Formatting Cell problem

Hello guys, I have one frustrating problem. I copied a table from Amsouth
Bank and pasted it into Excel. I then wanted to do some calculations. No
matter how i formatted the cell whether Number or Currency the number always
appeared on the left hand side and would not calculate. Number are supposed
to be aligned right.  Any suggestions. This is frustrating!

Thanks!
0
Jacob (28)

Hi
- select an empty cell and copy this cell
- select your imported numbers
- goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello guys, I have one frustrating problem. I copied a table from
Amsouth
> Bank and pasted it into Excel. I then wanted to do some calculations.
No
> matter how i formatted the cell whether Number or Currency the number
always
> appeared on the left hand side and would not calculate. Number are
supposed
> to be aligned right.  Any suggestions. This is frustrating!
>
> Thanks!

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/3/2004 5:54:19 PM
"Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello guys, I have one frustrating problem. I copied a table from Amsouth
> Bank and pasted it into Excel. I then wanted to do some calculations. No
> matter how i formatted the cell whether Number or Currency the number
> always
> appeared on the left hand side and would not calculate. Number are
> supposed
> to be aligned right.  Any suggestions. This is frustrating!
>
> Thanks!
Select the cell, hit F2 (edit), and type "=" (without quotes) before the
number and "*1" after it. This forces XL to regard it as a number. If it's a
whole block of such cells that are playing up, copy the top-left cell to a
blank area of the worksheet (or to a fresh worksheet) and amend the formula
to something like "=A2*1". Copy this down and to the right as far as
necessary. Then Copy this block and use Paste Special Values to paste it
back to the original range. You can then delete the range/worksheet where
you copied the original range.

0
Ian

Prevent clicking on a cell

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

if cell is text move left one column

Problem with CFTPConnection

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

Problems migrating users from E2K to E2K03
Having problems when I try to move a mailbox over to Exchange 2003 server from a Exchange 2000 SP3 everything seems to go fine other than the fact that now when sending e-mail I receive "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address." I have no problems when I create a mailbox for a user on the E2k03 box, but when it comes up to moving a maibox it does not seem to go as smooth. Stumped Al Hi Al, It sounds like some of the attributes for the user...

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Separating Date and Time in a cell

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Format for credit card numbers

request to solve my problem #5

Automatic changes in cells

Varying format
Is there any way to format a cell differently depending on the number of decimal places typed in? What I need is a minimum of 2dp but 3 if the typed entry matches. eg 1.2 appears as 1.20 and 1.234 appears as typed. TIA Ian Hi! Try formatting the cell with a custom number format such as 0.00## Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27494 "AlfD" <AlfD.1f5q6o@excelforum-nospam.c...