Foreign Exchange

With Excel 2003, is there a way to have a cell automatically update th
foreign exchange rate of yen to British pounds from the internet, an
then use that cell to do calculations

--
peterthistl
peterthistle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2892

Here's something to get you started:

Open a new workbook
On Sheet1, enter the following:
A1: FromCurrency
B1: CAD

A2: ToCurrency
B2: USD

A3: FromAmount
B3: 10000

A4: ToAmount
B4: =I3

Next:
Copy the below VBA code into a workbook module
(Note: I listed all of the options so you can play with the code)

'---Start of code
Option Explicit

Sub ConvertFX()
Dim FromCurr As String
Dim ToCurr As String
Dim FromAmt As Currency
Dim ToAmtLoc As String
Dim URL2Use As String

With ActiveSheet
   FromCurr = .Range("B1").Value
   ToCurr = .Range("B2").Value
   FromAmt = .Range("B3").Value
   ToAmtLoc = "A4"

   URL2Use = "URL;http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=" _
         & FromAmt & "&from=" _
         & FromCurr _
         & "&to=" & ToCurr _
         & "&submit=Convert"

    With .QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
        URL2Use _
        , Destination:=Range("E1"))
        .Name = "Convert_Currency_Result"
        .FieldNames = True
        .RowNumbers = False
        .FillAdjacentFormulas = False
        .PreserveFormatting = True
        .RefreshOnFileOpen = False
        .BackgroundQuery = True
        .RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells
        .SavePassword = False
        .SaveData = True
        .AdjustColumnWidth = True
        .RefreshPeriod = 0
        .WebSelectionType = xlSpecifiedTables
        .WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingNone
        .WebTables = "15"
        .WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = True
        .WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True
        .WebSingleBlockTextImport = False
        .WebDisableDateRecognition = False
        .WebDisableRedirections = False
        .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
   End With
End With
End Sub
'---End of code

Now, from the vb menu: Debug>Compile
to see if there are any errors.
If no...continue, below

Go to the Sheet1
Tools>Macro>Macros
Run: ConvertFX

If all goes well, the query results should appear in cells E1:K3 and cell B4
(the ToAmount) should display 8413.967 (the current conversion from Canadian
Dollars to US Dollars for 10,000.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"peterthistle" wrote:

> With Excel 2003, is there a way to have a cell automatically update the
> foreign exchange rate of yen to British pounds from the internet, and
> then use that cell to do calculations?
>

> --
> peterthistle
> peterthistle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28921
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486641

If the only currency conversion you ever want to do is from JPY to GBP, then

Data>Import External Data>New Web Query
-Use this website:
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=123.45&from=JPY&to=GBP&submit=Convert

-Select the table in that site with the conversion rate

Once you get the results in Excel, you can set up formulas that reference
the Fx rate.
Whenever you want to get the latest rate, right click on the results range
and select Refresh Data

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"peterthistle" wrote:

> With Excel 2003, is there a way to have a cell automatically update the
> foreign exchange rate of yen to British pounds from the internet, and
> then use that cell to do calculations?
>

> --
> peterthistle
> peterthistle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28921
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486641

Exchange 2003 /outlook 97
Hello, I am planning to migrate from Exchgange 5.5 server to Exchange 2003 server. However, I have several old outlook 97 clients. This combination is listed as "not supported", but does it work? The clients only need acces to mail and appointments. Thanks! Hi, I'm told by a few people that this combination of software does work without any significant loss of functionlity. Of course there are some features you won't be able to leverage until you upgrade to a supported client (Outlook 2000, Outlook 2002 or Outlook 2003 on the PC side). We have not fully tested this c...

How Migrate mail account from SendMail to Exchange 2003
Hi... a new infrastructure has been created,new domain in Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I need to migrate the mail accounts that are in a Sendmail to Exchange Server Some idea or suggestion? If you are using Outlook with Sendmail, export the user mailbox to PST file. Once you have the users Exchange Mailbox created, import the PST file into the Exchange Mailbox. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "[TkT]" <TkT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E545A6-35E8-4F42-8FE0-E43469F21B0A@microsoft.com... > H...

Exchange 5.5
We've got an exchange 5.5 server in an NT4 domain, when i create a new distribution group in Exchange Administrator it appears in the recipients section but not in the global address list (i've checked its not set to be hidden) however if i creat a new user they do appear in the global address list Anyone got any ideas??? Regards Paul ...

Unable to remove Exchange 5.5 from exchange organization
Hoping someone can help me. I've scoured the web for help and seen this issue posted before but never a good answer. We had exchange 5.5 on server1. We installed Exchange 2003 on server2. Everything was migrated, everything was/is working fine on server2. I uninstalled Exchange5.5 from server1. I uninstalled ADC. I cannot remove Exchange 5.5 from System Manager 2003. From within System Mgr 2003 when I expand administrative groups->org->folders->public folders->system configuration. The "replication" of SYSTEM CONFIGURATION shows both servers. When I clic...

Real strange symptom.. Big Exchange bug of 2005?
Current setup: Exchange SBS 2003, Outlook 2003 Setup date: around Sept this year Hi all, i face a really really strange situation. I have some rules setup already to put dedicate user, e.g., Michael Jordan, to a folder "Jordan". Therules work well that put email from MJ to folder Jordan but today i found 3 emails from MJ sent few days before is not work. Instantly i trigger the rule manually "Run rule now" so that the email from MJ put back to folder "Jordan" although i m not sure why email does not follow the rule. BUT, the strange is, even i "Run rule now...

Base Exchange security
Good morning! We recently started a software trial forwireless/mobile Exchange access. Per the software publisher's instructions, we downloaded and installed a registry change to our Exchange server to show a Security tab on the Properties sheet of the Organization. After doing this and the rest of the instructions to install this software, we had a "reactor scram" on the Exchange server and no mail was going anywhere. In troubleshooting I found that all permissions listed in this Security tab were gone. In order to get mail back up, I had to assign Full Control per...

Exchange Server 5.5 footnote
Anyone knows how to setup a footnote only for designated mailboxes only? I found the article from Microsoft's website to create a footnote for "all" outbound mail. But I want to customize it to create a separate and different footnote only for few of the users' mailboxes. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262097 Thanks. Alex On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:20:07 -0800, "bonusmarch" <bonusmarch@hotmail.com> wrote: >Anyone knows how to setup a footnote only for designated mailboxes only? > >I found the article from Microsoft's website to create a f...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 Recurring Messages
We are having a problem with either Outlook 2000 or Exchange 2000. Several users repeatedly are getting their recurring reminders from appointments that have happened years before. I have checked the knowledge base to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this? Steve Have you tried running Outlook once from the start | run line, with the /cleanreminders switch? <"full path to outlook.exe" /cleanreminders> Steve Holtgrewe wrote: > We are having a problem with either Outlook 2000 or > Exchange 2000. Several users repeatedly are getting their > recurring rem...

compressed drive for exchange db and logs
Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:35:51 -0700, "tony" <none@none.com> wrote: >Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? > Yes. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318116/en-us/ ...

problem retreiving mail from exchange
One user here has suddenly stopped retriving incoming mail from exchange. Mail received just sits there till he sends something out. Then the received emails show up in the inbox. This just started with no apparent cause. Normally as mail comes in it automatically appears in the inbox. Does anyone know why this has stopped? ...

Mutiplule Domains through one exchange server
I hope I am explaining this correctly. I have an exchnage server that I am using for my mail server. I have to domains on this server xxx.com and yyy.com. We use Outlook as our desktop mail cleint and we connect via exchange mail. My problem is I can get my mail from both xxx and yyy but when I want to send mail I am only able to use xxx. Is there anyway I can set up outlook or exchange to take care of this. Thanks Rob Not quite sure what you meant but Exchange can host multiple mail domains. Users can have multiple mail domain e-mail addresses or a single domain e-mail address. I...

Exchange 5.5 spam
I have Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 SP6a, a lot of my users keeps receiving e-mail from someone they don't recognize. I tested if my exchange is an open relay and so far the test came back negative. Is there anything else I need to check to keep unsolicited e-mail from going in. I have norton for Exchange installed on the server. Could this be cause by one of the workstation having a worm/virum? Thanks Ismael Probably your traffic is caused by the recent worms. I would give my NoSPAMProxy a try to get rid of that email flood. Alfons www.nospamproxy.de "Ismael" <ismael@d...

Exchange logon fails from broadband NOT modem
When connecting from a hotel broadband through a Microsoft PPTP VPN connection, Outlook 2002 fails to authenticate to Exchange 2000 server. MSM 5.0 to Exchange does same thing: prompt for username/password/domain but always rejects entry for muliple accounts. The PC is Windows 2000 with all current SP and patches. The same PC has no trouble access file servers, the VPN, and Outlook Web Access using the same username. The same PC worked well on the same hotel broadband before. The same PC connects with no issues from Outlook 2002 when connecting through a dialup Internet connection through...

Is this error exchange 2003 based?
HI, I have a ecommerce package that after I submit the form, it usually sends an email, I recenlty moved this site to a new server with Exchange and now when I try and submit, I get this. Exchange 2003 and the website are both on the same W2k3 server. error '8004020f' /ssl/SFLib/mail.asp, line 311 Thanks David Also, In IIS would the application Pool be ExchangeAppPool or the DefaultAppPool being that this program uses CDOSYS. Thanks much "David" <dross@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:#6m611lsEHA.1344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > HI, I have a ecommerce package ...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Limit Notification Options
I'm running Exchange 2003 Native in a Windows 2000 Native domain. We're beginning to implememnt mailbox quotas for the enterprise and are not satisfied with the message that exchange sends to our users, as well as the means it sends it. What the ultimate goal is here, is to have a Windows Pop-up message sent to the clients' computers within the limits we set, and the timetable we set for notification. Is this possible within System Admin, or are there any third party products available that would have this capability? Thanks. Not to the extent that you are wanting, no. However, t...

Exchange 2003 (SP2) Mailbox Manager Exclusion Question...
I am the admin for a Exchange Server 2003 (SP2) Enviroment and an running into a problem with the Mailbox Manager.. We currently purchased a 3rd party product to archive e-mail outside of the exchange server. Basically a user creates a folder called "Archive" under the root of their folder list in Outlook and then they can create whatever folder structure they like under the folder called "Archive". Any e-mail a user wants to keep over 120 days (the limit we have mail saved on the exchange server) they drag and drop into this archive folder and then the 3rd party pro...

Outlook client fails to authenticate after installing SP4 on Exchange 2K server
I installed SP4 on the Exchange 2k box last night. Now Outlook 2K and Xp fails to authenticate on 2 PC's. I deleted the profile on one and Outlook still refused to authenticate for that user. I logged onto another machine using that users credentials and Outlook worked. ...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

Exchange 2003
Howdy: We ahve recently migrated from an existing WinNT4/Exchange 5.5 Installation to a new Win2k3/Exchange 2003 mixed mode installation. All went well with the first server install but I am having problems installing the second and getting it to accept mail probably due to the reasonably complex computing environment. In short: All external mail is first handled via one of six UNIX servesr which does a look up and forwards the mail to the appropriate server in the format user@server.domain.com. This worked well enough with a single server, for the average Exchange customer the UNIX would...

Exchange 2000 restore
Hello all, We currently have two Win2000 DCs on our network, DC1 and DC2, both running AD and DNS. DC1 is also running Exchange 2000. I am setting up a new server as a failover server for DC1 in case it dies and I am following the instructions in the MS KB297289 here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297289/EN-US/ However when I try and reset the computer account for DC1 (from DC2), AD will not let me because DC1 is a domain controller. Is there any way around this? Without resetting the DC1 account I do not believe that I will be able to add the 'new' DC1 to the domain. TIA T...

Renaming an Exchange 2003 server...problems!
Hello all. I have this problem that I'm facing with the rename of a Win2003 and Exchange 2003 server which is a member of a Win2000 AD.After I renamed the server I have the problem with the Exchange System Attendant service which doesn't start.I started the RPC locator service then tried to start the System Attendant service again but with no luck. I've checked out the Domain Controller for DNS resolution and group membership and everything is ok. I run dcdiag and everything is ok again. I'm looking in the posts and on the net in general but I can't find anything that will ...

Exchange related Perfmon counters
Looking for detail on Exchange related perfmon counters and their functions. Thanks, Paul Try poking around here : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx "Paul from Detroit" <nobody@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:YaadnftCGPs-fqXfRVn-3A@comcast.com... > Looking for detail on Exchange related perfmon counters and their > functions. > > Thanks, > Paul > > ...

Syncing exchange e-mails @ home and @ work

simplest way to migrate 5.5 to 2k3 exchange
I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in a nt4 domain. I want to upgrade exchange to 2k3 on a new box with server 2k that's currently installed in the same nt4 domain. What would be the simplest way to achieve this? Any recommendation is appreciated, thanks. Well, the first task is to get your NT4 Domain to Windows 2000 or 2003 AD. What is your migration plan for getting to AD? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "hohum" <rickster@intelisol.com> wrote in message news:8%xQh.4647$YL5.39@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >I have ...

DR test restore for Exchange 2003 cluster to single node
We have an Exchange 2003 cluster (sitting on W2K3 Enterprise platform) that is the sole server for 500 mailboxes within our organisation. We are due to do DR testing very shortly. I do not want to try and resurrect the cluster, as we had a consultant in to do that and there is no way I could repeat what he did. Therefore I will have a single node as the DR Exchange server. I was wondering how easy this is to do, and whether this will complicate matters? The name of the cluster server is obviously different to its consituent nodes. If I were to restore a single node, would it need to be broug...