Force From field to use different name

Hi, is it possible to force the from field of a message to use a different
name?

I have a user who receives resumes - she would like to send a notification
that a resume has been received but not show her own name in the From field,
just a generic "Resume Receiver" or something but only for that message only.
All other messages from her should show her real name.

Your help appreciated!--
Thanks,
GillianHG

You sure you meant to post in an excel newsgroup???

--

Dave Peterson
0

"GillianHG" wrote:

> Hi, is it possible to force the from field of a message to use a different
> name?
>
> I have a user who receives resumes - she would like to send a notification
> that a resume has been received but not show her own name in the From field,
> just a generic "Resume Receiver" or something but only for that message only.
> All other messages from her should show her real name.
>
> Your help appreciated!--
> Thanks,
> GillianHG

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

How to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks without using Project.a
I know for tasks which are not summary tasks we can get TASK_ID field using statusing web service. But i could nto find any other options than Project web service to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks and the top level project task. Problem of using Project web service is that in my custom sharedpoint web part where we are using PSI web services we get all the data required using Resource and Statusing web service for the logged in resource. But Statusing web service retrieves TASK_ID only for actual tasks and not for summary tasks. Now just to get TASK_ID of summary tas...

2007
Project desktop expert, new to Project Server 2007 and working with a sandbox implementation currently. When I use the PWA Build Team...Replace to replace a generic resource on a project with an actual named resource after first publishing a plan, my updates don't appear to be reflected in Project Server. If I check out and open the Project Plan in MSP Pro, however, the updates were made, and then if I publish the schedule, the updates appear in server. I thought when you made resource updates using PWA that they should be reflected immediately (or as soon as the request...

Permissions is not allowing me to use my print preview.
Help! Don't understand My Permission in Excel. Even though I unrestrict, it still doesn't allow me to Preview my documents. How do I reset? Please Help, ...

Developing a robust database at one co. then using it at another c
Are there any legal implications of using the type of database listed above to perform similar functions for another company? The 2 company's are in 2 totally different industries and the new database will have to be modified to fit the requirements for the industry it is in. The database was developed at the old company. there is no such thing as a robust Jet database. Move to SQL Server if you want to build a solution that will work for the next decade. Jet is and always has been depecrated On Apr 7, 12:14=A0pm, BoaMan10 <BoaMa...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Transferring Field from Existing Table/limitations and change of d
Thank you in advance for your help! I have two Excel spreadsheets that I successfully imported into Access 2003 and created tables for. I need to add the field from one table to the other, but there is not a direct match in the relationship. The large table uses the Employee ID as the primary key. The smaller table contains one field that lists a subset of these Employee ID numbers (a selection of certain employees). I need to transfer this field to the larger table, but I do not know how to tell Access to match up the corresponding numbers (i.e., the large table lists all employees, bu...

Line Graph with two different data points
Hello, I am trying to create a line chart with numbers from my product Vs a competitor. The problem i am having is how can i make a chart that will have four data points comparing to each other? For example Product A- 1.5 1.2 1.6 1.8 Product B- 2.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Product A- 70% 20 % 30% 67% Product B- 65% 30% 65% 55% How do i get all of these numbers on one chart? Is a line chart correct. I want to see these numbers compared?? Thank you so much Hi, Since the number don't appear related to the percentages you might plot them on the same chart but two different axes. If they were relate...

How do I TRIM a field in existing fields....?
I didn't realize when I imported some data into my database that there were a bunch of spaces after all the data. I know that I can do a RTRIM the data in a query, but I don't want to have to remember every time I create a query to TRIM it. Do I have to use a query and make a temp table and then delete the data from my original table and then put the data back in from my temp table. I can do this, but wanted to know if there is a better way. Thanks Kelvin Kelvin A standard approach to importing (and "cleaning") data is to import/append to a temporary table, then ...

Force Service Start-up...
I have a small network with Active Directory Installed. The AD Domain is controlled by Win2003 Servers. I have a member server which is Win 2008 (R1) server. The central database for Sage's Simply Accounting is installed on this server. One of Sage's peculiarities is the "Connection Manager". This is installed on the server as a "service". And the start-up is "automatic". The problem is that when the server reboots, this installed service *does not start". It will not start unless you either launch Simply Accounting on the server, or unles...

Question on multiple NICs used by Exchange 2003
I have a requirement to bind four virtual SMTP servers to unique IP addresses. The server has four NICs and each IP address is uniquely bound to a virtual SMTP server. I used telnet to confirm that the appropriate virtual SMTP server responds to each assigned IP address. In case you are wondering why I did not use virtual IP addresses- Per Microsoft, the virtual IP address schema will not satisfy our requirement that the same IP address be used for sending (relaying) the e-mail that received it. Their recommendation was to have a NIC for each virtual SMTP server. The problem that I am ex...

Move a particular named sheet to the end.
Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last sheet within a workbook? Your assistance will be appreciated. -- Thank U and Regards Ann Try this: Worksheets("Total").Move after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) "Ann" wrote: > Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last > sheet within a workbook? > > Your assistance will be appreciated. > > -- > Thank U and Regards > > Ann > Barb, Works a treat, thank you for your assiatance. -- Thank U and Regards Ann "Barb Reinhar...

How to use AjaxToolKit in asp.net for DHTML Editor
Dear Sir/Madam Please tell me how to use AjaxToolKit dll for DHTML purpose using C#. Thanks in Advance "Deep" <vinodkus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7ac633e9-2cbd-4417-9b4e-363a9b5b3e74@d27g2000yqf.googlegroups.com... > Please tell me how to use AjaxToolKit dll for DHTML purpose using C#. http://tinyurl.com/ybfuqo8 ...

Using the classes created with xsd.exe
I have created classes from several xsd files. These files create about 150 classes and spot checking them they do represent types in the xsd files. the question is how do I use these files. How do I load data into them and create xml from them. Is there some articles about this subject. Thank you, -- Jerry Hi Jerry, As for the classes you've generated, are they normal classes or dataset classes? As for the normal classes you generated through xsd.exe, you can use XML serialization to convert those class instances into XML content or deserialize the XML content back into objec...

File Naming for Picture Order
I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. bjackson wrote: > I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and > want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical > order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. ======================= Instead of... 1, 2, 3,.....10, 11, 12... Try this... 0001, 0002, 0003,.....0010, 0011, 0012 If you are batch renumbering the f...

Report repeats a field
Example: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 John Smith 3,17 4,27 7,34 John Smith 1,22 6,57 8,92 I want that the report shows a name(John Smith) only one time like this: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 3,17 4,27 7,34 1,22 6,57 8,92 The report get the informations from a Query that get the information from a table. One way to do this would be to set the "name" control's Hide Duplicates property to Yes. Another way to do this would be to use Sorting & Grouping, then Gro...

Displaying Sheet Tabs Names in Cells
Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to display the Name of a Sheet Tab in a cell. Take for example I have 4 worksheets, labelled Shawn, Kevin, Mary, & Data. In data, I want it to show the name of the worksheets. So in Cell A4 I would like it to say Shawn, then in B4 I can put Shawn's data in. Is there a function or a formula that allows me to do this. Thanks for any help. Hi Maybe this UDF will do for you. ------ Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function ------ Insert the function in...

Having different gap widths among bars
Hi, I tried to 2 different gap widths among yearly bars and monthly bars. No success. Any resolution or a better way to handle this kind of presentation? Advice is greatly appreciated. MW Do you want a bunch of years to the left, and a bunch of months to the right? Put your months on the secondary axis, and include lots of blanks in the beginning of the series data range, so the months pile up toward the right. Include blanks at the end of the yearly series data range to push those bars to the left. Right click the chart, choose Chart Options, and click on the Axes tab. Check th...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...

Reminders coming back after offline use
I have a user who uses Outlook on his laptop, but when he is out of the office he accesses mail through OWA. Every time he comes back in the office he says he gets inundated with old reminders popping up. And when you click on "Dismiss" you get an error that says, "conflicting edits have been made to the same item..." and there are duplicates of the event. I looked at this today and noticed that there is an event with the original date and the duplicate was showing a last-edited date of last Thursday. I asked if anything unusual happened last Thursday and he said he pro...

How to merge columns and rows into one cell besides using Merge and Center Icon?
I had posted this question before, but I couldn�t find this thread in any of the pages up till page 17. So I�m posting again. I want to merge all rows and columns starting from A1 to J2, with no lines in between into one cell. My text data value are in D1 and D2 respectively. Using Merge and Center Icon will only retain the upper-left most data, resulting the data in D2 to be deleted. So how to merge all rows and columns into one cell and yet prevent the data in D2 to be deleted? Any help will be greatly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from h...

Virus Outbreak by using SMTP virtual server
Hi, The client was accidentally open approved-password.zip file then the nightmare began to spread out. It will use "system administrator" and "webmaster" as sender to inform the user that their password is grant or deny. Today, it tried to send out as NDR style. I assumed the virus on the workstation is using our smtp server. Will there a log that SMTP virtual server may generate so I can keep cross reference such as workstation or username so I can pinpoint? Any suggestion or recommendation will be appreciated. I am currently using Trend Micro Offican or Scan...

Using MFC dll from non-MFC application
I have been struggling several weeks with this problem. I need to call an MFC dll from a non-MFC application. The MFC dll was originally a working MFC program that I conveted to a dll. The dll works fine except that it crashes when I exit. Can anyone provide me with some snippets of working code showing how you did this? An example of the calling code, the CWinApp (or at least the InitInstance) and the hook function would be great. I have read several times that this should be easy to do, so I am probably just missing a simple line somewhere. The way I created my dll is to use to ...

FORM Calculated Field
I am trying to attempt a simple percentage calculation to provide our sales team for the Opportunity Entity. I have 3 fields 1. estimatedvalue (Est. Revenue)- money 2. closeprobability (Probability) - int 3. dsi_weightedrevenue (Weighted Revenue) - int I need the following calculation to populate my Weighted Revenue (int) field as a percent estimatedvalue X closeprobability = dsi_weightedrevenue I have tried the following script adding it to the OnLoad event of the form being sure to select the "Event is enabled" check box there as well. But after publishing I get nothing but a...

Run-Time Error 3070 when using FindFirst
I have two forms, one with summary data and one showing the full record. I am trying to open the full record, by double clicking on the summary record. Both forms use the same record set. Whe I do a debugm the "me.ConId" gives the right value. The error says that the that MS Access does not recognise "ContactId" as a valid fieldname. ConId is an alais of ContactId and formated as an integer I have checked the groups for this error, but only found solutions for text related data. Not sure if it applies to number dat. The code used is as follows:- Private Sub ConId_Db...

Open Excel from a VB6 application then use "Find and Replace" form
Hi all, I need to open Excel from an VB6 application and run the "Find and Replace" form using a value that the VB application has it. I like the "Find and Replace" form better that using regular code because it has an window that opens and shows what are the search results. Any suggestion is welcome!!! You can use the standard built in dialog like this Sub test() Set FindDialog = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind) Results = FindDialog.Show ' results is a boolean MyResults = ActiveCell.Value End Sub I've never been able to figure...