Format Background Color Teaser

lo to med. important, not sure.  When using "Fill Color", or other method you
may suggest,  Is there a way to make a default background color, that can be
changed temporarily / goes back to original color if clearing "fill color".
(e.g. if base color 25% grey, then red, yellow or light orange).  text may or
may not be present in cell.  Is there an entry for Custom Background Colors??
/ will that work,  danke schone in advance  -Nastech

trying:
conditional format (insuf):  row()
conditional format (sloppy):  =OR(LEFT(F8,2)="b ",LEFT(F8,3)="bb ")

0
nastech (103)

Logic Formula using colors in the formula?
Hi: I am using Office (Excel) 2007, and for some reason I thought that a change was made in this version of Excel, that allows for formulas which take into account the font color. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish: In Columns L & M I have dates that identify a beginning and end date for a class that a student has signed up for. If the student hasn't paid in full, the class dates are in bold red font. Once payment has been made, I change the font to black (and unbold it). The two issues I'd love to do with formula (to make things easier) are the following: ...

Cell Function/Font Color
Is there a CELL Function that you can identify the color of a font with? I would like part of a macro to make a decision based upon the color of the font in a particular cell. Use font colorindex in your code. Sub test_for_color() With ActiveCell.Font If .ColorIndex = 3 Then MsgBox "got it right" Else MsgBox "not right" End If End With End Sub You could set the code up with Select Case for varying colors. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 12 May 2010 13:18:05 -0700, HpyTrvlr69 <HpyTrvlr...

How do I change the default number format in Excel?
I want to know if it is possible to select a different default number format in Excel 2003 so that it will apply automatically when I open a new workbook. Create a new workbook. Change the normal style to what you want. format|style|select normal|click modify change the number format Save this file as book.xlt in your XLStart folder. Excel will use that template file for any new workbook. Be aware that dates are numbers, too and you'll be affecting those. I don't think I'd do this. DJMLLC wrote: > > I want to know if it is possible to select a different default num...

Strip all formatting in cut and paste!

combine two cells into new cell with different font format
Hello Everyone, I guess it is an easy one, but I cannot solve it my own. I have two cells for a reference list. Cell A1 contains a name of an author, Cell B1 contains an article title. I want to combine both sells in C1 like A1&B1. The problem is that in Cell C1 the authors name (from A1) should appear normal, while the titel (from B1) should be in italics or bold (both in the same cell) anybody idea how to do that. thanks Kai AFAIK it can't be done. knut "Kux" <kastehux@web.de> skrev i melding news:1152969827.559021.131770@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > He...

How can I defeat Excel's auto-reformating into date format?
Seems simple enough - I want a cell to contain the value 5-0. I've tried pre-formatting the cell to text before copying, I've tried formatting after pasting - nothing works. As soon as I enter 5-0 Excel converts it to a date. There is no "paste special" feature that works. If this were one cell it might be simple enough, but I want to copy a large table of which this is just one column of several with many rows. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve Hi try pre-formating the cells as 'Text' and use Paste Special - Values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "s...

Transparent Background
How do I make the WHOLE background transparent. I use the tool and it only makes sections - I want to make the whole item transparent and just have the item left? Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks. Pattie When selecting the color to make transparent, it is absolute. It would be nice to be able to select a range of colors. There are probably some image editing program that makes this possible, but I only have Photoshop 5.5, and don't know all of the bells and whistles. However, I open the transparent image in Photoshop and use the rubberstamp tool to copy all transparent pix...

Just want to Change color of Font??
Version: 2008 I am used to using a PC and this is my first Mac- I am not used to this version of word. I would like to do simple things like change the color of the font or make the font bold or underlined but I don't know where to go for those options. There are tables and columns and other elaborate applications but I would just simply like the basics. So, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be tremendous! View Menu > Toolbars> click on Edit. Edit Toolbar comes up gives you all kinds of formatting tools including Font color, back Ground Color , Bold, ...

Format- problems
I have a query with the following : Format(tblAvvikelser.regDate,"yyyy/mm"). If I put in 2010-05-27 (swedish date format), it should return 2010-05. On some clients it works fine but in others I receive an error, telling me that the format can not be solved. Why??? Copied form a post I saw about 1 month ago: Access will struggle to interpret a date. The text string "3/10/2010" will be interpreted as March 10 (even if the user intended it to be 3 October), but it will give a JDate value. "4/30/2010" will similarly be April 30 (and it won't try i...

Labor & OH Time Format
In the Quick MO routing setup, is the labor and overhead time format hours & minutes or hours and fractions of hours? For example, is something that takes 1 hour 30 mins entered as 1.30 or 1.5? 1.5 hours Comming to Convergence? Visit us in Booth 836. And make plans to attend one great party aboard an ocean going cruise ship. Visit our website for details and to reserve your boarding pass. http://www.AccoladePublications.com -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http:/...

Conditional formatting . . .
Greetings, Is their a way to set conditional formatting to an Shape (Circle Square, Triangle etc) I have Layout of an event drawn out on spread sheet with Tables an chairs (drawn with auto shapes), below the layout I have a check lis with the following headers TABLE and SEAT1, SEAT2, SEAT3, SEAT4, SEAT5 AND SEAT6. Under TABLE is the simply the table number e.g. 1-50 and eac SEAT# has a status e.g. �Vacant�, �Occupied�, �Courtesy�. Is it possible for example that my occupied seats turn red when th text �Occupied� is entered in the check list? Appreciate any help -- Fabl --------------...

Formating decimal numbers
I have Croatian regional settings with decimal colon instead of decimal point with following format: #.##0,?? for cells. I'd like to avoid decimal colon from displaying when cell contains integer number. ...

Copy Color Formats Based On Column Date Values
I currently have this code, where HMLoc is the starting point for a color paste at C6. Instead of having this a constant field, I need it to search for today's date in the cell above it (C5) (The dates are given in the range C5:BO5), and then color accordingly. I have struggled with this all morning and can't get it to work the way I want it. Please help me! Option Explicit Const LegendLoc = "BH3" Const HMLoc = "C6" Const None = 0 Sub ColorHM() Dim theRow As Integer Dim theCol As Integer Dim NumX As Single Dim Color1 As Integer Dim Color2 As Integer Dim Color3 A...

Problems with report formatting ing SSRS 2005
Hi, I haven't been using SSRS for more than a few months, so please forgive me if these are old questions... but I haven't been able to figure them out for myself as yet. 1) I'm trying to use the Table Property "Header should remain visible while scrolling". However the data rows remain visible through the header as they scroll up behind it. Does anyone know how to stop this? 2) I have several money fields in the detail row of the table, and I want to subtotal them in the group footer. However its not subtotalling, rather its just repeating the am...

Publisher Color Printing problem
My brochure which I have printed many times before now will only print in B/W. It shows in color but not in Priint preview or in actual print. Can anyone help? Thanks Janet Might be a corrupted driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and see if there is an updated printer driver. If not, uninstall your printer and reinstall It is always better to completely uninstall your printer before reinstalling/installing. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

Macro to add value if cell has a color :-s
I don't know if this exists, but is it possible to check if a certain cell has a color? Normally a cell is blank, but someone asked me to see if it is possible to check if a cell is colored.. Any suggestions? Thanks!!! Is this sufficient? Sub ifcolor() If Range("b2").Interior.ColorIndex > 0 Then MsgBox "yep" End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <test@testnospam.nl> wrote in message news:obht5456aq6ur5gbqmasacqke9p2g13o7i@4ax.com... >I don't know if this exists, but is it possible to check if a cer...

Associate date format with account
I have a couple of English bank accounts and when I download data from them to load into Money, it has a nasty habit of assuming that the dates were in American format (MM/DD/YYYY) rather than English (DD/MM/YYYY). Please allow this to be configured on the account if it differs from normal. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-ba...

Need to know Formula for Conditional Formatting Rows, by row #
I need to format a range of row by bow #. All I can find online is formulas for odd or even rows. I'm new at this, sorry. But say if I want Rows 1-700 Green, 701-1400 Yellow, and 1401 - 2100 Red. I thought I would use 3 differant conditions in conditional formatting, but what forumulas would I need to put in? -- weirdaljr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ weirdaljr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29542 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492419 One way: CF1: ...

Presenter View
Can someone tell me if I'm missing something? I've been experimenting with Presenter View and noticed that the notes loose all their formatting such as Bold, Spacing, Bullets, when in Presenter View. Is there something I can do to correct this or is this by design? Thank you. This is by-design - PowerPoint Presenter View does not support formatted notes. See the following for a workaround: See formatted notes on your laptop while the audience sees the slide show http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/tips_view_notes_slideshow.html - Chirag Zoom into slides du...

word 2003
hi .. I have word 2003. If I use format, background and select a colour, the whole page turns that colour. However, it does not print that colour nor does the colour show in print preview. Does anyone know how to format a page so that the background colour will print? d I finally found the answer just after I posted this! By default, background colors will NOT be printed: 1. Click "Tools" then "Options". 2. When the "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "Print" tab. 3. Check "Background colors and images&qu...

Changing folder color?
In Outlook Pro 2003 is there any way of changing folder / subfolder color? Thx :) k Nope -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when mailing) ----- ".::KoperniK::." <jonwlalalalaa@lalalagmx.net> wrote in message news:gYkZb.8774887$Id.14...

Desktop color
Using P2003, I changed my display resolution from 800x400 to a higher one, and my screen colors changed, both on my Windows desktop and my Publisher desktop. I can't remember, and couldn't find it in Help, how do I change my desktop within Pub to be something other than white? Control panel, display folder, appearance tab, advanced button. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ladyt" <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message news:ONlxMXLjHHA.1624@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Using P2003, I changed m...

Show month in different color?
I use excel at work and we have gages that are due calibration. I wanted to know how to put in a formula or something to show each gage that is due in red at the current month. That way when the next month comes the gages due that month are in red and the other months are normal. Use conditional formatting. A1 has the date, B1 has the gage parameter / reading Select B1. Go to format > conditional formatting. Select 'Formula is'. And enter in the box: =MONTH(A1)=MONTH(TODAY()) click on format button and in patterns tab select the red color. Mangesh "OneGoose" <O...

excel formatting #7
PLEASE HELP! I have used the 00:\00:\00 format to input times without having to press the colon every time. Now though, when Excel tries to minus one time from another, because of this formatting it only recognises times as numbers, e.g. 12:15:30 - 12:14:50 Excel thinks this equals 00:00:80 !! Can anybody help?! How do I get it to recognise that the answer is 00:01:20 ??? thank you =TIME(INT(B1/10000)-INT(A1/10000),INT(MOD(B1,10000)/100)-INT(MOD(A1,10000)/1 00),MOD(B1,100)-MOD(A1,100)) and form at as time -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Lex...

conditional formatting of cells based on result in hidden cell
I have a column (Z) that reflects status for each record (rows). I want to have conditional formatting based on the content in column AA (which is hidden - but has the calculations). I have four options that I need to be able to develop a corresponding color for for the cells in Z. My understanding of other code examples that have been posted using Target is that they don't apply to looking at one cell and formatting a different cell. TIA, Papa J Depends on how the code is written: If Target.Column = "A" Then If Target.Value = 1 Then Range(&...