Format all sheets in one Workbook

I would like to add a little something to all the help everyone has
offered on the formatting issue in Excel.  If you would like to format
all sheets including (Header, Footer, etc..) you need to make sure and
use the "page setup" under "file" menu, because using the formatting
from the print preview option will only make changes to the sheet you
are currently viewing.

I'm guessing but I think MS wanted to make sure you don't accidentally
format all sheets thru print preview so they make you choose it from
the file menu.  It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
choose "page setup" under "File"

Make sense?

Hope this helps.

Does this mean that when you group the worksheets together and use 'File' and
'Page Setup' from normal view, it will allow you to change the page set up
options for every page in one go????

Thanks.

Louise

"Joe_bruin" wrote:

> I would like to add a little something to all the help everyone has
> offered on the formatting issue in Excel.  If you would like to format
> all sheets including (Header, Footer, etc..) you need to make sure and
> use the "page setup" under "file" menu, because using the formatting
> from the print preview option will only make changes to the sheet you
> are currently viewing.
>
> I'm guessing but I think MS wanted to make sure you don't accidentally
> format all sheets thru print preview so they make you choose it from
> the file menu.  It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
> which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
> choose "page setup" under "File"
>
> Make sense?
>
> Hope this helps.

0
louise (71)
12/5/2005 3:57:05 PM
Louise

Yes, most setup functions can be done on grouped sheets.

Some of the page setup features will not be available with grouped sheets.

Print Area and Print Titles will be grayed out in grouped sheets the same as
when in Print Preview.

Joe_Bruin is not correct in his last sentence.

>>It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
>> which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
>> choose "page setup" under "File"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 07:57:05 -0800, Louise <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Does this mean that when you group the worksheets together and use 'File' and
>'Page Setup' from normal view, it will allow you to change the page set up
>options for every page in one go????
>
>Thanks.
>
>Louise
>
>"Joe_bruin" wrote:
>
>> I would like to add a little something to all the help everyone has
>> offered on the formatting issue in Excel.  If you would like to format
>> all sheets including (Header, Footer, etc..) you need to make sure and
>> use the "page setup" under "file" menu, because using the formatting
>> from the print preview option will only make changes to the sheet you
>> are currently viewing.
>>
>> I'm guessing but I think MS wanted to make sure you don't accidentally
>> format all sheets thru print preview so they make you choose it from
>> the file menu.  It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
>> which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
>> choose "page setup" under "File"
>>
>> Make sense?
>>
>> Hope this helps.

0
Gord
12/5/2005 5:20:07 PM
Yes Louise, I tried it for the first time today and it worked...  The
key is again highlighting all the worksheets, and using the file/page
setup to make header/footer,etc changes to all worksheets.

And Gord:
I believe I am correct when I say that those options are "greyed" out
when you try and make changes to the "rows to repeat at top" and
"columns to repeat at left" from print preview.  When in Print Preview
the option is greyed out and is only allowed to be changed under
file/page setup.  I may not have said it clearly, but to say I'm
"incorrect", was a bit too much.

In the past, I have always tried to change margins, headers/footers etc. in
group mode using print preview which, as we are all aware, is unavailable.  I
never knew though that you could in fact do that through File and Page SetUp
- you've saved me loads of time!!!  THank you.....

Louise

"Joe_bruin" wrote:

> Yes Louise, I tried it for the first time today and it worked...  The
> key is again highlighting all the worksheets, and using the file/page
> setup to make header/footer,etc changes to all worksheets.
>
> And Gord:
> I believe I am correct when I say that those options are "greyed" out
> when you try and make changes to the "rows to repeat at top" and
> "columns to repeat at left" from print preview.  When in Print Preview
> the option is greyed out and is only allowed to be changed under
> file/page setup.  I may not have said it clearly, but to say I'm
> "incorrect", was a bit too much.

0
louise (71)
12/6/2005 8:58:02 AM
Joe

You are correct that these functions are grayed out when in Print Preview.

This is true even when not grouping sheets.

You then stated they were available with grouped sheets through File>Page
Setup.

Those two functions are also grayed out when you have multiple sheets
selected.

That is what I was referring to when I said you were incorrect.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 5 Dec 2005 17:22:21 -0800, "Joe_bruin" <fjmcgrath3@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes Louise, I tried it for the first time today and it worked...  The
>key is again highlighting all the worksheets, and using the file/page
>setup to make header/footer,etc changes to all worksheets.
>
>And Gord:
>I believe I am correct when I say that those options are "greyed" out
>when you try and make changes to the "rows to repeat at top" and
>"columns to repeat at left" from print preview.  When in Print Preview
>the option is greyed out and is only allowed to be changed under
>file/page setup.  I may not have said it clearly, but to say I'm
>"incorrect", was a bit too much.
0
Gord

Formatting Problem #2
I have a workbook with 9 worksheets. All but one of them are used to track different company projects, one is used for summary: various counts and sums. On the summary sheets, the individual project are separated by two blank rows. The summary data was formatted with borders. I need to remove the borders, which is easy to do. The problem is that when all the borders are removed, vertical "lines" remain that span many rows, between several columns. Removed gridlines, with no effect. These are not drawn objects. Does anyone have an idea how to remove this? Thanks Dudley Could th...

Leopard Upgrade -> File Format Not Valid -> every file is corrupted??? = I am up the creek
Hoping someone has an idea on this one. I recently upgraded a clients small network (4 comps) to OS X 10.5 The machines were a mix of 10.3 and 10.2 machines. I cloned all machines to ext hard drives and did an erase and install of Leopard on each. While there were certainly a few issues around the upgrade, mostly everything went fine...then the client tried to open his excel files, consisting of client databases and other essential information. No bueno. The excel files were stripped of their extensions at some point and finder calls them "unix executable files." Excel will not...

Finding templates and formats
Can you please tell me, where can I find a template or the format of a resignation letter? With much appreciation. Come on Mary...let's see you find a template for this poster :-D DavidF "mandm" <mandm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:724ADDB2-F04E-4AA7-AD35-59BD7CF9ECE7@microsoft.com... > Can you please tell me, where can I find a template or the format of a > resignation letter? With much appreciation. Here's an idea, http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/deadkennedys/takethisjobandshoveit.html -- Ron "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com>...

Only one record shows in input form
Good morning, I have created a database with Access 2003. I imported 17 records from Excel into the products table. When I open the input form to add new or correct the existing records, the input form sees only one of the 17 records. Can someone tell me why? If it will help to look at the database, I have uploaded it to: http://www.netstore02.com/db/ It is titled "trouble.mdb" Thank you for whatever help you can give me!! :>) Mary Hartman <MaryHartman@smallville.og> wrote in news:k5b1k35btmcn75o4n3nsolrt6ht6j3vlhl@4ax.com: > > Good morning, > > I h...

How to migrate the data from one server to another server
I wants to transfer all the data, setting from one CRM server to another CRM server Both versions are CRM 3.0 How can I do so ? Microsoft CRM Redeployment is the best option. It is located in the CRM Server CD folder: \RedeploymentTool It also contains good instructions. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Hughs Man" wrote: > I wants to transfer all the data, setting from one CRM server to another CRM > server > Both versions are CRM 3.0 > > How can I do so ? > > > Just keep in mind that with the ...

Moving sheets between workbooks
Hi group, More often than I like to admit I find that I have to move a chart into another workbook, maybe even onto another computer, with a slightly different file tree. Then all links get messed up, of course. Is there some clever way of telling Excel that now everything is righ here, in this very workbook, or such? Like "My Documents" are on E:, not C:! And what about macros. I have quite simple macros that are *in the workbook* where they will be used. Is there some way to tell Excel to "Look no further, forget about that other computer and that other file tree, everyt...

Number Format #14
Is there a way I can format a number so that significant 0's and a letter are conditional? I currently use: ?0"g" ?0"s" ?0"c" - which formats like so: 100000 = 10g 00s 00c 100010 = 10g 00s 10c 1000 = 0g 10s 00c What I wish to have is a code that formats like so: 101010 = 10g 10s 10c 10000 = 10s 10 = 10c 100010 = 10g 10c Is this possible? -- LoganStallworth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LoganStallworth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27561 View this thre...

Time formatting issues
I am nearly finished working on my latest project, a data entry GUI in VBA (2003), and have run into difficulties dealing with time values. Brief project background: It is a simple data entry form which takes various bits of flight data and enters them onto a spreadsheet. The key entries I'm having trouble with are 'Time' values. Two fields are automatically populated with the appropriate 'Departure' and 'Arrival' times based on a 'ListIndex' run during initialization, which allows values for the 'Flight Numbers'. An 'If...Then' stat...

How does one talk to a USB port
Bought a bar code scanner, came with USB cable. No drivers or anything like that. I'm wondering how to listen to a device on a USB port. Hoping theres a microsoft class or something that makes it relatively easy. I've done serial ports before so familiar with the CreateFile idea, but cant find any MSDN info on how to talk to a USB port. Want to use VC++ Thx. You can use CreateFile,ReadFile, and WriteFile methods for accessing the USB. Cheers Jagadeesh "Vapour" <Vapour@net.com> wrote in message news:c1tq6d$qlo$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Bought a bar code sc...

conditional formatting?
I have two columns....some of the cells in Column A differ from the cells in column B...how do I hilight the cells in column A that are different from the ones in column B? thanks! Jo Either CF/ Cell Value Is/ not equal to/ =B1 Or CF/ Formula Is/ =A1<>B1 -- David Biddulph "Joann" <Joann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FF801B4-6011-4132-942C-94892781C20C@microsoft.com... >I have two columns....some of the cells in Column A differ from the cells >in > column B...how do I hilight the cells in column A that are different from...

ISBN #'s starting w/ "0" are deleted, how to format so "0" stays put
Hello, I need to know how to format a list of cells that contain ISBN #'s so that when an ISBN starting with a "0" the zero stays. I am working w/ Excel 97. I have tried to format the cell to "Text" but then the zeros are deleted. What I am doing is copying and pasting from another spreadsheet. So, the ISBN looks like this at first: 0-889658-27-8 Then I say "Replace "-" with nothing. So then I get: 889658278 So, what I want is: 0889658278 Got me? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! I suggest formatting the cells as text *prior* to pa...

How to merge 10 files in one step?
Hi Everyone I would like to check is it possible to merge 10 files with the same format together with one step or less steps when compared to opening up 10 files and then copy and paste? I would really appreciate any help given... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements There is no way built into Excel to do a merge other than copy/paste. (Well, there is th...

date format #32
i have a sheet where in some cells the date are in ddmmyy format along with text & in some cells mmddyy format along with text. is there any command to change all in mmddyy format On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 03:40:03 -0700, "Ankur" <Ankur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have a sheet where in some cells the date are in ddmmyy format along with >text & in some cells mmddyy format along with text. > >is there any command to change all in mmddyy format You need to describe more precisely exactly what is in the cells, and how one can tell the difference betwee...

Display ranges from one worksheet to another
I am running excel 2003. I have been given the task of creating a workbook where on one main sheet I want to display named ranges from up to 4 other worksheets based on the user selection. The ranges are work weeks and we want to be able to display 8 weeks at a time for resource planning. Can someone point me in a direction where I can find a way to do this? Thank you. Check Ron's site under the Copy/Paste section. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Opal" <tmwelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eb392038-e6ab-46b0-a3d6-eb0df5c7a0fd@h2g2000vbd...

Excel default date format
1) The default date format for Excel is "21-Mar" when I enter date recognized data. This is unusable for me, I need the year displayed. How do I change the default date format to display the year. 2) With default also, Excel sometimes requires "=" in equations and sometimes not; i.e., if I enter a '-' it converts the cell to an equation. How do i stop this so that it only makes equations when I enter '='. 3) How do I get help on Excel inconsistancies like the above in Excel documentation anywhere? mjk #1. If I type in the date that includes the ye...

Highlighting text using conditional formatting
Hi All I'm trying to highlight certain text in a list - namely all text that end with river, stream or creek. I've been trying to use conditional formatting but for some reason I can't seem to get it to go (I would have thought * wildcard would have done the trick but no such luck). Ideally you would have a different colour for rivers, creeks and streams. The list is like this Grey River Brash Creek Fred Stream Hell Stream Roger River Turd Creek and so on (about 3000 entries) Any ideas about how you can do this? Feedback appreciated. Thanks Mike Try this... Select the text ...

Spam sent to one user goes to other users ?
Users in general complain that all of sudden junk e-mail appears in their Inboxes, but I see that "to" line is to=myUserA@mycompany.com. That means that the spam that targeted myuserA appears in the inboxes of myUserB and everybody else. Although users that receive such e-mail are various so far, the "to" line is consistent 'to=myUserA'. This is very interesting because I do have MailEssentials running and blocking mail based on DNSBL. Have you ever seen such thing ? -----Original Message----- From: Beau Morton [mailto:whitener@doneasy.com] Sent: Friday, Marc...

How to pass value from one form to another form.
I have the following code in BookList.aspx: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <div> <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="LibSysDataSource" AllowPaging="True"> <Columns> <asp:BoundField DataField="AccessionNo" HeaderText="Accession No" /> <asp:BoundField DataField="Title" HeaderText="Title" SortExpression="Title&qu...

different pages on each sheet in publisher?
I am trying to do wedding invitations, each page is 3.5 x 7.50, 3.5 x 7.75 and 3.5 x 8. How can I put one of each of these on the page? Also, How can I do tear off reply cards and have the guests names and quantity invited on each one? These are 3.5 x 8.25. Thank you On the three pages sizes, set separate files for each page making three like pages per sheet of paper. On the last page, the one with the tear off reply, you didn't say what size page it was being torn off; if it's an 8.5 x 11 just make it the bottom 3.5 inches. Seems you will be using a paper cutter extensive...

Named sheet to change Cells names
Situation is really tricky for me, (D;E) 4 in one peace, and i need it to be named as my sheet but not fully, Sheet name is T 060_esik (and "esik" part needs transport into cell D;E4) is it possible? I guess i explained correctly! Thnx Let's assume that your sheetname hastwo parts separated by an underscore. The following UDF will return the part following that underscore: Function sname(r As Range) Application.Volatile sname = Split(r.Parent.Name, "_")(1) End Function So if the sheetname is qwerty_asdf =sname(A1) will display: asdf -- Gary''s Student ...

How can I get vacant lines in a sheet to not print
In Lotus 123 the following formula @IF((F25+H25)=0,"|--","") in the first cell of each row in a print range would place the pipe symbol in that cell. Any rows with the symbol would not print when the range was printed. This is very helpful when you don't need to print rows that do not contain data. Such as inventory items with no qunatities. How can I get Excel to do the same thing. Some of my spread sheets may have hundreds of rows but I only need to print those with data. Sorting first is not an option. look at autofilter in Help. "Luapremrub" ...

One file in Excel will not open.
Can anyone offer help on this one? We have a user running Excel 2000 and there is one spreadsheet that is just over 3MB that he cannot open. If we try from another machine, the file opens no problem, but on his machine it will not. It appears to load the first worksheet, but the mouse stays in an hourglass and he cannot edit it. Eventually he has to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the program. The odd thing is, he can open any other Excel sheet, even larger ones, without a problem! Can anyone give a suggestion? I have tried Excel in safe mode, I have tried an older version of the file that u...

Getting contents of a cell when cell reference is in the sheet
If I have a cell reference in a cell, how could I get the contents of the cell instead of the cell reference again. For example, A B C D 1 2 5 3 'A2' 4 How could I see the contents of cell A2 using the information in cell C3. I'm matching one number with another in different worksheets and want to get a value from the same row as the match. I can get it to return the address of the data I want to get, but can't get the data. Incorporate INDIRECT()... i.e. =INDIRECT(A2) will return the contents of A2. -- Regards, Dave "A Nelso...

how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new.
how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new spreadsheet Create a new workbook Change the Normal style (Format>Styles from the menu) to reflect your preferred number format. You can also change font style and size if your prefer. Save the workbook as a template - choosing File>Save As and select Template under the 'Save As Type' dropdown at the bottom, saving it with the name BOOK.XLT in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\ If you have an older or newer version, you may not see the Office10 subdirectory, so adjust as appr...

Link chart format to a cell
I want to create a chart that changes format depending on value in a special cell. For exemple a bar chart that for one value have blue bars (the whole chart) and for another value red bars? Please anyone? On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, vito <vito@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to create a chart that changes format depending on value in a special >For exemple a bar chart that for one value have blue bars (the whole chart) >and for another value red bars? You can't, it's not possible in Excel. But you can have two series, one which...