Formats of Imported Data

When importing from Crystal 8.5 into Excel 2000, formats such as percentages
and dates cannot be readily updated.  I have to enter the format needed and
Copy / Paste Special Formats to get the correct format.  Is there an easier
way?
--
Hudd
0

Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hudd wrote:
> When importing from Crystal 8.5 into Excel 2000, formats such as
> percentages and dates cannot be readily updated.  I have to enter the
> format needed and Copy / Paste Special Formats to get the correct
> format.  Is there an easier way?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Custom Format time to arc
I'm trying to find a symbol to Format/Cells/Custom, a symbol that represents the max value of 360�. I know "H" is equal to the max value of 24 hours, "m" is equal to sixty minuets and "s" is equal to sixty seconds, this [h] will roll hours over past 24, and I know to format cells like this h� m' s.00\" but these symbols represent time not the arc of 360�. I want to convert arc to time and time to arc with the symbols in costum format, I don't think this is possible, is it? Am I doing this backwards? Should I be working with a formula or a combina...

Conditional Formatting 03-29-07
H Everyone, I have been playing around with conditional formatting. I Have a few text boxes with shading if certain items are entered. Now I want the first 3 fields in my subforms to be shaded if a record is started. I can get the shading to work but I have the next record showing below the current record that is entered. Those fields are also shaded, I only want them to shade if there is anything entered in any of those 3 fields. Is there a wild card to use so if anything is entered so the other 3 fields will shade? Thanks, Linda Linda, I am not 100% sure I understand what y...

Can I set a filter on the source data for a pivot table
I want to exclude certain records from a pivot table... i.e., Buy/Sell Quantity B 5,000,000.00 S 5,000,000.00 B 1,000,000.00 B 10,000,000.00 S 7,000,000.00 B 500,000,000.00 S 200,000,000.00 Only inlcude "B" records. Can a pivot table be set up to filter? Thanks ChrisP You could add the Buy/Sell field to the page area of the pivot table, and select B from the dropdown list there. ChrisP wrote: > I want to exclude certain records from a pivot table... i.e., > > Buy/Sell Quantity > B 5,000,000.00 > S 5,000,000.00 > B 1,000,000.00 > B 10,000,000.00 &...

Formating Bars based on the value of a bar
I have created a bar chart in an access report. I want the bars to change color based on the value of the specific bar. For example, if the value of a bar is less than 1, it is red, if it is between 1 and 5, it is yellow, if it is greater than 5 it is green. How can I do this? Seems like an easy problem, but I've just spent a couple of hours playing with this and I can't make it work. The problem is that the Value property of the points in the SeriesCollection is not exposed in the VBA interface. It certainly exists (eg. with the chart in design mode, if you hover the mouse...

importing .xml
How can you import a .xml file into Excel 2002 such that it will make use of the corresponding .xsd? If you simply open the .xml, the data, column headers, etc are not properly formatted for strings that appear to be numbers, dates, etc. Tx for any help. Bernie Yaeger To make Excel use your XSD, you must first attach it to the spreadsheet as an XML Map. You can do this through Data > XML > XML Source..., then click XML Maps... and select the XSD file that corresponds to your XML. For a good example of how do this, see the Office Online article "Turn around expense reports ...

Data import for custom entities
Hello I created a new entity (CRM 3.0) and i'd like to import a big amount of data for this entity. Unfortunately the import wizard is useable for accounts, contact, leads and campaign responses only. Have anyone an idea to import data for custom entities? Thanks a lot If you can't find any other ways to import data to custom entities, you probably will need to use Scribe or C360's import tool. Scribe have a data migration license for 30 days for as little as $500 I believed. Hope this will help. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 30, 10:28 am, Gerd Gott...

BSOD in RtlStringCbVPrintfA() when using %wZ format specifiers on XPSP3
I get a BSOD when using this func with the UNICODE_STRING format specifier %wZ (the bug is actually in vsnprintf. when the UNICODE_STRING is empty. ie, a valid buffer (zeroed or unzeroed makes no difference) with the Length and MaximumLength set to zero. Now I know these specifiers aren't documented, but they exist, and are well known, and used. This is the crash: 0: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ****************...

Report Card-like format
I don't know the best NG for this questions, so I guess that's why they've got excel.misc <g>. I have a simple table of data like this: Date Field1 Field2 Field3 7/14/2003 123 254 75 7/15/2003 201 10 124 7/16/2003 215 258 2 7/17/2003 78 8 89 7/18/2003 125 186 582 7/19/2003 254 45 257 7/20/2003 200 199 89 The table is always the same size, but the data changes as the days go by. What I'd like to do is have the table look like a card. Sort of like a report card or other. My idea is a rectangle ...

Cells formated as text do not always display properly
I am using Office XP and Windows XP. I have formatted a column of cells as text and word wrap is checked, horizontal alignment is Left, Vertical alignment is Bottom. I use these cells to type a short narrative. The problem is some of the cells will not display properly, all they show is ######. The row height will expand to hold the text sometimes but not always but it will still only show ######## instead of the text I typed. If I change the cell type to General all the text is visible. This does not happed to evey cell, only some of them. I can type several rows of data with a narr...

Macros in Excel
I am trying to automate two function for multiple users of a series of microsoft files. While running a macro to create a new file for archiving specific data, I would like the user to be able to assign a filename while running the macro that creates the file. Is this possible? If so, how? Second, for the above mentioned file I would like to create a macro the automatically launches the send to mail recipient function, but allows the user to select the recipients from a corporate mail list while running the macro. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Take a look at Appl...

Referenced cell displays formula, not data
I downloaded a form template and linked it to my data; when I use the = sign to insert my data into the template, some – though not all – cells display the formula of the cell reference rather than the data that is actually contained in the cell Example: Cell D10 in datasheet contains text; instead of displaying the text in the template, it shows the following formula that is the reference address: ='[data sheet.xlsx]'!$D$10 -- MZ Press CNTRL + TILDE Key whch is available above the Left Tab Key. Tilde key (`) or (~) Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! ...

Compare dates (one cell not in date format)
Hi all, I have one column of cells in date format (6/14/2005) and anothe column of cells which also contains a date pulled from a database bu this second column is not in date format, it comes from the databas like this 2005Jan20. I need to compare the two dates to work out th number of days between the dates but I can't convert the second date t date format. Is there any way I can work out the number of days between the tw dates? Thanks in advance Crai -- craigcs ----------------------------------------------------------------------- craigcsb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Data Access Pages Data Source
I have several data access pages I created with tables as the source. The tables are in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express. I have since created queries and copied them into the database as a View. How do you change the data source from the linked tables to the Views? Thank you. it's not good idea to uase data access pages - they are not supported in latest Access versions. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "Arturo" wrote: > I have several data access pages I created with...

How do I make a formula refer to given data even if I do a sort f.
I want to create a formula in a spreadsheet that refers to specific cells of data. However, I also want to be able to sort my data but keep the formula refering to the same information. IE, say I have a collumn of ten numbers. I would like to be able to have a formula take the average of the first 5 listed. If I then did a sort function of these ten numbers that changes the order of the numbers, I want my formula to have the same result because it is still referencing the correct information. ...

Referencing Data in a Pivot Table
I have created a pivot table which shows me total money spent in various accounting categories. I want to reference the sums this creates to subtract them from a total budget to give me a remaining total. Unfortunately, as the pivot table is updated, cell references change. This means that the total I used as say total spent on fuel may become total spent on salary. Can anyone help? You can use the GETPIVOTDATA function to extract data. Look in Excel's help for information and examples for your version of Excel. Brian wrote: > I have created a pivot table which shows me total mon...

Status on one sheet w/ data?
How do I setup a stats (sum, count or whatever) on the same page as the data and yet able to sort the data at will? If I add a count, for example, at the bottom of the data, and sort, the "count data" becomes part of the sorting!! Is there a stats that can be setup like a page footer thing? Sorry, I am not good at excel in this regard. Thanks, Perry When you sort, select only the data and not the cells with the statistics ? -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <perryche@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1186399300.3...

importing *.csv data into two columns
I have a data file that is delimited as comma separated values: escentially one long row of comma separated values. I need to import this long string into two columns: read two comma separated fields and start entering data into a new row and repeat. There are no empty cells as column 1 always has a matching value in column 2 for that particular row. I would appreciate any help. Thank you. Brian brian wrote: > I have a data file that is delimited as comma separated > values: ... I need to import this long string into two > columns: ... This looks like a job for Excel's ...

Formatting a List Box for Uppercase
I'm trying to format the data in a List Box to be upper case. I've tried ">" in the field properties, but that doesn't work. Below is the SQL Statement in my query. Any idea where I would insert something to make the First_Name and Last_Name fields to be all upper case letters? SELECT DISTINCT [tbl_PMS_Persons].[FIRST_NAME] & " " & [LAST_NAME] AS Expr1 FROM tbl_PMS_Persons ORDER BY [tbl_PMS_Persons].[FIRST_NAME] & " " & [LAST_NAME]; Thanks in advance, Fred Try changing the Row Source of the list box SELECT DISTINCT UCas...

Will Windows' format mark bad sectors?
The external (USB connected) hard drive I use for backups apparently has developed some bad spots. Formatting the drive starts producing System Event Log entries at about 12% into the format, with the decription being "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk3\D." If I allow the format to continue, will it eventually plow its way through the bad area and mark those sectors as bad, or is this whole exercise a waste of time? -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Waste of time would by my feeling! When a "modern" drive has enough er...

Formatting Odd Number Strings
I have imported a text report into Excel. For some reason the date string on the text file reads as 20/05/0728. Is there a quick way to reformat the string so it reads 7/28/2005 or even 2005/07/28, for that matter. I really don't want to manually edit 300+ lines! Thanks. Assuming your fubared date is in column A, insert a new column immediately to the right of that, and enter this formula: =DATE(LEFT(A1,2)&MID(A1,4,2),MID(A1,7,2),RIGHT(A1,2)) This parses the existing text string into arguments used by the DATE function, which generates a date useable by Excel. What is the cell...

Import GROUPS from Outlook Express to Outlook
Just completed moving from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2002 SP3. Everything seemed to import successfully except my Group emails. The name of the Group transferred, but none of the email addresses of the Group transferred. The Group transferred basically as an empty shell with just a title. The emails did however transfer by themselves, but were not listed in the Groups. My question is this: is there a way to import into Outlook, an OE address book while maintaining the Groups that were listed in the OE address book? Any help will be greatly appreciated. No. It can't...

Import or link a Label from Word to Access
How do I import or link a Label created in MS Off 2007 Word to a MS Off 2007 Access in order to to link it to a Table. My Label in Word contains more lines to the Label in Access. -- Roger You can't import the Word label. You will need to recreate the label in Access by using the label wizard. You will see it when you press New on the Report tab of the database window. "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DE7F240-F56C-4188-A754-A3C49AC10C5B@microsoft.com... > How do I import or link a Label created in MS Off 2007 Word to a MS Off &...

Data Synchronization Error
When I go online with a few of my CRM For Outlook Clients I get a 'Data Sychronization Error'. I am then provided with three options: 1. Proceed with going online, but save the data changes offline for the next time you synchronize. 2. Stay offline and try to fix the errors so all the data will synchronize 3. Finish going online and do not save the data changes made offline Here are some error examples which appear next to each piece of offline data: 1. Invalid activity regarding object. It probably does not exist 2. the record you are requesting is currently unavailable Any help ...

query data
Hi. I am building an aviation database. I am want to create a flight summary query that shows only Carrier Date of Flight Origin Destination Miles Flight Hours However, my result is a line for each passenger - for example If there were three passengers on one flight i am getting 3 lines with 3 x the miles and 3 x the hours. How do I return only one line per flight. Also, I want to be able to show flight details with all passenger names for each flight. Is a subreport the answer there? Thanks, JF -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com jefferysf via AccessMonster.com wr...

data slugs in Email activities
I am attempting to create an Email activity when a task is not completed. Within that Email I am trying to use data slugs to display the company infomration. This activity is created when an Order is fisrt created and is an Order workflow. I have the following code in the body of the Email: Customer: &contact.fullname;<BR> Order Name: &salesorder.name;<BR> Order Date: &salesorder.createdon;<BR> Order Description: &salesorder.description;<BR> Whne the Email is received by internal users it has the exact verbage above and does not display th...