formating text cells

I need to format a text cell using bullets similiar to Word's bullets and
numbering?  Any idea on how to do that?  Can Excell automatically generate
the bullet?

Excel doesn't support this the way Word does. I'd use Word, if at all possible.
One alternative in Excel:
If you put the text of the bullet point in B1, put this in A1 to generate a
"bullet":
=IF(B1<>"",CHAR(149),"")
Copy this down as far as needed.

You will likely want to use Align Right on Column A as well. Not a bad idea
to adjust the width of Column A, either.

tj

"Cathyinliberty" wrote:

> I need to format a text cell using bullets similiar to Word's bullets and
> numbering?  Any idea on how to do that?  Can Excell automatically generate
> the bullet?
0
tjtjjtjt (488)
11/28/2004 6:33:12 PM
Hi
no :-)
Excel just is a spreadsheet and not a word processor ;-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Cathyinliberty" <Cathyinliberty@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:AFEA5255-E4A8-47FE-B226-EC9BA6DFA851@microsoft.com...
> I need to format a text cell using bullets similiar to Word's bullets
and
> numbering?  Any idea on how to do that?  Can Excell automatically
generate
> the bullet?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/28/2004 6:35:30 PM
Cathlyn

Format>Cells>Number>Custom

Hold down ALT key and type 0149(from numpad) then a space then @

Returns  � Cathlyn  or � Gord

Whatever text is typed in gets a bullet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:19:03 -0800, "Cathyinliberty"
<Cathyinliberty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to format a text cell using bullets similiar to Word's bullets and
>numbering?  Any idea on how to do that?  Can Excell automatically generate
>the bullet?

0
Gord

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Single click selects multiple cells

Fractions Number format

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

parameter for text

Date format 04-11-06

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...

Format List Box!

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...

Text box in Embedded chart is cut off
Hi. I am having a problem with an embedded chart that appears differently in word versus how it appeared originally in Excel. Specifically, the top of the chart (in excel) has a text box that divides the chart (it is a vertical bar graph) into subcategories (labels at the bottom are used to specify what each bar signifies; but these are taken from the associated cell range). Originally, the chart was labeled by a single text box, separated by spaces: Lifetime Use 30-Day Use Heavy Use Antisocial Behavior When this chart is linked in word, the text displays like this (tho&...

changing a cell of 60 files
Hi all I've 60 files and another one which summarizes all of them.. I've to put a day in the cell a1 and then I'd like to cut and paste that day in the cell a1 of the other 60 files without having to change all of them manually. I'd like to save and then exit every single file.The files are named 0001 0002 0003..and so on. I know that this is possible with a macro..but I've got a problem.. It's possible not to have the prompt which asks for updates of the file everytime I open one of them?? Thanks for the help Rossella Hi Rossella http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm ...