formatting problem #5

How can I get Excel to change to colour of an entire row when I enter
data in a specific cell?

ie

If I have data in the cell range   A1...G1 and then I enter data in H1
I want Excel to change the colour of the entire row to indicate that
the task is complete for that row, but still leave the data readable

Thanks in advance

--
srv5uk
srv5uk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25006

Hi
It sounds like you need conditional formatting (from the Format menu). Do
you need a specific entry in H1, or just anything?

Andy.

"srv5uk" <srv5uk.1rt9yg_1120759569.2656@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:srv5uk.1rt9yg_1120759569.2656@excelforum-nospam.com...

> How can I get Excel to change to colour of an entire row when I enter
> data in a specific cell?
>
> ie
>
> If I have data in the cell range   A1...G1 and then I enter data in H1
> I want Excel to change the colour of the entire row to indicate that
> the task is complete for that row, but still leave the data readable
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> --
> srv5uk
> srv5uk's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25006
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385314

0
Andy

New entity
when i attach a contact to an account i have an option - to choose an account from the list, or to create a new one. but i dont have this option when i work with two custom entities (1 to many relationships). only to choose from existing when i want a assign a primary entity to a secondary one. is there a workarround? this way makes me press much more buttons in different forms. i have secondary objects already created due to my business proccess, so i need to go to the primary entity, create an object, then to go back, to open a secondary one and to attach the primary one to it. thanks ...

Problem terminating plink under Windows
Hello, I am using plink to establish an SSH session with a host. I have developed some Windows code to manage the plink session. I am using CreateProcess to start plink and various read/write commands to communicate with plink. I've tried to terminate plink with the commands to send a Control C or Control Break to a session. That hasn't worked. I've found an obscure note on another program that states the problem may be that the progam (plink) does not have a console. At the moment I've resorted to calling TerminateProcess to end plink. The documentation states Termin...

Exchange (unofficial) service pack 5
During 2003 in an effort to correct an Information Store Hung Thread, while stopping the service, in Exchange Server 5.5, I was provided, by Microsoft, a partially developed Exchange SP5. As I indicated the official Exchange SP5 was never released. I am trying to help a coworker who is restoring old data from Exchange 5.5 back-up tapes. He needs to install the appropriate Service Pack for the restore to work, and I am trying to locate the unofficial Exchange SP5 to help him. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >During 2003 in...

Problem with Excel add-in and .NET
I have developed an Excel add-in for a customer. The add-in enables users to retrieve data from a database by using WorkSheet functions defined in the xla file. The xla file has references to a .NET component (.dll). To be be able to use the component from Excel I have used regasm.exe to create a type library (tlb file) The User writes in a cell =Quote('31/12/2009';'MSFT') and Microsofts stock quote shows up. These functions are heavily used in a excel workbook. Since the spreadsheet is big and there's a lot of data to retrieve, it takes about 20 seconds to op...

Performance problem in Vista Windows explorer if /SWAPRUN:NET is set on an executable.
I have rather big executables (about 25-35 MB). Because I want my users to easily execute my application, I don't want them to install a bunch of DLL's, just xcopy-install is OK for me (and my customers). Because my software is often run from a network drive, and my customers' networks are not always reliable, I link my executables using the /SWAPRUN:NET option. This guarantees that the whole EXE is loaded in memory before the application starts, and prevents crashes if the network connection is dropped while my application is running. This worked fine so far, BUT ... under...

CRM 3.0 Install Problems
We're trying to upgrade a dev instance of CRM 1.2 to 3.0. It gets partway through the installation before it fails, giving this error message: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Execution of a full-text operation failed. The parameter is incorrect. Looking at the log, it looks like this is where it fails: 15:00:38| Info| Disable full-text indexing 15:00:44| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution of a full-text operation failed....

Conditional Formatting for a certain month
Having a bit of an issue at the moment, ive got the Cell for instance A1 Which contains 04-Jan-06 Basically Im after some conditional formatting to say if the month is January, then make the cell blue. Which will then lead to me making the other cells different colours depending on their month, but again, it has to be in this format (DD-MM-YY) Thanks for any help, muchly apreciated Assuming a properly formatted date, formula is =if(month(a1)=1) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Advo" <max_mischief@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1158151582....

Rich Text control formatted as bold??
I have a control field on my form that is setup as textformat = rich text. In the memo field on the form I need specific parts of the text to show up as bold. Upon form load I am populating the field with string data such as: Me.MyTextBox = "This is a test string generation." I need to set bold only one or two words of this string. The way I understood it was that if I was using Rich Text format it would convert the formatting to HTML style. But I don't see and havent found examples HTML formatting like [b] [/b] working in VBA. What is the correct way I can do t...

conditional formating #4
I have an annual report spreadsheet comprised of 15 rows (1 - 15) and 5 columns (A - E). In columns "B" and "D" I add numbers from the current year, leaving future year cells blank. I highlight in yellow the blank future cells in columns "B" and "D" by a conditional format "formula is = ISBLANK(B9)". I leave past year cells in "B" and "D" with numbers but no highlight colors. I wish to highlight in green the current year numbers in columns "B" and "D", which will always be a cell above the firs...

Date Problems
Dear Microsoft: Since we all know that the cost of a 1st class stamp is going to go up, I thought I would plot the cost over time. http://www.nonprofitmailers.org/tools/ratehist.htm 1. I formatted a column as DATE, but the 3 dates prior to 1900 that I entered as x-x-xxxx were not recognized by Excel as dates. (??!!???!). When I reentered them as x/x/xxxx Excel recogized July 1, 1885, but not the other 2. (Huh?) 2. So then I charted the dates and the costs as a line chart, the costs are displayed ok. The dates are displayed on the x-axis, but the dates are equidistant. That's...

formatting of txt file
Hi, Can anybody can help me in in formatting the below data for me The below data is coming in a txt file and i need the data in a excel file However when i put in excel i am not getting any structured form I need the Reference mentioned against the numeric value in the separate column as heading and the data below should come below the heading. I have tried, but i have to a lot of manual edit after formatting. 1.Emplyoee name bsdcbasdb hbvabfvas 2.Date 12-12-09 3.Address Dettails 12/2 main street City - bvauisdbc Pin code- 1100154 4. Department snbvsivnsvn oihbvis...

Open Spreadsheet--Formatting Changed to Date??
I opened my spreadsheet and some, but not all of the columns on every sheet in the workbook has changed to a date format. I opened other spreadsheets and there was no change. Can anyone explain this. It's a real pain to deal with. ...

big problem *(no save ...
.... i don't know where else to tern. my vista wun't save files when i delete a file then restart it cums bck. been a it ovah 2 months.hlp pls. -- sid .... i don't fuckin' care -- sid ...

Problems with Excel and User Capabilities
When I try to set up user accounts with access to only certain programs I run into a problem. We have installed MS Office v.X and I allow the applications Word, Powerpoint, and Excel to run. Word and Powerpoint run fine, but I get an error when starting Excel. When I start Excel up a window pops up saying "A unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Mircosoft Framework X library." I can hit OK and it returns to the program where everything seems to function normally. Has anyone else encountered this or have any advice? In article <#YTu5dWcDHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP10....

Outlook 2002 shutdown problems
I am running Microsoft Outlook 2002 with sp2 and I noticed that at times as many as 10 copies of Outlook are running simultaneously. To show this I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and look under the Processes tab in the Task Manager. I also have trouble receiving email from my ISP. It resonds many times with the server disconnected. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Outlook Express Spell Check problems
I have installed the following configuration WINDOWS XP home ed Outlook Express Office 9 Spell check in outlook returns with: Error has occured .. What's wrong?? ...

Exchange 5.5 #18
I currently have a Windows 2000 Server box that is part of it's own Domain (this box is for testing purposes) I installed Exchange 5.5, but I am currently having troubles using outlook to connect to it to test if email works properly. I have set up a user in the AD Users/Computer, and configured a mail box within Exchange 5.5, is there someting I'm missing, when I goto Outlook, and click the send/recieve button, I keep getting the logon username/password box, I enter the username and password, but no luck. I also have configured the internet mail connection to default, if I'm miss...

COUNTIF using formatting?
Here is a basic example of what I'm trying to do: I have a list of football teams. Each week, I format the football teams that won with red font. Is there a way to find a count of those teams formatting in red and display that number in my worksheet? I know an alternate way around this would be to have a win/loss column and do a COUNTIF based on the values there. But I'm wondering if there's a way to do it based on the formatting instead of the values. Nicolle K. wrote: > Here is a basic example of what I'm trying to do: > > I have a list of football team...

Stop Excel Changing Format
In Excel I want to just show a date as dd/mm in a cell. Every time I enter this Excel shows the number in dd/mm/yy format, even when I change the cell to use the General format. Any idea how I get Excel to show the number as I want? Format as dd/mm -- David Biddulph "Chris762" <Chris762@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B2CD-5096-4EB5-8FFF-249AD6839774@microsoft.com... > In Excel I want to just show a date as dd/mm in a cell. Every time I enter > this Excel shows the number in dd/mm/yy format, even when I change the > cell > to...

Problems with Money 2005 file in two different computers
I upgraded to Money 2005 from 2004 (have been doing this since Money 97 without a problem), installed Money 2005 on my notebook, updated it to be compatible with the one on my desktop... BUT now when I try to open my money file on the notebook I get this message: "The place you are trying to reach only functions in the Business version of Money, and can't be used in the version you are using now. If you want to use this place you will have to upgrade to Microsoft Money Small Business." What place???? I don't want to go any place!!! All I want to do is use my money file (it ...

Font format of rich edit ctrl in dialogs, Help!
Hi, I have used a lot of rich edit ctrl in my dialogs (I am sorry that I haven't use edit ctrl instead) and I found one problem now. The text displayed initially in the ctrl (set by DoDataExchange()) has different font format with the text which users type in later. Any experienced people can tell me the functions to make these two font same? Otherwise I think I will have to change about 100 rich edit ctrl to edit ctrl besides a lot of codes. Thank you a lot. -- Best regards, Kelvin ...

Problems with hyperlinks in outlook and vista
My hyperlinks in my emails were working fine until yesterday when I decided to give Google Chrome a try. I didn't like it so I went through the correct process of deleting it. After deleting it, when I try to click on a hyperlink to go to a website or even within other Office programs and my Vista links to go online, I get an error message that says "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator." Well, I am the administrator on this computer. I did a restore and it still did not fix it. Someone please ...

Help with Date format
I want to enter dates into a worksheet like this: January 25, 2001 And i want to get excel to display the date with the following format: 1/25/01 I have tried using a date format from the format menu but it wont display the date like i want! It will only display the date as I typed it in. Thanks to anyone who can help. :) It appears you're typing the date into a cell formatted as something other than General. 1. Delete the current contents of the cell. 2. Format > Cell > Number tab. Choose a date format. 3. Now key in the date into the cell. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Or...

Problems when person reply to my emails
When persons reply to my emails they are not delivered. The persons get an undelivery message Wayne What type of e-mail account is it? If it's pop3 then in Outlook make sure that in the account settings the e-mail address supplied there is correct. The e-mail supplied in that box could be anything, as long as it's valid, and this is the address the person will see and also reply to. If there is a spelling mistake in that then it won't be delivered Hope that makes some sense. Let us know how you get on Regards Ash. Hi - not enough info to go on. What kind of mail account? What...

exchange server 2003 instalation problem(setup stop at config for registry of Miscellaneous Atom).
Hello: I've tried to install exchange server 2003 on my computer(operating system is that windows 2003 evaluation verson, installing on NTFS file system, other disks is FAT32.), but when it config for registry of Miscellaneous Atom, it stop there waiting, and do nothing again. How can I resolve this problem? The following is the log file' content for exchange server 2003 evaluation verson: ....... [02:26:28] Configuring registry entries for Services Atom [02:26:28] Entering CRegistryManager::ScProcessFile [02:26:28] ++++ Starting interpreter on file d:\exchange 2003\e3eevaeng\setup...