Format a macro button

I have placed a button on my speadsheet from the forms toolbar and have
assigned a macro to it. I can format the text in the button. How do I format
or color in the button's background?

Hi Rickster

I doubt if Form buttons can be formatted.  Why don't u use activeX buttons
instead of form buttons. Active X buttons are more interactive and you can
change the color of these buttons by changing the backcolor property.  Simply
place a command button in your sheet from Visal Basic toolbox, say the button
is CommandButton1.  Double the button and place your macro
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

'Place your macro here

End Sub
from properties window select the backcolor which you want

Regards
Om

"Rickster" wrote:

> I have placed a button on my speadsheet from the forms toolbar and have
> assigned a macro to it. I can format the text in the button. How do I format
> or color in the button's background?
You can color your macro buttons in 2007 by utilizing the "BackColor" option
on the userform for that button.

"Rickster" wrote:

> I have placed a button on my speadsheet from the forms toolbar and have
> assigned a macro to it. I can format the text in the button. How do I format
> or color in the button's background?

Copy/Past from Word-spreadsheet format alignment disregarded
I copy cell data from Word and used the clipboard to paste into Excel cells. I had preformatted the spreadsheet with the Format, Alignment, wrap text. But when I pasted into each cell from the clipboard, it came in unwrapped. What is the best practice for doing this efficiently. I have lots to copypaste! -- Janet A. Format the cells to Word Wrap. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Janet A. Thompson" <JanetA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE9E9FBD-2F31-4553-A91A-3F8D49838301@microsoft.com... >I copy cell data from Word and used ...

Paste Special, Format Trouble
Greetings all, I am having trouble with a spreadsheet I am working on. The spreadsheet is arranged as about 20,000 lines, 16 colums. (which I gather is not terribly big considering some of the spreadsheets I have read about) The data is grouped as follows: SAMP1 ELEMENT 1 X...(+ 13 colums) ELEMENT 2 Y... DATE TIME SAMP 2 ELEMENT 1 X... ELEMENT 2 Y... DATE TIME ETC. Once I have about 13 colums of element concentrations, I go to the end colum and calculate the average...so far, so good. Next, I would like to apply condit...

Custom Format to divide by 10
Hi All I was wondering if you can create a custom format to divide by 10. As you know you can create a custom format for 1000 i.e. 0, and 1m i.e. 0,,. I was looking to do a similar style for this group of cells and I don't really want to use the Paste Special and Divide or linking to another cell to divide. Thanks Ailish Can't think of way of formatting this - hopefully some other bright spark will... You could use a macro: ' ------------------- Sub DivideBy10() Dim cel As Range For Each cel In Selection If cel.HasFormula = False Then cel.Value = cel.Value / 10 ...

Macros #49
how can i search a table or records and edit found record using a macro without user input? Not a lot of info provided here to provide specific help. Try a user-defined Function. Loads of help on this using a Google search and on http://www.exceltip.com/. -- HiArt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19953 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=402052 ...

Pls. Help with Macro!!!!
I'm trying to create a macro that will execute the funcyion below on a three columns of data (C, E,F). The columns can vary in length from 26 to 60+ entries. How do go about doing this? =IF(E2=0,"? RT = "&TEXT(F2,"###.00"),C2) Any help is very much appreciated. lovebaby wrote: > I'm trying to create a macro that will execute the funcyion below on a > three columns of data (C, E,F). The columns can vary in length from 26 > to 60+ entries. > > How do go about doing this? > > > =IF(E2=0,"? RT = "&TEXT(F2,"###.00&q...

How do I cut and paste using a macro....
Hello. I'm having trouble creating a macro that will let me cut postcodes from one cell and paste into another cell. I would appreciate if anybody can help me. What I have, is a large excel spreadsheet with a couple of thousand names and addresses. The address fields start in column B through to G. Each line of the address should be in a separate cell within each row, but the postcodes have all ended up in the same cell as the last line of the address. I need to cut the postcodes out of these cells and paste them into column H which is empty. The addresses are different lengths, leavi...

Exchange 2k3
I have a real quick question regarding Internet Message Formats and Exchange 2k3. Basically, I'd like all exchange users to email using the default Internet Message. The domain is * for this rule. However, whenever users email the domain: x.domain.org - (a local domain btw, it's a unix machine that accepts smtp) - i would like uuencode, plain text used only. However, my problem is that the new domain I created in Internet Message Formats doesn't work. I created ad added the domain - x.domain.org - and set the message format to uuencode and never use "rich-text format&...

mail format #4
i have outlook 2002 and sometimes not all the time when i receive emails, i open it and nothing is there, but if i change the format of the email to plain text i can then see it. i received 2 emails this week that were in rich text format when i open them there is nothin there, but when i change it to plain text i can view it. anyone know why? If you make a selection in the mail do you text then? If so the text is white -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create ...

excel macro mail send
Hello, I'm using this vb macro code for sending mail. --------------------------------------------------------------- Sub mailto_Selection() Dim Email As String, Subj As String, cell As Range Dim response As Variant Dim msg As String, url As String Email = "" 'create list below Subj = "Family Newsletter" msg = "Here needs to be named range from excel(some text)" '-- Create the URL For Each cell In Selection Email = Email & cell.Text & "; " Next cell url = "mailto:" &...

Using Activebook.Unprotect in macro giving errors (Password)
I have scoured net for answer without success, & hope someone here can help. I have two procedures in my file The first Hides a specific sheet & then protects the workbook WITH A PASSWORD to prevent user from displaying - seems to work fine... Sub Hide() On Error Resume Next Sheets(2).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False ActiveWorkbook.Protect Structure:=True, Windows:=False, Password:="Mypassword" End Sub The 2nd should allow a user who has the password to unprotect & view the sheet, but it doesnt work! Sub Show() ' ...

Formatting Comment box
Hi, I am wanting to know if anyone can point me in the right direction to this small problem. When I create a comment box it has the font Tahoma and is size 8. Does anyone know if it is possible to alter this and reset the default. I am using Excel 2000 (9.0.2720) Thanks in advance. Goldie Try: Right-click on any empty space in the desktop > choose Properties Select Appearance tab > click Item dropdown menu > choose Tooltip Choose a font size > OK -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik for email ----------------------...

Daily Macro for 31 days
I am having problems with the Macro below. The 6th line is off somehow or 6,7,8,9, being off. Would appreciate any help on the line or any other problem you see with the Macro. Sub BuildingSalvage() 'Assuming row Corresponds to date: 'Sub MyMacro() 'Dim x As Integer 'Determine what day it is x = Format(Date, "d") Cells(x, "G").Formula = Date Cells(x, "J").FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-1]*7" Cells(x, "K").FormulaR1C1 = "=R[7]C[-5]" Range("f32").Select Selection.Copy Range("K").Select ...

Custom Format for Null or Zero Values
I am using the following custom format for null and zero values... #,##0.00;(#,##0.00)[Red];-;- ....but when my report runs all the columns do not line up. The dash ("-") for null or zero values is much farther right than the rest fo the values. I would like it to line up with the last decimal place showing. Please help... ...

Excel macro 06-03-10
Hi, i need a macro to copy from one cell the text below and to paste only the contenet of the parenthesis. Invoice currency (USD): I need to paste only USD. The currency can contain "USD, EUR' CHF,...etc" Can this be done? Thanks! One way...to return the text Dim strData As String strData = "Invoice currency (USD):(ind)" MsgBox Split(Split(strData, "(")(1), ")")(0) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "puiuluipui" wrote: > Hi, i need a macro to copy from one cell the text below and to paste only the > contenet of th...

Time Format #9
Hello all Probably missing something, but I can't seem to find anything on a time format I want to use. I want to enter some times in the format of Minutes: Seconds : Hundreds of a second. Will Excel accdept hundredths of a second, & if so, what format do I use. Additionally, I don't particularly want to enter hours. It is for swimming times over small distances (50 & 100 Metres etc) I can't find any mention in the help files. Thanks Tony McGee Tony, Use a custom format of mm:ss.000 -- HTH RP "Tony McGee" <tony@tmsoft.com.au> wrote in mess...

Macros
I may be way over my head on this one... I'm creating a template so that I can enter in a running total of job #'s and their supplies. One job # may appear more than once in my spreadsheet. I'm trying to create a macro that will sort by job number (column A), and then provide subtotals for columns B thru J. Next, I want the grand totals of each column (B thru H) to be multiplied by the set amt indicated above the column name. (The amts will stay at B5 thru H5). The grand total of column J should just be copied down to the same row as the multiplied amounts. Lastly, I added ...

AUTO_OPEN MSGBOX with button to perminently stop it
Im trying to create a MSGBOX in my AUTO_OPEN macro that displays message and has the YES/NO option. If Yes is pushed the MSGBOX will po up each time the workbook is opened, if NO is pushed the MSGBOX will no open again. Does anyone know a way of doing this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hello One very simple but tricky way would be to place some value in a cell of your workbook (1/0 or TRUE/FALSE for example) and then test this value in your auto_open macro to choose the relevant action. HTH Cordially Pascal "LB79 >" <<LB79.1atgtr@excelforum-nospam.c...

Change format of the date in Visio?
When I want to use the Timline-function in Visio I get disturbed that it isn't possible to change the format of the date for example for an interval or a milestone to the way i want it. I would like it to be "Friday 16/2" instead of the ways that is possible to chose (not written out the month in letter nor the year). Is it possible to change into this easily? Thanks On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:27:01 -0800, Smeeed <Smeeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I want to use the Timline-function in Visio I get disturbed that it >isn't possible to change the for...

Office 2003 SP3 changed lookup field format
In machines that I applied Office 2003 SP3 my Access DB lookup fields that should have a Yes/No formated columns have changed to 0 and -1. On the machines that I have not yet gotten to this has not happened. I can't uninstall the update so how can I fix this short of uninstalling and reinstall the whole Office 2003 Pro suite? I looked at the underlying queries and they are formated correctly. It is only on the form that the format has changed. Thanks, Gene 1. Remove any formatting at table level and apply formatting at FORM level. 2. If you are using lookup fields within your ...

Defining formats (i.e. bold, underline) for fields in forms/report
I need to define formats (i.e. bold, underline) for reference table fields. For example, let’s say reference table A contains three fields: Field1, Field2, Field3 and two rows. Reference Table A ID _Num Field1 Field2 Field3 1 Single Double Triple 2 Single Double Quadruple Forms need to know that for row 1 Double will be in bold and Triple will be underlined. However, for row 2, only Quadruple need to display in bold on forms, reports, etc. On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 06:33:02 -0700, NewToAccess <NewToAccess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to define formats...

every button causes error
1. Have ms outlook 2000 prof. All of te buttons, except the "send/receive" results in following error message: "Outlook has caused an error in mso9.dll. Outlook will now close." Any clues? Can't do anything. 2. Need to reinstall? Can I just copy my pst file and then to keep all my items from address book and old emails, then just update them? Help please. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=241817 -- ~jason k "jamiet" <jamie@forecastgolf.com> wrote in message news:02d701c3cfe6$fafe3fa0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > 1. Have ms outlook 2000 prof...

Outlook 2003 toolbar doesn't highlight buttons.
My "New" "Reply" "Reply to all" and "Forward" buttons do not work and I can not do any of these functions. How do I reset / fix this problem? "emailbandit" <emailbandit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9B0E4F2-9EAD-42E7-A33C-9C10510FD788@microsoft.com... > My "New" "Reply" "Reply to all" and "Forward" buttons do not work and I can > not do any of these functions. How do I reset / fix this problem? Did it ever work? If so, what changed on your PC between then an...

Question regarding test format: date + text
Hello, I want an input mask where the date is entered automatically before the date which is entered. Sort of like this: "date()"- Thanks, Baz On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 11:56:01 -0800, BazEWR <BazEWR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >I want an input mask where the date is entered automatically before the date >which is entered. Sort of like this: >"date()"- > >Thanks, >Baz An Input Mask is not capable of doing this. You can probably do what you want using VBA code or a form event, but it's not at all clear to me what you want! If yo...

VBA cell selection and format
I have a macro that produces a list of cell references in this format o sheet1, in cell A1:A3 (note the range can grow or shrink) Sheet2!C15 Sheet2!D53 Sheet2!G70 what would be the best way to now highlight the cell references an format the background of these cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myRng As Range Dim myCell As Range Dim testRng As Range With Worksheets("sheet1") Set myRng = .Range("a1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)) For Each myCe...

Toggle Button Reset
Is it possible to reset the toggle button by pressing another commandbutton i.e. press Button1 and the toggle button restores to itsoriginal state i.e. not depressed?Thanks Yes. The other button sets the toggle to False, e.g.: Me.[Toggle2].Value = False-- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western AustraliaTips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.htmlReply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org."Asif" <asifhashmani@hotmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1174478672.610943.239110@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...> Is it possible to reset the toggle button ...