Format date

In an excel sheet(Excel 2002)we have 2 columns with a date
in the format of (mm/dd/yyyy). These are displaying as a
number(XXXXX)which is not what we want. I have tried to
reformat the cells(format-cells-number-date) but nothing
changes. On the input bar, it displays the date format
correctly(mm/dd/yyyy). If I change to bold, it changes the
cell. The sheet/cells are not locked. What else could be
wrong?

It sounds like your cell needs to be wider

0
djdickens (1)

Excell Worksheet formatting
I have some how created a situation where if I type in a cell a whole number when I move out of that cell it automatically inserts decimal places, typically 52 becomes 0.52. What have I done & how do i correct it? Hi goto 'Tools - Options - Edit' and uncheck 'Fixed decimals' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dizzy Des wrote: > I have some how created a situation where if I type in a cell a whole > number when I move out of that cell it automatically inserts decimal > places, typically 52 becomes 0.52. What have I done & how do i > correct it? ...

No dates
when ever i recieved an e-mail the date it was sent was always along side the e-mail, but know i dont get a date, why has this happenend, i like the date being printed as i know when i recieved them please help. Is there something i can do. "ANNA B." <bryla@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23htLYe01KHA.5828@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > when ever i recieved an e-mail the date it was sent was always along side > the e-mail, > but know i dont get a date, why has this happenend, i like the date being > printed as > i know when i recieved them...

Conditional formating
I have two forms that are similar and they have the same conditional formatting set for the same controls. Form 1 shows all the records and form 2 only shows info for the current record. They both have conditional formatting set the same for the some controls. Form 2's conditional formating does not work. I'm using recordset clone as it's data source and I'm opening it with a command button and synchronizing it with the following code: If IsNull(Me![txtXCPO]) Then Exit Sub End If Dim formname As String, SyncCriteria As String Dim frm As Form, rs As DA...

Time to general format
I have a time sheet that calculates hours worked(end time - start time) , and then totals hours for the week. The problem is I need this total for the week to be a real number so that I can figure weekly salary by multiplying by hourly rate. Can you help. My time format is h:mm AM/PM Thanks Mike Hi Mike for calculating the sum just add the daily hoers and format the total cell with the custom format [hh]:mm. To calculat the weekly salary multiply this value with 24 and your hourly rate: =A9*24*B9 where A9 stores your total hours per week and B9 your hourly rate HTH Frank news.microsoft...

help with weekdays between two dates
A little rusty with access - been away for a while. Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between two dates. a simple function of somekind using the date or count functions? Be great if it did stat holidays too but I know that's asking more than is possible? JT "Jim" <jimt@pioneers.ca> wrote in message news:2rWAj.66322$pM4.15431@pd7urf1no... >A little rusty with access - been away for a while. > > Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between > two dates. > > a simple function of somekind us...

How do I stop a general format from being autoformatted to date
I want to stop Excel from automatically changing the format of a cell from general to time every time I enter a new row of data. I have several column headings running across the top of the page and I have set the format of 4 columns to display the time (HH:MM), the next column has been formatted to show a GENERAL entry. This was done by selecting the whole column and applying the format of General. The problem is when I enter data for a particular row I enter from left to right and put the data in the 4 TIME formatted cells first, by the time I go to the 5th cell which should just be a n...

Changing default format for http references.
Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. How can I set the default for http references in a publication so that it is not a hyperlink? It is a nuisance to have every usage of http://something converted to hyperlink format and then to have to go back through the document and clear each one (and likely overlook several). Try, edit, find... replace -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "James Hahn" <JamesHahn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OrYtBHyqEHA.708@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Microsoft Office Publi...

Date Help
I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and this works except sometimes I don’t need to use the date cells. My problem is in cell J6 the date appears as 1/0/00 until I type the date into cell C6. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Malcolm Hi, use this formula instead =if(C6="","",$C$6) "Malcolm" wrote: > I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in > cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and ...

Export Conditional Formatting to Excel
I have a form that uses conditional formatting to turn the cell either red or green based on if the line item is ahead or behind schedule. When I go to export this to excel, the formatting is loast (i.e no red/green in the .xls). Is there a way to amke the color formatting come thru in the export? Thanks, -bob Yes, After you have exported to Excel, you can open the Excel workbook and use automation to change your formatting of that column. The way I would do this is: 1. Export your report to Excel. 2. Open Excel, and record a new macro. Once you have started recording the new ...

Counting days between dates
I am trying to calculate working days late or early between two dates using =NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2) If I have a due date of 24 Sept and I ship on 24 Sep then I am neither late or early so I am on time i.e. 0 days - but my formula returns 1! If I have a due date of 24 Sept and I ship on 23 Sep then I am shipping 1 day early i.e. –1 – but my formula returns –2 formula due actual days early late should be 24-Sep 24-Sep 1 0 24-Sep 25-Sep 1 1 24-Sep 23-Sep -2 -1 What do I need to do...

Conditional Formatting #74
I using Excel 2007 in Vista. I have two adjacent cells, say A1 and A2. I want the text in A2 to change to red if its value exceeds the value in A1. I have tried Conditional Formatting but while it looks okay it does not work. TIA for any help. Ed Hi Edward Goto Format>Conditional Formatting> "Change cell value is" to Formula and type this in =B1>A1 then set color, it should work HTH John "Edward" <edward.j.obrien@DELETEbtinternet.com> wrote in message news:B70A7D3F-0AD3-4575-80D9-ACDDD587A815@microsoft.com... >I using Excel 2007 in Vista. > &...

HOW DO I Auto inserting date and time?
Can someone out there please help me! Am trying to find what the formula would be to automatically insert date and time (in seperate columns) when another field has been filled. Ie, if cell C3 has data in it, then for C1 to automatically insert the date, and C2 to automatically insert a time. I am told that this IS possible, but I can't work out how to do it! Thank you in advance for any assistance! Shane --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release Date: 01/09/2003 thank you...

Ignore table formatting when importing data using OLEDB
I am using Excel 2010. I want to write a macro in a 'consolidate' XLSM file that will query another selected XLSM file and import data from one of the range names in that file, into the 'consolidate' file. When the import occurs, it formats the imported table using the default Excel 2010 table style (see screenshot), however i don't want to format the cells - i just want to import raw data and leave the cells formatted as they are in the 'consolidate' XLSM file. The PreserveFormatting property has no impact, as the damage is already done once the query is added. ...

how do I format megabytes
I am trying to recreate a slide, but the original prints clearly, mine doesn't. I was told by the printer that the original is 569 megabytes, so I need to make my new slide the same. I don't see anywhere to reconfigure megabytes. Help! ddinbb wrote: > I am trying to recreate a slide, but the original prints clearly, mine > doesn't. I was told by the printer that the original is 569 megabytes, so I > need to make my new slide the same. I don't see anywhere to reconfigure > megabytes. Help! 569 MEGABYTES??? Good lord, that's ridiculous. A 5 meg...

fixing corrupted files in xls format
Hello, I have several files that became corrupt after moving them from 1 drive to another during a reinstall of windows. I am using windows xp pro and office 2003 pro. There are also several files that do not appear to be corrupt but insist that I download and use windows rights management to read. It is already on my computer. One other file is in access that requests a password although I never set a password for any of my files. These files are all of last seasons bicycling data that I had compiled and are not of a sensitive nature. They are however, very important to me. Is there a...

Date and time as long format in the taskbar
Operating system Windows 7 professional 64 bit the time is shown in the desktop of Windows in the taskbar down on the right. Is there the possibility in this place of showing the time and date into long format, example: Su, 29.08.2010 13:34:47? thanks Josef Josef, I don't think so, but if you "hover" your mouse cursor over the date shown, it will display "Sunday, August 29, 2010" (American format). The format displayed is controlled by the "Long Date" format chosen in "Control Panel/Regions and Languages". Will those choices sa...

help with date formula
hello gurus Imagine two columns (part of a larger table) , the first with dates, and the second showing the difference (in days) between a date and the one above it. My problem is that there are varying numbers blank rows between the dates. I'd like it to look like this... COLUMN A COLUMN B Aug 27, 08 0 Dec 01, 08 96 Jan 21, 09 51 Jan 22, 09 1 Mar 08, 09 55 What formula could I use in the cells of Column B? Much thanks Victoria On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:27:01 -0800, Victoria <Victoria@discussions.microsof...

Formatting information
Hello, I exporting a report to excel. The report is exported in Excel 5.0 format. When the information is displayed in Excel I need to re- format it to use in a report that I produce. Currently i do this manually but would like to automate the process using macro's. Firstly I want to re-format the date in column A, the information in this column are peoples names. This appears in the format Surname, First Name I want to change this to the format First Name Surname....eg Bloggs, Joe becomes Joe Bloggs. How can I do this? I have worked out hoe to re-format the other sections b...

Format Question 10-01-07
How do I get this text box to format $#,###.## at the moment I am getting Grand Total:1085.5 instead of Grand Total $1,085.50 = "Grand Total:" & (NZ(DLookUp("Payable","qPayableTotalForPayment","OwnerID =" & tbOwnerID.Value),"")) Thanks for any Help...............Bob Simple method - in design view format the control as currency HTH -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Bob V" wrote: > > > How do I get this text box to format $#,###.## at the moment I am getting > Grand Total:1085.5 instead of Grand Total...

Build a date value
I have a stored proc that gets sent a month and year and I would like to turn it into a date using the day as 1. When I try it I get an error 'Explicit conversion from data type int to date is not allowed.' Below is my stored proc. Any help or alternative is appreciated. ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[mc_selPTODetailsForm] @Month smallint, @Year smallint, @AvailableOnly smallint AS BEGIN -- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from -- interfering with SELECT statements. SET NOCOUNT ON; DECLARE @dtYearAgo date; SET @dtYearAgo = @Month + '/1...

Incorrect date in creation date field
I am having an issue when creating a template I am trying to use the date field called creation date but when it is inerted into the document it shows an incorrect date? For example the file was created and saved on May 26, 2006 but the creation date field show November 26, 2002. Has anyone else seen this problem? ...

Number formating #2
I have a column of numbers, all 6 digit. Some of the numbers are six digit with a dash in between the third and fourth digit Ex. 123-456 122-451 122771 122458 233-564 ....and so on Is there a way to remove the dashes from these numbers that have dashes and leave the other ones alone? What I want is this column to not have any dashes. is concentate the formula to use?? Thanks On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:01:05 -0800, "croozer" <croozer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a column of numbers, all 6 digit. Some of the numbers are six digit >with a dash in bet...

Date Grouping in Pivot Chart
I am using a Pivot Table and Pivot Chart to summarize an event count. An event is stored with a date/timestamp and I am using grouping to count the number of events for each day. Not all days have entries. In the Pivot Chart (column type), I would like to plot every calendar day for the time interval in the pivot table, even those w/o a count. When I edit the field settings for Date to "show items with no data", it gives me a whole year's worth of dates instead of just filling in the gaps in my existing date range. In the grouping options, the start and end days are set but seem ...

Why can't I auto filter date fields?
With a column of dates like 5/5/2004 13:20, the only thing that works i to select a specific date from the drop down. Trying contains 5/ o anything similar doesn't work, it returns nothing at all. Also, would there be any way to change the default choice on aut filter from "equals" to "contains" -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Are you looking to filter on months or days? You might be able to use custom and "greater than" and "less than" combinations. But sometimes, I'll just insert a new column and put a formula like: =mo...

sorting by date #3
Hi, I just want to sort my data by date, - i use it for our petty cash an invoices and I'm sick of having to sort them out into date order firs - and wait till end of month. I feel like I am missing something VERY obvious :confused: thanks for your time Fiona ; -- fionabath ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fionabaths's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1664 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31613 Fiona, Give a little more information about your spreadsheet layout. E...