format cell #3

I have this in a cell; "2 vs 3" (without quotes), I want
to find and replace it with "2 - 3" (without quotes).
When I do this it either turns it into a date or a string
of five numbers. I have formatted the cell to be "text"
or "general" yet it still converts to a date or a string
of numbers. I would appreciate any help, thank WAB
0
anonymous (74722)

WAB,

Try replacing with '2 - 3.

Using the single quote at the beginning will force to maintain the text.
Don't worry, the sinqle quote will not show in the cell.

HTH,
Paul

"wab" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have this in a cell; "2 vs 3" (without quotes), I want
> to find and replace it with "2 - 3" (without quotes).
> When I do this it either turns it into a date or a string
> of five numbers. I have formatted the cell to be "text"
> or "general" yet it still converts to a date or a string
> of numbers. I would appreciate any help, thank WAB

0
pclive (112)

Authentication error after using CRM 3.0 for months
All of a sudden this afternoon, CRM is no longer accessible by any user. CRM databases are accessible. I can also run the Deployment manager on the CRM server and can see all the users that are setup. I can run the environment diagnostics wizard without error. However, ANY user that tries to access the website from any workstation, including the CRM server gets the error: Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system adm...

Cell Colour
Hi there, I work at an engineering firm and a question has been posed. I was wondering if the NUMBER siting in a cell can influence the COLOU of the cell. I ask this because there is a spreadsheet of various readings, an certain readings (i.e. too low) means 'danger', so id like that cell t turn out RED. However if the value is 'safe' id like the cell colour t be GREEN. Your help would be much appreciated. Cheers -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use Conditional formatting. Select the cell. Select Conditional formatting from Format menu. Select '...

cell format #11
Hello, Can anyone help? If i export from Access to Excel i can get the cell in Excel to look like this: Joe Bannister 123 Holly Lane Spa England The cell format is general with wrap text. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel without exporting from Access? I've tried wrapping text, different formats etc but nothing works. One thing i did notice is that when i right clicked the cell and chose format cells the content of the cell was the whole text but with square boxes seperating the parts as above. Any help appreciated. Cheers Joe If you're trying to type more than...

Formatting External drive
I have a Western Digital 1.0 TB drive WD10EALS that I'm attempting to install as an external drive through a USB port. When plugged in, Windows XP said it found it and installed it. But, it is not accessible and not given a drive letter. I've tried Western Digital's Diagnostic and their Align programs and neither recognize it to work with it. How do I get it recognized or formatted, which ever I need done? In news:gZKdnYVsb_bDgpzRnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d@bright.net, Dennis <den942@bright.net> typed: > I have a Western Digital 1.0 TB drive WD10EALS that I'm > atte...

similar function to LOOKUP? #3
David, I had searched help, but I guess I missed the OFFSET function. THANKYOU! I have bookmarked your page too... -Kiera -- Kieran102 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kieran1028's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

Urgent ! How to create new row or column in a blank cell
Hi, Can someone help me to create a column with row inside a cell. Example attached. A = merged cell B= expanded cell C= regular cell I tried to put C in B . Thanks in advanced -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! Ypu will need to be clearer in your explanation and question. What are the addresses of cells A, B and C? What do they contain? How is each one formatted? What are you wanting to achieve? Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Locking cell formula's
I have over 100 cells which are linked to another worksheet. I want to change the formulas so that instead of reading ...A1 they will read ...$A$1. However to change this individually will take ages and Edit Replace is also too long. Any idea how I can do this quickly? Thanks Luke Luke You would need VBA to make global changes to cell references. Here are four........ Sub Absolute() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Selection If cell.HasFormula Then cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(cell.Formula, _ xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute) End If Next End Sub Sub Ab...

Purchase requisition #3
Good day! Please assist. For the purchase requsition module in MGP, I am unable to approve the request items. This has left the open request item always outstanding for the requester even though the item has been approved and processed at our end. Please refer to attached, as a final approver do we still need to also set up purchase Creator or generate Do to complete the task? what are the next steps to complete a purchase request? Thanks, Andi Saldana When the requisition is Final approved, the lines still have to be transferred to a Purchase Order. If you go to Purchasing\Requsit...

Number Format in Excel
When I type a nymber, it gets converted to that number divided by 100. For example if I type 100 in the cell, it gets converted to 1.00. How do we set it right? Hi Mary, In the menu Format Cells Number and make your selection with the number of decimals needed ... HTH Cheers Carim -- Carim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33259 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531785 Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab there is ...

Date formats #2
I have a column in a spreadsheet containing dates.Some of the dates are in the date format while others are in a five digit format such as 38364 which is not recognisable as a date. How can I convert these numbers to provide me with a date. Mnay Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200605/1 You can select the full column, go to Format -> Cells and select the date format you prefer. The 5 digits number is also a date, and once you change the format they will make more sense. Hope this helps, Miguel. "mohd21uk via OfficeKB.c...

locate duplicates by sing conditional formatting--doesn't work for
Anybody have an idea why I get an error message "Cannot use conditional formatting for arrays...constants..." when I try to set up the conditional formatting in the first cell in the row I'll be searching for duplicate entries? I am following step by step the MS Assistance article's instructions for finding duplicates using the COUNTIF function. Perhaps there's a work-around or another way to find duplicate data within cells in a row (not duplicate records , though). Thanks. Post the formula that gives you the error -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pl...

Excel97 time format causes crash
Using Excel 97. I'm importing data, ASCII comma separated, that includes time in this format hour:minute:sec.millise For example, 07:49:03.01 is 3.01 seconds past 7:49 am If I select 2 cells with data in this format I get a program error and excel crashes. If I select a cell and change the format to anything but Time m:s.0 the problem goes away. Trouble is, I have thousands of these cells in hundreds of data files to process. I can't select a row or a column or an entire sheet without a crash. A macro works if I use it to select cells one at a time and change the format, but slow...

get a colored text in one cell to appear the same way in others
I would like to have a cell that says "great" and is colored purple to appear the same way whenever I type the word "great" One way Format>conditional format>formula is>=a1="great"><select formating> Adjust cell location as required HTH "anton" wrote: > I would like to have a cell that says "great" and is colored purple to > appear the same way whenever I type the word "great" Use conditional formatting, select the range of cells wheer you wan "great" to be coloured purple, then from the for...

Cell protection ?
Hi, When a formula is entered into a cell is there a way to protect that cell so the formula cannot be removed? Appreciate your assistance Tool>Protection>Protect Sheet Password optional then use the check boxes as pleased and click OK NOTE : ALL cells are protected by defalt when you protect the worksheet. You can either select which cellss to unlock or which to lock by : Format>Cells>Protection and checking or unchecking the LOCKED BOX. This last step shoulb be done first. Also this protection is weak, but can be used for regular users of XL. "me@there.com" ...

chart formatted data point
I have formatted an individual data point however when I sort my data the formatting stays in the same place. I need to be able to link the formatting to a particaulr X axis reference - such as in benchmarking where the data may change month on month but we are only interested in our practice. Hi, Have a look at this conditional chart technique, which uses additional series to hi-lite individual points in a series, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/PointAtPoints.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Pippa M" <Pippa M@discussions...

Number format 05-12-10
Hello Can anyone help on this small query. I want to enter a year in a cell in this format "2006/07" I have several cells linked to this which will then populate in steps i.e. based on the year I have entered they will increase annually thus 2007/08, 2008/09 et seq. Can this be done? Many thanks Mars There may be easier ways to do this but.......... With 2007 in A1 Enter in B1 =LEFT(A1,2)&RIGHT(A1,2)&"/"&TEXT(RIGHT(A1,2)+1,"00") Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 12 May 2010 11:47:45 -0700 (PDT), mars <hifrommars@hotma...

SiteMap CRM 3.0
CRM 3.0 -- Jim ...

How do I make the lines "smooth" in my 3-d pie chart?

Changing report format with VBA
I have a report which prints out address labels for a journal distribution. The label layout isn't always the same. If the addressee's subscription is about to expire a warning is added to the label. The problem I have is that the VBA code references fields in the underlying query which are not used in the report itself (e.g. journal issue number). I get an error message saying that the fields cannot be found. So far the only way round this that I have discovered is to put all the required additional information in a hidden text-box. Is there a better way? Nick. Hidden text ...

Unable to Sort Relationship Views after DST Patch CRM 3.0
After installing the DST patches, we are no longer able to sort the columns in the Cutsomer Relationship view and the Opportunity Relationship view by clicking on the column headers. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks, Wanda -- WKC Greater Twin Cities United Way Minneapolis, MN ...

how can I check if there is text written in a cell?
Hi! I would like to do an evaluation in a cell if there is text written in it, if not it will be a decimal number instead. thanks for answeres! -- hendersson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hendersson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18427 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475325 nevermind, i solved it =) sorry about that. -- hendersson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hendersson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/memb...

Copy Axis Format
In Excel 2003 I could use the F4 key to copy changes to the axis to multiple graphs within a workbook. It disappeared in 2007. There was another post on this, but it does not display. Is that function still available? have you tried CTRL-Y ? -- isabelle Le 2012-04-03 08:57, M B Marcus a �crit : > In Excel 2003 I could use the F4 key to copy changes to the axis to multiple graphs within a workbook. It disappeared in 2007. There was another post on this, but it does not display. Is that function still available? > > ...

excel locks up after selecting a cell
excel locks up after selecting a cell ...

Copy value from cell with custom format
Hi, I want to copy values from cells with a special custom number format. i.e. the cell value is displayed as 1060028 but it's literal value is 28. When I look at the number format in "format cells" it says the number format is 10600##. If I copy this cell from one to another even using "paste special values" it only returns 28. How can I copy the cell value 1060028 as a complete string? Would I use a function or would I have to use some VB script? thanks. The format should copy along with the value. Just use Paste, not PasteSpecial -- Gary''s Stud...

Window Placement After Installing Service Pack 3
Hello: A GP 10.0 client has shown that most, if not all, transaction entry windows appear automatically on the far left-hand side of the screen instead of in the middle--ever since the installation of service pack 3. Although this may sound trivial, the client makes use of GP 10.0’s Navigation Pane. Having to move the windows back over to the right, in order to click on helpful shortcuts on the Navigation Pane, becomes a little cumbersome after a while. Thoughts? childofthe1980s ...