formatting cells #8

I am trying to formatt the cell to show a L##.## (eg K34.9)
Have gone into format, cells, then custom or special.
Don't know how to change the special type and can not
figure out how to enter formula in custom.  Can this
actually be done?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
if you just want to use a fixed character in front of your values you
may enter the following in the custom format:
"L"#.00

just type this within the inputbox for this category. Not sure what you
mean with 'enter formula'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

tm wrote:
> I am trying to formatt the cell to show a L##.## (eg K34.9)
> Have gone into format, cells, then custom or special.
> Don't know how to change the special type and can not
> figure out how to enter formula in custom.  Can this
> actually be done?

0
frank.kabel (11126)