formula change problem #2

The columns that the formula is referencing can change locations on th
spreadsheet, if a user inserts a new column.  To simplify the questio
I put the actual column numbers in the formula but actually I will hav
an integer defined that will hold the column number.   That integer wil
get populated by grabbing the column number from a named cell in tha
particular column.  I hope I explained that good enough.

I was using the offset's in the formulas because that is what I am mos
familiar with.  Can offset's not be used in formulas?

Is there a better way?

Thanks

--
cparson
cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

Excel button problem

Count If Formula #4

WCF Client serialization problem

New to excel

message delivery problems

Contacts in Exchange #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Problem with Range

Change position ID in HR

Having problem with spoofing email

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

Goal Seek #2

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

outlook 97 and express email problems