B1*100 in
cell
> D1. Why it won't give me the numbers in D1? Is this my Exel's setting
problem?
> --
> JJ

0
innocent (844)
8/2/2005 7:40:25 PM
i tryed =c1/d1*100 also, still doesn't work. then when I try to do this in
another station, it works. I am thinking maybe the setting is different?

thanks
--
JJ

"Harald Staff" wrote:

> Hi JJ
>
> Instead of
> C1/B1*100
> try
> =C1/B1*100
>
> HTH. Best wishes Harald
>
> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the
> numbers.
> > I try to enter a formula into  column D, it keeps give me C1/B1*100 in
> cell
> > D1. Why it won't give me the numbers in D1? Is this my Exel's setting
> problem?
> > --
> > JJ

0
JJ7759 (95)
8/2/2005 7:55:02 PM
Is "formulas" checked in the Tools > Options menu, "view" pane ? Uncheck it
if so. Anyway, all formulas start with = .

> i tryed =c1/d1*100 also, still doesn't work. then when I try to do this in
> another station, it works. I am thinking maybe the setting is different?
>
> thanks
> --
> JJ
>

> "Harald Staff" wrote:
>
> > Hi JJ
> >
> > Instead of
> > C1/B1*100
> > try
> > =C1/B1*100
> >
> > HTH. Best wishes Harald
> >
> > "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the
> > numbers.
> > > I try to enter a formula into  column D, it keeps give me C1/B1*100 in
> > cell
> > > D1. Why it won't give me the numbers in D1? Is this my Exel's setting
> > problem?
> > > --
> > > JJ

0
innocent (844)
8/2/2005 8:02:16 PM
THANK YOU
--
JJ

"JJ" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the numbers.
> I try to enter a formula into  column D, it keeps give me C1/B1*100 in cell
> D1. Why it won't give me the numbers in D1? Is this my Exel's setting problem?
> --
> JJ
0
JJ7759 (95)

turning off formula bar
I can't remember or find how to turn off the formula bar in Excel 2003? Can someone help please. This is the bar that displays cell contents up top. Thanks! --Randy Starkey Tools>Options>View tab, uncheck Formula bar -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Randy Starkey" <randy.starkeyNOSPAM@NOSPAMvictorychurch.com> wrote in message news:12kcghhahv0oif4@corp.supernews.com... |I can't remember or find how to turn off the formula bar in Excel 2003? Can | someone help please. This is the bar that displays cell contents up top. | | Thanks! | | --...

Linked workbook formulas giving N/A
I am having a problem with formulas in linked workbooks returning the correct value when the Recovery Master.xls workbook is closed. In cell C23 is the formula: =IF('G:\Common\Back Office Pride\Recovery\[Recovery Master.xls]Team DVR'!$C23= 0, "", 'G:\Common\Back Office Pride\Recovery\[Recovery Master.xls]Team DVR'!$C23) If the Recovery Master.xls workbook is open or closed it returnes the value: BCBS new to pend Non Clm In cell C24 is the formula: =IF('G:\Common\Back Office Pride\Recovery\[Recovery Master.xls]Team DVR'!$C24= 0, ""...

Rules Work But No Notification
My rules all work but I don't get notified when a new email comes in unless it just goes into my Inbox. I think this used to work but never paid much attention. Hope this makes sense. Office 2007, no Exchange. -- DrDOS "DrDOS" <dcal53@comcast.net> wrote in message news:90F003E0-3ABB-4168-BD29-FCD02908B949@microsoft.com... > My rules all work but I don't get notified when a new email comes in unless > it just goes into my Inbox. I think this used to work but never paid much > attention. Hope this makes sense. Office 2007, no Exchange. ...

Is this a bug in .net file io? is there a work around?
Is this a bug in .net file io? is there a work around? when writing a large file with using(StreamWriter ... if the network drive of the share is removed then the file is never closed. I tried doing the using clause, i tried both close and closehandle in the finaly clause. in all cases if a large file is being written to a network drive and the network drive is disconnected the file handle remains open. when i try to close, dispose, or closehandle it in the finaly clause it fails to close because it tries to flush the buffer in all of those cases. is this a bug in ..net file io? is there a wo...

group work on Publisher document
Can more than one person work simultaneously on the same document in Publisher 2003? -- Librarian02 Anne <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can more than one person work simultaneously on the same document in > Publisher 2003? No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

not all cells are locked when protect is true for work sheet
not all cells are locked when protect is true for work sheet how can i fix that ? this is how i lock ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True some cells with comments or empty cells are not protected... how can i fix this? Alexandre, sounds like some of the cells are not locked, select all the cells then format, cells, protection, lock -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Alexan...

I use outlook at work. Can I check my outlook mail from my home ?
I would like to able to check my outlook mail from my home computer. Can this be done? If so how? "DKLI25" <DKLI25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:983617A4-A690-4B43-8C2F-01C62FBAC672@microsoft.com... >I would like to able to check my outlook mail from my home computer. Can > this be done? If so how? If "Work" will allow, set up NetMeeting. Allows complete access to your work computer. If using Exchange at work, ask the Admin about using Outlook Web Access... much safer and more secure than using NetMeeting, which only a few compa...

keep a running total of my formula results after each (F9)
How do I keep a running total of my formula results after each time the sheet is calculted, i.e. sheet total, F9, + next sheet total, F9, + next sheet total... etc Thank you I answered my own question. See about accumulators at >>>> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html "Souvien" wrote: > How do I keep a running total of my formula results after each time the sheet > is calculted, i.e. sheet total, F9, + next sheet total, F9, + next sheet > total... etc > > Thank you ...

Money Plus 08 SP1 & Vista SP1 "stopped working"
Money Plus Dlx 08 SP1 17.0.120.1415 Vista Home SP1 I now get power exits with a "stopped working" when selecting the Investments tab. Everything else seems to work OK. I suspect one or both of the service packs. Any ideas appreciated, Don 1. Close Money 2. Bring up Internet Explorer and go to the Choice page: http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/controls/setup.asp and choose the Basic Tools 3. Close IE, start Money and see if that resolves the problem. Alternatively in step 2 delete the moneycentral.msn.com cookie -Mark "dbl30569" <dbl30569@discussions.micro...

Macros within formulas
Hey all, Please let me know if it is possible to insert Macros in a formula. That is "if this condition is true, then run macro1 else macro 2". If the above is not possible, let me know a procedure for this. 1> I need to create a macro which i) Segregates all the users by their name. ii) Calculate the time taken for their work. iii) Create a report for the time frame taken for the task. Now the problem is 1) when filtered, and sorted, i) The time when subratcted from the previous task to present task works. But when the first user data is finished, the time shows neg...

Excel finance formula
How do I write a formula to record highest share price in cell B when entering daily (present) price in cell A. Starting condition is both cell A and cell B contain the same value. Cell B needs to retain highest price as the price from day to day changes both up and down. Much easier/better to record down a column rather than overwriting repeatedly in the same cell ? Assuming the prices are entered down in A1, A2, A3, ... then we could just put in say, B1: =MAX(A:A) to show the highest price -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "dermca" <dermca...

Does Microsoft CRM Mobile Express work with CRM 4.0?
Followed all steps in the CRM Mobile Express installation document but I keep getting an exception error message when I try to open the Mobile Home Page: (error details at bottom of page) Then, I applied a fix I came across on an internet forum which asked to change a URL line in Web.config files: http://localhost:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/CrmServiceWsdl.aspx instead of http://localhost:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/CrmService.asmx That did not work either. (made sure I refreshed web services etc..) Please help if you know of any workaround. CRM Mobile Express was written for CRM 3.0 - I'...

Formula Question #8
Hi, I have a list of numbers seperated by spaces [A]: Next to SOME of those numbers are other numbers [B}. The second set of numbers on the right represent hours. All data between two spaces represents a different day. In a third column [C], at the bottom, I want to total the hours that are in the second column, so I know how many hours were worked for each day. (As in parenthesis in the example below.) Is there a way to do this without using a macro? I hope this was clear. Thanks, CC A B C 4 4 5 2 6 (6) 2 3 3 (3) 1 7 2 (7) 2 3 5 6 8 7 5 (10) H...

File Print preview not working in existing code while compiling VS
I have some code which does some printing.It seems to work when you compile and run in visual studio 6 .While compiling and running in VS 2005 and clicking on the File print preview menu displays nothing.It just displays the original main frame window. In the Main app file the initinstance method is displayed as CSingleDocTemplate* pDocTemplate; pDocTemplate = new CSingleDocTemplate(IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(CDpqwinDoc), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainFrame), RUNTIME_CLASS(CDpqwinView)); AddDocTemplate(pDocTemplate); ...... ...

CRM services suddenly not working
I am new to Microsoft CRM but have been given the responsibility of administering it. This installation has been working since the old Administrator left a few months ago. All of a sudden when any one of my users tries to do anything in CRM, they get the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." This error pops up anytime accessing anything CRM related on the client side. (Accounts, Activities, CRM task, etc.). We use the Outlook connector for CRM. Looking through the event log on the server, this error is listed: MSCRM Platform ...

Cube formulas and Excel compatibility
Hi I have an Excel xlsx file that has many cube formulas (connected to local cube built in Excel 2003). I had had to send the file to someone but before that I had to convert all cube formulas to static values and save the file as XLS (2003). In order to convert the values I used the following macro: Option Explicit Sub CubeFormulasToStaticValues() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Dim mwksSheetItem As Excel.Worksheet Dim mrngCell As Excel.Range Dim msCellValue As String, msSheetName As String On Error GoTo ErrHandler For Each mwksSheet...

ActiveWorkbook.Protect password:=range("rangename") does not work
I am trying to have macro protecting a workbook, with a password specified by an administrator in one of the hidden worksheets. The cell in the hidden worksheet in which the password is specified is named, so I want to use the range name in the macro that protects/unprotects the workbook. It all works well when I try to unprotect the workbook, using the code : ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect password:=range("rangename"). However, I get an error when I try to protect the workbook with the code: ActiveWorkbook.Protect password:=range("rangename") The error message is: Runtime Err...

Wildcard not working in SumProduct Array
Hello: I am trying to accomplish a SUMPRODUCT (count as 1) if a line of data meets the following criteria: C=205 D=Australia F=Yarn G contains - H contains - I contains - M=zero Here's the formula I am using - most pieces are working except the portion regarding columns G/H/I: =SUMPRODUCT(--(C17:C65535=205),--(D17:D65535="Australia"),--(F17:F65535="Yarn"),--(G17:G65535="*-*"),--(H17:H65535="*-*"),--(I17:I65535="*-*"),--(M17:M65535=0)) I have tested it and it seems to work until I add the G/H/I columns with a wildcard ...

Password not working on one machine
This is very bizarre. I have an excel document that is password protected and can be open by everyone except for this one computer. It's saying that the password is not correct. It doesn't matter who is logged in so it tells me it's computer specific. I have tried a different keyboard, with no luck...any suggestions would be great. I used to walk over to a co-worker's desk and turn off the capslock button. Could it be something that simple? M. Lord wrote: > > This is very bizarre. I have an excel document that is password protected > and can be open by e...

Modify a formula
This is showing how much of a novice I am, but I'm learning. I need to change this formula so that it not only shows the message if multiples of 84 is not entered but if multiples of 61 is not entered into the same cell. Thanks. =IF(MOD(F21,84)<>0,"Qty in this Row is not in multiples of 84","") Hi! Try this: =IF(MOD(F21,84)=0,"",IF(MOD(F21,61)=0,"","Qty in this Row is not in multiples of 84 or 61")) Biff "Eintsein_mc2" <simonmerks@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:1127014192.905805.63830@o13g2000cwo.googlegrou...

Excel formula translator
Very nice formula translator for MS-Excel. Translates into 16 languages (including Google Spreadsheet) http://excel.applewood.nl/forms/3000/FRM-004/?frmTaal=EN NL, EN, DE, DK, NO, HU, CZ, ES, IT, FR, NO, FI, BR, PT, PL, SE ...

How can I turn of zooming so that users can't change size of work.
I have about 50 worksheets and the employees will be updating there own worksheet. Some like to change the size of the worksheet by zooming out which makes it hard for me to read. Is there a way that I can set the zooming to a specific percent and then no let anybody change it? Thanks, cwwolfdog I think I'd let the other users do whatever they found comfortable. But I'd have a macro that changed the zoom to what I liked -- I could run that whenever I wanted on whatever window is showing. Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myWindow As Window Dim wks As...

Formula help #3
Sheet1 has a name in A1 & a number in B1, name in A2 number in B2 and s on (numbers will continually be changed). On sheet2 I used =a or = and so on (the results of =a or =b are the names from sheet 1). Wha I want to accomplish is every time I type =a or =b and the name appear I also want the result from sheet1 B1 and so on to appear in the cel directly below. Not very experienced just learning. Looking fo help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ljsimm You post is a bit vague, but if you mean you want B1 on sheet 2 to match up with the name on Sheet 1. Try: =IF(...

NNTP feed not working in Exchange 2003
I just moved my office network from Server 2003 to SBS 2003. On my old network I had a newsfeed set up in ESM that pulled a few newgroups from an account I have at newshosting.com I can't get it to work. The public folders are created in Outlook but there are no messages coming in. The event viewer shows this: The virtual server 1 has completed an active feed from/to unlimited.newshosting.com. Status is FAILURE. I turned on logging but there is no error in the log. I set newshosting.com up in the Outlook news reader and it works fine so there is not problem with the service. Any id...

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...