Formatting Cells in Excel 97

Hi Guys,

Sorry if I sound real stupid but is there anyway that we
can control the column formatting in Excel 97 like let's
say column A = GENERAL(6), column B = GENERAL(4), column C
= TEXT(18) etc?

Appreciate any form of advice, thanks!!
0
daryl.ho (1)

I replied in the programming group. Are you seeking a programming
answer? It's usually best to only post to one group, and include the
remark "Please tell me if I should ask this in another group."

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:56:47 -0700, "Daryl" <daryl.ho@tnt.com> wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>Sorry if I sound real stupid but is there anyway that we
>can control the column formatting in Excel 97 like let's
>say column A = GENERAL(6), column B = GENERAL(4), column C
>= TEXT(18) etc?
>
>Appreciate any form of advice, thanks!!

Custom Formatting for Dates
Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same cell. Think that is what I need. Using custom formatting: yymmdd and making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify). Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ## is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text??? Thanks a1 11/2/05 b1 =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd") you will get b1 051102 ==================== "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89817178-868E-4E3C-9946-6A1E93B0080F@microsoft.com... > Is there a man...

Excel 2007

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

move cell contents

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

formula based on format

How do I use traffic lights in excel

formating date from general2 custom
I have an input xls file with the date but like this: Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 I need to have just following format dd/mm/yyyy I tried to format it using Format->Cells->Date or Format->Cells- >Custom but this is failing. Nothing changed. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Vlad <vladimir.vaynshtok@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1013b138-352b-4799-81ba-9508b74a1850@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have an input xls file with the date but like this: > > Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 > > I need to have just following format > > d...

Excel Problem

Excel DNS query