Formatting Phone Numbers in a Merged Cells...

If I want to merge a "Company Name", "Phone Number" and a "Fax" number into
1 cell (for use in a drop down box), is there a way to maintain the 10 digit
format for the phone/fax numbers?

The phone/fax #'s appear as a string of 10 digits when they are merged, and
are hard to read.

Currently using a formula like this: =A3&"   Phone: "&B3&"   Fax: "&C3

I am tired of trying to get it to work, and can't seem to find the answer
here.

Thank you in advance!

0
Steve3367 (862)

One way:

    =A3 & TEXT(B3,"""    Phone: ""000-000-0000") & TEXT(C3,"""    Fax:
""000-000-0000")

In article <5287B927-550C-4CC5-B662-E50CC997150A@microsoft.com>,
 "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> If I want to merge a "Company Name", "Phone Number" and a "Fax" number into
> 1 cell (for use in a drop down box), is there a way to maintain the 10 digit
> format for the phone/fax numbers?
>
> The phone/fax #'s appear as a string of 10 digits when they are merged, and
> are hard to read.
>
> Currently using a formula like this: =A3&"   Phone: "&B3&"   Fax: "&C3
>
> I am tired of trying to get it to work, and can't seem to find the answer
> here.
>
> Thank you in advance!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
12/22/2005 11:22:34 PM
Thank you very much!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> One way:
>
>     =A3 & TEXT(B3,"""    Phone: ""000-000-0000") & TEXT(C3,"""    Fax:
> ""000-000-0000")
>
> In article <5287B927-550C-4CC5-B662-E50CC997150A@microsoft.com>,
>  "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > If I want to merge a "Company Name", "Phone Number" and a "Fax" number into
> > 1 cell (for use in a drop down box), is there a way to maintain the 10 digit
> > format for the phone/fax numbers?
> >
> > The phone/fax #'s appear as a string of 10 digits when they are merged, and
> > are hard to read.
> >
> > Currently using a formula like this: =A3&"   Phone: "&B3&"   Fax: "&C3
> >
> > I am tired of trying to get it to work, and can't seem to find the answer
> > here.
> >
> > Thank you in advance!

0
Steve3367 (862)

Date format issue when submitting from a userform to a spreadsheet
Hi, I have a userform that I've generated which routes dates onto a spreadsheet based on the users input. I am having a bit of a frustrating time with the dates, it would appear that in the process of moving the date from the userform to the spreadsheet some dates are switched/transposed. I'll give an example. If someone enters 09/02/2004 on the userform excel seems to look at 09 and assume it is a month and transposes the dates to 02/09/2004(this does not appear to be a US/UK format issues as I have already gone down that road). However, if the date 13/09/2004 is entered i...

Excel 2003 extract repeating cells

cell looses name after sorting
Can someone help me with the following problem in Excel 2000: in a table I have attached serveral cells with unique cell names, the values in these cells are used in other sheets. the problem is that when I sort the table, the cell names stay in the original rowposition; they are not sorted! while their values are. So Cell names get different values, and other calculations on my other sheets get messed up! How can I make the cell names relative instead of absolute? thankx in advance, Jim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "jimfx >" <<jimfx.109zcv@exc...

Payroll Batch Number
Is it possible to obtain the batch number of a transaction after it has been posted? I have been asked to create a report for our payroll department that lists the batch number in addition to the transaction detail that is contained in UPR30300. Thank you, Jeff Majchrzak No, the batch number is not available for reporting. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jeff Majchrzak" wrote: > Is it possible to obtain the batch number of a transaction after it has been > posted? I have been asked to create a report for our payroll department that > lists the bat...

Custom cell formatting
I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like this. I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially alpha character. Can anyone help me?? -Monica, Dallas 000000 000001 000002 .... 000009 00000A 00000B 000010 000011 ...... Monica something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character Regards Trevor "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message news:#SD0tUzTEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to create a custom format for a series ...

Cannot Delete Phone Call / Emails in CRM 4.0
We upgraded to CRM 4.0 from 3.0 and have had very few issues apart from bringing some customisations through. The only issue that is still outstanding is that a couple of phone calls and emails for each user is coming up with this error:- "The requested record was not found or you do do not have sufficient permissions to view it." What we would like to do is physically delete these records as they are no longer needed as this is not happening on any new entries. Any help or pointers on this would be great, thanks in advance ...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Formatting
I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible in Live Mail. Nope. I'm afraid that's only possible using Outlook. In WLM you have to use the built in editor. Is there anything in particular that's lacking from the built in editor that you're looking for? Colin Brown WL MVP "jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EC21892-D39F-4219-AB0F-47BC14E1CD36@microsoft.com... > I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible > in > Live Mail. "...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

Excel devides every number by 100
Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and adding loads of work to my project. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <kings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48A39EFC-2D09-420F-B2DF-6EF5C0DB6109@microsoft.com: > Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) > and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell > format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and > adding loads of work to my project. > ...

format a CD
Hi, how can I format a cd+rw re writeable disc aga ...

find match then change cell value

Getting same number to appear over and again
Hi. I'm trying to change the E's I have entered in a column to 1's. However, in lieu of changing them one by one, I would like to do them all in one fell swoop. Any suggestions? John Hi John You could use find and replace. Select all of your data. Goto Edit>Find Find what:- E Replace with:- 1 HTH Martin John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel ...

Repeat statements "x" number of times...
Hi All, I have the following code at the end of a long macro: Columns("D:D").Find(What:="total").Select ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(RC[-1]-RC[-2])" ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "0.00" ActiveCell.Font.Bold = True With ActiveCell.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 End With What I am doing is when the word "total" appears, it will go to the cell 4 columns to the right, and then do a formula and format the cell. Question: How can I get this to repeat itself for eac...

Remove format link?
Is there a way to remove the format link between fields in Modifier? Help just shows how to set it and the usual stuff doesn't seem to be working. ...

Detect cell colour
I have spreadsheets where 5 cells have general titles and have different background colours. In other sheets, dozens of cells list topics and are also colour coded to show which general title they refer to. I need to tabulate information so that a row would contain three cells: the general title, a topic and data about it. Is there a command that returns the colour of the cell background, so that I could use this to select the correct title to accompany the topic? Hi, Yes there is: FontC = Worksheets("Planning").Cells(<Row>, <Column>).Font.ColorIndex Interi...

Merging Projects ?
Hi, again, I created two dialog projects in a single workspace. My intent was to merge them into a single project (the main dialog from one being called from the other). The idea being that, by having both projects merged into a single entity, the data transfer is possible between sections. Although I took care to have resource.h use an independent set of values, (even IDC_MAINFRAME vs IDC_MAINFRAME_II), I have been stymied by the two independent resource (.rc) files (only one is allowed). My current solution is to use ShellExecute(). Is there a way I can add one dialog to the othe...

merging data
Hi all:) I'm new to this forum and to to Excel (2000) and not sure that I'm asking this question correctly but here is what I'm trying to do. The data on my work sheet is pasted from another sorce and includes information: name, ref #, time, date. I use this information looking up the status of an order and enter a "status note" in 5th (last) column. As the day progresses, the source that the data comes from is copied and pasted under the current list I already have going and much of the data on the lower list is a duplicate. How can I merge the to list so that I hav...

Word doc format
I tried to email a word attachment written on office for mac 2008 home version, but the recipient couldn't open the doc. recipient using windows xp. rlciii@officeformac.com <rlciii@officeformac.com> wrote: > I tried to email a word attachment written on office for mac 2008 home > version, but the recipient couldn't open the doc. recipient using windows > xp. If they don't have a recent version of Windows Office, they may not be able to open a .docx file. Choose File > Save As and save as a .doc file. -- Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois adamb@lull.org | Finge...