Format date in excel 2000 like '31st January 2005' #4

Trying to set up field in Excel Data Source file so that the current date can
be input in letters typed in this format '31st January 2005'

Is it possible or am I stuck with dd/mmm/yy format?

Good afternoon Malcolm Agingwell

Would the date in the format "31 January 2005" be of any use to you?
If so, set up a custom format of dd mmmm yyyy.  Excel doesn't handl
ordinals (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) on its own.

HTH

Dominic

--
dominic
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893

"dominicb" wrote:

> Good afternoon Malcolm Agingwell
>
> Would the date in the format "31 January 2005" be of any use to you?
> If so, set up a custom format of dd mmmm yyyy.  Excel doesn't handle
> ordinals (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) on its own.
>
> HTH
>
> DominicB
>

> --
> dominicb
> dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18932
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383071
>
> Thanks this is very close to what's required.

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

Count If Formula #4

conditional formatting sort

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Matching transactions in 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005. I've always had trouble getting transactions to match when they are downloaded from the bank. For instance, I would enter a transaction into Money, and then when it downloaded my statement from the bank it would enter a new transaction instead of matching it to the one that I created. In 2004, you could right-click on the transaction and then choose "match", or something along those lines. I don't see that option in 2005. How do you match duplicate transactions in 2005? I'm using Premium if it matters, and my register view ...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

learning Excel #3

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook