Format Cell (Number Custom)

I want the user to only be allowed to enter the Char type 'A' or 'D' in this
particular cell.
Does any know how to accomplish this?

Does Char type 'A' or 'D' mean the characters A or D?

If yes, take a look at Data|Validation.

It isn't foolproof (users can paste over the cell), but it works nicely for
most.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Removing characters from cell
Hope someone can help me with this one.... I have text in column "A" a list of parts like the following..... ...nhg1234 ..nhg1235.54 nhg3456 ....nhg1253.7 Is thier anyway of removing the dots in front the part number? I dont want the points moving after the the main part of the number. Please help TiA mag()() Do you part numbers all start with nhg? If yes, you could select column A edit|Replace what: .n with: n replace all And keep hitting the replace all button until all are fixed. "Mag()()" wrote: > > Hope someone can help me with this one.... >...

formula tu sum up to a number till 7
This is the data I have: 2 3 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 1 4 5 1 2 I want in column C to G cells to be filled till 7 starting to count from B and then starting again. Result I want: A B C D E F G 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 1 4 5 1 2 And so on... How can I do this... Thank you so much!!! I don't fully understand this. Why do you not show 2 as the starting value in column C? Why do you have a 1 after the 7? Is this the corresponding value from column B? Would C2 start with 4 and continue across until you next...

How to count cells
Hi, I want to put a summary of Job orders in a table. (Excel (Zip) file attached) I am having a problem of total. I want to make a total of only approved job orders not the all job orders. Also if the column contains hot / cold type, I need red and bold for hot job order of complete row. Also I want to be counted by job type and entity. For example, in the total approved 7 permits, CONST entity 3 cold jobs and 1 hot job. how can i display in the abstract table. Can anyone help me please. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: count.zip ...

How can I asign a number value to a text line in Excel?
tI have a Backgammon Club with Internal Club Rankings that are in Text. I want my members to report their wins - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - in tournaments to my web site . I would like them to imput: their nickname, date of tournament, tournament Room #, tournament points played for, and host of the tournament. I would further like the calculation to display any change in Ranking as a text cell. Additionally, I want to show for the member, how many more points are needed to get to the next levle and what that (Text)level is. If there is a "what if" for this please advise. Ri...

Unpopulated Cell Address
Hi I'm a newbie and was wondering can anyone help with my query. I am trying to find out how to print a spreadsheet with just the data that is contained in certain cell address's. Where a cell address is not populated I want the whole row to not appear in a printed copy. Any ideas? Try this idea Sub hiderowsandprint() With Range("a1:a21") .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Rows.Hidden = True .Resize(21, 8).PrintPreview .Rows.Hidden = False End With End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mick Smith" <notsa...

customize entities
Hello, I work on a custom entitie, iand I want to know if it is possible to make reporting directly on this one? My entities includes fields address, can I use the for simple mailing? And my last question, can I use workflow on these entity? Thanks for your answers. If your entity is defined as User owned, you can have workflow tied to it. They will also be available for reporting, but you will need ot develop the reports yourself. Not sure what you mean about the mailing question. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

change the formula by changing contents of cell
I have a table that ranks a list of players by their statistics, for example, when I change cell B2 to "walks", my formula (large) lists the player with the most walks in cell B4, 2nd most in B5, 3rd in B6... that works well because more walks are good. But, when I change cell B2 to "strikeouts" I want it to list the player with the fewest number of strikeouts in B4, next fewest in B5 and so on. Is there a way to change the "large" function to the "small" function within the formula? I have set up a helper cell (C2) that changes fro...

Preventing Column Cell Values from Printing
I have a summary worksheet with several columns of information. There is one particular column (E25:F39) where I don't always want to print the values. Is there some simple way to toggle this column's values on and off just before hitting the print command? I was thinking of using an adjacent tick box outside the print area, which when ticked would print the column values, and vice-versa. I'm looking for a formula that would examine the tick box, and if the tick (letter 'a' in Marlett font) is not present (i.e. cell value = ""), then the values in column (E25:...

Conditional Formatting #2
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that has about 1200 rows many of which need to have conditional formatting. I had a template set of rows that I was transferring the conditional formatting from and it worked for 20 or so rows. Then in attempting to both copy/paste and drag formatting even further I noticed that the conditional formatting was not being transfered to the target cells. I have even tried doing one row of formatting at a time but it seems like it will not allow any more conditional formatting. The spreadsheet is a good size (about 2MB). I recieve no error messages about this. It simpl...

Customer Source for Certified Partners (Not MBS)
Does anybody know if Microsoft Cerified Partners (not MBS) can Access Customer Source or Partner Source? If so how do we get a logon? ...

How do I change the value in cell based on a future date
I would like certain cells to be cleared after a certain date one way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module (Right-click the workbook title bar and choose View Code): Public Sub Workbook_Open() If Date > #12/15/2004# Then _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1,B2,J10,K39").ClearContents End Sub Note that this won't work if the user opens your workbook with macros disabled. Note also that there's no way to prevent a user from accessing your data - i.e., they can set their clock back and open the file. You can make things more difficu...

IF COUNTIF & COUNTA on Filtered Visible Cells #7
Hi Frank, Hope this will help. Correction to Last Posting: My Helper Column "U" increments one Row at a time and says: Check from Row above Current Row back to beginning of my "V" Range: i the Room was used previously give me the Last (MAX) time it was used b returning the relevant Row Number of the (text based) Group Nam (Executive, Trainees, Manager, Graphics, etc.) that used the Room Last The Helper Column "U" then passes this data to the Formula in Colum "T" - it checks for the criteria within the specified Range and doe the COUNT calculation us...

Check Number format
In Great Plains our checks were initially set up with 20 zeros. For some reason when running the Vendor check request report on some of the PC’s (on screen and to the printer) the entire check number does not show up so it was requested that we remove 8 of the leading zeros. I went into Cards>>Financial>>Checkbook and pulled up the appropriate checkbook and removed the leading zeros from Next Check Number and Next Deposit. When I print the report, the zeros are still visible. Am I changing the correct field or will this change not affect existing numbers in the report I...

Move gridlines in a chart so that they are above the numbers
I have done a chart in excel and the gridlines are set so that the y axis numbers are inbetween the gridlines. When I choose minor gridlines I get double the gridlines. I just want a gridline above each number in my y axis Double click the axis that intersects the gridlines, and on the Scale tab, uncheck Axis Crosses Between Categories. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Tara Medway" <Tara Medway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47400C54-74B4-4E67-93AD-AE8B3F09BE47@microsoft.com...

shortcut ket to change formatting of text
hey, whats the shortcut key to change numbers to dates, and vice versa. cheers : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! This may be the sort of thing you want: CTRL+SHIFT+# Apply the Date format with the day, month, and year. This is a quote from Excel Help ( use "Keyboard shortcuts" for th search) Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ctrl-1 will pop up the Format|cells dialog ctrl-~ (ctrl-tilde, aka ctrl-shift-backquote on my USA Keyboard) will format a cell as General ctrl-# (ctrl-shift-4) will format as d-mmm-yy Try searching excel's...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

Transfering a changing cell value progressively through a workbook
I am creating a payment application form in excel 2007 using windows 7. Each worksheet represents one months invoice. Say I have a formula in "sheet 1/ cell Q7" that sums the total billed to date for a particular budget line item. This value will be transfered to a the next months payment application "sheet 2/ cell K7" this becomes the total amount of previous applications, then "sheet 2/ Q7 is =sum(K7,M7,O7) this value is transfered to "sheet 3/ K7, and so on and so on, until the completion of the job. How do I acomplish this. -- Thanks Mike ...

Always Reply in HTML Format
Is there a way in 2003 to reply in HTML always redgardless of what orig message has been sent in? I know the security issues and the reason why its set up the way it is, just curious though. BigZ No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, BigZ asked: | Is there a way in 2003 to reply in HTML always | redgardless of what orig message has been sent in? I | know the security issues ...

converting plain data to table format
It has been a while since I used excel but I am almost sure there is a way to convert just plain rows and columns of data into a table format. This way I believe that adding rows to this block of data is as simple as tabbing after the last cell and it should just drop down to the next row and insert one??? correct?? Excel should recognize a contiguous range as a table, or list. Include headings in the first row, and leave at least one blank row and column between the table and other items on the worksheet. You can use the built-in data form to add records to the table (Data>Form). Or,...

sum numbers and ignore text
Hi there, I need some help please. I have a row of numbers and text and I need to sum the numbers only. How to do? a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 1 dnr 3 4 dnr total 8 thanks in anticipation ditchy Ditchy, a simple SUM formula will do it, since the SUM worksheet function ignores text values. So in your example, it's =SUM(A1:A5). -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "ditchy" <ditchy@ncable.net.au> wrote in message news:dda1ad29.0405221934.5787f60f@posting.google.com... > Hi there, I need some help please. I have a row...

Auto Number
Hi - In tblProvider I have ProcessYear and ProviderProcessNumber fields. In the bound form, frmProvider, I would like txtProcessProviderNumber to increment by 1 on each new record each new record entered during the Year. The year will be entered manually by the user via combo box in text field. Once the Process year changes to a new year I would want the numbers to start all over at 1. How can I do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Gary i n Michigan, USA GaryS wrote: >Hi - In tblProvider I have ProcessYear and ProviderProcessNumber fields. In >the bound form,...

Preventing users from saving forms into unprotected formats
I need to stop users from saving forms into unprotected formats, e.g. RTF (believe it or not, my users like to mess about with form layout, creating business interoperability problems) I have successfully intercepted the FileSave and FileSaveAs commands. I also need to intercept the Save As dialog which comes up for a new dialog when the file is closed, so I'm using a BeforeDocumentClose event handler. I would like them to be able to choose not to save, so I give them a YesNoCancel message, but I can't prevent the regular message coming up if they click No on my message...

Line Numbering
Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, how? Thanks "Ernie" <edeleon68@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:126f501c3f6ef$e59575e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, > how? > Thanks Use the formula =ROW() copied down. Hi do you neet the row numbers on your printout? If yes goto 'File - Pagesetup - Table' and check the option to inlcude row and column headings -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ernie wrote: > Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, > how? > Thanks ...

option to show or hide social security number throughout system
Now that identify theft is a big issue, a great feature in HR and/or UPR would be an option to hide or show SS# on windows and reports. I'm having to cusomize HR and Payroll reports just to remove the SS#. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...