Formatting Subtotals #2

When using  Data, Subtotals to create subtotals in a detailed spreadsheet,
how do I set the format so that all subtotal lines are bolded and are
followed by a specified number of blank rows?
0
SLH (11)

One option -

Collapse the sheet to show only the subtotals, then select visible cells
only (F5>Special>Visible Cells only)

Then Bold those cells and, instead of adding empty rows, make the subtotal
rows taller and format them with the vertical alignment at the top

"slh" wrote:

> When using  Data, Subtotals to create subtotals in a detailed spreadsheet,
> how do I set the format so that all subtotal lines are bolded and are
> followed by a specified number of blank rows?
0
DukeCarey (494)

having a problem with a combobox #2
not sure what you mean Dave. this is the code i have. perhaps it is the way it is created and save as CLng. I have tried different codes but none work. All the other comboboxes o the form work fine, but they all are alphabets. this is the only numeric. and the only on with a problem. on the initialize, it creates a new jobnumber in textbox1. and fills a combobox with jobnumbers created in the past. the form allows to create a new or open a past job. Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Dim mydate As Date Dim wb As Workbook Dim rng As Range Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.Scr...

outlook and exchange #2
Hi, I am running winxp pro and outlook2002 connecting to exchange2000. One machine will not let me open the mail folders and says the user doesn't have permission. however, different users on the same system have no problems and the logon credentials work on other PCs. App log also shows no errors. Any ideas? Thanks folks are u using the MAPI account ? "mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2d01c3af55$3f2312d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am running winxp pro and outlook2002 connecting to > exchange2000. One machine...

Line column on 2 axes
Hello, I am running Excel 2003. I am creating a line column chart on 2 axes. Revenue is on second y- axis; headcount on first y-axis. Headcount is grouped into a number of categories (13). I would like to have each of the 13 categories as a stacked column. However, when I try and stack the 13 categories, it works only as far as the 6th value. Can anyone suggest a solution. Thanks Don't use the built-in chart type. Use all of your data to create a stacked column chart. Select a series that you want as a line, go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and select a line type. Repeat for a...

ESEUTIL #2
can i stop all services except Internet Mail Service in exchange 5.5 to run eseutil? "Jorge Vera" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >can i stop all services except Internet Mail Service in >exchange 5.5 to run eseutil? No. The IMS requires that the Information Store be running, and ESEUTIL requires that the IS is stopped. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

How to draw a selection line? #2
I want to draw selection lines with 1 pixel width dotted line style. normally it works ok, but the it looks not very good when I zoom the image to a bigger magnification. What I want is like the effect in many popular image processing softwares such as Adobe Photoshop. for example, I make a ellipic selection and draw a dotted line ellipse it looks ok. but when zooming in it still the same as normal ,but in photoshop it became aliasing lines which seems to be composed by several small blocks. Does any have any idea on this question?? any help would be appreciated. ...

How does MSCRM 1.2 handle conflicts in synchronization w/ Outlook?
I know that MSCRM in v1.0 is "last in wins". Is this the same with v1.2? Thank You, Do Do wrote: > I know that MSCRM in v1.0 is "last in wins". Is this the same with > v1.2? Yes. -- J�rgen Beck MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT MCP CRM Application/Installation/Customization www.Juergen-Beck.de ...

use data on master worksheet for sorting #2
The data is a list of people, the projects they are working on, th completion date, who they work for, their skill set, etc. My manage wants this data sorted several different ways ie by skill set completion date and manager. Several different people will be updating the data and I don't want t rely on them to copy and paste it to the additional worksheets the sort it properly. I saw some VBA code on this site that copies from multiple sheets t one sheet. How would I copy one sheet to multiple sheets then sort th data every time it is changed -- cwjoh ----------------------------...

Conditional Formatting for Entire Row
Hello: I am trying to setup conditional formatting to format the entire row based on the contents of a single cell in that row. Specifically, if PercentCompleted column says "100%" then format the entire row in Strikethrough. Any assistance greatly appreciated. - Nordic Select the entire set of rows to format. Then Format>CF>Formula is: =$G8=100% Assuming Column G is PercentCompleted column. Not the $ sign which locks the column reference but not the row reference. Format to Strikethrough and OK your way out. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:30:02...

Transfer inventory in #2
Hello, Its possible to import data from a mobile scanner in a Physical Inventory count. But is it also possible to do that in an Transfer inventory in or Purchase order, without a outgoing transfer or purchase order? One of my clients asked for this, because he receives many products without an order. And don't wan't to fill it in per hand. Hope somebody can help me. Kind regards. Raymond Bakker The Netherlands. Again, it went wrong again.. This post can be closed -- Kind regards, Raymond Bakker ReBuS b.v. The Netherlands "Raymond Bakker" wrote: > Hello, > ...

Printing #2
I am right now developing a software that have an option to print a bill.Bill ofcourse needs specific structure.How can get it done.My software needs to get values from a database and the print it.I am able to get values from the database and display it in a dialog.Now i want to print this value.How can i do it.Thaks in advance.Send me the code if you have .Thanks. jeevan jeevan, Take your pick: http://www.codeproject.com/printing/ Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:eqNgcR$aEHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl....

print a long list with 2 columns
I have one long column of data. Is there some way to have it print out in 2 "columns" per page? Like in Word, if I have a long list, I can set it to have 2 columns to accomplish this. Any similar Excel features? Bucky, have a look here for a way to do it, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm If you're not familiar with macro's, see "Getting Started with Macro and User Defined Functions": here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups...

Returning Formatting on a Lookup
I have a named range with values containing special formatting (i.e., underlined initial letters, bolding, etc) that I would like to have returned to another range based on a lookup(key) value. The lookup is successful (using VLOOKUP) however, the special formatting is not returned. Both field are text fields. Is there some way to perform a lookup and have the formatting returned as well as the value? You would need a macro to "look back" and copy the format from the source to the destination (vlookup() result). -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "K...

Convertion 2
forgot to say, I need a formula for column 'D', many thanks Don't fragment your question, stick to one thread. -- HTH Bob Phillips "melo" <melo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOy0f8PjFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > forgot to say, I need a formula for column 'D', many thanks ...

Adding up 2 columns
Ok, the subject line might not be accurate... I have a spreadsheet with worksheets for each month that we track the sales of several people on. I want to make a grid that outputs the count of each type of transaction, but seperated by name. For example John Jan Feb A 4 6 B 7 18 Jane Jan Feb A 4 6 B 7 18 In a prefect world I will code all but the results, and the results would update automatically. Is there any easy ways to do this? What does a typical "month" sheet data layout look like? best wishes -- Bernard Lieng...

Microsoft money 2003 #2
I am looking for Microsoft money 2003, is it available and where? In microsoft.public.money, Jason Robinson wrote: > I am looking for Microsoft money 2003, is it available and where? > Have you tried your local stores? Some still have it. Hurry. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3619881632&category=41849&rd=1 "Jason Robinson" <jrrobinson@rogers.com> wrote in message news:dKDUa.51224$vz%.4062@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I am looking for Microsoft money 2003, is it available and where? > > ...

Macro in excel #2
I am using Record a macro option in Excel. I had successfully recorded a macro in which the reports that I wanted from various sheets like sheet1,sheet2,.... are copied in one single sheet. I want that single sheet which contain all the reports that I needed to be in a new excel without other sheets and the macros that I have created. The option i have tried while recording a macro is that, I just right-click on the sheet tab and then create a copy and then move to a new workbook. But it doesn't work. Please let me know how I can extract that particular sheet out of the excel with ...

PSDKs for VC6 (2/2003) and VC7 (4/2005) at the same time?
Hi, I could have sworn I had seen this question answered before, but in searching this AM, I couldn't locate the proper answer. I have a need (for the short-term) to have both VC6 and VC7 on the same machine. I've read that the installation of VC6 prior to VC7 is required. My question revolves around the Platform SDKs. It seems that the Apr 2005 is an upgrade to the Feb 2003 PSDK. Is there a process to be able to keep both PSDKs and set the environment for the VC I need? Thanks for your answers. Thanks, -Vin develop wrote: > My question revolves around the Platform SDKs. ...

leading zeros as a cell format
Hi All, I have an issue with formating cells. I have a permit number that has leading zeros sometimes, so I must display them when entered. I have tried 0?-??????? and 0#-####### but no luck. Heres is what my permit number look 01-2345678 & 02-8765432. thanks, Dave Format as text. "Dave" <davidstevans@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4c0dd9d3-5785-44cd-9d1b-a5f0d2280e28@u16g2000pru.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I have an issue with formating cells. I have a permit number that has > leading zeros sometimes, so I must display them when entered. I have &...

File already opened and is locked for editing #2
Hi, I have a user that has a number of Excel spreadsheets - each time he opens one now he gets the message that the file is already open by username and is locked for editing but he does not have the file open. What could be the reason for this. Thanks. ...

Format in if formula
I want to use the "if" function and change the format (color) of the cell if the outcome is true or false. Please help ...

coping formula #2
I am trying to copy a formula down a column. When I copy the formula down I want the cell to be blank until i fill out the cells to give me my balance. My three columns are Debit / credit / balance. My formual reads : f7(balance column)+e8(credit column)-d8 (debit column) when i copy the formula down form my balance column it gives me the balance in every cell. I would like for it to be blank until i fill in my debits and credits. I hope you understand the way i wrote this thanks much -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200803/1 =IF(...

Format of pasted language
I have Word and Outlook 2007. In Word, I use Times New Roman Font, 12 pt. When I paste content into Outlook, it comes up in Cailibri, 11 pt. As far as I know, there is no element of Calibri in my Word document. How can I get the TNR to stay TNR in Outlook? Thanks for the help. George Lutz You can make TNR 12 pt the default font in Outlook. You can go to Tools then Options and click on the Mail Format tab. "George Lutz" wrote: > I have Word and Outlook 2007. > > In Word, I use Times New Roman Font, 12 pt. When I paste content into > Outlook, it comes up in Ca...

*EASY* question 2!!
BlankAnd as a second thought. In my A column I need to set it out like this HH:MM (AM/PM) with *no* date, just the time. How could i achieve this? Sorry for my questions but this is the first spreadsheet I have ever attempted Thanks in advance -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" Hi again! Select column A. Go to Format/Cells and click on Time (on the Number tab). You can then select which type of time format you would like. Hope this helps. Andy. "Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in mes...

Payroll Connect file format
Does anyone have the file format that is used for payroll / gl data when it is imorted into GP via Payroll Connect. We would like to import our non-ADP payroll data into GP by exporting it from our payroll system in the same format that ADP uses so that we can use the Payroll Connect tool. All we need is the file format! Thanks Don't know if you can do that, the ADP file is generated in a goofy format from ADP. Then it's sucked in from there. I think there's a guide, but not sure. You are much better off using Integration Manager for something like this. Mike "Dave_...

Debug Multithreaded DLL and Multithreaded DLL #2
Hi, I got a runtime error at the fstream read function each time I use Multithreaded DLL, when I change it to Debug Multithreaded DLL, my application works fine. I just want to know how can the runtime DLLs affect the work of a standard function like fstream->read!!!, any proposed solutions are welcomed. Cheers, Haider Tarik ...