forgot the !#@$ password

I've protected a work sheet and now want to unprotect.

In my hurry to finish the project, I didn't write down
the password.

Does anyone know how to reset the file to be unprotected?

I'm in a jam and have a critical deadline coming up.

Thanks!
0
bodonnell (1)

Password Security
Hi all, We recently got a exchange 2003 server, but we are not happy with the strict password requirements. Where does one lower the require password security level? Thanks, Jesse Ask your Active Directory team. On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:49:06 -0800, "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >We recently got a exchange 2003 server, but we are not happy with the strict >password requirements. Where does one lower the require password security >level? > >Thanks, >Jesse ...

UNLOCK PASSWORD
I have locked myself out and lost the key. I have an old spreadsheet and protected it. Now I want to change it and have tried every combination of passwords I have used over the years and can't do it. Is the password hidden somewhere within the Office or Excel files so I can get it? Depending what you have protected: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Otherwise, try google. -- Steve "Bill" <wlaber@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ehzjCnEIJHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I have locked myself out and lost the key. I have an old spreadsheet...

Saving Password in Outlook 03
Where in Outlook 2003 can I type in my password so I won't be prompted for it everytime I log onto our exchange server? We have it setup to read our email from the exchange server in our sister office in GA. Thanks (running XP Pro) Hi, - go under Tools -> E-mail Accounts... - select "View or change existing e-mail accounts" and click next - select your exchange server account and click Change - click "more settings" - click the security tab - uncheck "Always Prompt for user name and password" - ok, next, finish Hope that helps Steve It's a...

Password and POP, SMTP
I have the following problem, I have windows xp in my currently laptop, and I am using Outlook 2000, whe I have made the setting of my email I write my password and my pop and smtp, these two last I have received from my internet company service, but each time when I need check my email account the system always ask me about my password (the save password is activate) and I am not able to send any email, only I can received, the email address and the reply address are correct, I received this message "UNABLE TO CONECT TO THE SERVER" but I receive my email. If you have any s...

How can I remove workbook protection with no password?
I'm working in an Excel spreadsheet to collect data created by someone who no longer works here. He password protected the whole workbook, but nobody knows the password. I try to remove the protection, but obviously it asks me for his password. Is there any way to remove the protection on the workbook without the password??? Even if I could Save As the workbook under a new name and go from there would work for me, but I can't seem to do it. HELP!!! Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html In article <808B818C-C992-482C-BDBC-8306E2599A23...

password for outlook 2000
I would like to password protect Outlook 2000. That is the progam would not open at all without my password. I have tried the help but can not see how to do this. Anyone have any idea or I a missing something? Thanks for any help. To add a password to your personal folders follow these steps: 1.. If the Folder List is not visible, then click Folder List on the View menu. 2.. Right-click "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]", and then click Properties For "Personal Folders" on the shortcut menu. 3.. On the General tab, click Advanced. 4.. Click Change Passwo...

PASSWORD
Does anyone know if there is a cure for the "Enter Network Password" box which pops up intermittently? I have read and tried the fixes advised by Microsoft (including deleting the user sub key folder) but it still appears. Please, please, someone help me with this - it's driving me mad!! There must be a fix for it!!! On 14 Apr 2004 13:20, "Peter Thompson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a cure for the "Enter Network Password" >box which pops up intermittently? I have read and tried the fixes >ad...

Password Problem #7
I'm ytrying to set up online services with my bank but Money inducates that the password must be between 4 and 8 characters. My bank's password is longer. Does that mean I have to change my password on my bank's website for a shorter one. If this is the case, this is poorly designed. Thanks for any help, Eric In microsoft.public.money, canqueusamdnc wrote: >I'm ytrying to set up online services with my bank but Money inducates that >the password must be between 4 and 8 characters. My bank's password is >longer. Does that mean I have to change my password o...

Password Problem 2004
I just purchased Money 2004 and am trying to open my "My Money.mny" file from Money 200. It keeps asking for a password. I tried entering my password from 2000 and it doesn't work. How do I access my old files? I don't want to lose 3 years of info. I checked and it's not a read-only file. I tried restoring it and that also asks for a password. I tried uninstalling 2004 and reinstalling and that didn't help either. Please help. I've read all through this board and other people seem to have this problem too. Usually the answer is that they are tr...

password protection #6
Is there a way to remove a password from a password protected file? We had older files that I would like to remove from the drive but can't because some former employee password protected it. Thanks in advance help. Please disregard. I searched and found a post that answered the question. thanks "blkane" wrote: > Is there a way to remove a password from a password protected file? We had > older files that I would like to remove from the drive but can't because some > former employee password protected it. > > Thanks in advance help. ...

Store database password in Access
Hi All, I have an access file which linked with an orcale database. Everything when i query the file, I need to enter the id, pw & server name. Is there a way to store my login information into access so that I dont need to login everytime? Thank you very much!! Check the Save Password Box when you link your tables. . . "tom" <TOM.COM> wrote in message news:OOI4zZtZIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I have an access file which linked with an orcale database. Everything > when i query the file, I need to enter the id, pw & server nam...

Switchboard passwords
I have two switchboard pages. One with options for a user and one with options for an admin. On the main switchboard I have two selections: user and admin. I want to be able to attach a password to the admin selection so that when someone clicks it they will be prompted for a password and then directed to the admin switchboard. Do you have user level security enabled? If not, don't even bother the the Switchboard password. Why? With the database open, press the F11 key. Everyone can get at anything. You can disable special keys like F11; however, even that can be bypassed ...

Bank password
ok her it goes running money 06 upgraded around christmas all was well until on march 30th i added a second bank to my list of downloads to download info from and now my primary bank keeps telling me to give it a four digit password instead of the 6-10 password required by my bank. I have cleared the current online settings for my bank and am able to access my accounts but the moment i close money i have to go through the whole process again. Please help getting frustrated ...

Passport vs. Password
I have used money since 2002. I recently purchased a new computer so I backed my Money file up and transferred it to the new machine. When i try to open the file it asks for a password. I have no idea what its talking about! I always used my Passport to sign in, but the password for my passport doesn't work. What do I do? Jeff jmeeusen@uwm.edu In microsoft.public.money, Jeff wrote: >I have used money since 2002. > >I recently purchased a new computer so I backed my Money file up and >transferred it to the new machine. > >When i try to open the file it asks f...

outlook capability to password protect entry to email program
we are new users to Outlook/Outlook Express, we would like to use Outlook if we can prevent our kids from being able to click entry into outlook and viewing emails that have already been downloaded, etc. without a password. Outlook Express doesn't offer this protection, does Outlook? In Outlook; Rightclick Outlook Today-> Properties-> button Advanced-> button Change Password In OE; File-> Indentities-> Manage Identities...-> Properies-> Require Password -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create ...

forgot the password for Point of sale
I have a client who forgot the password for Point of sale. How can I delete or find the password ? I Know that some people said that go to administration and do someting. But this Point of sale(RMS) dosen't have administration icon. It has only Microsoft Dynamics Point of Sale Icon. ...

Password for out look express
Is there a way to set up a passwor for access to Outlook Express 6.0 for Windows 2000 Pro? Yes you can set-up a password for access to Outlook Express 6.0. 1. Open Outlook Express and go to File --> Identities --> Manage Identities. 2. Select the Identity that you want to password protect and click on Properties. 3. Check the box next to Require a Password. 4. Enter the desired password and click OK. 5. Close out of Outlook Express and then reopen Outlook Express. 6. You should now be prompted for a password. NOTE: If you forget the password Microsoft cannot help you to bypass th...

validating username and password in Active Directory
I am looking for help with the following task: 1. User clicks button on worksheet 2. Userform opens asking for username and password 3. The username and password information is verified against active directory 4. If username and password match AD, the user's initials are entered into a particular cell 5. If username and password do not match AD, a msgbox advises the user of the incorrect information. I already have the userform created and know how to do the msgbox stuff, I am just looking for the code to validate the user entered information to that in AD. Any sugges...

Password to The UP!
Password to The UP! - $60,000,000.00! Dear Member's, Thank you for requesting The Ultimate Program. You won't regret it! Every once in a while there comes along a SIMPLE, YET POWERFUL IDEA that you just know is right. This one is such an idea. "THE ULTIMATE PROGRAM" ( UP ) But before you get into the program I would like to briefly share with you more about it in my cover letter as this may be the MOST IMPORTANT PROGRAM YOU WILL EVER READ. THIS IS A BRAND NEW PROGRAM (Just Launched!) Statistics show that anyone who positions themselves during pre-launch of a successful...

How do I get rid of "compatibility mode" to protect passwords
I am told that as long as my Excel is in "compatability mode", the passwords are very easily discoverable. How do I get rid of that "mode". Thanks. I am assuming you are using Excel 2007... Not sure whether password protection would be better but you can save the spreadsheet in Excel 2007 format (.xlsx) by choosing SAVE AS option and then choosing Exel (.xlsx) as the format. "Rex1939" wrote: > I am told that as long as my Excel is in "compatability mode", the passwords > are very easily discoverable. How do I get rid of that &...

Password Problem
Hello everyone I have lots of users whom connect through the Internet to the Exchange 2000 server using either Outlook or Outlook express. Because of my gateway resides in the same computer than the exchange, the last uses port 6000 to send e-mails. The problem is that even with the passwords configured on the Outlook client, when the users try to send e-mail, the login screen comes up again, every time they close the outlook and re-open it it asks for password. I know I must validate the users that send mail to prevent the open relay, but is there something I can do to stop the password windo...

MS Excel expense sheet password lost
Hello. i'm trying to edit the a ms excel expense statement/re-imbursement template. unfortunately, it's password protected (and nobody at work knows what it is). does anyone know of a program that can crack an ms excel password or know a way of over coming this problem? all i want to do is duplicate, re-arrange, and rename the sheets. wil. Hi Wil check out http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html for information Cheers JulieD "Wil" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:Xns9622D5640ED93nospamnospamcom@207.46.248.16... > Hello. i'm trying ...

Outlook Password protect
Is there a way look in Outlook Express to Password Protect Outlook ,i am using outlook with normal POP and SMTP via ISP?? "JC Putter" <jcputter@centerweb.co.za> wrote in message news:%23W8gRLC9GHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way look in Outlook Express to Password Protect Outlook ,i am > using outlook with normal POP and SMTP via ISP?? > > OK, which are you using, Outlook, part of MS Office, or Outlook EXPRESS? ...

password
I'm looking for a way to find a forgotten password of a visio drawing. ...

won't remember password #3
I recently changed from O.E. to Outlook 2002 (10.3513.3501) SP-1. It's still inconsistent regarding be able to send emails (which is why I abandonded O.E.) Sometimes, but not always, hitting send/receive results in the logon window, with the remember password box unchecked. Sometimes when I recheck it, it works; other times the window just keeps popping back up repeatedly. ...