Formating, paragraph marks, boxes etc, how do I get rid of them?

One day I opened up excel and it had all these marks for formating in my
form. This also happened in word. How do I get rid of them?
0
Josh1654 (104)

Josh:

     In Word, paragraph marks can be turned on/off by clicking the paragraph
icon (looks like a capital P but with two, vertical strokes instead of one).
I just finished wandering through Excel 2000 looking for the same icon and
the only mention of the paragraph mark is related to object linking and
embedding.  I've also done a lot of forms in Excel and don't remember ever
running into paragraph marks.  Are you using OLE in the spreadsheet?  Are
your forms trying to use special characters and the P mark is showing up
because you changed fonts?  Do a bit more homework and repost your question.

Steve in Ohio

(To properly maintain the Newsgroup, click the YES or NO button on your
original posting to clear your entry, once you have or have not resolved this
issue with this correspondence thread – Steve.)

"Josh" wrote:

> One day I opened up excel and it had all these marks for formating in my
> form. This also happened in word. How do I get rid of them?

Can I get rid of browser address line
I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the browser address line at the top and make room for some buttons that actually have importance and are useful. Is it possible? Microsoft thinks that Most Users Prefer(tm) their screen cluttered with all of the useless stuff in Money and the useful stuff gets what's left. Sorry, short of reverting to M04, there's no known workaround. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:567538B6-94E2-4EB6-A8C8-C25D07EF9B27@microsoft.com... >I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the brows...

language date formatting
My PC is regional setting is dutch I have to print documents with date format dd-mmm-yyyy Problem is, that mmm should always be English (not dutch). How to enforce that? The only way I can think of is to write a custom VBA function to return the month abbreviation. UNTESTED sample function with no error handling follows Public Function fEnglishDate (DateIn as Variant) Dim dateString as String If IsDate(DateIn) = False Then fEnglishDate = DateIn Else Select Case Month(DateIn) Case 1 : "Jan" Case 2: "Feb" ... ...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Report generated from text box fields
hello. i have a 3 column report. The 3 products compared on the report are assigned when the report opens and asks the user for the ID.. is there are way to create 3 unbound text fields and have the report compare the IDs of the products listed in the text box.. i have done something similar that searches based on what was entered in a text box, but wasnt sure how to have the report pick up three different text boxes.... this is an example of what i have in another application that opens up a query Like "*" & [forms]![SEARCHMENU]![text37] & "*" -- Message po...

getting filenames from a folder
hi i am working in MFC Dialog based application. I have the path of a folder in a char array.i want to store all the filenams in that folder(includng the path of each file) in a CStringArray. priya hi please look into this MSDN article. "Battling Backup Anxiety with Win32" Eric Bergman-Terrell there is an example code for FindFirstFile, FindNextFile & FindCloseFile API's hope that helps. sreeram "priya" <priya@transversalnet.com> wrote in message news:068b01c343b6$04b622a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hi > i am working in MFC Dialog based application...

Getting 'read' access to all domain mailboxes?
Is it possible setup one user to have full read access to all our domain mailboxes? I have read about delegate access but I just want to assign one users (our personnel manager) to have read access to all mailboxes Again, I only want this one person to have 'read only' access to all the other mailboxes so she can read their mail etc Many thanks in advance - ras - ...

Black box when printing embedded chart to XPS
On a machine with Excel 2007 installed, open WordPad. Insert -> Object. Choose "Microsoft Office Excel Chart". A generic looking chart gets inserted into the document. Print it to a printer, and it prints fine (at least for me). Print it to the XPS printer (or PDF printer) and you get a black box where the chart is supposed to be. This is causing havok on a program I maintain that uses embedded excel charts. I thought it was a problem in my program, but now I've replicated it only using WordPad, Excel 2007, and the Microsoft XPS printer. ...

ComboBox.Text gets reset between event calls
I am trying to make a ComboBox that will AutoResize to the text being displayed. The steps I take are: OnTextChanged(EventArgs e) { base.OnTextChanged(e); ResizeTextBox(); } private void ResizeTextBox() { Graphics CurrentGraphics; int StringWidth; int MinWidth; int MaxWidth; int MyWidth; string thisText; Font thisFont; SizeF thisSizeF; Size thisSize; CurrentGraphics = this.CreateGraphics(); thisText = this.Text; this...

What must I do to get gridlines printed for both filled and empty cells?
Hi, What must I do to get gridlines printed for both filled and empty cells? I'm a teacher, and I'm trying to replicate and print, in Excel, an attendance book format, with a series of tiny squares next to each student's name. The printed form of this would allow me to register if a student were present or absent on a particular day. Hubert -- Hubert Earl, vendor of fine Jamaican art, coffee, etc. on eBay: http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=12295024&ssPageName=L2?refid=store; Fine Jablum Blue Mountain Coffee sales page: http://stores.ebay.com/Jamaican-Coffee-Art-and-More-Store_Jab...

Copying formatting of entire sheet
I made an Excel 2007 workbook which includes my monthly business income, parts bought, a logbook for car mileage dividing into personal and work and finally a financial end of year total constantly updated by the income or parts bought over the financial year. What I would like to know, please, is how to copy the entire logbook (12 sheets, 1 per month then 1 for end of financial year totals and 1 for car miles) FORMATTING so that I can have it all ready for the next financial year. I live in Australia and our financial year ends Jun 30 and starts the new one July 1. What I would like t...

Get Rid of "Favorites" in IE8
We have a web app that we built for a customer. The app is tied to IE. The app is set to display at a set resolution using IE. IE is only to show the URL line and the menu bar. An extra toolbar throws things off. Scrollbars appear where they shouldn't, etx. No matter what I do, I can't get rid of "Favorites" and the line it's on. Any suggestions? Thanks. Hi Stew, Please define what you mean by Web app? Network administrators remove features from IE using Group Policy which 'web apps' cannot do. You can create a burlesque version of ...

After a hard drive format
Before I format my hard drive (it's time)what files do I need to backup to retain my emails and email addresses? Where do I find them? Thanks, Marvin If you are using Outlook 2000/2002, search for files with the extension ".pst". The exact location will depend on what operation system you are using. Regards Darren PS within your newsgroups settings, change your e-mail address to something like marskyNOSPAM@mindspring.com. Newsgroups are where spammers gain their e-mail addresses from by using "spiders" or "web-bots" to gain details of such addresses. ...

Excel Cell Formatting #3
How do I centeer a picture in an Excel cell? Hi you can't as such objects 'float' above the cells in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tom Coffey" <Tom Coffey@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E7356E1-4318-42F3-B9C6-3D7EDFBBEEA1@microsoft.com... > How do I centeer a picture in an Excel cell? ...

Can't get rid of rogue PST file in Folder List
Hi, I have Outlook XP SP1 and latest updates. After a recent reinstall of WinXP I now have 2 PST files listed. One is my normal one, and the other is pointing at a file that doesn't exist. I get the error when I click on it: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The path specified for the file ... is not valid." I can't right-click to delete it. If I try to create a PST where it is hoping to find one, it won't open it anyway. I've removed all references (there were 2) to that PST from registry. What els...

CFileDialog
How can i retrieve the current view mode of a CFileDialog? I do know how to open the dialog in a specific mode such as "thumbnails" but how can i find out whether the mode changed while the dialog is open? I want to save the current setting when i close the dialog so i can re-open the dialog using the correct mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. > How can i retrieve the current view mode of a CFileDialog? I do know how to > open the dialog in a specific mode such as "thumbnails" but how can i find > out whether the mode changed while the dialog is op...

How can I get a combo box to get data based on a text box?
Hi, I have a text box that looks up an ID number from a table. I want the User to type in an ID and then have a combo box on the same form that gives a list of dates that correspond to that ID in the text box. Right now, the combo box displays all the dates from all the ID's. I want it to only show the dates that are linked to that ID. Please help, Thanks Use the text box's AfterUpdate event to modify the combo box's RowSource property: Me.ComboBox1.RowSource = "SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE FieldID=" & Me.TextID & ";" tyler.deutsch@gmail.com wrote...

Check boxes to text 05-12-10
Is there any way that I can have check boxes automaticaly transfer their information to text? example: Check boxes = red, blue, green If you click the red and green check boxes, the title would be as bellow. Title on the page = Lable order for: red, green Thank you Again, what you ask is at present incomprehensible. If the link I posted earlier does not work for you then the alternative is a userform - For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a more in depth explanation, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_User...

To display number in text format in cells
I have a sequence of digits like 5026555306553 I entered in a cell and when the cursor left the cell it displays as 5.02656E+12 How do I set the cell or the whole spreadsheet to display as text rather than this format? Change the cell format to either: Number Accounting or Currency. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Man T" <alanpltse_NOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in messag...

Stuck email in my out box (15 MB)...cannot delete becuase it is "already transmitting."
Help!!! How do I delete it...I cannot delete a 15MB email in my out box becuase it said it is "transmitting." It's been transmiting for three days! Check: File | Work Offline and in: View | Layout: Uncheck the Preview Pane. Can you delete it now? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "THP" <teresahparker@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:3EDD2EEF-6FFE-4FF7-982E-D20FB1D53B91@microsoft.com... > Help!!! How do I delete it...I cannot delete a 15MB email in my out > box becuase it said it is &quo...

formatted numbers displayed as #####
Another office phoned me about a problem they are having with excel. They had a large list of dates about 4600 columns long that were al displayed as one long string of numbers, i.e. like 021105. So the went to format them into dates and they all ended up going into #####. As I was looking through the help topics on Excel I found that number will be displayed like this if the column is not big enough in width. So I got them to do that but to no avail, they are still displayed a #####. Also while doing my own testing I found that even if they d get the numbers shown they will probably get no...

Simple hack to get $800 to your home.
Simple hack to get $800 to your home at http://latestnewsupdate.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

combo box
I have a series of command buttons number 1 to 12 that open a new form where I can select different attributes which then updates information on the original form (reason for this is the editing is password protected) one of them is a combo box which has a list from a table called “Cables” the list is 1 – 12 which when selected passes data back into the cables text box on the original form. if I select number 2 I want it to disappear from the list for that record ie 1, 3, 4, 5 etc so that I don’t have users select cable 2 more than once for that record. When I go to the next record I ...

unhide multiple text boxes at a time after pressing a command button
I want to be able to add a text box everything I press the Add Task button. Something like this: ___________ | ADD TASK | then a text box becomes visible ________________________ | | |________________________| and repeat up to six times So far all I have been able to do is to get one text box to show can any one help plz. Mike -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com mjquinon via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I want to be able to add a text box everything I press the Add Task button. > >Something like this: > > ______...

how do set up a drop-down dialog box that allows users to select .
how do I allow a user to select from a drop down select box, and return 1 value from a list of indefinite length that is on another sheet. You could use a Data Validation drop-down lsit. For instructions on creating DV drop-downs and dynamic list ranges see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html for the basics. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlNames01.html#Dynamic for creating dynamic ranges. What the heck........browse through all her info on DV from first link above. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:16:01 -0800, vikingcowboy <vikingcow...

Date format doesnt match from MsAccess
Hi, I have a database in Access which i store employee details. And i will merge it with Word to print the offer letter. The problem is in the recruitment date column. The date format in Access is Medium Date(28-May-10) and when its merged in Word it comes out as m/dd/yyyy(5/28/2010). Please help. Thanks You need to add a numeric picture switch to your merge field. See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Don Durai" <Don Durai@discussions....