format excel to text

how do i get excel file format to be csv file formatted with the delimiter
"|"  as a separator?

0
azlan (2)

See one answer in .newusers.

Please don't post the same message to multiple groups. It tends to
fragment your answers, and potentially wastes the time of those who
answer a post that's already been answered.

See http://cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm for tips on using these
groups effectively.

In article <B3361666-9950-4CB3-B0A6-04EFE999263F@microsoft.com>,
 "azlan" <azlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> how do i get excel file format to be csv file formatted with the delimiter
> "|"  as a separator?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

force Excel to treat numbers as text
Sorry I searched this and no one seems to have a solution. I trie pre-defiming columns as text but it gets over-riden by the paste. Past Special doesn't do the trick.. paste special as text on tabular data coming from a web site puts mos of the data in the first column. It no longer spreads the columns o pasted data into its own excel columns the tabular data, tab delimited, I want to 'copy&paste' looks lik this: 1) OGRODOWICZ MARK M47 6306 BROOKLYN NY 533 446 41 24:00 23:25 7:3 20:58 2) CHAO DUSTIN M35 3738 NEW YORK NY 534 447 155 24:02 23:47 7:40 23:1 The paste should...

Protection of check boxes in excel 2002
Hi I have a form set up in excel with check boxes, and I wish to protect the sheet but allow users to be able to select and deselect the check boxes. When I protect the sheet and then use the sheet, an error mesage lets you know the sheet is protected and read only, I have tried in format control for the check box to deselect the locked option and lock text option. Its bound to be simple but help is always welcome. Try unlocking the cells that are linked to the checkboxes. You can hide the columns/rows that contain the link (or move them to another (hidden???) worksheet. Newbeetle wrote...

Excel Help Please quick question
i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell says a certain thing. eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change to "yes" Is this possible Thanks In Cell D6 put this formula =3DIF(D6=3D"blue","yes","") On Nov 15, 7:13=A0pm, Tom Jacques <Tom Jacq...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell sa= ys a > certain thing. > > eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change t...

How do I add a floating text box in Excel?
I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to the end of the spreadsheet. How can I create a floating text box in Excel and include totals of certain cells from the same worksheet? MS has lots of templates at: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery And there's always google! Prashant wrote: > > I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain > things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to > the...

Excel 2007 error when opening program
"The INI file containing the temp chart file name could not be found" What does this mean and how can it be corrected. Recently upgraded from 2003 to 2007 ...

Doex Excel do this?
Hi everone, Say I have a workbook of 30 worksheets, each a worksheet has tab name and table. I want to create additional sheet that lists each tab name and its table's column names! Is this doable? Thanks, Mike Assuming Table column names are in A1:J1 on each sheet. Sub CreateListOfSheets() Dim WS As Worksheet Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)).Name = "List" For I = 1 To Worksheets.Count With Worksheets("List") Set WS = Worksheets(I) If WS.Name <> "List" Then .Cells(I, 1).Valu...

Font Formatting: Superscript
In one cell I have "Ca2+" I need the "2+" part to be superscript. How do I make this happen? Thanks! /amelia in the formula bar, highlight 2+ then do format=>Cells=>Font tab and select Super Script. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "amelia" <aaearhart@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:685601c4834d$0e4c7a30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In one cell I have "Ca2+" > > I need the "2+" part to be superscript. How do I make > this happen? > > Thanks! > /amelia HI Amelia, Tom has given you a good answer but if you a chemist ...

Query data and formatting
I have a query on a VFP table (linked through ODBC to our sales software) to summarize the daily value of sales orders entered. I need to group it into weekly amounts and daily amounts but cannot manipulate the data in the query to finish it in a report. I have the daily values totalled by day, but cannot group it beyond that. My end result should display: Date Daily Amount MTD Amt YTD Amt Week of (date) with sub-totals Is there a query criteria formula I can use so I can keep the link to the live data? ...

formatting brush icon
How do I get rid of that pesky formatting brush icon that pops up in the middle of a sheet? Click a cell to past the format into that cell, or Esc to cancel. -- HTH Bob Phillips "chickadeestudio" <chickadeestudio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E085C383-E0D9-44D3-A8AD-9BD708EFB482@microsoft.com... > How do I get rid of that pesky formatting brush icon that pops up in the > middle of a sheet? ...

Scatter with text on X
I am trying to construct one scatterplot for 2 groups of data A & B. would like to have A and B as two points on the X-axis and the (Y data values which pertain to A and B plotted as dots above them in vertical line. I have tried many different things and HELP to try to do this an no-one at work knows either. I am obviously missing out on somethin simple but important. Expert experience would be greatly appreciated! Donal ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.c...

Numbering formate
I would like display baseball averages as three numbers with out a peroid. I formated the number as special by taking out the 0 from 0.386 to show .386, is there any way to have a number less that 1 be displayed as a whole number. Looking for 386. Thank you in advance. Hi Mike......... You can enter it as TEXT, by pre-formatting the cells as TEXT, or by typing a leading apostrople before the 386, Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Mike Busch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1dcdc01c4546e$c3a85060$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like display ...

Read Text File into Excel Using VBA
Hi All, I'm a new VBA programmer. I know how to pull an entire text file into an Excel Spreadsheet, but I only want specific information from the text file not the entire text file. What I have is about 25 text files stored in a folder, let's say C:\test. Each file is named by a property address as follows: 209 MAIN ST.txt 213 MAIN ST.txt 111 ELM ST.txt 2356 WOOD AVE.txt On the 11th row of each file is as follows: Property Address:209 MAIN ST On the 31st row of each file is as follows: Total Value:30500 What I would like to do is read each file located in the "C:\test folder...

How to disabel "Excel" button in CRM
Hi, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button in lots of form in CRM, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you ...

Excel 2000
Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete. Hi, There are limits but it's not 10. What data do you have in those 10 cells? Cheers Andy Bob wrote: > Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can > only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one > gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info I a...

Bizarre XSD File Format Changes with Web Developer?
I have a bizarre problem when I try to validate XML documents and their schemas once they have been opened and transfered to a Visual Web Developer 2005 Express project. I receive validation errors for XML/XSDs that worked fine when first created in another environment (XMLSpy trial). I have a source XML document and an XSD file created wtih XMLSpy and stored in a separate folder. When I run a very simple VBScript to validate the XML with the XSD (in the process of a bulkload to SQL Server with SQLXMLBulkload.4.0), there are no validation errors, and the load to the DB works perfectly....

excel multilple sheets
Need to branch to another sheet in the workbook and then return to the sheet that the branch was started from! Now for the kicker The user can change the name of the sheet that the program runs from!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Chip Pearson just posted some code (you wanted code???) that works very nicely. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=utf6mffiDHA.620%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl It works if the sheet has been renamed, too. Arr wrote:...

2007 version of Excel
How do I create a password so that the password is required upon opening the workbook? Take the following action in EXCEL 2007:- 1. Launch EXCEL so that it has a new file in it. 2. Click on the Office Button (top left hand corer). 3. Prepare / Encrypt Document / enter the password that you want to use (for example test). - OK - enter the password again (test) - OK - Save the file in the normal way (Ctrl-S) 4. Close the file in the normal way (Office Button in top left hand corner / Close). 5. Now open the file once more. To get into it you will ha...

Changing chart background color in Excel 97 SR 2
I am fairly new to this so please bear with me. I have a chart based on numbers in a spread that has a grey background (The chart) but I would like the background to be white and can not get it to change. I right clicked on the chart and went to Format Chart Area, Patterns, Fill Effects, Patterns and changed the background to white but the ok button is greyed out. Am using Excel (Office) 97 SR 2 TIA http://members.aol.com/larrystark/ Right click (or double click) on the gray region, which is the Plot Area. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tut...

Checking text length.
I have a large list of names (about 2500) in microsoft excel but I need to find all cells within a column that have a text length of more than 30 characters including spaces. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to start counting? Thanks. Chris. Hi one way: - select your data (e.g. cells A1:A3000) - goto 'format - Conditional Format) - enter the following formula =LEN(A1)>30 - choose a format to highlight these cells >-----Original Message----- >I have a large list of names (about 2500) in microsoft excel but I need to >find all cells within a column that have a te...

text not wrapping in column
I have an Excel spread sheet with columns of wrapped text. At a certain point, the text stops wrapping. If I try to shrink to fit, the text disappears. Any ideas? ...

Text To Date Conversion
Hi I run Excel 2000 I download information from a mainframe into Excel. In cell F5 the data looks like this: 19.11.2007 This is formatted as text and is left aligned. When I try to reformat it to a date (19/11/2007) it does not change. I would like to have a formula in cell N5 that changes the original data to a datevalue. (eg: 19/11/2007) Thanks If column F contains a lot of the "date" values, then you could: Data|Text to columns Fixed width (but don't have any separator lines!) choose Date (dmy order) and finish up Then give the range the date ...

Text Form Field Maximum Character Length
I want to have a text form field that has a maximum character limit of 300 characters. I go into properties and set the max length to 300 and select calculate on exit, but it doesn't stop entries over the 300 characters. Any suggestions? It is Word 2003. -- Thanks, Angie ...

Why can't I format background for web page?
when I try to format a background for a web page it isn't working. Help! 1) How are you trying to format a background? 2) Define "isn't working". 3) Version of FrontPage. Not enough info. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "village rose" <village rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020E1997-4A88-4012-9960-C79CCED3B16F@microsoft.com... : when I try to format a background for a web page it isn't working. Help! ...

Trouble forwarding email as text message using SMS
I have set up to forward specific emails to my cell phone as text messages. The content of the message does not come thru as part of the text (these messages are SHORT messages) Any suggestions? -- Sheri Sheri <Sheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up to forward specific emails to my cell phone as text > messages. The content of the message does not come thru as part of > the text (these messages are SHORT messages) > Any suggestions? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Lose Formatting
We have a pretty intense Excel Workbook that we use on a daily bases. We are currently running MS 2007 but this Workbook is running in 97-2003 because we just changed over about 6 months ago. The issue is that in the past week the this file keeps losing it format. Can't seem to figure out why. ...