formula? #4

i am using a mail merge and i need to create special email address to be sent
via my online fax service...

the email address go as:

/fax=951-486-3760/name=Alan.Bliss@acumenfax.com

I have a fax number and a name in each row in the file i want to insert the
appropriate  fax/email address as above
1) how can i get this column to make this formula by pulling from collumn AO
(the fax number?
2) how can i get the name in row AZ to convert into the formula?
3) also the names in column AZ are in this format: Alan Bliss, i need them
to be in this format Alan.Bliss....  how can i exchange the space for a dot?

Please help and Thank you,
 I am using all 2003 office products, (by the way)
--Alan
0
Bliss (3)

1) =MID(AO2,FIND("=",AO2)+1, FIND("/",AO2,2)-FIND("=",AO2)-1)
2) =MID(AO2,FIND("=",AO2,6)+1,99)
3) =SUBSTITUTE(MID(AO2,FIND("=",AO2,6)+1,99)," ",".")

--

HTH

RP

"Alan Bliss" <Alan Bliss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i am using a mail merge and i need to create special email address to be
sent
> via my online fax service...
>
> the email address go as:
>
> /fax=951-486-3760/name=Alan.Bliss@acumenfax.com
>
> I have a fax number and a name in each row in the file i want to insert
the
> appropriate  fax/email address as above
> 1) how can i get this column to make this formula by pulling from collumn
AO
> (the fax number?
> 2) how can i get the name in row AZ to convert into the formula?
> 3) also the names in column AZ are in this format: Alan Bliss, i need them
> to be in this format Alan.Bliss....  how can i exchange the space for a
dot?

> Please help and Thank you,
>  I am using all 2003 office products, (by the way)
> --Alan

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
12/2/2005 9:58:32 AM
Hi,

If Column AZ contains names (e.g., AZ2 contains Alan Bliss), and Column AO
contains the fax numbers (e.g., AO2 contains  951-486-3760), and you want to
create the e-mail address in the format you have shown (i.e.,
/fax=951-486-3760/name=Alan.Bliss@acumenfax.com) in a new column, use the
following formula in Row 2 of the new column.

="/fax="&AO2&"/name="&SUBSTITUTE(AZ2," ",".")&"@acumenfax.com"

Now you can drag the formula down the new column to create the e-mail
addresses for the names/fax numbers in other rows (e.g., Row 3, 4, ......)

My apologies if I haven't understood your question correctly.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Alan Bliss" wrote:

> i am using a mail merge and i need to create special email address to be sent
> via my online fax service...
>
> the email address go as:
>
> /fax=951-486-3760/name=Alan.Bliss@acumenfax.com
>
> I have a fax number and a name in each row in the file i want to insert the
> appropriate  fax/email address as above
> 1) how can i get this column to make this formula by pulling from collumn AO
> (the fax number?
> 2) how can i get the name in row AZ to convert into the formula?
> 3) also the names in column AZ are in this format: Alan Bliss, i need them
> to be in this format Alan.Bliss....  how can i exchange the space for a dot?
>
> Please help and Thank you,
>  I am using all 2003 office products, (by the way)
> --Alan

site #4
http://marxxx.altervista.org/main.html ...

Reading Pane #4
I have a user who does not like the way the reading pane displays. He would like the reading pane to display the message will be printed. Is this possible??? Thanks. TJM No... the reading pane display can't be changed to the print view <thos_moran1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1134138206.505361.17910@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a user who does not like the way the reading pane displays. > > He would like the reading pane to display the message will be printed. > > Is this possible??? ...

About Fixed Asset of Great Plains 4.0
Hello Do anyone have experience on Fixed Asset of Great Plains 4.0? What form is needed to run? FAN.dic? F309.dic? An error message prompted as Form Not Found Alexis Chances are you are trying to access a customized Form, or the Fixed assets dictionary is not loaded in the dynamics.set file. The .set file is easy enough to check. To check the other, create a new user without a user class and see if the same error is generated. "Alexis" wrote: > Hello > > Do anyone have experience on Fixed Asset of Great Plains 4.0? What form is > needed to run? FAN.dic? F309....

Add text to formula?
I have this formula kindly given to me in one of these Excel ngs: =COUNTIF(E:E,"You Won!*")&":"&COUNTIF(E:E,"You Lost*") The challenge is that any custom text I add to the cell formatting doesn't show up in the cell. Would it be possible to add something like this text below to the above (but also including line breaks)?: **************************************************************** Score --------- You:Computer = Formula result of: =COUNTIF(E:E,"You Won!*")&":"&COUNTIF(E:E,"You Lost*") *********************...

Creating macro for slightly complicated formula
I'm really new to the whole macro business so I really need help. I'm trying to create a macro to solve this equation D =(Sum from 1 to Nt ((X - Xmean)^2/Nt))^0.5 ......I hope it's clear. I don't know hope to format here. Anyway, I have a range of Xs that are Nt in number and Nt is unknown so it will have to be found first and this has to be in the code. I'm trying to avoid having another column containing the values of (X - Xt)^2/Nt. I just want D to be displayed in a designated cell, like F2. This code will be used for multiple workbooks, all the data al...

Adding formatting to inline formula..
Is there a way to merge text and a cell value such that the cell value has a particulat format. For example, suppose I want to display the following in a cell: Less 5% of (contents of another cell) = I could put something like the following in the cell: ="Less 5% of " &A1 "=" However, is there a way to format the inserted value from A1 as bold or italics or a particular number format? TIA, -GHB Bold,italic etc will not work in a formula but will in just text. In the formula bar, just highlite the desired and format as desired. But you can use TEXT (look in help...

How suppress chart points
I want to suppress chart points for a cumulative line graph of monthly telephone costs where the particular month's values have not yet been entered but there is a formula in the cell which currently returns null but will return the value once it is posted on the accountmaster sheet. Hi, Use NA(). The will cause the data marker to be omitted. Note the line will be interpolated between valid data points. Something like this, =IF( <test> , <value> , NA() ) Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "sarcastix" <sarcastix@di...

Show/Hide Functions/Formulas
For some reason the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+`) does not toggle show/hide function. Selecting Tools>Formula Auditing>Formula Auditing mode works fine. I am wondering if it is because I have regional (keyboard) settings set to UK English Extended. I know the `(grave) key works and have tried it with both Ctrl keys with no luck. Help please. "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:73972258-4ADC-4E40-B17B-A4E64E2B4B7F@microsoft.com... > For some reason the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+`) does not toggle > show/hide function. > > Selecti...

Formula to get date from text string
This is what the cell currently looks like: [10/01/09 11:30PM] I would like the formula to return only: 10/01/09 Does anyone know what formula I should use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! Sara Here's one way: =3D--MID(A1,2,8) though this will only work if the date is in the normal format for your region (does it mean 10th January 2009, or 1st October 2009 ?). A safer way might be: =3DDATE(2000+MID(A1,8,2),MID(A1,5,2),MID(A1,2,2)) or: =3DDATE(2000+MID(A1,8,2),MID(A1,2,2),MID(A1,5,2)) depending on the answer to my earlier question. ...

Is there a formula result that will not appear on a chart
I would like a chart that updates for daily sales statistics over the course of the month without dragging a formula, such that I enter the day's sales, and the chart updates for the new day (to be viewed against a target line). I do not want the chart to show the "zero" value for days which have not yet occured. I tried using a formula, but all formula results register on the chart (i.e. if the formula result is blank, or space, or a word, the chart plots a point at zero). I need it for a cummulative sales number day by day. Thanks! Jon Peltier has information on c...

IS size increases by 4-6GB in a day
Hello, We are using Exchange 2000 Server. The Maximum size limit for Exchange Database is 16GB-18GB. We have some 550 e-mail users and all of them have been allocated 5MB only. The maximum size of a mail that any user can send or receive is 3MB. What happens is, sometimes once in a month or so, the size of the Exchange Database suddenly shoots up by 4-6GB in a single day and it reaches to its maximum limit. Thus, we have to shutdown our Exchange Server and do Offline Defragmentation. What is the reason for sudden increase in the database size in a single day? What might be wrong?...

Excel - 2000 or 97 conversion
Sorry, right, let me try an clear it up. Situation is: At the moment a user can click on a data validated cell and a dropdow list appears. There are three options, which all bring up a selectio of different cells. (Change event). The selections then contain mor data validated cells. This works fine in excel 2000+ but obviously, no 97. I need to find a way of making this possible. I have tried debr dalgleish's example, but can't get the cells to work. Hope thats helps Andre -- ajw15 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ajw150's Profile: http...

Exchange in Recovery Mode #4
I'm SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. When a user opens outlook while on the network we get this message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode. Have looked all over and can not find an answer. Thanks, Dwayne Sun Communications Inc. On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:29:21 -0800, Sun Communications <dwayne@suncommunicationsinc.com> wrote: >I'm SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. When a user opens outlook while on the >network we get this message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode. Have >looked all over and can not find an answer. > >Thanks, > >Dwayne >Sun Communi...

Money Plus Deluxe #4
I converted from Quicken. My first backup worked. Now when I try to backup, the program goes through everything up to compressing the file. At that point it shuts down with the msg.: "Money has encountered a problem and needs to shut down". What do I do now? I've added a lot of things since the first, successful backup (5/22), so I'm not prepared to go back to it. In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote: >I converted from Quicken. My first backup worked. Now when I try to backup, >the program goes through everything up to compressing the file. At that point >...

Formulas over multiple worksheets
Is it possible to apply a formula to multiple worksheets? The scenario a user has 52 worksheets, one for each week of the year. In A1 of th first worksheet, she's entered a date. She'd like to use a formula t title A1 in each of the 52 worksheets like A1+7, A1+14...etc. so sh doesn't have to enter 52 titles -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Well,my stupid way goes like this: On Sheet2, A1, enter: =Sheet1!A1+7 On Sheet3,A1,enter: =Sheet1!A1+14 ... The initial time can be done manually or via vba codes(sorry I don' know how), but afterwards, she can change al...

Sum formula that stays constant
What I would like is to have a format that a date will be entered into A1. Cell A2:A... will have what will be the number of items that came in at a certain point of the day. In cell C2 I would like it to use a count formula if the date is whatever is in A1 and when the date in A1 changes, I would like the summed data to remain in C2 if that makes any sense. Thanks for the help. Todd "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a2f01c3afa4$c9fc7a50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > What I would like is to have a format that a date will be > entered i...

CPropertySheet #4
I have a wizard based on CPropertySheet and CPropertyPage. Everything works fine except that the PropertySheets have roughly a 1" margin on the left, right and bottom. I would like to make the pages use more of the sheet's area. I have looked through MSDN for anything that would allow me to control the margins, but I'm not seeing anything. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks, Steve ...

How to write this 4 condition nested formula?
I'm trying to figure out how to write a formula to satisfy the followin multiple conditions: If cell v4>1 and cell x4="FR",-1 and If cell v4=1 and cell x4="FR",3 and If cell v4>1 and cell x4="CL",2 and If cell v4=1 and cell x4="CL",-3 So I have 2 cells I'm working with here and 4 conditions that I want t assign: either a -1,3,2, or -3, depending on whether the user types th text FR or CL into cell X4. Thanks and happy holidays. Fran -- bort ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bortz's Profile: htt...

Removing formulas
I have 2 worksheets, on worksheet 2 I created figures by using formulas using refrences to the other worksheet (worksheet1). I now need to use the new figures on worksheet 2 to create a new worksheet using different formulas to create yet a different set of figures. Every time I try to use the new formula on worksheet 2 it just puts a 0 in the cell and says something about Circular formula. I have tried to copy and paste the worksheet into a new excel window but it just copies the formula with it. I want to be able to get rid of all the formula on wsheet2 but still leave the figures...

Why am I getting #VALUE! when working with a TIMEVALUE formula?
This formula is working on other pages within the same workbook, yet it does not work on a newly inserted worksheet. NOTE: this orginial workbook was created in an early version of Excel (95 or 98), now using 2000. Hi what is your exact formula and what is in the referenced cells? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany TIMEVALUE ERROR wrote: > This formula is working on other pages within the same workbook, yet > it does not work on a newly inserted worksheet. NOTE: this orginial > workbook was created in an early version of Excel (95 or 98), now > using 2000. The for...

Spinning beach ball of death in word 2004 and OS X 10.4.2
Hi, It happens quite often, that Word 2004 (SP2) on OS X Tiger locks up for several minutes and sometimes longer. I can't say why and when it happens because almost everything can provoke it. Just changing to another font or sending a document to print can result in a spinning beach ball of death. It's really annoying. I have deleted com.microsoft.Word.plist inside ~Library\Preferences but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem, so what can I do? -- Regards Madsen Hi Thomas, There is a known bug in MacOS that deals with fonts that can cause this to happen. Apple and Mi...

i edit a formula (excel) then it displays formula not answer
i edit a formula in excel then the cell no longer displays the answer but the whole formula, why is this happening and how can i fix it? 1. make sure formula does not start with an apostrophy '=A1+B1 will not compute 2. make sure cell is not formatted as text. Pull-down Format > Cells... > Number General -- Gary''s Student "caiman" wrote: > i edit a formula in excel then the cell no longer displays the answer but > the whole formula, why is this happening and how can i fix it? Saved from a previous post... Excel likes to help. Try this on a...

Some text shows in the formula bar but not in the cell.
To anyone who can help me: Occasionally I receive an Excel attachment with an e-mail were some of the text in some cells appear in the formula bar but not in the cell itself. Would greatly appreciate assitance . . . "George M." <George M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20CE2E58-492B-48A7-82B9-E60B6887F703@microsoft.com... > To anyone who can help me: Occasionally I receive an Excel attachment with > an > e-mail were some of the text in some cells appear in the formula bar but > not > in the cell itself. Would greatly appreciate assitance ...

Excel formula to increment the month by 2?
Dear friends, In an excel worksheet, in a cell I am having a day, say for example 03-May-2005 or 03-05-2005, In another cell I have to increment only the month by 2 i.e from 03-May-2005 to 03-July-2005 using a formula. What formula should I use? thanks, Thirumalairajan. Hi =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,DAY(A1)) gives the correct result, most of the time. It is incorrect if you had 29, 30 or 31 December in A1, as it would give dates in March rather than February for all three dates when the result is a non-leap year, and for the latter 2 when the result is a leap year The following ...

mail format #4
i have outlook 2002 and sometimes not all the time when i receive emails, i open it and nothing is there, but if i change the format of the email to plain text i can then see it. i received 2 emails this week that were in rich text format when i open them there is nothin there, but when i change it to plain text i can view it. anyone know why? If you make a selection in the mail do you text then? If so the text is white -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create ...