Format dollar amounts for check printing

I would like to format a number to print amount on a check. For example:
$5,280.25 Format to: Five thousand two hundred eighty and 25/100 dollars
0
dford (5)

Hi D,

See:

How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360

How To Convert Currency or Numbers into English Words
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;259663

---
Regards,
Norman

"dford" <dford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to format a number to print amount on a check. For example:
> $5,280.25 Format to: Five thousand two hundred eighty and 25/100 dollars

0
normanjones (1047)
11/20/2005 7:23:06 AM
See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"dford" <dford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to format a number to print amount on a check. For example:
> $5,280.25 Format to: Five thousand two hundred eighty and 25/100 dollars

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Formatting Cell problem
Hello guys, I have one frustrating problem. I copied a table from Amsouth Bank and pasted it into Excel. I then wanted to do some calculations. No matter how i formatted the cell whether Number or Currency the number always appeared on the left hand side and would not calculate. Number are supposed to be aligned right. Any suggestions. This is frustrating! Thanks! Hi - select an empty cell and copy this cell - select your imported numbers - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.mic...

Is there any office program that helps design your own bank checks
I would like to design my own checks (bank checks) Is there any designs (formats) made to help me get started?? You can write checks on deposit receipts, cant see why I cant print my own checks, designed the way I want. Any comments are welcome. I have looked into this too. The major problem is the magnetic striping of account numbers across the bottom of the check. The characters are alpha/numeric and they get read both optically and magnetically by the banking system. The font to do all this is highly copyrighted, and I don't think you will find it on eBay. The printer to produ...

Printing with Laser Printers
Hello, I have recently made a program that uses MFC (it's a dialog app not a SDI/MDI app so there is no built in printing support). I was able to get it to print out stuff however I noticed that when I went from one printer to another printer the output varied alot (for instance on one laser printer the output was very small and overlapped one another) My question is, are there any ways to set GDI so that the printed output is consistent from one printer to another and if so how? Thanks in advance Sincerely, James Simpson James, You must, when drawing, take care of the differe...

transparencies are printing opaque instead of transparent
All shadows and pictures set on color transparent, transparent gradient, or a certain percentage transparent, are printing opaque instead of transparent. It shows up transparent on the file when I set it, but shows opaque in the print preview mode, and then prints opaque as well. ...

Delete an unused check number
Is there a way to delete an unused check number not entered into the system? We used a check for a manual payment, but ended up voiding the check as it was not needed. Since the check was never printed, this check number does not appear in the system so I can't void it. But the physical check itself is obviously not usable now. Thanks for any help. Melissa, The only thing I can think of is entering a manual payment for $0 to use up this check number. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Lost the capability to print from file to send to onenote?
I lost the capability to be able to send something to onenote from the print to menu. It happened once before and for the life of me I cannot remember what I did that time to get it back. I tried repairing microsoft office ultimate from both disks, I've did to separate system restores and it is still not showing up in the print menu that I can send to onenote. Can anyone help me with this problem? LOVEABLKWN wrote: >I lost the capability to be able to send something to onenote from the > print to menu. It happened once before and for the life of me I > cannot re...

11x17 printing #2
I am trying to print 4 up postcards on 11x17 paper - I have set it up correctly, preview shows 4up, but it prints with smaller size cards like it is being shrunk- does nayone rint 4 up postcards with Publisher on 11x17 paper? Setup your printer first to tabloid, Publisher will follow. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "daretobe" <daretobe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:912A3EA4-8948-4306-B665-B122004A9EA3@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print 4 up postcards on 11x17 paper - I have...

Formatting issue
I have the following formula in one of my cells: =IF(C5<>0,C6 &" Supplied by Marketing - Calculated value is " &C4,C4&" Calculated value") The values in C4, C5, C6 are all in dollar format but the output doesn't show in dollar format. See below: 7500 Supplied by Marketing - Calculated value is 8800 . Any way to get the format like this: $7,500.00 Supplied by Marketing - Calculated value is $8,800.00 Hi, =IF(C5<>0,"$"&C6&" Supplied by Marketing - Calculated value is "&"$"&C...

Outlook 2003 does not export all fields to any of the selected file formats
Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and time field for messages. If there is a way please let me know. For what purpose are you exporting your .pst items? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Great Eyes asked: | Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and | time field for messages. | If there is a way please let me know. "...

Print a listing of Bills, Payee's and thier addresses?
Hi, I looked in the group, and wasn't able to find an answer to the following question: Is there a way to print a listing of all my bills with the Payees' addressess and my account numbers? I'd like to have one consolidated sheet, so that I can have a reference come Bill Day ... the blood suckers LOL Thanks for any help! LightFighter ...

datetime format issues when linking access to excel
Does anyone had problems with datetime issues when trying to link access into excel? using the database query option, it gives me an error of [microsoft][ODBC Microsoft access driver]invalid datetime format on column number 1 (date/time), and will not import the data. ...

formatting all the pages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C90929.7C8EC410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I asked this a few days ago, as to setting up each page in a calendar = alike (so the picture is in the same place on each page) I probably confused everyone by not asking it clearly. I'm coming across the same question again. I'd like to format/set up = ONE page of a calendar and have it applied to all the pages, is this = possible? Without having to go over each page and use rulers, and line...

Zebra stripe format filtered case as well
Hi, I learned in "msexcelraj website (could not see a name to mention here to thank)" how to make zebra stripe formating: Conditional formating, mod(row(),2)=0). My additional question is "how can I have zebra appearence when I make filtering as well ?" When I filter, naturally zebra appearence is losing with the way above. Thanks and regards, Cousin Excel Hi, Select the range then format|Conditional format-Formula is =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Pick a colour ADD Formula is =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=1 Pick another colour OK --...

Need help formatting rows
Hello everyone, I am using excel 2007 I would like to know how to do the following if possible have column A add column B and put the total in column C and then put the amount of column C in column A of the next row. EX: 1+1=2 in row 1 then automatically have it put 2 in row 2 column A Thanks in advance if anyone can help. Bobby Cell C1: = +A1 + B1 Cell A2: = +C1 -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "bobby02169" wrote: > Hello everyone, > I am using excel 2...

How to check for numbers in ascending order?
Hi, I have a dataset coming back from an application screen where I have to check that the values in a set of fields are in ascending order. Is there an easy way to do this in SQL? I've written the following code using a WHILE loop (which works), but wondered if there was a better way of doing this i.e. using a CTE or similar? Here's the temp table that I've created to hold the values with an added row number: row_number row_id entry_value 1 101965 23000.00 2 101966 24000.00 3 101967 22000.00 ...

Convert text numbers to number format
I have received a file that has a date column. However, the column is reading as text. I need to change the column so that the date reads as a number format. Any ideas? -- montagu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ montagu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314927 Right click and reformat as you want then click on cell and press F2 an enter to refresh data that should do the tric -- scottymellot --------------------------------------...

Specialized Cell Formatting
I have a column that contains a string of numbers, but I need to have it formatted in a customized way using a few .'s. And I want to know if there is any way I can set the formatting for this column so that it will automatically change all the cells in this column without me having ot manually do it. Here's an example of what I need: In each column a string of numbers like: 123456789012345 The string of numbers need to be formatted like so: 123456.78.901234.5 The column is already filled with numbers in the first example. Can I somehow automate the formatting of this string of nu...

Changing format of number without changing the value
How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Select the cell & press Ctrl-1 Navigate to the Number tab Select Custom in the left hand panel In the Type edit box enter 0.00"%" Click on OK "sweetsue516" wrote: > How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? > Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Sue, Percentage-formatted cells are based on 1 for 100%. It's only when you key in the percentage that it's converted, for example you key 1.68%, and it...

formatting: highlighting, wrap text, etc.
Hi, I have used Excel for years and in the past couple of days I have not been able to highlight any fields, cannot format an entire document, i.e., Ariel 10 pt I have tried on-line help and can't figure out how to resolve. I have even opened new workbooks and continue to have the same problem HELP!!!!!!!!!! thanks. A few ideas. Check all Excel Tools/Options. Check Windows Display options. Faulty keyboard. Faulty mouse. Scroll lock on. Faulty monitor/screen display settings. Installed/amended any software recently ? Start/Run... Type excel.exe /regserver .... Enter --- Message post...

Need to change format of multilevel list or create new
I use Office 2007. I want to create a traditional outline, instead of the odd default selections set up by MS. I want a format for headings that follows the I., A., 1., a., i. pattern. I had one set up as a multilevel list, but when I tried to use the Office 2010 Beta, it wiped out a bunch of custom settings. I need to EITHER change how Word automatically numbers the levels, OR create a multilevel list that I can keep in the library of lists that is formatted how I want, AND which automatically advances in numbering as I add entries. How do I do either of these? At pr...

Formula Check... Please
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61A25.29EC1E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I didn't receive a response on my last post so I worked on my problem = some and came up with some results. Could someone look over my formulas = and tell me if I can achieve this same result any easier? Here is a sample of the worksheet: D E F G H I J K L M N O=20 22 Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Reg OT x1.5 OTx 2 Rate Total=20 23 off 12 11 11 11 11 off 40 15 1 10.00 $645.00=20 ...

Name, Date and Address Formats
Hi, I have a number of different spreadsheets that I need to impirt into a single database. Unfortunately some of the information is in different formats. Would anyone be able to provide me with a solution that can turn: A B Brown ABC Brown *A B C*Brown* Brown, A B Brown, Anthony Bernard Brown Anthony Bernard Mr A B Bernard Into separate fields for title, forename, initials & surname On a similar theme I also need to do much the same thing with addresses: 1 Victoria Road, Victoria, Victoriashire, VC1 1VC etc And lastly (for now anyway) I also have some dates that I need to ...

Re-format date (mm/dd/yyyy into dd/mm/yyyy)
Hi All, Could someone help me with the following: I have a range of dates which I want to convert from mm/dd/yyyy into dd/mm/yyyy, my formula (=MID(T1474,LEN(T1474)-6,2)&"/"&LEFT(T1474,2)&"/"&RIGHT(T1474,4)) works for most of the dates though in case of 1/12/2007 where the month only has one position (instead of 01) my formula takes "1/" for mm (instead of "01") Can one of you advice how to capture this issue in my (or a different) formula? Many thanks!!!! Rgds, Robert You could try: Data > Text to Columns > Next > Next >...

Forms Check Box cell link
Excel 2003 I am using a check box created with the Forms menu. I created a box over cell D4. Using the Format Control box, I linked the check box to cell D4. I want to copy the check box in cell D5, D6, D7,.... and I want the cell link to integrate in the same mannor; check box in cell D5 should link to cell D5, and so on. Is there a way to accomplish this short of going into the format control box and manually editing each cell link after I have copy and pasted several check boxes? I have NOT entered the link using an absolute cell referense. I got the idea for this from Dav...

Eamail address does not print
We have moved a few weeks ago to exchange 2000 from exchange 5.5. In recent weeks we have been experiencing some behaviour changes in outlook 2000 SR1 (outlook was not upgraded). When we print an outlook email, some emails only print out the name of the email's sender and not the email address, which is displayed on the screen. For example: If we have an email and the sender is John Citizen [john@test.com] then when we print the email the sender is printed as John Citizen This does not happened for every email. Some we get the whole thing and some only the name. I have tried to see i...