Formatting date fields after export

I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other
applications. The data formats to "yyyy-mm-dd" and cannot be modified unless
I double-click on each field. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And
what solutions would you suggest?
0
Raymond1 (40)

It is probably seen as text,
select the imported dates, do data>text to columns,
click next twice, under column data format select date and YMD
click finish

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Raymond" wrote:

> I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other
> applications. The data formats to "yyyy-mm-dd" and cannot be modified unless
> I double-click on each field. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And
> what solutions would you suggest?
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
11/30/2004 8:05:04 PM
If reentering the value in the cell (doubleclicking, then hitting enter) works,
maybe you could just select that range and do:

Edit|replace
what: - (dash)
with: - (dash)
replace all

If that doesn't work, maybe replacing the dash with a slash would work.

(I usually use Peo's suggestion.  But this should be quicker (if it works)!

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to select distinct combinations of 2 fields that can be the sa
Hi everyone, I'm working with a table that has origin and destination fields. I'm trying to figure out the amount of flow between 2 locations. For example: amount from CA to NY + amount from NY to CA. While I can get the calculation to work correctly, in my query it returns Origin: NY Dest: CA 1234 Origin: CA Dest: NY 1234 The 1234 is the correct total of the amount going from NY to CA added to the amount going from CA to NY. I'm trying to figure out how to only show one of the two rows. Thanks for any help you can provide. Amy Post the SQL of your query. -- KARL DE...

Payroll Manual Checks taking user date and not check Date
Hi everybody, I am facing a problem when posting the Payroll Manual checks, it's taking the user date as the check date and not the check date itself. Anyone who can help on this issue. Thanks, -- Khaled ASK Mr Khaled, I tested the scenario which is stated by you in Fabrikam company. I entered a manual check with posting date (01 April 07) on Batch Entry Windows, which is the check posting date in General Ledger. My Userdate is the (12 April 2007) and My Check Date is (10 April 07) i posted the check and its all fine. The Checkdate is exactly the Date i give for Check, My Post...

Cond Format: Expiry Date Alert
Does anyone know how to solve this one? I have passport expiry dates and I would like to conditionally format them so that 6 months before the passport expires, the cell containing the expiry date changes red. Thanks -- ChrisTMI ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ChrisTMI's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10342 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=481899 use conditional formatting "ChrisTMI" wrote: > > Does anyone know how to solve this one? > > I h...

How to format cells in upercase entry
Hi I read the post for this question (8/8/2006) and Gord Dibben's answer works great. Original Question: I need to format a column so that all cell force any text entry to uppercase. Gord Dibben's Answer: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column > 8 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub This code allows all columns up to column 8 (column H) to be affected What I would like to know is can I nominate a p...

breakdown adresses into separate fields
I have a table of about 12,000 addresses containig a Street No, street name and a suffix (ave, dr, etc). Can I break this into separate fields? (there are also some two-word street names which, of course, have a space between the two words.) I need to puul the street # up to the space into a field, then the suffix following the last space into a field leaving the remaining street name in a field by itsself). How can I accomplish this feat?? thanx - d On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:50:00 -0800, David# <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table of about 12,000 addresses...

Setting an Icon Set conditional format for a single cell???
This is my first question here and I'm pretty new to Excel, but I have a question about the Icon Set conditional formatting. From what I understand it's intended for use of a range of cells. However, I have a single cell that I want to display 1 of the 3 light icons for based on a certain condition. For example, this cell is a percentage. If the percentage is greater than 80%, display a green light. If the percentage is greater than or equal to 60% but less than or equal to 80%, display a yellow light. If the percentage is lower 60%, display a red light. Steps that I've done so ...

Date Format #17
I would like to convert a date that I've input from another program. When I input it I get 'Aug-28-2008. I want it to just be a regular date - so it would be *8/28/2008 if I were to select it in Format Cells. It says that I have General as the Category selected. When I switch it to Custom - nothing seems to happen. Any suggestions? First create a small table in the worksheet: Jan 1 Feb 2 Mar 3 Apr 4 May 5 Jun 6 Jul 7 Aug 8 Sep 9 Oct 10 Nov 11 Dec 12 and assign the name: nmths to the table. Then, with your data in A1, try: =DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),VLOOKUP(LEFT(A1,3),mnths,2,FALSE...

Date validation #3
hello everybody, i am new to excel , and i want to format a particular cell such that it accepts a date and the date should BE ONLY SATURDAY. If the date is not saturday a message box should appear and say "please enter the correct date". Please let me know step by step.As i am not comfortable using excel. Thanx, Ragini. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Ragini, Use Data Validation, setup a custom criteria, and use a formula of =WEEKDAY(A1)=...

Date column Numbers Changes To Lines
Hi, I have excel 2003 and when I try and slide the date column over to get ride of the seconds in it, I get garbled lines. How can I slide it over to get ride of the seconds & keep the lines from showing up & keep just the date. Gary -- highbid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- highbids's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3007 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49751 Format the cells as Date, choose one of the example dates. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "highb...

Excel 2007 Formatting loss
HI , I have a Excel file which is Saved as Macro Enabled (2007) with formattings ,it Contains Some input cells. when we updated those input cells and Save it after re-opening the excel file the some of the Formating are gone Can anyone help me on this Thank s in Advance What types of formatting are lost? Do you have any event code that may be doing the deed? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:24:03 -0800, gan49 <gan49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >HI , >I have a Excel file which is Saved as Macro Enabled (2007) with formattings &...

Fields in SOP10100
Are the fields SIMPLIFD, GPSFOINTEGRATIONID, CORRNXST in SOP10100 used by Great Plains in any of its business logic. I want to use these fields for my customized needs but do not want to change values if they are used by Great Plains anywhere. What are you going to do with them? From the SDK: Simplified: Flag to indicate that this transaction is a Simplified transaction. GPSFO Integration ID: Great Plains Front Office only. Holds the primary key of front office records that are integrated to this record. Correction to Nonexisting Transaction: Flag to indicate that this transac...

Conditional Formatting
Using conditional formatting in a group of cells, I know how to make the highest number appear in bold type: =MAX($C$14:$C$23), then format BOLD. Is there a way to apply this condition to a chart? thanks Atom, It can be done via an event macro. If you're willing, we can give you some code. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "atom" <slkdjfs@asdfa.net> wrote in message news:3FB130AE.AF630C10@asdfa.net... > Using conditional formatting in a group of cells, I know how to make the > highest numb...

Date Format Doesn't Work
Vista Business, Office 2007. On one Vista of my three machines (2 Vista, 1 XP Pro SP2) date formatting does not work. I have tried a blank sheet. I have tried the other 2 machines they work both with blank sheets and with the a sheet saved on the problem machine. I have run repair without any improvement. Still the date will not format. With the Ctrl+; shortcut the date appears as set in regional settings. This has occurred (and started) within the last two weeks. (Sorry I don't recall exactly when the problem started. Any suggestions? TIA I'd try formatting the cell as Gene...

Date formating for sorting
I have a genealogy data sheet and one column contains dates. I have formatted the column various different ways showing month/day/year, etc. If it is possible, I want to sort the column by year first, then month & day. Is that do-able? Thanks in advance. That's the way dates should be sorted. Maybe your data isn't really dates???? Or maybe you just need to specify ascending or descending???? - Butch wrote: > > I have a genealogy data sheet and one column contains dates. I have > formatted the column various different ways showing month/day/year, etc. &...

date of service collumn on invoice
is there a way to add a 'date of service' column to an invoice or is this 2004 small business software that lame??? thanks ...

Date Auto Format #2
Hello. Until today, I have always used an excel auto format that seems to have stopped. Prior to today, if I selected a cell and formatted it as a date, I could then type 0826 and hit tab, Excel would then auto format the cell to read 08/26/04. Today, if I type 0826, the auto format changes it to 04/05/02. Please help. Thank you. Hi no way to prevent this. Also are you sure that your first entry really produced thzis outcome. Without VBA this is NOT possible. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Katie wrote: > Hello. ...

Get the max value of a column given the current date (this is hard!!!)
Given: a1: current date (ex: November 2, 2004) b2: 11/1/04 c2: 11/2/04 C3: 1 C4: 2 a2: Reject Definition a3: stain a4: dent How can I have the max value of a column having the current date and have its reject definition? Let's say I want to place the max value a b8 and its reject definition at a8... please anyone help me on this! this work is really making me crazy! need a computer wiz to get this work out!!!! waaah!!! -- Shadow_Otix ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shadow_Otixz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=geti...

Unable to Export Data from GP to Excel
We're having a issue when a user attempts to export data from GP to Excel he receives an error message that: "Unexpected Error; quitting" Checked the event logs on PC, nothing present. Running GP 8.00g34 and Excel 2000. The error occurs when the user clicks on SmartLists, highlights any account and then clicks Excel. I reinstalled GP w/ IM and reinstalled Office 2k and patched it. The user is still experiencing the same issue. I did notice that when I open Excel I get and error message stating that: "C:\Pr.....\Integration Manager\Add-In 2000\IAXLAddin.xla coul...

CRM SFO Quote Template Custom Fields Wont Merge
In creating a modified version of the CRM SFO Quote.dot file the custom fields we created in CRM show up with standard (merge) fields when added to the template, but don't merge along with the standard fields when the template is sent to merge. What could we be doing wrong? What might we look for? On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:19:00 -0800, "Darryl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In creating a modified version of the CRM SFO Quote.dot >file the custom fields we created in CRM show up with >standard (merge) fields when added to the template, but &g...

Export OL Express address to Outlook 2002
Hoe do I import my address book from outlook express to Outlook 2002. File > Import and Export... > Internet Mail and Addresses -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Grmuller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03b501c48b0b$b243b7a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hoe do I import my address book from outlook express to > Outlook 2002. ...

Export Access Data Project Queries to old Access .mdb file
I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb file. What is the best way to do this? In the new .mdb go to the menu bar, click file, Get external data, and Import. Select the orignal .mdb file and then the items. >-----Original Message----- >I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb >file. What is the best way to do this? >. > ...

Format and Flags
I have a collegue who uses flags for his emails. I Outlook 2007, when he flags an email as complete, a strikethrough appears over the email as it is listed in the inbox. He doesnt remember how he set that up, it would be quite useful for me, and I can not figure out how to do it. Thank you for any guidance. Paul What type of email account does he use? He probably used automatic formatting in the view - right click on the row of field names and choose customize... then automatic formatting. Create an new automatic formatting rule that when an item is flagged complete, the font is for...

BCM and custom fields
I have a question regarding Business Contact Manager. Some other postings (mostly over a year or two old) say that custo fields cannot be added to Accounts in BCM. But that it was on th short list of items to be included in future upgrades. (ie http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=73662) However, using the method below, it seems as if somehow I can add field...but I just cannot access a way to view to it. What is th latest word on if I can add a custom field to an Account? -Just as in regular OUTLOOK, your can create a custom field by going t the View menu, go to Arrange By, click...

Mail Merge and conditional formatting Word 2007
Need some Help.. My disconnects mainly pertain to the use of e-mail merge in Word 2007. The data file I need to use currently resides in an Excel spreadsheet because of the need for several formulas. I can merge most of the data successfully with the exception of: =B7 Multiple rows of data per e-mail. =B7 Cannot edit individual e-mails prior to completing/sending the merge. (This is possible with a regular letter merge, but cannot do this with e-mail merge) =B7 Merging conditional formatting icons (if this is even possible, I don't know) We're using OnMa...

Replace million-billion number format to lakhs-crores format
How do i put comma in a number in lakhs-crores format rather than i million-billion format as lakhs-crores format is prevalent in Indi -- Sumi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Sumit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2952 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49219 Googling on "lakhs-crores" gave me http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/5020a.asp as the first link, which gives a macro that may do what you want. Andrew Sumit wrote: > How do i put comma in ...