Format a certain column

I would like to format a certain column, meaning for example the 5th column
from the left to be seen. This should not automatically be the E-column!! If
for example the B and C column are hidden, I want the format to be for the
G-column. Does anybody have an idea how to do that??

Thanks,
0
Teresa (33)

Teresa,

By "format," you mean use a certain fill color, or something like that (the
Excel meaning of "format")?  If so, a macro will have to do it if columns
are being hidden and unhidden, deleted and inserted, and the formatting must
change dynamically.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Teresa" <Teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to format a certain column, meaning for example the 5th column
> from the left to be seen. This should not automatically be the E-column!!
> If
> for example the B and C column are hidden, I want the format to be for the
> G-column. Does anybody have an idea how to do that??
>
> Thanks,

0
someone798 (944)

Column Report (Right to Left)
Good Evening. I have a report that I have finally managed to arrange such that I can print landscape on the front page and Portrait on the back. I have one problem left.... The back page has a columnar subreport in the lower fifths of the page. The subreport functions fine except i need it to fill from right to left. The data is in the proper order but the report fills from left to right? How can I fix this? Thank You Tirelle ...

How do I specify column for named range of rows
I have a sheet on which new lines of data get added almost daily, the first column being a time and date stamp. To keep things organized, I name ranges of rows, describing the time interval they contain. For example, the range $10:$500 could be named "June". Now I want to chart different time intervals in a chart only by changing the name in the SERIES function. For example, if I am plotting column B against time, I would want to specify like SERIES(,June A, June B). I know this syntax is not accpeted, but is there any way it can be done, specifying only the column and ro...

Questions on format of Select statement
SELECT tblCalls.ColTime, tblCalls.colProblem, tblCalls.colResolution from tblCalls, in dbCallLogs WHERE tblCalls.colResolution from tblCalls, in dbCallLogs where tblCalls.ColTime >= #12/1/2006# <= #3/2/2007# ORDER BY tblCalls.ColTime DESC; I want to know if this is right? I notice in some queries the table name before the column name is missing? Also when do you have to put in the database name? Is it the same in Access as SQL Server? I want the most recent first. I want those records betweeb 12.1.06 and 3.01.07. thanks, On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:30:07 -0700, Janis <Janis...

Acc2002: Crosstabs: Column header length limit?
Dear all, crosstabs in Access 2002 seem to have a limit for the length of column headers: 20 characters. Queries with headers that differ only after the first 20 characters do not work. Any suggestions to get it work? Is there, e.g., any registry parameter that could be adjusted? Thanks for every hint, JotKa I think you would find the same thing to be true for field names in a table or controls on a form. AFAIK, there is no workaround. Make sure the first 20 characters are unique. -- HTH, George "JotKa" <JotKa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B12...

How to retrieve old email after formatting pc
since windows vista infected virus that crash the windows system, i format my laptop and use windows 7. But i forget to backup my ms outlook 2007 email. Can anyone expert in here give an idea or any software that can retrieve back all my email, because it really important email its related with my work. for your info i use company email that out souce to webmail provider. Thank You. Do you have an older backup? Were copies of the mail stored on the server? Recovering it after a reformat is very tricky (and expensive) business and there's no guarantee it'll even work. ...

Pasting into columns...
Hi. I've used Excel 97 for years. One of the things I did frequently was copy info from my bank accounts and paste (special/unformatted text) into a workbook. The data always pasted neatly into my preformatted columns, e.g., a line reading "02/28/2007 Check 2100 $500.00 $1500.00" went into columns headed Date, Transaction, Amount, Balance. Now I've upgraded to Excel 2003 (in Windows Vista) and when I paste the same data it all goes into the first column, meaning I have to cut "Check 2100", "$500.00", and "$1500.00" and paste each indivi...

Eliminate duplicates(values) in an Excel column !!
Hi Guys G'day. I have a long list of email values in a column in excel spreadsheet(windows 2000). I want to findout the duplicates and want to eliminate those. ie. If I have jo@cs.co.au 5 times in an excel column , I just want to keep only one(keep uniqueness). Can anybody help me how I can find the duplicates and eliminate those in an Excel column. In the end I want a column which contains unique email addresses. Thank you. Jo Jo, have a look at data, filter, advanced filter and unique records only and see if this will do what you want -- Paul B Always backup your data before tryin...

Strange character on sheet prevents correct formatting
I have a spreadsheet in 2000, that has the ` character, right in front of all the text in every cell. I know this is a non-showing character. When I try to change my date format from xx/xx/xx to xx/xx/xxxx this character prevents this from happening. If I delete this either in the cell itself or the formula bar the format will then change My problem is I have another spreadsheet that has this about 500 times and so far I have only been able to do it manually. Can anyone tell me how to remove this on the entire sheet? The only thing I haven't tried is the "clean" command...

Wrap text around certain section/paragraph
Hi, I have a paragraph and a table on a page. I want to wrap all text around that certain page. That is no matter what happens, that one paragraph and the table underneath it should stay on page 16!!! I have searched for 2 hours already... cant find solution You can't wrap text around an entire page. Anything that is text-wrapped must be anchored to a text paragraph. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "VBforlifeYO" <VBforlifeYO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9B...

Added data in columns
I am new to Excel. I have a project I am working on in which I have a column with a value from 1 to 5. Each number (and in some columns letters) represents a different answer. Is there a way to add the total number of each value? For instance I have over 2000 rows with data. In column "N", an answer can be either 1,2,3,4 or 5. How would I figure out how many answers are "1", how many are "2" an so on. Likewise there is a column with a yes/no answer. How can I see the total number of Yes's and how many No's there are? I appreciate any help. Hi ...

Formatting Worksheet Rows
Is it possible to format every other row to be shaded - then when adding a row in the middle of the document it would reset the all rows following to reset to every other row being white and every other row shaded > Is it possible to format every other row to be shaded - > then when adding a row in the middle of the document it > would reset the all rows following to reset to every other > row being white and every other row shaded If I understand the requirement correctly, one way would be to use Format >> Conditional formatting with the formula condition =MOD(...

How do I merge many identically formatted worksheets into one?
Hi Doug Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB009851-D8E0-4196-A24A-BCE95A76A0C6@microsoft.com... > ...

Help with looping thru columns
I trying to automate a report that is ran in Cognos, and extracted to an excel file. I am almost complete, but am having trouble with totaling coulmuns. Basically, There are 7 columns which are to be totaled. My limitation is this: IF column 'D' is = "G" then loop thru Rows and Columns to process G Totals Then IF column 'D' is = "N" then loop thru Rows & Columns to Process N Totals Then Total the Totals for "G" and "N"; Example: A B C D E F G H I J Total 2915R NOYR 131000 G 0.00 (470.28) 0.00...

Determining How An Existing Cell Is Formatted ?
ello, Is it possible to see how a particular is formatted for ? I did a little experimenting, and it seems that if I put in text, or numbers, and go to Format Cell, it "seems" to indicate the Format is General, for both. Is there some command that would return an inquiry to a text cell as it truly being "Text" ? And, I understand that text when entered shows up to the left of the cell, numbers to the right. If I change the left-right position with the Alignment buttons, does this change the actual Format of the cell ? Thanks, Bob See help on Information Function...

Clear Cell Format
Some time ago, from a post by JE McGimpsey, I learned the following macro, which will toggle the substitution of "." with ":" However it left the cell in Time Format after its initial entry. How do I clear the Time Format, when decimal point is back to normal state. Please, Public Sub ToggleDotTime() Dim strmsg As String strmsg = "Decimal Point is NORMAL" With Application.AutoCorrect On Error Resume Next .DeleteReplacement (".") If Err Then .AddReplacement ".", &...

Lookup column
Hello Everyone, I have a lookup column in my database with two parts. One part lists the supplier's name with the supplier's ID number directly accross in the other part. i enter data via a form. What I would like to do is select the supplier field on the form but have the supplier's ID number auto populate in another field on the form. Is this possible or am I going about this the wrong way? Thanks. If by "lookup column" you mean a combo box, and if both the supplier name and supplier ID appear in the combo box list, then you can use the column method to accomp...

Conditional Format Blanks
Hi, I have read the previous threads on this subject, however I can't find a response to my need. I am trying to apply conditional formatting to cells using a macro. However my range of data changes daily. What I would like to do is apply the conditional formatting to blanks in column F, ONLY if the cell next to it in Column E is NOT Blank. That way I can select the column as part of the macro, and not have to worry about my Blank cells beyond my data range being conditionally formatted. All help appreciated Thanks The CF formula would be =AND(E2<>"",F2="") ...

Move columns in datasheet view
In Access 2003, I'm finding that I can't move columns in a form in datasheet view mode. I was able to do this in Access 97, and Help seems to show similar instructions for moving the columns. I don't see the pointer change to a rectangle as it did in AC97. The columns aren't frozen. Is this a bug? Thanks. -- David Jones Hi David, I just tried it on a new form in Access 2003 and I could move the columns. Jeanette Cunningham "d381e" <d381e@lycos.com> wrote in message news:47618A68.6080803@lycos.com... > In Access 2003, I'm finding that I can'...

Conditional Formatting No Longer Working
I created a spreadsheet with conditional formatting in the 97-2003 version... I've recently updated to 2007 Office and not sure if that has anything to do with it, but, when I create new conditional formatting on that same file, I have to 'step off' the spreadsheet for the condition to work. i.e. if $C$29="Yes" turn B7 Red Bold Font... so, I change C29 to Yes... but, B7 doesn't change unless I actuall go off of Excel (not close it) and come back... I can see that B7 is 'trying' to change, but, not entirely. I've tried saving the document as...

Conditional Formating & Rand() function
Hi there, I have an Excel 97 (I know, not my fault - blame work!) workbook wit the following column headings: ID, NAME, ADDRESS ID is numbered with integers from 1-9 and the others populated a appropriate. I have created a random number in a cell away from this data (A13, a it happens), using =RAND()*(9-1)+1 As you all no doubt know, this creates a random number between 1 & 9 The number it produces is not an integer, and is, I have little doubt the root of my problem. What I wanted to do was apply conditional formatting such that if th number produced by the random function = th...

Stacked Column Chart...HELP NEEDED
I would like to stack 2 sets of data side by side for each month. For example, I have Category A (type 1, type 2) and Category B (type 1, type 2). I am using a stacked column chart and cannot seem to do this without jumbling around the data section which doesn't make for easy understanding. Different chart type? Any ideas? If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm and the following MSKB article has an example: XL200...

Compare two columns datas
Hi, Lookin for an easy way to tell TRUE if two columns values are EXACTLY the same (same row, same value) and FALSE if not... Is there an Excel function to do that ? Or will I have to check every cell (if A1=B1, A2= B2,....) thks for help. =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100<>""),--(A1:A100=B1:B100))=MAX(COUNTA(A1:A100),COUNTA( B1:B100)) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Franck" <wesley.saris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1113814052.562556.195190@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Lookin for an easy way to tell TRUE ...

Conditional format of a control
I have a form that among other things has on it a field called 'EndDate". I need to add a field that will be conditionally formatted. If the Date is greater than Enddate, the field is to contain the text "Expired" in red. If not, the field is to be a blank and transparent. IOW, if the condition is met, red letters but otherwise, it just disappears. The field is not in the database. It's for display only. I've spent 2 hours trying all sorts of things to no avail. How can this be done? Thanks. Eric On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:26:01 -0700, Toller ...

Conditional Formatting Question
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that shows the top ten cell phone users for eac month, and I would like to apply some type of conditional formatting s it highlights all the duplicate names each with its own color. For example: John Smith = Fill Yellow Jack Johnson = Fill Green Does someone know a way I could do this? Thanks, Olimits -- olimits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- olimits7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39458 Do ...

Formating Cells in Excel
Can I format a cell to automatically show a value in red if the value is a negative %? Sure, go to Format->Cells->Number and paste this format in the custom type: 0%;[Red]-0% Regards, A "David" wrote: > Can I format a cell to automatically show a value in red if the value is a > negative %? yes- go to Format and select Conditional Formatting. It works like a formula box with IF (cell) is equal/greater/less than than XXXX, then (insert format result- like Font Red) "David" wrote: > Can I format a cell to automatically show a value in red if the val...