Format cells with dates

Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed.  for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit.
0
anonymous (74722)

Pat,

Assuming the first date is in A1

B1: =A1+1
C1: =B 1+1
etc.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead
date is changed.  for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur,
etc will follow suit.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/7/2004 5:19:51 PM
Pat,

Not sure if this is what you want, but if you put a date in cell A1,
you could use =A1+1 in cell A2. You could then drag the formula
down as far as you need to.
When you change the date in A1, all of the other cells where you
dragged the formula will follow suit.

John

"Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead
date is changed.  for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur,
etc will follow suit.

0
jwilson (359)
2/7/2004 5:24:08 PM
Unbelievably easy!  I figured so.
Thanks, Bob.
Pat

     ----- Bob Phillips wrote: -----

     Pat,

     Assuming the first date is in A1

     B1: =A1+1
     C1: =B 1+1
     etc.

     --

     HTH

     Bob Phillips

     "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
     > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead
     date is changed.  for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur,
     etc will follow suit.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/7/2004 5:36:09 PM
Pat

If Mondays date is in A1 then in A2 type =A1+1 and copy
this formula.

Regards
Peter

Carrying format with cell reference to another sheet.
In my spreadsheet column headings are days and row headings are group titles. Each group goes through different classes each day. It is easiest to coordinate which group attends each class with the groups stacked as described but it is harder for the group leaders to print the calendar because it is so long. I have created formulas to bring the data into a traditional calendar format on an adjacent sheet but the formatting does not follow. Is there a way to force the formatting to follow. The formula currently stands as: =IF('Sync Matrix'! CN1>1,'Sync Matrix'!CN1,""...

how do you count cells with a time criteria??
I need to get a count of cells in a column based off of a time criteria. The colum is a in "TIME" format ( 8:00 AM, 12:00 PM, etc). I need to get a count of cells that are between 8:00 AM and 12 PM . . what formula would I use?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi ..., =countif(A2:A20,">=08:00")-countif(A2:A20,">12:00") if you want it under row 20 you can use A21: =countif(A$2:OFFSET(A21,-1,0),">=08:0...

date format
i would like to change the date format that appears in templates, to the UK format ie day/month/year, any ideas. I think this follows your system settings. Other than that, when you Insert > Field into a shape, you can specify the formatting from the list on the right. In your case you want something like DD.MM.YY. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "sadie" <sadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEC6D9EE-B70D-4AB9-BC6F-AF24D60EED82@microsoft.com... >i would like to change the date format that appears in templates, to the UK > format i...

view comments in cell
If I slide with the cursor over a group of merged cells in an Excel spreadsheet, the comments of that cells are shown at the right hand side of the cell....but if this group of cells is along the edge of the display, my comments won't be shown because it's the end of the display. How can I make them show (left hand side of cell ?) on the display without scrolling the sheet ? Is there an option in Excel or should I use a Visual Basic macro ? regards, roland You have no control over what direction or where a comment will appear. "roland" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Date incrimintation
Hello, I want to place a date in header or run a macro to place the date on ever page like this: Thursday, 3.4.2010 and on second page, Friday, 3.5.2010 and on third page Saturday, 3.06.2010 and so on Have anybody an idea how to do it? Thank you! Hi Damian, Unless you use 'Next Page' Section breaks, you can't do it for more than 3 pages. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8295D461-B278-46AD-AAF5-C297A5CD0A66@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > ...

OWA Date format problem on SBS 2003
First of all I have everything set correctly on this server in regards to Default Regional Settings. I have also gone through the registry and manually changed any incorrect regional settings. However OWA at this one site (other nearly identical sites are ok) displays dates in the email folders in the American format instead of the Australian format. OWA Options have been checked and the time zone is set correctly (it's the only thing other than language that lets you specify your location in OWA). This is driving me crazy. The only difference between this box and another I have...

Format or convert?
When converting a FAT filesystem into NTFS, what are the pros and cons of using convert v. format, other than the backup issue? E.g. is there a danger to the integrity of the files under conversion? "Herzl Regev" wrote: > When converting a FAT filesystem into NTFS, what are the pros and cons of > using convert v. format, other than the backup issue? E.g. is there a danger > to the integrity of the files under conversion? Converting FAT to NTFS is supposed to leave files on the partition intact. As always, there might be some risk of data corruption or l...

linked Excel charts don't match formatting in original
I have one spreadsheet in which I created charts linked to worksheets in the same file. These charts I have exported (i.e. copied into another file). When I open that other file without having the original file with the data open, the labels on the charts don't reflect the number formatting that was selected for them: .09 instead of 9%. Any help would be appreciated as I can't figure out how to fix this. For instance, is there a way to break the link to freeze a certain look of the charts? Thanks, Stefan. You could copy and paste the poicture rather than the link. If you...

Differentiate between Number and Date?
I'm trying to determine the type of information in each column. I was using the TYPE function but it doesn't differentiate between a Number and a Date. The dates in my cells are either: 3/21/1999 3/21/1999 20:31:56 PM ....both of which Excel reads as a Number (type=1) I want, basically: if(type(A1)=1,"N",if(type(A1)=2,"C"...etc., so that my result in the cell is either N, D, C, or L Any ideas? Merle Ah, and additionally (let's make things really complicated here), not all the cells in a column are populated with data. So, I can't just test the first...

Display File Date Modified
Hi, How do I display the File Date Modified of the mdb file in a Report. Thanks for your help. Marv Trott FileDateTime(CurrentDb.Name) If you want a text box with that in it, you can set the text box's ControlSource to =FileDateTime(CurrentDb.Name). Alternatively, you can set the ControlSource to something like ="The file was last modified " & FileDateTime(CurrentDb.Name) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Marv" <marvtrott@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:u$vNdF6yHHA.1100@TK2MSFTNGP06.p...

Worksheet formatting #2
I am pasteing text from notepad to Excel. The text coming from notepad is double-spaced. I want to have the text going to Excel to be only single-spaced (data in each consecutive cell.) Tried to AUTOFILTER but is not what I am looking for. Any suggestions? I'd try sorting the data. The junk may go to the bottom. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D63CDAA-1E3E-433B-8D26-A2F814AFE043@microsoft.com... |I am pasteing text from notepad to Excel. The text coming from notepad is | double-spaced. I want to have the text goi...

Mail Merge Excel to Calendar Format
Does anyone know how I can merge data from an excel speadsheet to form a view-by-month calendar of the tasks on the spreadsheet? ...

cell height changing when using autofill
Hey everyone, been experiencing a very frustrating problem the past couple of days. I am using excel to make invoices for print. I am using it for this becasue I can print them in sequential numbers. My problem is that I am trying to copy the entire page and autofill it down a few times, but on the autofilled pages the cell heights of a few of the cells changes on me and messes up the entire job. I'm not understanding why it is doing this becasue I have it set to autofill the cell formatting as well as contents. Any suggestions? I couldn't get the rowheights to change (xl2...

using an address stored in a cell to look up a value
I need to get a value into a cell in my spreadsheet. The address of the cell is stored in another cell so cell b1 contains the value "b30" and I want cell b2 to contain the same value as is stored in b30. Does anyone know how I go about this? The reason I need it is that the value stored in B1 can change. Using the formula =cell("contents",b1) puts the value "b30" into b2 and not the value stored in cell b30 as required. Appreciate any help Neil Try =INDIRECT(B2) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Neil" <n.hall@nospam.virgin.net> wrote in mess...

Update forumla in same cell on each sheet
Is it possible to update the formula for the same cell on each worksheet of a workbook without having to individually change each one? Hi Yes it is possible. Add the sheets in your selection using the Ctrl Key and clicking the relevant worksheets tabs Place your formula, validate and ungroup the sheets. HTH Cordially Pascal "Ellen" <Ellen@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: B934E8D8-6B09-4484-9CEF-9E3AE44FA487@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to update the formula for the same cell on each worksheet > of a > workbook without having to i...

date of JPG photo file which is taken
hi, i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to write the date of JPG file which is taken to excel sheet. how can i get the date VBA property of which is taken at cite. I mean the date of taking photo thanks Go here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/exifclass/ Download the (zipped) source code - extract the "cls" file and import to your VBA project (it's for VB6 but seems to work fine in Excel VBA). Example usage: Sub Tester() Dim exif As New ExifReader exif.Load "D:\Pics\2009\CIMG1730.JPG" Debug.Print...

Format Cells Custom Forumula?
How do I interpret (#,##0_);[Red](#,##0) or other similar formulas so I can figure out what is wrong or create a new one for a specific situation? I looked throughout help but couldn't find anything. I know this one rounds the value of the formula and spaces it so if it is a negagive it doesn't mess up the spacing on the page, but I don't know how to read the actual formula to determine what does what. Thanks, Mike See "About custom number formats" in XL Help. In article <F2FEC468-63AE-4F9C-BE97-ED44A6D5CDED@microsoft.com>, Mike King <Mike King@discussi...

my formated column is displaying one cell incorrectly
I have a spreadsheet with 4 columns; the 4th columns is a formula going across the 3 columns a+b-c = d with d preferably equally zero. When I format column d almost all of the columns that equal zero display as a dash (preference). However periodically one or two of the rows will display as 0.00 and I can't seem to get the formatting to change to the dash. I have tried to reformat all columns all other cells and to no avail. Has anyone else run into this issue and if so how have u solved it. The only way I can solve it is to actually put a zero in the cell. If the numb...

mistaken date entry
I was catching up on balancing my checking account (Money 2005). I accidentally accepted the default date (Oct 8th) when it should have been Aug 8th. How can I go back and change that date so I can continue with the correct date? "IsisTheCat" <isisthecat47removeme@hotmail.com> wrote on 11 Oct 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > I was catching up on balancing my checking account (Money 2005). I > accidentally accepted the default date (Oct 8th) when it should have > been Aug 8th. How can I go back and change that date so I can > continue with the ...

set excel cell value
i'm no expert at vba and have been having a hard time trying to send a value from an open access form to a specific cell in excel. I've been writing a module in Ac2000 that opens excel, names the sheet, and sends some Access table data over. Thanks to Bob Larsons code I was able to do most of this. After a week of trial and error i'm now also able to format the sheet the way it needs to be, plus some conditional formatting that seems to be working out great- now i'm very badly stuck on trying to send a value from an open access form to a particular cell in the shee...

MEET & DATE MORE LADIES EASILY (Proven) sssssssssssssssss 374 [1/7]
SEXUALLY ATTRACT WOMEN INSTANLY WITH PHEROMONES Even the most impossible to get beautiful women become Possible dates, lovers and even wives with Pheromones Pheromones are nature's sexual scent, NOW in a cologne to attract women PHEROMONE SEX ATTRACTANT FOR MEN THE COLOGNE FOR THE Y2K MAN AVAILABLE IN THE U.S. AND PERFECTLY LEGAL ATTRACT WOMEN INSTANTLY with Nature's secret weapon.... PHEROMONES... It's invisible, odorless, and undetectable It's medical sciences and natures sexual secret weapon of pleasure. This is a perfectly legal sexual ...

Changing Dates
I am trying to figure out a way to auto-roll the dates on a spreadsheet forward. Basically, what I have is this: A1 B1 C1 D1 09/25 10/01 10/08 10/15 etc... And what I want is for those dates to all roll-forward as they are surpassed, so that on 09/26, the dates will increment one week and show: 10/01 10/08 10/15 10/22 etc, forever. I appreciate any help in sorting this out. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Far...

Clearing Cells
Hi I'm using an Excel sheet for pricing items customers purchase. In A2 I could enter any of 4 prices e.g. £30 , £15, £10, £5 In B2, C2, D2, E2, I have entered the following formula =IF(A2=Rate_30,A2,0) It follows that B2 shows £30 and C2,D2,E2 show 0.00 that works ok the problem is with 200 rows its a lot of zero's is it possible to add to the formula something that clears all the zero's so that the columns are easier to read. This sheet is used on a daily basis so the customer could call in tomorrow and buy something at £15 the £30 would c...

Tricky formatting and Date Formula
I need to calculate the difference in ages for a school tracking program. The problem is in the fact that the ages are recorded as follows: 6.1 is a child 6 years and 1 month 6.2 is a child 6 years and 2 months etc 6.10 is a child 6 years and 10 months 6.11 is a child 6 years and 11 months The formatting cannot differentiate between 6.1 and 6.10. Is it possible to get around these problems so that I can a) record the ages so that they mean something in the spread sheet B) create a formula that will work out the age differences between a chronological age of, for example, 8.1 (8 years an...

Formatting a contact list in Excel
I am having trouble formatting a contact list so that I can upload it into my MS Office contacts. Export your contacts first to generate an example file. Amanda wrote: > I am having trouble formatting a contact list so that I can upload it into my > MS Office contacts. What do you mean "Bob I" wrote: > Export your contacts first to generate an example file. > > Amanda wrote: > > I am having trouble formatting a contact list so that I can upload it into my > > MS Office contacts. > > . > Presuming you have placed at ...