formatting or moving a radar chart's axis labels

I am attempting to change the orientation of a radar chart's axis
labels. Its orientation seems locked in place immediately to the left
of the 360=B0 gridline. I would like the ability to display the axis
labels directly over the range rings and along other gridlines, such
as 180=B0 or 270=B0.

With other charts, the formatting option allows one to select "high",
"low", or "next to axis" to change the position of the axis. This
maneuver seems to have no affect whatsoever on a radar chart.

As a final resort, I suppose I could turn the axis labels off and
manually place text boxes on the chart, but I prefer to seek a better
solution first.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cheers,

icystorm

How do i copy conditional formating formulas from 1 row to rest
I have got conditional formatiting set up to highlight an entire row when a field says OVERDUE ie. Formula is =$N$4="OVERDUE" When N4 is overdue How do i set this conditional formating for every row in the workbook without writing each one manualy Change $N$4 to $N4. Then you can copy the cell and paste special formats to the entire workbook. "Rizlaburn" wrote: > I have got conditional formatiting set up to highlight an entire row when a > field says OVERDUE > ie. Formula is =$N$4="OVERDUE" When N4 is overdue > > How do i set this condit...

Hyperlink axis or plot
Is there a way to create a hyperlink to the axis or to a data point? If so, how? Describe in more detail how this hyperlink will work. Where is the link to be clicked on, and where does it take you? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rominall" <Rominall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3949ADC-08C6-4E9A-A128-7F4806EFE86C@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to create a hyperlink to the axis or to a data point? > If so, how? Bar graph w/ people's names as x axis. Each pe...

Charts switch from 'Series in Rows' to 'Series in Columns'
I use VBA to create charts in Excel 2003, but find that sometimes the Charts switch 'Series in Rows' (intended) to 'Series in Columns' (not intended), even if I have specified 'Series in Rows'. This happens intermittently, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I do save the workbook as Microsoft Excel 97 so that a user with Excel 2000 or Excel 2003 can use the workbook. Thank you for any suggestions. Hard to tell if you keep the code secret. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Peac...

How to Arrange Data for Chart
I charted the following data in a clustered column chart. Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 FY07 - Total 167 23 20 43 81 FY08 - Total 178 22 40 26 90 These are total department errors segregated by levels for each fiscal year. There are 3 different departments involved. What I did was just total the errors for each FY and each level. Now my boss wants to see how many errors were performed within each level by Dept A, Dept B and Dept C and compare the 2 fiscal years. I hope I’m explaining...

How do I un-"Group" my workbook; cannot see entire pane or move/re

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

Conditional formating of Charts
Hi, I have a scatter chart and need to conditionally format points and associated labels for each point. The condition is not related to the data series to which the chart is linked. Let me know if there is any specific VBA code for doing the same. You can reach me at krishna.guha@citigroup.com There are some non-VBA suggestions here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html To change some points of a series or some series in a chart based on a known criterion, you can adapt one of the macros in this post: http://www.google.com/groups?selm=3F4B8D49.3080508%40yah...

Merging Charts
Is there a way that I can merge Excel information into Publisher as a graph specific to each entry. I am trying to take several peices of information specific to a variety of people and merge that information into a document, making make pie charts for some of that information for each person. ...

Time formats
I am creating a template which requires the user enter a time (not present time, flight times), for example the user will be listing a number of flight arrivals and departures and what I want to do is have the user simply enter something like 804p and have the cell display it as 8:04 pm. I have looked at some custom formats and nothing seems to be able to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Tracey ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ See http:...

graphs charts
Can I decide what the graph scale can be and be constant for all the graphs I want to make for excel data In article <09F59A13-D91B-4114-8155-815B0135155B@microsoft.com>, MICKO@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can I decide what the graph scale can be and be constant for all the graphs I > want to make for excel data > Assuming the axis of interest supports numeric data, double click the axis then select the Scale tab. The rest should be self-evident. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office producti...

excel charts and graphs
I want to assemble several pages of excel charts and graph in the form of a poster without printing them out. THOR ...

Color transitions in a chart
Hi I am creating a chart to plot some values but would like to have the background of the chart to start red in the upper right, transition to yellow around the middle and then green in lower left. The values I have represent High, Medium and Low risk items and would like the chart to represent these with the background color when I plot them. Hope this makes sense. I appreciate if you have any suggestions. Thanks In article <089EA19B-10D5-4AA4-8B34-D57CA46C0007@microsoft.com>, Sboone wrote: > Hi I am creating a chart to plot some values but would like to have the ...

XL2007
I have a spreadsheet that uses the following sequence to scale the y axis of an X-Y scatter graph with lines drawn between points from VBA and it works perfectly in all previous versions of Excel. It fails with XL2007 rather catastrophically. The main spreadsheet was imported from XL2003. I have looked in the KB and archives here and not found any other reports of this problem so I don't know if it is something peculiar about this particular installation or what. It is reproducible in a toy chart in pure XL2007. The failing lines are; ActiveChart.Axes(xlSecondary).Select ok = Applicati...

automatic formatting
i use microsoft outlook calendar for all our daily appointments. i do not want to have the highlight feature. when i ask the assistant, i do as it says, but i cannot click the automatice formatting (it is gray and will not allow access) how do I get automatic formatting so that I can get rid of the highlighting and add color thank you ...

How do I put Excel data into a US map format?
I want to feed Excel data about population and trends into a map format instead of a bar graph or pie chart. Is there a plug-in or some such thing that I can use that works with Excel? Ultimately, I want to have each state depicted by a color code for a range of population or an amount of certain data. I am using Excel 2002 in a Windows XP environment. ...

Conditional Formatting #N/A to show white

Conditional Formatting
Is it possible to format a portion of a text string within a cell (as opposed to the entire cell). For example, I would like to format the word 'gift' in red font anywhere it a appears in range C2:C417 but only that word, not the entire cell. Not with conditional formatting. But you could change the actual format for that word (or group of characters)... Saved from a previous post (or two!): If you want to change the color of just the characters, you need VBA in all versions. You want a macro???? Option Explicit Option Compare Text Sub testme() Application.ScreenUpdating ...

text boxes that label axes in line/scatter graphs
I tried to use "SAT-M" as y-axis label, but "M" was cut off (actually went to second line that could not be seen). I tried every trick I know to lengthen the text box, to fit label on one line. Hi, The only way to length chart textboxes is with more text. But at some point more text will cause the content to wrap. The charts textboxes do not have the ability to be sized manually even though the bounding box and grab handles would suggest otherwise. Try adding a few spaces or even non-breaking spaces ALT+0160 (Numpad) Cheers Andy Peg wrote: > I tried to use &qu...

Dialog text only updated on mouse moves
My PreTranslateMessage() function has code in it to update some of the text in one of my dialog boxes. It works, but instead of updating it every second, it only udpates the text when my mouse is moving or clicking. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thank you! Well, that's becuase PreTranslateMessage gets called only when there is message in the queue for that window. Instead use a timer. See OnTimer (WM_TIMER) AliR. <PloutzMR@Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil> wrote in message news:1154456910.215194.170930@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > My PreTranslateMessage() function has c...

No updating of Excel chart
Hi. Is there any way to prevent excel from updating charts? I'm having some problems with one chart when I try to unhide or delete some rows that ARE NOT inside the series data, but the chart allways keep wrongly changing the data rows. When i try to unhide the rows, the series expands to the number os rows that was unhided. When i try to delete the rows, the series all became #REF's. Repeating: the rows that i need to delete are CONTIGUOUS to the data series and ARE NOT inside the series. I've checked this thoroughly. If someone have any ideas, I would be immense...

Labels not printing zip codes
I am doing a simple mail merge from other peoples excel lists...when I print the lables, many of the zip codes show as a zero on the label. I notice a green comment error corner and by ignoring the error, the problem goes away but what causes this to begin with? If I highlight the whole column to format as zip codes the boxes do not go away. If I correct and then copy the data to a new sheet the new formatting does not save. Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge rig...

Pivot Chart Filter
I have two Pivot charts that compare similar data and have them displayed side-by-side. When I change the filters in one chart, I want to apply the same filter for the other chart. Is there a way to have one Pivot Chart Filter Pane control two or more Pivot Charts without having to click each chart and change to filter for each one? ...

Move downloaded transactions to another account?
For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct account. Is this possible to do in Money 2008? in 2007 right click on the transaction and copy and paste to different account, not sure about 08. "Noozer" <dont.spam@me.here> wrote in message news:%23JYlJMq3HHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared > in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct > account. > > I...

Display of 3D bar charts...looking jagged??
Is there anyway to get around the way excel displays 3D bar charts.....they look the edges of the bars are not smooth they look like a child drew them with broken lines....I cut and paste these charts into Powerpoint and my boss presents these presentations to clients via email attachments and the clients get to see how rough the bars are.....any ideas? Thanks in advance...oh, and good working with you all! Do you make the charts in a new work sheet ? I never had that issue in xls, but when copying too small pics/charts into ppt, they will be distorted when resized. Using a new worksh...

Emails moved from Sent Items to subfolder moving to Deleted Items instead
We have a problem where a couple of users are moving emails from their Sent Items to folders that are subfolders of their Inbox. However, random emails are moving to the Deleted Items instead. The users have no rules set up, and there is no limit on mailbox size for users. I know it's easy to dismiss them as having made a mistake, but one of the users is pretty competent and has in fact had this problem in the past. Has anyone experienced this problem? ...